{table=head]Character|Player|Race|Alignment|Classes
    Ridry Farjon|Ridry|Human|LG|Paladin 6
    Halavar|Vetril|Human|TN|Wizard 6
    Ingrid Vikstrom|Zalphon|Human|LG|Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 3
    Freyja|Lord Darkon|Half-Drow|CG|Scout 4/Ranger 2
    Thomas Silverkin|Hawkflight|Cat (cursed)|CG|Warlock 5/Enlightened Spirit 1
    Lunaria Lis Lehasa|PersonMan|Human|CG|Healer 6
    [/TABLE]

Please take this time to post your character stat blocks, along with the following skills...

• Sense Motive
    • Spot
    • Listen
    • Hide
    • Move Silently
    • Any Knowledge Skills

These are the skills I will be rolling for you, Unless you actively try to use one yourself, with the exception of Sense Motive, Hide, And Move Silently, to avoid extreme metagaming.

The rest you may make active checks on, however, I will be making secret checks as well.

Spoiler: What I Expect Of My Players
    Show
    I know I know... Its a pain to have rules, but theyre not bad.

• Have fun, Thats very important
    • Get along, A party that works together, lives longer
    • Post Often. Every 24 hours at minimum. If you do not post within 24 hours, You take no actions.
    • Let me know when youre gone. I promise I'll either run your PC as an NPC, Let a player control them, Or pause the game even.
    • If you dont post within 72 hours and dont tell me, Your character most likely will die, I'll aim for them first. Sorry, Keeps players playing.
    • Honest Rolls. This goes without say,
    • If you have a question, Please ask, I'm happy to answer, If you dont like how I do something, Tell me
    • If you're not having fun, Tell me, I wont know, I cant see your faces.
    • Lastly, If you want to do a secret action, PM me In Character.

Spoiler: The Original One Six
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

3.5e. Thats it.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Greyhawk. (I have little experience with Greyhawk but I'll read up some and learn the world quickly) Most likely Classic Greyhawk. I love the Dungeon under Castle Greyhawk so much.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4-6. No more, No less.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

OOTS Forum

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

You will start at level 6.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Average WBL

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Just follow the books I let you use. No Homebrew.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

No Homebrew. Templates are allowed, LA is allowed, Limit 1 Template per character, LA will be removed from your starting level. I.E: LA+1 Characters start at level 5.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

First two levels are max HP, After that, Roll/Average. Pick one, Dont do both.

Ability Scores are either 4d6b3 1 set. Or....

Tier 1s get 24 point buy.
    Tier 2s get 28 point buy.
    Tier 3s get 32 point buy.
    Tier 4s get 36 point buy.
    Tier 5s get 40 point buy.

Average it out over the levels. If you take one level of wizard and 5 levels of beguiler. Add 1x24+5x32=y/6

If that doesnt make sense. I'll draw it out for you.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Why yes it does, Play your alignment, Thats about it. Try not to be NE or CE. I dont like them, LE can still play "nice".

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Oh I do. Limit 3 Classes. This includes Prestige Classes.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Anything You want to roll, You roll. If you dont, I will.
    Anything I need you to roll, I'll roll. Initiative, Spot checks, Sense Motive, Etc. If you dont post a roll, I'll roll for you, You might not like it.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

I dont think so. If I think of anything I'll bring it up.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

I want to know a little bit about you. 1 paragraph, 7 sentences.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

All of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Heres the rough patch.

You have to your use the PHB, PHBII, all the Complete books (Arcane, Divine, Mage, Warrior, Champion, Scoundrel, Adventurer), Races of Wild, and Races of Stone.

You may pick 3 books to use for your character, This includes Feats, Skill tricks, Classes, Races, and Spells. Does not include Items.

Each Player, Please allow one another to reserve a post for their stat blocks and color choosing before discussing things. The IC will be up in a bit, Sorry for the Delay, Being sick makes my head hurt.
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-31 at 03:58 PM.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: What Lies Beneath [OOC]

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=769173

Ingrid Vikstrom
    Female Lawful Good Human Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 3, Level 6, Init +3, HP 34/34, Speed 30'
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Masterwork Kukri (-) +10 (1d4+5, 18-20/X2)
    Masterwork Kukri (-) +10 (1d4+5, 18-20/X2)
    Masterwork Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition None

Sense Motive: +6
    Spot: +9
    Hide: +17
    Move Silently: +17
    Listen: +9

Ingrid will write in Dim Gray.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas Silverkin
    Male Chaotic Good Transformed (Cat) Warlock 5 / Enlightened Spirit 1, Level 6, Init +7, HP 48/48, DR 1 (Cold Iron), Speed 30 (20 Climb)
    AC 21, Touch 19, Flat-footed 14, Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Touch, Ghost Touch, +3 per attack vs Undead Spirit Claw +13, +13 (3d6+1, 3d6+1, x2)
    Touch, Ghost Touch, +3 vs Undead Spirit Blast +13 (3d6, x2)
    2x Claws, 1x Bite +13, +13, +8 (1, 1, 1, x2)
    +2 Dex, +1 Con, Mage Hand +2 Collar of the Battle Mage (+2 Armor, +7 Dex, +2 Size)
    Abilities Str 4, Dex 24, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Hide +15, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Knowledge (The Planes) +10, Listen +3, Move Silently +9, Sense Motive +1, Spot +12

Thomas's color is black. Not because I'm lazy ... not just because I'm lazy, but because he is a black cat, so it makes sense.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2014-01-31 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ridry Farjon
    Male Lawful Good Human Paladin 6
    Level 6, Init+1, HP 53/53, Speed 20
    AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +6, BAB 6
    +1 Heavy Flail +11 (1d10+7, 19-20 x2)
    Masterwork Lance +10 (1d8+7, x3)
    Masterwork Throwing Axe +8 (1d6+1, x2)
    Full Plate +1 (+9 Armor)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Skills Sense Motive +11, Spot +2, Listen +2, Hide +1 , Move Silently +1, Knowledge (Religion) +10

Ridry will continue in his sub thread style of speaking in "Blue" and thinking in "Italicized Royal Blue".

To preserve the back story from the sub threads I've posted them here (or at least I will when they are finished).

Spoiler: A Mismatched Pairing
    Show
    Ridry looked uncharacteristically disheveled this morning. He had barely slept last night, going over the events of "that day" in his head over and over again. He had arrived just barely in time to rescue his mentor. Ridry hated doing anything "just in time". Anything less than a complete and utter victory was unacceptable. And the others weren't as lucky as his mentor...

To make matters worse the warlock had escaped. After all that taunting too. He had tried to act like it hadn't gotten to him but... he would never forget that voice. Lucky thing too, since he had changed quite a bit since their last meeting...

He opened the little door at the top of the staircase. He winced inwardly as he turned the knob. His hand still ached from yesterday's battle, but he'd never show any outward sign of weakness. He was in a lousy mood and this sudden reminder of more weakness didn't improve it any. Anyone else would feel pleased by the sudden good fortune of coming across an old enemy, but all he could do is blame himself for all the other victims he was sure had been over the years because of his failure.

Ridry cast his eyes back down the stairway that led to the dungeon and gave a little tug on the chains in his other hand. "Hurry up, we haven't got all day" he grumbled to the cat that was emerging from the staircase. "I can't wait until this is over and we're rid of you" he scowled. "A warlock" he thought. "Why did it have to be a warlock?"

Thomas let out a low hiss as the paladin pulled on his chains. Last tie he'd been here, he'd been on top of the world. Infamy, money, power, he'd had it all. And now, he was a prisoner, a mere housecat bound in chains. Still, at least he still had some of his powers.

"These chains are completely pointless, you know," he said. "I could shatter them if I really wanted to escape."

Ridry grinned at this, beating down the warlock again would surely break him out of this morning's funk. "You're welcome to try kitten... shall I declaw you again?"

"How droll," Thomas replied. "But seriously, we're not going to make any progress with one of us chained up like this."

"No worries" replied Ridry. "The order master is just down the hall. It won't take long, even if I need to drag you." Ridry seemed to brighten a bit at the thought.

"And after that we'll be rid of each other. You can be someone else's problem. You can even try to fool him with whatever story you were weaving on me before I shut you up last night. Though I doubt he'll take the bait..."

"Yeah, whatever," said Thomas. "Let's go."

They walked down the grand hallway in silence. Ridry appreciated the quiet, if he was being honest with himself the warlock gave him the creeps. "With what manner of devilry did he turn himself into that form?" Ridry contemplated. "And to what end?"

Ridry shook his head. Some things were just not worth thinking about. Although it did unnerve him that even the higher ups were not able to dispel the disguise. "I hate dark magic." he thought.

The servants swung the doors open as they approached. He could see his master sitting in wait for them. "Finally, I'll hand him over and then head out as quickly as I can." He smiled faintly at the thought.

"Right, let's get this over with," said Thomas, plodding in after the paladin. He moved as slowly as possible, possibly just to irritate him.

Ridry knelt before his master "Greetings my lord. Here is the prisoner you requested."

"Thank you Ridry" spoke the grand master softly. "Please have a seat over there while I speak to our guest."

Ridry tensed up. "He means for me to take him to Zeif?!" "Aye sir" he replied glumly. His master ignored the tone as Ridry took the seat.

Thomas sighed to himself and gathered his composure, attempted to look at least somewhat dignified given the situation. He stepped forward silently.

The grand master clears his throat. "You have been accused of consorting with demons, creating the abominations of life known as the undead, sacrificing innocents and kidnapping a member of this order. Any of these crimes would be enough to have you turned over to the constabulary at Zeif, all of them together would undoubtedly peak their interest over there..." He pauses.

"Do you have anything to say in your defense Thomas? If that is in fact your name..."

Thomas took a deep breath. "I do not deny consorting with demons, or creating the undead," he said. "Both for purposes of research, which is not illegal where I come from. The rest, I claim a Geas."

Ridry displays a look of shock but the grand master does not betray any emotion, he simply nods. "A Geas you say?"

Ridry watches his master use detect evil on the warlock. "That would certainly explain a lot... but do you truly mean to tell us you were not in control of your actions at all? In any part?"

Ridry uses his own detect evil to confirm. "Did I really attack someone without asking any questions first or using detect evil?" His stomach tightened.

Thomas rubbed his nose with a forepaw, thinking. "It is ... not quite so simple," he said. "I ... kind of was, and kind of wasn't. You see, a demon's geass is like a creeping madness in the back of the mind, causing you to lash out without your consent. Sometimes you can catch yourself, sometimes not. And sometimes, if you don't do what it says, the consequences can be ... unpleasant."

The grand master nodded again. "I see. And how did you come under this geas? Was it thrust upon you unwillingly? Or did you seek it out, under lust for power?"

Thomas frowned, this was precisely the question he did not want to answer. "I was young and stupid," he said. "Arrogant as I was, I thought I could handle it."

The grand master nodded knowingly. "I see. And to what extent are you still under it's effects?"

Thomas sighed. "The geass is resolved," he said. "You can see its effects before you. It's also the reason the paladin was able to overpower me." The only reason, he added silently.

The grand master paused for a bit and then smiled his kindly old smile. He turned to Ridry for a moment and Ridry could swear the smile turned into a smirk briefly. It knotted his stomach harder.

The master continued "I am sympathetic, believe me... we were all young once." he said wistfully. "But I am afraid that since you played some part in this that is to be determined that it falls to the jurisdiction of Zeif to decide what to do with you since I cannot determine your complete innocence." He motioned to 2 paladins who began to move towards Thomas.

Then, almost as if putting on a show, he waved them away at the exact right moment. "Although... yes, yes... perhaps we could kill two birds with one stone here. I might be willing to make a deal with you, if you were up for it. I know you are familiar with deals, though I doubt your last masters were so kindly..."

"However, before we discuss deals there is one matter still troubling me. If you are no longer under the effects of the geas, why would you attack a member of my order?" At this Ridry was certain the grand master was smirking. He tried to speak up but nothing came out.

Without looking in his direction, the grand master addressed him. "What's the matter Ridry, cat got your tongue?" He chuckled quietly to himself at this. "No matter, I was addressing Thomas... you'll get your turn."

These puns are going to get old, and fast, thought Thomas. He thought for a moment, before smirking a kitty smirk. How? Don't question it.

"I could tell the story," said Thomas. "But don't you fear self-aggrandizement from a foolish child such as myself? Besides ... Ridry, you said? He tells it much better."

"Oh, I'm sure I don't need to ask Ridry. He's a paladin. He came across an old foe, charged you with crimes... moved to arrest you and you resisted."

"Technically speaking, there is not a word of that that isn't true," Thomas agreed. For a given definition of 'arrest', he added silently.

"It couldn't have happened any other way, right? The only alternative would be that he attacked a cat, unprovoked, without attempting a peaceful capture or using detect evil. Which would never happen of course. So I ask again... why did you attack a paladin if you are free of the gea...."

Ridry cleared his throat. "Sir I have something to say...."

The grand master feigned shock. "Really?" He turned to Ridry. "What is it?"

"The um.... second story is mostly correct sir" Ridry stammered.

"That disappointments me Ridry" the grand master sighed. Then he turned back to Thomas. "Although on the bright side... I think we can talk about our deal then. That is, if you're interested in not being turned over to Zeif?"

Thomas shrugged. He was sure he could probably get away from them, but he was still interested in hearing this 'deal'.

"Well..." the grand master began, "we have an arrangement with Zeif that we are to turn any criminals who committed crimes in their jurisdiction over to them. But..." he grinned "it doesn't specify a timeframe, if you catch my drift."

Thomas tilted his head quizzically. "I'm listening...." he said.

The grandmaster smiled at his big reveal. "It seems Ridry has made some mistakes as of late, and we all know you're past is far from perfect... I wonder if you might agree to remain our prisoner indefinitely. Although we'd remove you from those chains. You and Ridry could look after each other... a partnership is what I have in mind."

"But sir...!" Ridry blurted out. The master gave him a pointed look. "I'm ok with it if he is" Ridry whispered, defeated.

Tom ran through his options. He could escape and go on his way if turned into the authorities ... probably. Although, he could probably escape from here if he set his mind to it, and he doubted the authorities would be as pleasant as these people were. Still, there was one thing bothering him.

"I was hoping to seek out a way to break this curse," he said. "That is why I came back here in the first place."

"I see then, you aren't quite happy with your current appearance then, eh?"

The grand master thinks for a bit. "I'll tell you what. No promises, but... if you'll agree to become Ridry's partner for the forseable future I will devote some order researchers to this task. But you'll need to participate in a few tests first. Some may even be a bit... painful. We'll need to assess the true nature of the curse."

Thomas nodded. It wasn't like he had anything better to do anyways, while getting his old form back and regaining his former strength.

"Okay then," he said. "Can I get rid of these chains now? They tend to chafe."

The grand master nodded, "Of course. Ridry?"

Ridry looked a little deflated at all this, but he knew better than to argue. "If all is final I think we'll take our leave of you master. Although I'm hesitant about this decision I defer to your wisdom."

Ridry knelt briefly and then rose. "As for your chains... the head guardsman has the key. I'm sure we'll pass by him... eventually." Ridry grabbed the chains and tugged at Thomas. "First we're off to the task master. I'm told he has an assignment for me... I mean us." That last word tasted bitter coming out.

"The key will not be necessary," Thomas said. He spoke an arcane word under his breath, and the chains shattered like so many pounds of rock candy. Shaking off a few stray filings of metal, the cat gave his new companion a smug look and made his way out the door.

Ridry glowered and the grand master chuckled. "The price of those chains will come out of your share of the treasure cat" he said flatly. Ridry gestured to the door. "After you then, I shall not turn my back to you."

"I don't even know where we're going, how am I supposed to lead?" Thomas asked flatly.

"I could just jab you in the back with the blunt end of my lance" he thought.

"I'll give you grand the tour I guess. It seems you're going to be spending a lot of time here" Ridry grumbled. "With me...."

Well, let's go then," said Thomas. Despite his situation, he was actually interested to learn more about this place. It was an opportunity to learn and possibly grow stronger, and in a way that didn't involve those damned wizards. And that was always a plus in his eyes.
    Spoiler: Encounter In The Forest
    Show
    It was one of those day that seems exactly like the one before. She woke up at the sound of a fox eating it lunch, a poor rabbit that wasn't fast enough to flee. The sky was cover in dark clouds, no doubt it's gonna rain later.

She rolled her bedroll and put it in her bag, took two bites on her yerterday rosted deer and climb down her wooden platform in her tree. Today will be another one of hunting then eating, just enough so she gets to eat and return before the rain began to fall. After an hour of tracking she finally found her target, a boar eating grass. She took aim and was about to fire when she heard a language she knew too well; Undercommon.

Leaving the boar to itselft, she walked away and slowly approaching what was a group of 3 drows, probably hunting the same she was doing. Her blood began to boil and a blinding hate cover her whole reasoning. They didn't saw her and she would take advantage of that. She positionned herself about 60 feet from the group and take aim. She was trying to hold her breath but she could hear her heart beating up in her head. With a lot of will she finally calmed herself and let the arrow fly. She hit the lastest one directly in the back of the head. To her surprise, the arrow divert at the last moment to plant itself in a nearby brushes.

The second surprise was a blown to her head. In her hatred she completely forgot to watch her back and the surrounding. Another group of Drow took her by surprise, "what a shame!" she tought as she was losing counsiousness. Once again her hatred for Drow would bring her another round of bad luck.

The two Drow pack joined together, tying Freyja and bringing her with them.

It was to the half-drow's good fortune, then, that a specific pair of travelers were traveling through the forest that day. The first was a young paladin, but the second (and more important in the latter's opinion) was a small, black house cat. However, this being was not an ordinary house cat, he was in fact Thomas Silverkin, a Warlock trapped in the body of a common cat.

He was also the traveling companion for the paladin, and for now he was their scout, scouting ahead whenever they sensed danger might be afoot. And afoot it was, in the form of a small party of drow. Thomas looked down from his branch, espying the figure of a young drow tied up in their midst. Silently, he leaped down and approached the group, his eyes almost seeming to glow with malice.

Ridry was feeling particularly impatient this morning, and was wondering what was keeping his traveling companion. This trip through the forest was taking at least twice as long as he expected and he was tired of having to lay his bedroll down on the seemingly endless sea of wet grass. "How did the rain even get through the canopy of tall trees above them?" he wondered. But it was always damp here, and the storm clouds ahead made him realize his fortune today wasn't going to be any better than the last.

"Where is that damned..." Cat. The word was on the tip of his tongue but he didn't say it this time. "Where has Thomas wandered off to this time?" he corrected himself.

Fondness isn't exactly the word he'd use to describe the way their relationship had changed in the last few weeks since Thomas had saved him from that wight, but he'd been making a concerted effort to treat the warlock with more respect. Starting by using his name. He hadn't quite stifled all of the cat jokes yet, but considering the stares he gets when people see a Paladin talking to a cat he figured Thomas deserved some of those.

Still, he could hardly deny the warlock had his uses. Like scouting. Nobody ever bothered with a cat. And if they did... well, apparently dark magic had it's uses too... as loathe as he was to admit that. In any case, breakfast was over and Ridry decided to go see what was keeping him. He arose, packed up his things and loaded them on his mount, Ginger. He lightly brushed her mane and she whinnied at him. He gave her a treat, a pat and hopped on.

Ridry gave the reins a quick shake and the horse made an unpleasant snorting sound. "I know girl, I'm tired of the forest too. Just a few more days now." He said it confidently for her sake, but he was starting to think Thomas was right, they were lost.

The drow finished tying up their newly captured, slung her over one of their shoulders, mumbled a bit to eachother in a language you didnt understand, and began walking, hoods up.

One of the drow stopped dead in his tracks, the other four bumping into him, dropping the half-drow.

The other drow started yelling at the drow leading, and they all stopped, paused and stared.

A cat... And most definitely no ordinary cat... there was something malicious about this feline... it struck fear into their hearts, and drow are no pushovers.

Two of them from the back stepped forward, these ones not nearly as effected as the others, and they draw their swords.

"Get out of the way Feline, Don't you have mice to chase or something?"

Thomas stared at the drow for a moment, before turning around and slinking back into the bush. If the drow looked closely, he might seem to disappear right before their eyes. But no, that had to be a trick of the light, the accursed sun messing with their perception ... right?

----

Thomas apparated next to Ridry, a serious look in his eyes.

"There's a party of drow nearby," he said. "A few minutes' travel north of here. They appear to have a hostage."

Outwardly Ridry was sworn to defend innocents. A bunch of Drow holding a hostage sounded like a good way to uphold that. Inwardly Ridry was sick of this forest and relishing the thought of beating the crap out of something to work out his frustration.

Ridry tapped the back of his saddle and addressed Thomas. "Let's go take a look. Hop on."

Thomas teleported up onto the horse's back, because why walk anywhere when you can teleport?

They raced North to a place where they could watch the Drow below them on a small hill. Ridry used detect evil. The Drow were definitely no good. Still, being evil wasn't worth a death sentence automatically. "Wait here" he whispered. He knew Thomas would hate this part, that was half the fun of it. He hopped off Ginger and picked up his flail. Then he addressed his targets. "Good day to you travellers. Might I have a word?"

The five of them gasp, and whisper a few words under their breath in a language you do not understand.

What is it? Make it quick, we have business to attend to.

They did not lower their hoods, nor raise their heads up enough for you to catch a glimpse of their skin.

"I wish to inquire if you'd mind if I took your um... friend off your hands..."

Good sir, we caught her hunting our Kin, and that will not go unpunished. Our leader will see to it that the be properly... Taken... Care of.

The man steps back a bit.

Now, If you'll excuse us, We have business to attend to.

If the drow were to look down, they might catch a glimpse of the cat who had spooked them earlier, sitting in front of a bush and gazing at them unblinkingly.

As the Drow steps back, his glance hits the cat. He begins shouting to the other group of men in what you'd assume by now to be his native tongue, the others nod their heads, and begin drawing their weapons, Two with bows, Two with two daggers each, and one with two scimitars.

"You, Paladin scum, Who is this cat to you? Answer now or suffer the consequences!"

Two of the drow in the back whip out a couple of bows, and draw them back, pointed right at the paladin, The other two keep their daggers at their sides, hands on them, ready to make their move.

"Are you really afraid of a simple housecat? I'd have expected Drow to made of sterner stuff...." Ridry chuckled.

((Thomas is readying an action to use the Holy Word invocation to shatter the lead drow's scimitars the second he moves to attack.))

How DARE YOU! That cat is no normal beast! I've had quite enough of your nonsense.[/COLOR]

The drow turns to spit, and swiftly begins to charge, trying to catch the paladin off guard as both of his scimitars shatter in his hands, shards falling to the ground.

Wha.. Th.. This is no paladin sorcery, SHOW YOURSELF YOU BASTARD!

The Drow all begin scanning the area with their eyes rapidly, trying to find the source of the nonsense, paying no attention to the cat which quite clearly is the cause.

Ridry gave one last shot at Diplomacy. If it failed he'd have to take care of the Drow the hard way. Although that thought was appealing and the Drow probably deserved it, he didn't have great cause yet. Although if things continued like this with Thomas it was going to become inevitable.

"My good fellows, it is quite clear my God did not wish you to harm me. That is all that has happened here. Allow us to discuss this like reasonable people. I don't wish to fight you, and it seems your friend here has committed a grave crime. It just so happens that I have use of a guide in this forest and you seem quite busy. Perhaps I can give you a bit of change to purchase a, shall we say... less flimsy scimitar and in exchange you'll give her to me? I assure you I will not let him go until I ensure this pastime is past her. Do we have a deal?"

He pauses for a long while, glaring intently at you, and looks back as his comrades, who whisper in their native tongue, they nod a bit, and he glances back at you.

If you speak of this, I will ensure your head stands on my new blades.

Toss me a petty hundred gold and she's all yours to do with as you will, She's been more trouble than she's worth.

The Drow's in the back carry her over to you and toss her onto the floor, chuckling a bit and walking back behind their leader once more.

Ridry smiles a twisted smile, wondering if this peaceful development will annoy Thomas. He never can figure that warlock out. "The drow will probably take that for menace though" he thinks. "All the better I'm sure".

"I thank you kindly for all of your help." Ridry bows to them and tosses the gold over.

"....That gold is coming out of your share," Thomas said as the drow retreated, mimicing the paladin's words from when Tom broke the chain so long ago.

Ridry smiled a genuine smile at Thomas. Loathe as he was to admit it when having Thomas around wasn't an annoyance, he might just be growing fond of his partner's sense of humor.

"Maybe today is the day that things start looking up" he thought as he examined their new companion. It'd been a tough journey these last few weeks as he and Thomas had been on this trek to Greyhawk. And now they had another adventurer in tow.

Ridry addressed Thomas. "So, how do you think she's going to take the news that she's our prisoner? I did after all give my word not to let her go until she's stopped hunting Drow... and you know how a Paladin gets about that sort of thing."

Ridry pondered for a moment. "At least we can say with certainty that her fate has improved significantly in the last few minutes."

Thomas looked at the drow for a long moment, running the events over in his mind.

"Hey, Rid," said Thomas. "When you used your 'detect evil' witchcraft, what did you see?"

"Our "friend" here is the only one that isn't evil... Yet, I really felt the Drow were telling the truth about her hunting them unprovoked. And as much as cleansing evil sounds like a good plan to me on most days, hunting sentient beings unprovoked with no questions asked isn't exactly my idea of a good idea..."

"You don't say," Thomas said wryly. Then he sighed. "Think. Use your brain. They never said it was unprovoked, just that she was 'hunting his kin'. Just because he was telling the truth doesn't mean he was being honest. Trust me, I consorted with demons for four years, I know this stuff."

Ridry paused and then continued "Any thoughts on how to wake her?"

Ridry paused and then continued "Any thoughts on how to wake her?"
    "Yes." Thomas stepped towards the unconscious drow, walking right up to her ear. Then, with a deep breath, he said, "WAKE UP!"

Ridry sees her start to stir. "Well I suppose there is one way to find out what she was doing..."

Somehow, while being in the vast darkness of unconsciousness she heard heard a faint voice reaching her. Unable to hear it correctly, she push her mind towards it. She knew she was almost there were all she hard was "WAKE UP!". She abruptly open her eyes and look around, believe her last hour was coming. She was surprised to see a housecat and a man clad in armor looking at her. She quickly check her surrounding and realize she was still in the forest.

"Great, they didn't kill me. But who the hell is that man? Did those bastards sold me? Or maybe even better that man killed them... I see no corpse. Only one way to find out..."

She looked at the man and asked, fearful of the answer; "Who are you and what happened to me?"

"Told you," Thomas said to Ridry with a smirk.

Ridry takes a deep breath and begins. "I wonder how she's going to take all this..."

"Greetings. I am a Paladin of Azor'alq from near Zeif. This is my acquaintance Thomas." Ridry gestures to the cat wondering if their new companion would think him crazy. "He is more formidable than he looks. I purchased you from the Drow because I needed a guide through the forest, and if you were hunting here I had hoped you knew your way around. But they told me you were hunting... them. Hunting implies that you did not fight them in self defense. I did not sense that he was lying... but Thomas here thinks I should give you the chance to explain yourself. So please do so."

Thomas was about to say something, but he checked himself so the drow could speak.

For a second she thought that the worst has passed. Sure he wouldn't kill her but he's still a paladin. Paladin are one-of-a-type, the only she meet them it never really ended up that good for her. Might as well tell the truth right away.

"Yes I attacked them, i have good reasons and right now I don't intend to explain it to you."

Hopefully he's gonna let it slide...

"You mention that you PAID me? I didn't know paladin was into slavery now, I will be grateful to pay you back what I cost you and maybe more, I don't plan a life of slavery for me."

All in her wanted the paladin to let her buy herself again or free her, being a slave or dead, the later would be best. She also realized the talking cat and stare at it, sight lost while her brains was putting pieces in places.

"Yes, I purchased you, but I hardly consider myself your owner. It was just more... diplomatic than offing the Drow and I thought it particularly cruel to leave you to your fate there."

Ridry paused to let that sink in for a moment. "As for the money, I'd consider it well spent if you could lead me out of this infernal forest. In that sense consider that I paid your "fines" for you and you are doing me a favor in return. If you don't know this forest then I'll consider it a poor investment and a lousy gamble."

Ridry smiled, trying to appear as friendly as possible to soften the blow of this next part. "There is one other matter though, and while I don't expect you'll like it much I must be honest. While you are not my slave, in a sense you are my prisoner. In addition to compensating the Drow for your release I also promised that I would not allow you to leave my side until I ensured your "hunting" was at an end, permanently. So perhaps while you help us out of this forest you can begin explaining what it is that the particular Drow you were hunting did to you? So that I can rest easy that my promise is fulfilled. I'm sure you are familiar with the Paladin code...."

"There you are!! Stuck with a paladin with their damn code... Nice work girl."

She looked at the paladin; "Yeah... well I hope you are patient."

"I certainly think I'm patient" Ridry thought with a glance at Thomas.

Changing subject right away; "I can pay you AND also let you out of the forest. I'm Freyja."

Turning to the cat; "And what in the world are you little kitty?"

"Better than those damned wizards, and that's all that really counts," Thomas said.

"Thomas is a warlock and..." Ridry paused for a moment "...my partner. He has many unique talents."

Ridry turned away from Thomas, that was more of a compliment than he intended to give. "As for me... I'm Ridry. And as I said before, no compensation is necessary or desired. And as for you, I'm afraid you're stuck with me for the foreseeable future. We're on our way to Greyhawk to investigate an undead uprising. If you cooperate with us you will be treated more like a party member than a prisoner. You will receive your share of anything we find. And afterwards if I do not feel my promise has been fulfilled and you wish to be released anyway, you may accompany me home and appeal your capture to my master."

"Which worked out sooo well for me last time." Ridry thought with a smirk.

"What do you say?"

She was stuck to him no matter what. She was better to just accompany him and help then if he still want to bring ne to his master ditch him. She looked at both and declared;

"I will help you find your way and check the undead siuation. And there's ONE thing I want to make clear; I'm not a drow!"

She then start walking toward the edge of the forest. Half angry half happy that she was to live to see other days pass by...

"Lead the way" he muttered with a half hearted hand gesture towards the now departing figure.

"How long do you think to Greyhawk? I hope long enough for us to get to know each other..."

"Much too far," Thomas muttered, settling back onto the horse.
    Last edited by Ridry; 2014-03-06 at 04:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Morning?

Oh, right, 9 hours behind me. It's 9.30 PM over here, just so you know I'm pretty far afield of your timezone.

I think I'll nab Indigo for Lunaria, italicized for thoughts.

For the table:

Lunaria Lis Lehasa|PersonMan|Human|CG|Healer 6

For information:

Spoiler
    Show
    Lunaria Lis Lehasa
    Female CG Human Healer, Level 6, Init +0, HP 46/46, Speed 35
    AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +11, Base Attack Bonus 3
    +1 Sickle, glows like Light spell Crescent Blade (--) +3 (1d6, 20/x2)
    +2 Leather Armor; Cloak of Resistance +2 Fortified Traveler Robes (+4 Armor)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 18
    Condition None

Skills:

Sense Motive: +4
    Spot: +4
    Listen: +4
    Hide: +0
    Move Silently: +0
    Knowledge (Religion): +9

Books:

-PHB
    -Mini Handbook
    -Complete Divine

EDIT: Thoughts vary from person to person. Some have them in italics, others describe them (I am hungry vs "Thinking of his hunger, ..."), other don't mention them. Just do it however you prefer.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2014-02-01 at 05:43 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Halavar
    Male TN Human Wizard, Level 6, Init +0, HP 31/31, DR -, Speed 30 ft
    AC 10, Touch 10, Flat-footed 10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 3, Action Points -
    - Dagger (-) +2 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
    - Quarterstaff (-) +2 (1d6-1, x2)

Abilities Str 9, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 15, Cha 12
    Condition None

Sense Motive: +2
    Hide: +0
    Move Silently: +0
    Listen: +2
    Spot: +2

Halavar's color is Dark Red.
    Last edited by Vetril; 2014-01-31 at 05:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I will choose the sea green color for me!

Freyja
    Female Chaotic Good Half-Drow Scout 4 / Ranger 2, Level 6, Init +5, HP 46/46, Speed 40
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18, Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +1 Composite Longbow ( 20x Returning arrows) +11 (1d8+2, x3)
    Masterwork Longsword +8 (1d8+2, 19-20/x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Skills Sense Motive +2, Spot +12, Listen +12, Hide +13 , Move Silently +13, Knowledge (Dung and Nature) +11 (Geo) +2
    Last edited by Lord_Darkon; 2014-01-31 at 05:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Excellent! Thanks everyone.

Hawk, Vetril, I'd suggest using Bolded for speaking and thoughts, but you dont have to, It'd only make it easier to tell the difference.

I've got some wicked madness planned for Ya'all, Some spooky things goin' down in Greyhawk. It'll almost be a horror campaign, if thats alright with everyone else. If not, I can make it less horror and more action-y, or story based, whatever you guys like.

So... Lets vote on it?

Each List you have a total of 3 points, You may put all 3 into one category, one into each, or two in one and one in another.

Style
    Distribute Points into the following.
    • Action 6.5
    • Adventure 5.5
    • Horror 2

Gameplay
    Distribute Points into the following
    • Combat Heavy 5
    • Story Heavy 7
    • Puzzle Heavy 3

Theme
    • Dark Themed 9
    • Light Hearted & Humorous 2
    • Just Plain and Simple 4
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-31 at 06:22 PM.
    Show
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.

9. - Top - End - #9

WolfInSheepsClothing

All right, so - I'm not against horror but I'd rather play some classic D&D, since I'm already involved in two horror campaigns (and in one we players have commoners as characters!).

That said:

Style
    Action 1
    Adventure 2
    Horror 0

Gameplay
    Combat Heavy 1
    Story Heavy 2
    Puzzle Heavy 0

Theme
    Dark Themed 2
    Light Hearted & Humorous 0
    Just Plain and Simple 1

Edit: And as for classic I mean all those cool fantasy things we're familiar with, like armies clashing against each other, dragonslaying, flying cities, deadly traps, vicious assassins... :D
    Last edited by Vetril; 2014-01-31 at 05:05 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

{table=head]Category|Points
    Action Style|II
    Adventure Style|I
    Story Heavy Gameplay|II
    Combat Heavy Gameplay|I
    [/table]

Themes I'm not sure about, since I'm not sure precisely where the difference between Dark and Plain'n'Simple lies.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    {table=head]Category|Points
    Action Style|II
    Adventure Style|I
    Story Heavy Gameplay|II
    Combat Heavy Gameplay|I
    [/table]

Themes I'm not sure about, since I'm not sure precisely where the difference between Dark and Plain'n'Simple lies.
    Dark Theme would be more... Gruesome. It would bump up things from PG to PG 13. There would be suffering in the world, Plenty of it, Death, Sad moments, Etc.

Plain and Simple would be much more... Think Skyrim Cities I guess. People have problems, yeah, They're scared of the BBeG, but I wont throw Dark plot twists in there.

Dark Example: I.E. A young girl cant find her dad, Send you on a quest to find her dad, Plot-twist, He isnt alive anymore, You have to tell her now that her dad passed, She has no mom.

Plain and Simple Example: Young girl cant find her dad, You go quest to find him, You find him being held prisoner, Plot-twist, he tells you he needs to stay to free the other prisoners, You either free them with him, or leave him there to finish his job, or whatever.

Just so you guys know, If Dark Themed has one point in it, and Plain and Simple has 10, Im not gonna rule out dark themed. I'm going to just dab and touch dark themed. Think of this like a drink, I'm going to blend a smoothie of all your desires and formulate it all into a whole theme for this.
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-31 at 05:15 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think the Witcher is a good example of dark themed. Things happen in both the books and the games which aren't nice, nor fair, to the poor victims.
    It's more "real" - a lot of people are going to die and be miserable, instead of having everyone be happy after the adventurers are done.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Vetril View Post
    I think the Witcher is a good example of dark themed. Things happen in both the books and the games which aren't nice, nor fair, to the poor victims.
    It's more "real" - a lot of people are going to die and be miserable, instead of having everyone be happy after the adventurers are done.
    Real is a good word for it. It's not a Disney movie. Not everything has a happy ending. I mean, in a dark campaign, you'll still have beautiful cities and cheery moments, but not everything is always sunshine and butterflies.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

In that case, I'll put II in Dark and I in Simple.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Style
    Distribute Points into the following.
    • Action 2
    • Adventure 1
    • Horror 0

Gameplay
    • Combat Heavy 1
    • Story Heavy 0
    • Puzzle Heavy 2

Theme
    • Dark Themed 0
    • Light Hearted & Humorous 2
    • Just Plain and Simple 1

Just to confirm, by 'puzzles' I mean things like sneaking, infiltration, and assassination, Hitman-style, in addition to more traditional puzzle elements.

Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel, tonight~
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel, tonight~
    It's hard to let it go <3
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    It's hard to let it go <3
    You beat me to it by 2 min.... GRRRR!!!

okay so here my pick:
    Style
    Action 1
    Adventure 1
    Horror 1

Gameplay
    Combat Heavy 1
    Story Heavy 2
    Puzzle Heavy 0

Theme
    Dark Themed 3
    Light Hearted & Humorous 0
    Just Plain and Simple 0

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Action .5
    Adventure .5
    Horror 2

Combat 1
    Story 1
    Puzzle 1

Dark 2
    Comedy 0
    Simple 1

Go go decimal power!
    Last edited by Ridry; 2014-01-31 at 06:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Awesome, We're just missing Zalphon's and I'll have the results.

So far its pretty much gonna be Dark themed, a dabble in light humor, and a little stereotypical fantasy.

Throwin' that on top of Greyhawk it'll blend quite nicely.

Actiony-Adventury with a twist of horror in it, Just a twist though, Maybe a side quest or two.

Mostly Story, Handful of combat, and a little bit of puzzles, and opportunity for tactics.

Got it, Zalphon's response may change that a bit, but yeah. ^^

I'll have everything mapped out soon enough, and the IC thread will be rollin' here shortly.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Heh... for those following the OOC thread I'm starting to feel like perhaps I need to take a few levels in some sort of Warden class the way things are progressing.

Edit : Ok, stat block posted, sorry for the delay, had a busy weekend! I added the lance in, but haven't changed my character sheet to reflect it yet. Also thinking about adding a shield for mounted combat (since you can apparently use a lance one handed on horseback). I want to get a confirmation of this change being ok before I do so though.
    Last edited by Ridry; 2014-02-03 at 03:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Zalphon was on a few days ago, I remember that. Perhaps something came up? Maybe someone should PM him.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Hmm. Zalphon was on a few days ago, I remember that. Perhaps something came up? Maybe someone should PM him.
    He's my DM for another game, I'll check up on him, if I don't get any response we can either take one of the other players or start anyways,
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ridry View Post
    Heh... for those following the OOC thread I'm starting to feel like perhaps I need to take a few levels in some sort of Warden class the way things are progressing.
    Explain please?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Explain please?
    Technically, although Thomas feels he can escape, he was "sentenced" to accompany me to get him on the straight and narrow. And technically, if I didn't lie to the Drow... and I am a Paladin, I've taken on another prisoner. I don't have you all in shackles or anything, but it is funny.

The arrangement with the head Paladin was that Thomas technically remain our prisoner indefinitely so that he not need be turned over to the authorities.
    Last edited by Ridry; 2014-02-03 at 07:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

WolfInSheepsClothing

You're a paladin, you don't have to take prisoners - you have the moral authority to act as an executioner :)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Let's just pretend my order frowns on that!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ridry View Post
    Technically, although Thomas feels he can escape, he was "sentenced" to accompany me to get him on the straight and narrow. And technically, if I didn't lie to the Drow... and I am a Paladin, I've taken on another prisoner. I don't have you all in shackles or anything, but it is funny.

The arrangement with the head Paladin was that Thomas technically remain our prisoner indefinitely so that he not need be turned over to the authorities.
    Ah, okay. But what would a Warden class look like?

Your move, Darkon.

Daaarkooon~ /Mandark
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2014-02-04 at 01:57 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh, that was just a joke. I just meant that's starting to be his job.

29. - Top - End - #29

GreataxeFighterGuy

Ah, okay. But what would a Warden class look like?

Your move, Darkon.

Daaarkooon~ /Mandark
    I've posted. Sorry yesterday i was sick as hell. :S

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darkon View Post
    I've posted. Sorry yesterday i was sick as hell. :S
    I hope you are feeling better today! And I hope the illness was due to Superbowl fun (and not just a nasty microorganism)