New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Call to Brew! [Crossroads]

Hi guys, trying to make rent. Will have updates soon.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Don't worry about it, reality always takes priority, take the time you need to get things sorted out. Hope it works out!
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

I've made occasional tweaks to the current critters. I've been trying to focus on the three new presents I have for you, which are the three chinese monsters most likely to have snuck over to the new world successfully. Unfortunately they are huge and time consuming entries. I will likely have been working on them over a month before I post
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #394

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with! I am entirely confident they will be well worth the wait.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...postcount=1048
    Okay I thought the first thing to do would be chinese beasties that could disguise themselves as people, or that were undead. They would make most sense to be in america.

So here's the Gui. Zhi Ren is below it, and the beginnings of the Ghost King Template below that.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #396

Alright, took me a bit to get into it, but here we go with the review.

Gui
    I think you should leave the incorporeal subtype off the base creature, and just have manifestation grant it at will.

I think you have to mention gaining a flight speed under speed somewhere.

When I first glanced over this I thought I was gonna have to say something about there being way too many special abilities for one creature, but seeing the limit of Manifestation + 1 + 1/4 HD resolves the vast majority of my worries. Maybe it would be best to limit the special attacks section itself to manifestation and an ability that lets them select abilities from a separate list based on HD, so as to avoid confusion?

Animate bamboo: When used as a weapon, how is it wielded? light, one-handed, two-handed, can it be treated as a weapon for feats... I'd say treat it as a spear or shortspear. Otherwise, seems solid.

Bad Omen: The non-core SLAs will have to go, but otherwise solid.

Blood drain: Looks good. I'm not fond of the wording, but that's the game designer's fault, not yours.

Curse of revenge: seems powerful, but I suppose the limitations kinda make up for it. Though, I guess it depends on how many people the gods have turned their backs on.

Deceit: Full-on spellcasting progression doesn't really seem like it balances against the rest of the abilities thus far, even if it is limited to two schools. Maybe like X/day, they can cast any illusion/enchantment spell with a spell level of 1/2 their HD or less.

Divination: Again, full-on scaling spellcasting progression seems like it doesn't balance, even limited to one school. See deceit's suggestion.

Drain: I think the wording on the benefits for the gui is odd. I'd say it as 'Each time the gui deals ability drain, they can choose to heal 5 HP, increase the DCs of all its special attacks by 2 for 24 hours, or become immune to turning for 24 hours.

Horrific appearance: This seems really strong, especially if it only stops with a successful save.

Hungry Touch: you should insert 'each round' in there before you give the duration, it's a little confusing otherwise. Also, roll all the death-based effects together 'if this damage kills the target, their body turns into ash, and they cannot be raised or resurrected'.

Invisibility: Can you reduce it to greater invisibility, for the sake of staying in core?

Madness: Looks good but for maddening whispers.

Mischeif: Core only, please. I don't think I've ever seen an SLA with a usage of 'every 1d4 rounds'.

Parasitic rope: Now this is interesting. It seems a little long, though... How about this:
    Unique to the Diao si gui, the rope used to hang themselves can be used as a whip. A parasitic rope is treated as a whip, but if it deals damage to or touches the bare skin of a humanoid creature, the victim must make a fortitude save with a DC of (10+1/2 the gui's HD+ their charisma modifier) or have the rope bind to their flesh. If the robe binds, the victim must a will save with a DC of 15+1/day the rope has been attached or suffer the curse of the noose's grip. Those suffering the curse of the noose's grip become possessed by a compulsion to hang themselves until dead. The curse is permanent until the rope is removed or the victim is treated with Remove Curse. Each day the rope remains attached, its hold grows stronger. Each morning, the victim takes 1 point of constitution drain and must make another will save to resist the noose's grip. The rope may be removed with a heal check or strength check with a DC of 20+2/day the rope has been attached, or a Remove Curse spell followed by a Heal spell. A successful check to remove the rope deals 1d6 damage to the victim, but a check that fails by 5 or less deals 2d6 points of damage to the victim, and a check that fails by more than 5 forces the victim to make a fortitude save with a DC of 20 +1/day the rope been attached or die instantly. If the rope is removed, any constitution drain it dealt becomes constitution damage. A parasitic rope can be used by creatures other than the gui, but the gui can summon it to their hand as a swift action, regardless of distance or obstacles.

Plague spreader: I'd say core only spells, please, but that only leaves you with one spell. I'll probably have to drop this.

Possessor: I think the DC should probably scale with HD like most special attacks.

Now, on to special qualities. I'll be honest, a lot of these seem to need some very significant modification, either to fit the setting or to function mechanically.

Planar travel: This refers to various afterlives as separate planes of existence, which is not the case with the spirit world, though I suppose you could say they can only appear in certain areas of the spirit world when they shift off the mortal world. It also talks about other planes, which aren't things.

Gui Limitations: What happens when they don't, can't, or are prevented from returning to their graves/the afterlife as day comes? Do they die if they're not 'put away' when day breaks, or do they have to actually be exposed to sunlight? Do they die, or just blink out of existence until the sun departs from their location?

Bound: If a family is traveling, do they have to stay within x distance of the family, or is it just a free pass to depart for parts unknown? Are they compelled to come back at some point?

Slave: It doesn't actually mention anywhere they have to obey the 'master' or stay close to them.

Alternative Movement: Being incorporeal means they automatically get a flight speed while incorporeal, I don't know if just extending that to their material form would be enough to make it worth an ability.

Reward: This seems awfully vague. Does the DM decide 'significant', does the ghost, or does the individual?

Man, these are a lot of ghost types. They all look interesting, I admit, but I don't think I have time to go check your work, so I'm just gonna trust you're on the ball there.

Overall, a very interesting, very comprehensive creation, definitely worth the wait!

Zhi Ren
    What size are they? I'd assume tiny, or maybe diminutive.
    You should mention, as constructs, they have no Con.
    You mention 'use either the gui's base save bonus' and then don't mention an alternative.
    Skills mentions the skill points of an animal of their type.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

A few quick notes

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Alright, took me a bit to get into it, but here we go with the review.

Gui

I think you have to mention gaining a flight speed under speed somewhere.
    Fore the most part gui can't fly, some can which is why its an option under special qualities, but the vast majority are corporeal, and just as easily killed via sword as a mortal depending on their level of spiritual power

Horrific appearance: This seems really strong, especially if it only stops with a successful save.
    It's identical to the standard dnd ghost ability

Gui Limitations: What happens when they don't, can't, or are prevented from returning to their graves/the afterlife as day comes? Do they die if they're not 'put away' when day breaks, or do they have to actually be exposed to sunlight? Do they die, or just blink out of existence until the sun departs from their location?
    Leaving is not an option for them. Once dawn hits they're gone.

I've found a gentleman more knowledgeable than I so I'll be making changes once I chat with him.
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I realize that I had promised this several months ago but it kinda got away from me. BTW it looks like this was already done: see here: http://crossroadsthenewworld.tumblr....-small-fey-hit
    Since we wanted a fresh take on this, here it is. Here is a link to the Concealed Scent feat mentioned below: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/genera.../conceal-scent

Jogah, Gandayah CR 3
    XP 800
    NG Small Fey (Shapechanger)
    Hit Dice: 6d6+6 (27 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Burrow (15 ft.), fly (as owl or robin only) 30 ft. (average)
    Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +1 Dex,+ 3 leaf armor), touch 12, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack: +3 CMB +3, CMD +12
    Attack: Small mwk wooden greatclub +4 melee (1d8-1) or small mkw wooden dart +6 ranged (1d3-1)
    Full Attack: Small mwk wooden greatclub +4 melee (1d8-1) or small mwk wooden dart + 6 ranged (1d3-1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon
    Special Qualities: Change Shape (bird form only), immune to plant-based poisons, low-light vision, spell-like abilities
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref+6, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 17
    Skills: Acrobatics +10, Escape Artist +12, Fly (as robin or owl only) +10, Knowledge (nature) +9, Perception +11, Stealth+12
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Stealthy, Toughness
    Environment: Temperate hills and plains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or tribe (3-10)
    Treasure: No coins, standard non-metal good and items
    Advancement: By character class (favored class: druid)
    Level Adjustment: No idea on this one.

A wiry dwarf-like little man wearing leaf armor and carrying an intricately carved wooden club tends to a small plant.

The jogah are an elusive race of little people and are divided into three groups. The gandayah guard fruit and grains, and protect their gardens and fields from blight and insects. The gandayah use their spell-like abilities to talk to plants and to help them grow. They especially love strawberries. In exchange for bottles of strawberry wine left especially for them, the gandayah keep an eye on The Big People’s fields as well.

As long as their relations with the “Big People” is maintained, the gandayah use their change shape ability to appear as owls to give warning of impending danger or as robins to bestow a blessing. When relations are strained, the gandayah make their displeasure well-known by leaving tiny tubs of rotten and foul-smelling vegetable matter in public areas.

The gandayah only appear in the summer months, emerging from their underground lairs and returning when the first leaves turn to autumn.

A typical gandayah weighs 20 lbs. and stands just over 2 feet tall.

Combat

Gandayah typically avoid combat but will attack creatures that threaten their gardens. They use their breath weapon and then attack with their clubs or darts. They tend to change to bird form as soon as it is convenient and flee.

Breath Weapon (Su): Once a day as a standard action, a gandayah can spew forth a 10-foot cone of damp mulch that deals 1d8 points of bludgeoning damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 13) halves the damage. The save DC is Constitution-based.

The damp mulch has a variety of other uses. It can be gathered normally and used as gardening material, adding a +2 to any Profession (gardener) or Profession (farmer) check made with it. A creature on fire can roll in the mulch and extinguish the flames. The mulch adds a +6 bonus to the save instead of the normal +4. After rolling in mulch, creatures have their scent masked (as the Concealed Scent feat), until the mulch is cleaned off. A large quantity (at least a quart) of water washes off the dirt. Last of all, Plants and plant creatures that grow in the mulch tend to be healthier and hardier than they would normally be, gaining a +1 Circumstance bonus to saves against desiccation damage, blight, and other ill-effects that target plants. Plant creatures grown in a gandayah's mulch gain the Advanced Template. A bag of mulch covers a 10-foot square (3 inches deep). Gandayah don't sell their mulch for coins though they'll accept strawberries, strawberry wine especially.

Change Shape (Su): A gandayah may take the form of either an owl or a robin, gaining the ability to fly at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability.

Spell-like Abilities: At will—pass without a trace (natural environments only); 3/day—blessing; 1/day—entangle, plant growth, speak with plants. CL 6

This should be the final version now.
    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-04-17 at 02:44 AM. Reason: added bag of mulch text
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

9. - Top - End - #399
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Dire Skunk CR 1
    XP 400
    N Small Animal
    Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 16 (+3 Dex, +1 size, +5 natural)
    HP 17 (2d8+6)
    Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +3

Speed 40 ft
    Melee Bite +5 (1d4+0) 2 Claw +5 (1d3+0)
    Ranged Spray +5 touch (musk)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

Str 11 (+0), Dex 17 (+3), Con 17 (+3), Int 2 (-4), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 10 (+0)
    Base Atk +1; CMB +0 ; CMD +13
    Feats Weapon Finesse
    Skills Perception +8
    SQ musk

Musk (Ex)
    Up to four times time per day, a dire skunk can produce a noxious spray of musk. All creatures within a 15-foot cone must make a DC 16 reflex save or be struck by this spray. All creatures struck by the spray must make a DC 16 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds and sickened for 1d4 minutes by the horrific stench. A successful save reduces the effect to only 1d4 rounds sickened. A skunk's musk lingers on a creature for up to one month, and is all but impossible to get rid of. For one month, the creature is treated as though they had an overpowering odor for the purposes of the scent ability, and cannot use the scent ability. The save DCs are constitution based and include a +2 racial bonus.
    _________
    ECOLOGY

Environment temperate forests
    Organization solitary, pair, or surfeit (3-5)
    Treasure none

A skunk the size of a pit bull trundles out the bushes and stomps the ground menacingly.

Mustelids of unusual size best known for their musk shooting abilities, dire skunks are larger tougher and meaner versions of standard skunks. Unlike most dire animals dire skunks are perfectly willing to approach humanoid settlements,rummaging through garbage an occasionally attacking poultry.
    Last edited by kopout; 2015-03-06 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

10. - Top - End - #400

Man, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to ya'all, I been weirdly busy all weekend.

Gui
    All creatures with the incorporeal subtype have a fly speed, since they can't though the ground to move. As the base gui has the incorporeal type, technically, they should have a - for strength, too. I would suggest leaving them as corporeal undead and then making the manifestation thing grant the incorporeal subtype.

Man, really? Apparently I don't know **** about ghosts. I keep getting tripped up on ghost abilities.

You say 'gone', but 'gone' means a lot of different things, and 'dawn' is a squishy term. Do they just die? Is there a save or something? Do they shift to the spirit world or phase out of existence? Is 'dawn' the moment the sun peeks over the horizon? Do they actually have to be touched by sunlight to be affected? There's a lot of questions.

Jogah, Gandayah
    Excellent! I'm always happy to see people being all motivated to create!
    Don't worry about the format, when the time comes I'll be putting everything in proper format and everything.

Overall, it seems solid, nothing jumps out at me as out of balance or overly weird.

Math check: Looks good to me!

The breath weapon is definitely interesting and creative. Perhaps the mulch automatically extinguishes non-magical fires in the area, too? I would take out the bit about bonus to profession (gardening), since that seems overly specific, and it seems like it would have to apply to a bunch of different professions. Maybe instead say that one breath weapon produces enough mulch to cover one 10-ft square of garden or field, and plants grown in it are more productive, like with plant growth. Maybe even include a price for a bushel of the magic mulch?

If you want to add a little more offensive punch, you could throw on some other plant-related SLAs, like entangle.

You know, looking at these guy's myths, they would probably fit in the little folk race somewhere. I'll have to check it out.

Overall, a solid critter, very few, very minor complaints.

Dire Skunk
    Niiiice. I like it.

Math check: Looks good!

You know, I know the musk mechanic is taken from the base skunk, but I have to say, I think we could make some changes to make it a little more realistic:
    Up to four times time per day, a dire skunk can produce a noxious spray of musk. All creatures within a 15-foot cone must make a DC 16 reflex save or be struck by this spray. All creatures struck by the spray must make a DC 16 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds and sickened for 1d4 minutes by the horrific stench. A successful save reduces the effect to only 1d4 rounds sickened. A skunk's musk lingers on a creature for up to one month, and is all but impossible to get rid of. For one month, the creature is treated as though they had an overpowering odor for the purposes of the scent ability, and cannot use the scent ability. The save DCs are constitution based and include a +2 racial bonus.

I'm vaguely tempted to try to work acid damage in there, considering it's a dire skunk.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Jogah, Gandayah
    Excellent! I'm always happy to see people being all motivated to create!
    Don't worry about the format, when the time comes I'll be putting everything in proper format and everything.
    Glad you liked it. I still have a ways to go to learn proper formatting.
    Overall, it seems solid, nothing jumps out at me as out of balance or overly weird.
    Math check: Looks good to me!
    Oh good. I didn't think I had any egregious errors.
    The breath weapon is definitely interesting and creative. Perhaps the mulch automatically extinguishes non-magical fires in the area, too? I would take out the bit about bonus to profession (gardening), since that seems overly specific, and it seems like it would have to apply to a bunch of different professions. Maybe instead say that one breath weapon produces enough mulch to cover one 10-ft square of garden or field, and plants grown in it are more productive, like with plant growth. Maybe even include a price for a bushel of the magic mulch?
    Glad you liked the breath weapon. I felt it needed some punch. Technically, you need water to extinguish a fire and while the mulch is damp, it's not wet enough to fully extinguish a fire. I would think throwing a lot of mulch on the fire would cause it to smolder rather than just extinguish, but I'm too nit-picky sometimes. I think we have a lot of NPCs and PCs who take profession skills but never get to use them. I'd rather it be kept just for that purpose. Sure it can be enough mulch for a 10-foot square but I'd rather not have it act as plant growth since that is one of their spell-like abilities. A bag of mulch covers a 10-foot square (3 inches deep). Gandayah don't sell their mulch for coins though they'll accept strawberries, strawberry wine especially. I did give plants a bonus to avoid desiccation damage and plat creatures gain the advanced template. That should be enough.

If you want to add a little more offensive punch, you could throw on some other plant-related SLAs, like entangle.
    Once a day entangle would work. I'll add it.

You know, looking at these guy's myths, they would probably fit in the little folk race somewhere. I'll have to check it out.
    Overall, a solid critter, very few, very minor complaints.
    Thanks

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-03-03 at 05:48 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

12. - Top - End - #402

EvilClericGuy

Dire Skunk
    Niiiice. I like it.

Math check: Looks good!

You know, I know the musk mechanic is taken from the base skunk, but I have to say, I think we could make some changes to make it a little more realistic:

I'm vaguely tempted to try to work acid damage in there, considering it's a dire skunk.
    For the math to work it would have to be ether DC 15 on the saves or a +3 racial bonus. If we go for acid damage I would sugest something like this:

Up to four times time per day, a dire skunk can produce a noxious spray of musk. All creatures within a 15-foot cone must make a DC 16 reflex save or be struck by this spray. All creatures struck by the spray takes 1d3 points of acid damage and must make a DC 16 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds and sickened for 1d4 minutes by the horrific stench. A successful save reduces the effect to only 1d4 rounds sickened but does not modify the acid damage. A skunk's musk lingers on a creature for up to one month, and is all but impossible to get rid of. For one month, the creature is treated as though they had an overpowering odor for the purposes of the scent ability, and cannot use the scent ability. The save DCs are constitution based and include a +3 racial bonus.
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Found a better source of material. Gui is undergoing a massive rewrite. Much of what I found was due to inaccurate translating.

But yes gui cannot fly. They can hover up to 5 ft off the ground, but they are limited in odd ways. For example despite being incorporeal, they can only enter through openings they went through in life such as doors or windows (even if those openings are locked or barred shut), but walls, floors and ceilings block them. Sudden changes in direction, crossroads and walls confuse them (they take a massive int and wis penalty on dying), so putting a big screen in front of or behind your door stops them cold. Their ability to manifest depends on their spiritual power and the influence of yin and yang. In strong Yang areas (daylight, red colored rooms) they can barely manifest at all, being limited to a few cantrips (they are naturally invisible and incorporeal). In weak yang they can become visible, and in neutral they can become visible or corporeal for brief periods of time. At night they can become both. The more people they kill the more powerful they get, and the easier it is to manifest themselves or break rules (such as gaining the ability to actually fly for real).

Only powerful ghosts can planar travel, and even then they have to know the way. Ghosts on the mortal plane are stuck here unless the afterlife fetches them. So they're still around in daylight, they're just virtually powerless to do anything to anyone.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #404
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

Hey, i just realized that i still have the Kaitorak claimed.

Months ago i had it almost entirely done but i then lost my computer. I think it was quite well made, but i very much doubt that i will ever redo it. Therefore i hereby unclaim it.

15. - Top - End - #405

Gandayah
    I suppose it depends on how damp the mulch is and how thoroughly it covers the area.
    As to profession skills, I'm not arguing that, I just figure profession: Gardening is rather specific, when it seems like it would benefit Profession: Farming or any other sort of growing-related profession. I just suggested Plant Growth because it seemed like a solid, universal benefit that wouldn't have quite so many specifics tied to its use.
    As to selling it, well, you never know. A lot of the little folk in the setting are 'coming out of the mound' as it were, having more open relations with human neighbors. I just thought it would be an interesting commodity to see around, a sort of semi-cheaply-available plant growth effect for farmers, gardeners, and the like. And who knows, maybe those they trade it to aren't so scrupulous about what they trade.

Dire Skunk
    DC 16's right. 10+1(1/2HD)+3(con)+2(racial)=16.
    I may have been trying a little hard to make it acid damage over time, the spray dealing initial acid damage works just fine.
    I do think 1d3 is probably a little light, though. Maybe bump the CR up to 2, bump the damage to 2d4 or even 2d6, and maybe take away the daily limit in favor of a recharge like a breath weapon? I dunno, I'm kinda wingin' it here.

Gui
    ...Man, gui are wierd. Anyways, just drop a post when they're ready-ish and I'll give 'em another look.

Kaitorak
    Aww, that's unfortunate...

And now I have to actually go update the first post...
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406

EvilClericGuy

Dire Skunk
    DC 16's right. 10+1(1/2HD)+3(con)+2(racial)=16.
    Huh, didn't know that. This is my first monster homebrew

I may have been trying a little hard to make it acid damage over time, the spray dealing initial acid damage works just fine.
    I do think 1d3 is probably a little light, though. Maybe bump the CR up to 2, bump the damage to 2d4 or even 2d6, and maybe take away the daily limit in favor of a recharge like a breath weapon? I dunno, I'm kinda wingin' it here.
    I don't think it should recharge like a breath weapon. Real skunks take about ten days to build up enough for about five shots, about a shot every two days and the Pathfinder base skunk can do it 2/day.

What if instead of acid damage we give them the ability to use a use of their musk pray to make a concentrated attack against a single foe. if they hit the foe is treated as having been caught in the spray and has to make an additional reflex save of be blinded temporarily from having it hit in/near their eyes?
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Gandayah

Gui
    ...Man, gui are wierd. Anyways, just drop a post when they're ready-ish and I'll give 'em another look.
    All chinese monsters are weird. I repeat, ALL. Their zombies for example are serial molesters who can change into wolves, are nearly invulnerable, yet can be killed by a single clap of thunder if its loud enough...
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #408

Dire Skunk
    The more you know... *rainbow shooting star*

True enough. I suppose we've taken enough liberties with the skunk spray.
    That seems to be a bit more aim than I imagine it would have. I dunno, we could probably drop the acid altogether, turning it into a cone and adding that lingering scent seems like it's probably enough.
    You know... Is the first reflex save really valid? I mean, if you're in the area, it's not like you can just 'slip between the drops' or whatever to avoid it. We could just drop it and just make it a fort save to reduce the effects.

Gui
    All cultures have really, really weird myths if you really get into them, especially if you go back a ways.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2015-03-07 at 10:03 AM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Gandayah
    I suppose it depends on how damp the mulch is and how thoroughly it covers the area.
    As to profession skills, I'm not arguing that, I just figure profession: Gardening is rather specific, when it seems like it would benefit Profession: Farming or any other sort of growing-related profession. I just suggested Plant Growth because it seemed like a solid, universal benefit that wouldn't have quite so many specifics tied to its use.
    As to selling it, well, you never know. A lot of the little folk in the setting are 'coming out of the mound' as it were, having more open relations with human neighbors. I just thought it would be an interesting commodity to see around, a sort of semi-cheaply-available plant growth effect for farmers, gardeners, and the like. And who knows, maybe those they trade it to aren't so scrupulous about what they trade.
    I added Profession (farmer) to the entry. Also, I didn't figure on the mulch being that damp but dropping and rolling in dirt is a legitimate way of putting out a fire so the mulch should give an added benefit. I may have t revise this.

See rules on catching on fire:
    "A character on fire may automatically extinguish the flames by jumping into enough water to douse himself. If no body of water is at hand, rolling on the ground or smothering the fire with cloaks or the like permits the character another save with a +4 bonus." The mulch should add +2 to the +4 bonus a PC gets for rolling on the ground.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-03-10 at 03:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I added Profession (farmer) to the entry. Also, I didn't figure on the mulch being that damp but dropping and rolling in dirt is a legitimate way of putting out a fire so the mulch should give an added benefit. I may have t revise this.

See rules on catching on fire:
    "A character on fire may automatically extinguish the flames by jumping into enough water to douse himself. If no body of water is at hand, rolling on the ground or smothering the fire with cloaks or the like permits the character another save with a +4 bonus." The mulch should add +2 to the +4 bonus a PC gets for rolling on the ground.

Debby
    Alright, then, I'd say it looks good to me. A very nice critter, milady.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

My sources laptop has asploeded. Editing the chinese critters awaits his return :(
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    My sources laptop has asploeded. Editing the chinese critters awaits his return :(
    Man, computer asplosions seem to be going around lately. At least three of my online friends have had computers asplode in the last few weeks.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

still awaiting my sources return so will do dust devils in meantime
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Can someone check this? I'm still not up to speed on Pathfinder

Jogah, Gahonga CR 3
    XP 800
    NG Small Fey
    Hit Dice: 6d6+6 (27 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Swim 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +1 Dex, + 3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack: +3, CMB +6, CMD 17
    Attack: Small mwk sling w/magic stone + 7 ranged (1d6+1, 2d6+2 vs. undead)
    Full Attack: Small mwk sling w/magic stone +7 ranged (1d6+1, 2d6+2 vs. undead)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Blood rage, rolling boulder trap, spell-like abilities
    Special Qualities: Hold Breath low-light vision, rock affinity
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 9
    Skills: Craft (Trap) +6 (+10 for rolling boulder traps), Handle Animal +5, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +11 Swim +6,
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw
    Environment: Temperate rivers
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or tribe (3-10) plus 1-3 trained beavers and 1-3 trained otters.
    Treasure: Magic stones
    Advancement: By character class (favored class fighter)
    Level Adjustment: No idea on this one.

A burly, dwarf-like little man with skin like granite emerges from the water, swinging an impressive sling.

The jogah are an elusive race of little people and are divided into three groups. The gahongas protect the rivers and rocks.

Despite their short stature, gahongas can roll even large boulders into place for setting rolling boulder traps. They keep a cache of magic stones (as the spell) with them and sometimes hide these along river banks guarded by otters or beavers they have tamed. They have a special affinity towards beavers and otters and can teach them 6 tricks. The usual trick are: come, defend, fetch, guard, seek, and stay.

A typical gahonga weighs 40 lbs. and stands just over 2 feet tall.

Combat

Gahongas always use magic stones in their slings. They set rolling boulder traps to crush opponents that stray into their areas.

Blood Rage (Ex): When a gahonga takes damage in combat, on its next turn it can fly into a rage as a free action. It gains +2 Constitution and +2 Strength, but takes a –2 penalty to its AC. The rage lasts as long as the battle or 1 minute, whichever is shorter. It cannot end its rage voluntarily.

Feat: Gahongas have the innate ability to use the Point Blank Shot feat with their slings even though the range increment is 50 feet instead of 30 feet.

Hold Breath (Ex): A gahonga can hold its breath up to six minutes before it risks drowning.

Rock Affinity (Su): Gahongas never need to make Strength checks to roll large or smaller boulders when crafting their rolling boulder traps (see below).

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At will—pass without a trace (natural environments only), ; 3/day—magic stone; 1/day—speak with animals, water breathing. CL 6

Skills: A gahonga can move through water at its indicated speed without making Swim checks. It gains a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform a special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered when swimming. A gahonga can use the run action while swimming, provided that it swims in a straight line. Gahongas have a +4 racial bonus to Craft (trap) checks to make rolling boulder traps.

ROLLING BOULDER TRAP CR 6
    Type mechanical; Perception DC 20; Disable Device DC 15
    Trigger location; Reset repair

DESCRIPTION
    This simple trap is typically placed on a slope needing a clear 10 foot wide path and is set to crush those that set it off. The boulder rolls for 30 feet, crushing everyone in its path that fails the Reflex save and rolls to a stop. Moving the boulder requires 3 successful DC 25 Strength checks. Trap cost: 600 gp. Construction DC: Craft (traps) 20.

EFFECTS
    Rolling boulder (4d6 damage, DC 20 Reflex negates); multiple targets (all targets in a 10-ft. x 30-ft. area)

CONSTRUCTION
    Skill Craft (traps) DC 20; Cost 600 gp
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-06-30 at 09:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...postcount=1056

Rough draft for the CHindi.

I gotta say the Navajo have a ton of taboos just related to ghosts. When I go through the full list I'm amazed they ever left their homes to do anything.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

As no one objected to the Dust Devil being done, I shall try the Hinqumemen next. I'm thinking it should be at least Colossal. Are there any stories describing it's intelligence? Is it an Ooze or an Aberration?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Just got a copy of Arctic Giants! So will be finalizing the Inuit giants shortly!
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #418

Oh, man, I can't believe how long I let this one slip off my radar...
    I've got the crossroads call later today, and I'll try to swing back around afterward to review everything I've been sadly silent on.

Hey, that's great that you managed to get the book! I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere. I hope it turns out to be a valuable source.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2015-06-06 at 07:54 AM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

It's oriented towards kids, but it's one of the few books collecting the mythology tales.

Will allow me to do the lesser giants, and perhaps revise the greater ones as well.
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Orcs and Goblins