New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Orbit
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Word of it is public knowledge, yes.
    Hmmm, aww. It's a shame I will have to wait until my next ruler to try to steal the hovercraft.

    Though honestly, the hovercraft aren't my style so I suppose I'm not very sad about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I like it! And I support the idea that technologies could give a bonus to more than just Military. With this interpretation, would things like diplomatic techniques/policies and schools of thought be examples of Diplomacy and Curiosity technologies, respectively?
    I had already thought you could do this.

    In fact, I'm only Curiosity 10 a military bonus at this time because it fits in with my plans and the Jaten Era of Region 17 has been defined by progress in metalwork. This may or may not have been influenced by Elder Ambvard.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

  2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Arkhosia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Hey, what's the current status if the Eyrecradia/Woodwind Mineral/Wood trade?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

    Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

  3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground
     
    QuintonBeck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hey, what's the current status if the Eyrecradia/Woodwind Mineral/Wood trade?
    Still on as far as I know. Why?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

    That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

    It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

  4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Last turn, I used one of my actions on a dynastic union between Ashenia and the Heartwaste. Alas, C'nor neglected to post so the marriage is up in the air as to whether or not it actually occurred. What happens now? Can C'nor confirm it this turn by expending an action?
    Or if C'nor neglects to post again, can I assume that the Prince of the Heartwaste in question married my princess without permission from his queen?


    Edit: Arkhosia... How were you able to introduce two new resources? That is a once per ruler action if I recall...
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-02-17 at 12:21 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Orbit
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Last turn, I used one of my actions on a dynastic union between Ashenia and the Heartwaste. Alas, C'nor neglected to post so the marriage is up in the air as to whether or not it actually occurred. What happens now? Can C'nor confirm it this turn by expending an action?
    Or if C'nor neglects to post again, can I assume that the Prince of the Heartwaste in question married my princess without permission from his queen?


    Edit: Arkhosia... How were you able to introduce two new resources? That is a once per ruler action if I recall...
    I hope C'nor manages to post this week.

    I saw that as well. My thought was that either they're both minor resources, in which case this should be specified or one of them is the curiosity 5 ability. Either way, I didn't want to point it out because I didn't want to seem rude.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

  6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Arkhosia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Last turn, I used one of my actions on a dynastic union between Ashenia and the Heartwaste. Alas, C'nor neglected to post so the marriage is up in the air as to whether or not it actually occurred. What happens now? Can C'nor confirm it this turn by expending an action?
    Or if C'nor neglects to post again, can I assume that the Prince of the Heartwaste in question married my princess without permission from his queen?


    Edit: Arkhosia... How were you able to introduce two new resources? That is a once per ruler action if I recall...
    Oh! Sorry!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

    Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

  7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Free Republic of Zizkov
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    Time for a MEGA-POST!
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Round 5 alliance?
    Yes, will PM you some details.

  8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Logic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    So, round update huh?

    Let me get this out of the way:

    Crap. Crap. Crap. CRAP.

    In other news:
    Spoiler: Rumors from Celero!
    Show
    • King Andust is preparing for an extradition treaty with the Union of the North, exclusively to obtain his former bureaucrat, Qualton Stopes.
    • Yasira is pregnant with her second child with Ruffino of Guilder. Andust is once again, hoping for a boy.
    • Heinrich has disappeared. He was last seen somewhere in Ashenia. Foul play is by allies of Qualton Stopes is suspected. House Noth does not suspect the Ashenian Royal family.
    • Andust will not take the insult of Fire Heretics within Celero lying down. Some are worried he is a tad obsessive with their eradication.
    • Fihnn Noth, first Trueborn son of Andust, is slightly insulted that Leona Flamestrike of Kasumor chose Rion Noth, his younger brother, instead of him for betrothal. Some suspect he will not let the perceived slight go.
    • Walden Qura, Rhea Noth, and Jasa Noth have left Berenginia due to perceive instability of the local government. No official change of status between Celero and Berenigina has been publicly declared.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-02-17 at 09:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

  9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    On the other hand, the leader of region thirty-nine claims allegiance to you, so that could be handy.


    Edit: Colonise, colonise, colonise, the unexplored lands of the West...
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-02-17 at 09:17 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Orbit
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    So, round update huh?

    Let me get this out of the way:

    Crap. Crap. Crap. CRAP.

    In other news:
    Spoiler: Rumors from Celero!
    Show
    • King Andust is preparing for an extradition treaty with the Union of the North, exclusively to obtain his former bureaucrat, Qualton Stopes.
    • Yasira is pregnant with her second child with Ruffino of Guilder. Andust is once again, hoping for a boy.
    • Heinrich has disappeared. He was last seen somewhere in Ashenia. Foul play is by allies of Qualton Stopes is suspected. House Noth does not suspect the Ashenian Royal family.
    • Andust will not take the insult of Fire Heretics within Celero lying down. Some are worried he is a tad obsessive with their eradication.
    • Fihnn Noth, first Trueborn son of Andust, is slightly insulted that Leona Flamestrike of Kasumor chose Rion Noth, his younger brother, instead of him for betrothal. Some suspect he will not let the perceived slight go.
    • Walden Qura, Rhea Noth, and Jasa Noth have left Berenginia due to perceive instability of the local government. No official change of status between Celero and Berenigina has been publicly declared.
    As usual, excellent rumours.

    On the spin side, as far as your horrible luck with Fire Heresies... It is a little sad, but I'm sure you will do well! Good luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Edit: Colonise, colonise, colonise, the unexplored lands of the West...
    However obvious they may be, you would still shout your plans to the world? Heehee.

    Well... I suppose they are far more effective than my plans thus far. Though, I did manage to discover P2 which could be cool.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

  11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    However obvious they may be, you would still shout your plans to the world? Heehee.

    Well... I suppose they are far more effective than my plans thus far. Though, I did manage to discover P2 which could be cool.
    Shout, shout, shout, my non-evil plans to the world...

    Indeed. If things go well, I'll have either tripled or quadrupled my territory before the death of my first sovereign.

    Note to self: Build solar death ray... Seriously. I'd do it if I had the tech. Must... Destroy... Punmakers...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Orbit
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Shout, shout, shout, my non-evil plans to the world...

    Indeed. If things go well, I'll have either tripled or quadrupled my territory before the death of my first sovereign.

    Note to self: Build solar death ray... Seriously. I'd do it if I had the tech. Must... Destroy... Punmakers...
    I hope you have your Diplomacy 5 special ready and waiting. (I'd check, but I'm sure you did not overlook this.) Good work!

    Here I thought we were not mortal enemies within the World of Telluris...

    EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    If C'nor posts an action this round to confirm it, it will go through. If not, next round it becomes null.
    If it becomes null, I also will be a little sad. I think the marriage would be good for both Ashenia and Heartwaste fluff-wise and am interested to see how it affects both regions.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-17 at 09:41 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

  13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Last turn, I used one of my actions on a dynastic union between Ashenia and the Heartwaste. Alas, C'nor neglected to post so the marriage is up in the air as to whether or not it actually occurred. What happens now? Can C'nor confirm it this turn by expending an action?
    Or if C'nor neglects to post again, can I assume that the Prince of the Heartwaste in question married my princess without permission from his queen?
    If C'nor posts an action this round to confirm it, it will go through. If not, next round it becomes null.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  14. - Top - End - #494
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaylanderX's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Place of Utter Chaos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Hmmm, aww. It's a shame I will have to wait until my next ruler to try to steal the hovercraft.

    Though honestly, the hovercraft aren't my style so I suppose I'm not very sad about it.



    I had already thought you could do this.

    In fact, I'm only Curiosity 10 a military bonus at this time because it fits in with my plans and the Jaten Era of Region 17 has been defined by progress in metalwork. This may or may not have been influenced by Elder Ambvard.
    Not to mention you incur my wrath when you steal it after I consolidate my grip on Zagrim. I'm always up for trade though.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

    Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

    Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated


  15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I hope you have your Diplomacy 5 special ready and waiting. (I'd check, but I'm sure you did not overlook this.) Good work!

    Here I thought we were not mortal enemies within the World of Telluris...

    If it becomes null, I also will be a little sad. I think the marriage would be good for both Ashenia and Heartwaste fluff-wise and am interested to see how it affects both regions.
    I do. Once the colonisations are confirmed complete, I'll spend the necessary actions to stabilise the regions and bring them into Ashenia's political structure.

    We're not. But Hazael II's getting old, so at any moment, he might start going senile. If he did have a solar death ray at that point, he might go mad with power.

    I'll be more annoyed than sad. As for how it'd affect us, I have no real idea how it would, except for making the succession in the Heartwaste smoother. But there could be all manner of unintended cultural effects.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    If C'nor posts an action this round to confirm it, it will go through. If not, next round it becomes null.
    Well. Here's hoping. I'll send C'nor a PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Orbit
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Not to mention you incur my wrath when you steal it after I consolidate my grip on Zagrim. I'm always up for trade though.
    If I'm to be completely honest, my post wasn't genuine and more keyed toward giving other people bad ideas. These hovercraft are not really my style, but if I'm interested in trading other things I'll be sure to contact you via PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I do. Once the colonisations are confirmed complete, I'll spend the necessary actions to stabilise the regions and bring them into Ashenia's political structure.

    We're not. But Hazael II's getting old, so at any moment, he might start going senile. If he did have a solar death ray at that point, he might go mad with power.

    I'll be more annoyed than sad. As for how it'd affect us, I have no real idea how it would, except for making the succession in the Heartwaste smoother. But there could be all manner of unintended cultural effects.
    Excellent. Well, not excellent for me, but certainly for you.

    And so the Hunt for the Mad King caused many a death due to a strange, bright ray of Death and the chaos of those still loyal to the King...

    Clearly. Well the cultural effects were the ones I was looking out for more than mechanical.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

  17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground
     
    QuintonBeck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    So, can great projects introduce new technologies? There's that great observatory which clearly has a telescope with glass lenses and stuff and is more advanced than anything medieval so would it be possible to introduce a similar technology with a great project over a series of time, with the Cur 10 action just being an instant boon instead of having to wait multiple rounds? I feel a vague sense of deja vu, this was discussed before wasn't it? I don't remember the conclusion though.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

    That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

    It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

  18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Excellent. Well, not excellent for me, but certainly for you.

    And so the Hunt for the Mad King caused many a death due to a strange, bright ray of Death and the chaos of those still loyal to the King...

    Clearly. Well the cultural effects were the ones I was looking out for more than mechanical.
    Who's to say Ashenia's ascendency to a position of dominance over Telluris isn't excellent for everyone.

    Hmm... Well, to be truthful, said cultural effects would be minor. The Ashenites are a rather traditional bunch after all.


    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    So, can great projects introduce new technologies? There's that great observatory which clearly has a telescope with glass lenses and stuff and is more advanced than anything medieval so would it be possible to introduce a similar technology with a great project over a series of time, with the Cur 10 action just being an instant boon instead of having to wait multiple rounds? I feel a vague sense of deja vu, this was discussed before wasn't it? I don't remember the conclusion though.
    Read it again. The instruments at the observatory are not telescopes, that technology doesn't exist and nor am I developing it. Nor are they astrolabes, orreries, clocks or planetaria. The instruments are more akin to megaliths aligned to various constellations, planets and stars to better track time and predict upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, transits and the like.
    Look up Janta Mantar for a real world example of what I'm doing.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Round 4 Stats!

    Gunung - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity

    Celero - +1 Curiosity, +1 Military

    Nyroth - Turned NPC!

    Kasumor - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military

    The Heartwaste - Inactive for Round

    Eyrecradia - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military

    Woodwind - +2 Diplomacy, Founds Ignato Empire! Conquered region of Aloren!

    Calorum - +1 Curiosity, +1 Faith

    Aloren - Conquested! Now part of the Ignato Empire!

    Genivana - +2 Faith, Added [Good] Current Pepper as a resource!

    Hrathan-Tuor - +1 Military

    Raaneka - +2 Curiosity, +1 Luck

    Qarimos - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity

    Lyradis- +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity. New Ruler: Lyra Seregen!

    Razdis - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity

    Guilder - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

    Keldagrim - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

    Zargrim - Conquested! Now part of Kasumor!

    Pryonia - +2 Curiosity

    Tekorva - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity,

    Sympolemou - +2 Military

    Domhan Abhaile - Inactive for Round!

    Bordeux - +1 Diplomacy.

    Sulvan's Fury - Inactive for 2 Rounds!

    Ashenia - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity.

    Crima - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity, Added [Good] Bats as a resource!

    Tar - +1 Military

    The Jeweled Cities - Pending

    Scla' Ca - +1 Military. Added Cult of the Sky as a religion!


    3

    At QuintenBeck - I believe you must have a 10 Curiosity action to create technology, even if a Great Project has been done along a similar vein. Think of it this way - the great project along the lines of that tech specifically raise your curiosity toward the 10, where you use that project as a basis for making that tech (for a fluffy explaination). For a crunchy explanation, I believe Morph mentioned how much it would undercut a Curiosity 10 action if you could just do the same thing in 5 rounds with normal actions.

    All save Sulvan's Fury, Aloren, The Heartwaste, and Domhan Abhaile get +1 to Active Rounds.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-02-17 at 12:40 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground
     
    QuintonBeck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    W
    Read it again. The instruments at the observatory are not telescopes, that technology doesn't exist and nor am I developing it. Nor are they astrolabes, orreries, clocks or planetaria. The instruments are more akin to megaliths aligned to various constellations, planets and stars to better track time and predict upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, transits and the like.
    Look up Janta Mantar for a real world example of what I'm doing.
    Apologies, I did misread it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    At QuintenBeck - I believe you must have a 10 Curiosity action to create technology, even if a Great Project has been done along a similar vein. Think of it this way - the great project along the lines of that tech specifically raise your curiosity toward the 10, where you use that project as a basis for making that tech (for a fluffy explaination). For a crunchy explanation, I believe Morph mentioned how much it would undercut a Curiosity 10 action if you could just do the same thing in 5 rounds with normal actions.
    That's right, I remember that now, and that does make sense. Makes new technologies frustratingly hard to get at, but it does keep Curiosity 10 a balanced and desirable thing. Thanks!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

    That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

    It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

  21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Indeed.


    And with that, we've got 500 posts! We're now a third of the way to the end, which means that if this keeps up for all threads, we likely will need a new one every four rounds. Sharp.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

  22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Orbit
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Thank you Mr Doom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Who's to say Ashenia's ascendency to a position of dominance over Telluris isn't excellent for everyone.

    Hmm... Well, to be truthful, said cultural effects would be minor. The Ashenites are a rather traditional bunch after all.
    It really isn't.

    It's the little things you know. Though if the Ashenites are going to be quite that traditional I'll just look forward to C'nor's stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Indeed.


    And with that, we've got 500 posts! We're now a third of the way to the end, which means that if this keeps up for all threads, we likely will need a new one every four rounds. Sharp.
    I really should stop using this thread game as a means for procrastination... It's moving fairly swiftly. (EDIT - Well, to me the game's moving slowly, but it's a lot to keep up with for those with less free time I'm sure.)
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-17 at 11:41 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

  23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zap Dynamic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    On Another Adventure
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    All save Sulvan's Fury, Aloren, The Heartwaste, and Domhan Abhaile get +1 to Active Rounds.
    What does this mean?

    Oh! And has the thread for the Central Sea Conference been started yet? I thought I read something about it yesterday, but I haven't seen a link.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

    Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

    My DeviantArt.

  24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    What does this mean?

    Oh! And has the thread for the Central Sea Conference been started yet? I thought I read something about it yesterday, but I haven't seen a link.
    I keep track of how many rounds people have been playing for, and announcing it at the end of the round allows people to know who never posted this round so as to know if deals they've plotted with them actually went through, and so on.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  25. - Top - End - #505
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lord_Burch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Over the river
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    What does this mean?

    Oh! And has the thread for the Central Sea Conference been started yet? I thought I read something about it yesterday, but I haven't seen a link.
    I think we're waiting on Blade to start it, since he's hosting it and all. I've PMed him about it, so... expect it later today/tonight?

    EDIT: Also, Wombat, looking at your stat increases- I got +Curiosity. I see where the Diplomacy came from, but, if you weren't aware, he "underground fumes" part was intended to be a Curiosity +1. Just what I though might be an interesting way to do it. If it doesn't count as that, it's fine.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-02-17 at 12:07 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

    Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

  26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground
     
    QuintonBeck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    I think we're waiting on Blade to start it, since he's hosting it and all. I've PMed him about it, so... expect it later today/tonight?
    Cool, I've been waiting (im)patiently cause I think this is gonna be an interesting get together haha

    Spoiler
    Show

    Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

    That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

    It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

  27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    I think we're waiting on Blade to start it, since he's hosting it and all. I've PMed him about it, so... expect it later today/tonight?
    Sorry, I've been a touch busy and my life sort of imploded yesterday, so I'm currently rushing to sort of put everything back together in time to handle some of my steadily-increasing obligations.

    Probably not tonight, I'm afraid, since I've got four classes' worth of homework due, six technical drawings to finish, and two essays to write. Tomorrow might be better, since the only thing I'll have due then is a set of math problems and whatever I can get an extension on.

  28. - Top - End - #508
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lord_Burch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Over the river
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Sorry, I've been a touch busy and my life sort of imploded yesterday, so I'm currently rushing to sort of put everything back together in time to handle some of my steadily-increasing obligations.

    Probably not tonight, I'm afraid, since I've got four classes' worth of homework due, six technical drawings to finish, and two essays to write. Tomorrow might be better, since the only thing I'll have due then is a set of math problems and whatever I can get an extension on.
    I could start it, since it seems people are getting a tad impatient to get going. I think we've already discussed what the Union would want to say, anyway. And I'm sorry to hear that your life kind of sucks right now.

    EDIT:What region is slayerofundead taking? Please don't say 40, that would be very aggravating. Also, whatever happened to regions 41-43? Have we just not found them yet?
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-02-17 at 12:21 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

    Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

  29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    EDIT: Also, Wombat, looking at your stat increases- I got +Curiosity. I see where the Diplomacy came from, but, if you weren't aware, he "underground fumes" part was intended to be a Curiosity +1. Just what I though might be an interesting way to do it. If it doesn't count as that, it's fine.
    2 actions toward a specific stat increase the stat. Since you didn't name what your secret action stat was, I see 3 Diplomacy actions and 1 Curiosity action, so I only gave you a +1 to Diplomacy.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  30. - Top - End - #510
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

    Region Name Grmanhil
    Region #31, User Name: Slayerofundead
    __

    [Link to Original Rolls]
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=13


    Ruler Name: Chieftain Orgnar Bangboom


    Current Stats:
    Diplomacy: 6
    Military: 7
    Curiosity: 4
    Faith:1
    Luck: 2

    Population: 45000

    Original Stats:
    Diplomacy: 2
    Military: 4
    Curiosity: 3
    Faith: 1
    Luck: 1

    Family tree:
    http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c...38516693322807
    Chieftain Orgnar Bangboom age 45
    Guma Razorroar/Bangboom age 45
    Bergar Bangboom age 26
    Durgra Razorroar age 47
    Urgo Bangboom age 19

    Region Details
    Population:45,000

    Military 6,000 Orc soldiers: 3 unit light infantry,3unit Archers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grmanhil light infantry carry Iron claymore swords an and wear Iron chainmail and Grmanhil Archers were little to no Armor so they can make quick movements. They are equipped short bows and iron headed Arrows.


    Terrain
    Spoiler
    Show
    Terrain:The region of Grmanhil is a region of rolling hills some are Forested and others are barren and Rocky. Hot springs are common in the area. On the coast there are miles of white sandy duns.


    People
    Spoiler
    Show
    People: The people of the Grmanhil are Orcish. Skin tones are green to gray. They are most commonly the hight of a man but more muscular. Eye color range widely. Men do not have any Hair but Femals have black hair they keep braided. Grmanhil Warriors Favore large Two handed weapons.Do not let there brutish appetinc fool you they have a love of art and poetry. In fact most of there history an legends have been recorded as Epic poems that are recorded on sheep skins. They also hold the bee as a sacred as well as mead to kill a bee will bring you death in there presence.
    Law most personnel disputes are Settled by Duel with a dagger called a stinger. It's blade is a spike shaped diped in a paralyzing poison. People here wear wool clothing women wear dresses and men wear kilts most common colors are white,black,yellow,red and brown


    Resources
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resources:
    Iron /good 2/3
    Sheep/good 3/3
    Bees/ good 1/3
    Import:wheat

    Iron for Elephants with Qarimos
    Honey for wood with Raaneka
    Honey for wheat

    Religion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Religion:
    The people of Grmanhil worship there honored dead. This are those who have fallen in Combat. The Grmanhil
    that if a Warrior dies in honorable combat that they will be reincarnated a new.


    Technologies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technologies:early Medieval times


    Alliances
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dawn League




    Region 30

    Region Name Grizzland

    Population 18000 people

    Terrain
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grizzland is a land of flat plains the soil is rich an black excellent for growing crops.The west coast is rocky an Dangerous and his home to Giant crabs witch are hunted by the locals but have been known to hunt the human population raiding villages near the coast. There is also a mighty river that runs through this land an dumps out into the central sea.The Lack from witch it flows is were the largest population of locals an newly settled Orcs live along its bank.


    , a*Good*amount of grain, and one other Good resource
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grain/good 3/3
    Giant crab/good 3 / 3
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-04-02 at 07:42 PM.


    The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.


    Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •