Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Wacky Wonderland [OOC]

Welcome to...

The Wacky Wonderland!!

Hereeee... Are your players.

{table=head] Character-Creator|Character|Race|Class|Role
    Nevershutup|Lux Leyden|Human|Dragon Shaman 6|Tank/Buffer/Healer
    GrassyGnoll|Ailes Ruth|Human|Barbarian 4 Fighter 2|Meat Beefer
    Jaydubs|Marna Maralon & Her dog|Human & Dog|Druid & Animal Companion|Summoner & Tank
    Cravix|Sir Gallahand the Pink|Human|Knight|Tank?
    Jotunn|Halvard Goblincleaver|Dwarf|Beguiler|Skill-monkey
    ObscureJones|Cyrus MacGobbleshank|Half-elf|Bard|Support
    [/table]

But here... is What your players... Will be playing...

{table=head] Character-Creator|Character|Race|Class|Role
    GrassyGnoll|Lux Leyden|Human|Dragon Shaman 6|Tank/Buffer/Healer
    Nevershutup|Ailes Ruth|Human|Barbarian 4 Fighter 2|Meat Beefer
    Cravix|Marna Maralon & Her dog|Human & Dog|Druid & Animal Companion|Summoner & Tank
    Jotunn|Sir Gallahand the Pink|Human|Knight|Tank?
    ObscureJones|Halvard Goblincleaver|Dwarf|Beguiler|Skill-monkey
    Jaydubs|Cyrus MacGobbleshank|Half-elf|Bard|Support
    [/table]

We've got a pretty rounded party folks, so that's good news.

Spoiler: Here was the Wacky 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

3.5e. No compromises.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Homebrewed world. It wont be very big, but it could take forever if you guys are slow.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4-6. No more. Maybe less if noone's interested in fun things.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

OOTS.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

You will start at level 6.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Average WBL. Browse through that Magic Item's Compendium guys and snag yourself some lovely things.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Uhhhhh. Absolutely no homebrew, No pathfinder, And no homebrew. Just read the allowed books.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Anything from the allowed sources. No, Level, Adjustments. Aka: if it says LA+1, You cant have it, I'm sorry, not really.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Hit Points? Average. Round Up.

Ability Scores? Tier 1s get 20 point buy. Tier 2s get 24 point buy. Tier 3s get 28 point buy. Tier 4s get 32 point buy. Tier 5s get 36 point buy. Hate me yet? You should.

"But wait Crest, What if I take 1 level of wizard and 5 levels of Beguiler?"
    First off, Why? Alright... Second off. Average it out.

Tier 1, Tier 3, Tier 3, Tier 3, Tier 3, Tier 3 : / ECL
    20 + 28+ 28+ 28+ 28+ 28 = x / 6.
    Easy Enough.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Why yes it does. No Evil. End of story.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

OH yes I do. Limit 2 classes. Paladin/Monk, Fighter/Wizard, Beguiler/Ranger. If you have 3 classes, You're wrong.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Anything You dont roll, I will roll, Anything I need to roll without you knowing, Will be done in private. If you swing at an ogre, And dont make your attack roll, I'll just roll it for you, you wont like it though, I might miss any modifiers ;D

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Why yes, There is.

This rule is the least fun of them all. So listen carefully.

If, At any point in time, You get healed by anything, be it Potion, Cure Minor Wounds, Heal, Magic Healing Fountain, Anything, Your body will be filled with positive energy for one full day (8 hours of rest should metabolize it, 8, Hours). Positive energy repels other positive energy, So if your cleric friend pops you a cure light wounds, and you get smacked with a hammer, and your paladin friend tries to lay his hands on you, a mini explosion commenses, and everyone within 5 feet of your square takes xd6 Damage, (x being 1/2 caster level of spell caster) And to top it off, you dont get healed. Pretty neat huh? Oh negative energy also becomes auto maximized on you, Since opposites attract. Watch out for inflict spells.

Negative energy does not remedy this effect, Be cautious with your heals, and have fun! Thats a big rule. Have fun.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Physical Descriptions,
    2 Fears
    1 Desire

The rest doesnt matter, You're background is set in stone already, Good luck changing it.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

Puzzleplaying with a side of hackshbrowns.

Aka: Puzzles, Roleplaying, and some combat. Mostly RP your way through most of your events unless you try to attack people.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Why, I'm SO glad you asked!

See, well... How.. do I put this nicely...

The books at your disposal are...

PHB, PHBII.

Trust me, Its for the best.

Spoiler: And some of the Wacky Rules
    Show
    The WARNING's!!!
    Here comes the fun part...

Rule Number 1: Don't get too attached to the character you build, Because you wont be playing him. Wait, She said what? I'm serious. You will build a character, Toss me the sheets, I'll Whiz'em around and toss them onto your poor unsuspecting party members. So if you build bad characters, Welcome! Your party will hate you. ^^

Rule Number 2: You lookin' for a campaign thats gonna last forever?Dont post here, This is a one quest thing, I'm hoping it'll be over in a month. Mayhaps. No promises. But You have One quest. Dungeon-Crawl-Esque with more roleplaying and less Smashing. There will be Puzzles, Roleplaying, And a few baddies you have to smash. Oh and a big baddie. Watch out, He bites Hard.

Rule Number 3: I will not tolerate complaining about your character. Just because you love playing a melee class and you're stuck with a rogue/ranger mix, does not mean you can whine. You may get stuck with a monk, You may have to tolerate it. You can blame me entirely for what character you get stuck with, because i'm hardly shuffling, I'm assigning based on whatever I feel like. Chances are you WONT get the character you built because I'm picking. Weird.

And now.. for a little bit of more Wacky fun..

Players, You may want to read this, I didnt quite... Tell you... this part...

Spoiler: A little more wacky.
    Show
    1. Metagaming wont help you, but knowledge checks will, some enemies may look very similar to ones you are familiar with, but I assure you they are quite different.

2. Some of them may have very different abilities than you're entirely used to. Dont worry, it wont be unfairly different, but you may want to be a little cautious.

3. Everything else acts as normal. Play the game however you will, I'd like to see you guys make it to the end, Dont worry, I'm not a player killer ;]

Spoiler: Things I Expect of my players
    Show
    This list is short, so dont fret.

1. Have fun, If you're not, let me know and I'll change it up to help.

2. Play nice, That goes without saying.

3. Dont cheat, You can read spoilers not for you if you can handle the no meta-gaming.

4. Try to post every 24 hours. If you do not, You lose your turn, If you lose 3 turns, You die. If you tell me before hand, lets say.... 23 hours into your 24 hour limit, I'll either pause it, turn you into an NPC temporarily, allow another player to play it, or do whatever, just let me know, no penalties for telling me :]. Life has priority, I understand.

So players, Please do your best to copy your character sheet, or just use it for reference if you'd rather, Just keep track of any changes, and pick your colors!
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Wacky Wonderland [OOC]

Well i guess since im a female character ill pick the Girly color.
    Thank you Ceika for the custom avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3

Griffon

I will take SHOUTING as my color since I'm a ROCK GOD. *Strums guitar!*

Also, am I allowed to pick up some minor items with my leftover gold? Caster would like a spell component pouch please.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Hurm.... Claiming a nice solid purple.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt
    PBP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hmmm.... I'm thinking a nice solid gold.

@GrassyGnoll: Here is Lux's ACTUAL sheet, not my sheet's index.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Blue Eyes Silver Dragon Shaman it is then.
    A post about nothing.

7. - Top - End - #7

Oh woops, I thought I'd posted.

Sir Gallahand, since he has been denied his rightful colour, shall take Plum!
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    None at the moment...
    Amazing White Mage Avatar by Shades of Gray

8. - Top - End - #8

Excellent, Looks like everyone posted, IC thread will be coming up in a bit :P
    Show
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.

9. - Top - End - #9

Sorry for the massive delay, had a pretty busy weekend and week start, and didn't have the attention span to throw out an IC thread, but I'm working on it right now and It'll be up momentarily, So long as theres still interest.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

I regret to say that, Whilst building the map, and the monsters, I had forgotten the original story plot, and cant seem to put it back together, and this whole project has crumbled for the time building.

I will be reopening this in some time, however for now, I'm going to drop this one. I do so apologize to everyone who submitted a character, and you will most definitely be welcome and invited to the next one, this time, I'll have everything prepared beforehand.

Once again, I am so sorry!
    Show