A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Donvaor: Depths of Shadow OOC

Donvaor: Depths of Shadow OOC

Hey there everyone this Is the OOC for our game and I need everyone to please chose the color their character will be speaking in and repost there sheets.

Now in the Ic I give you different places to start so at the top of your post please post your characters name in bold with the starting path. (Ex. Roger: Shopping in the Market ). Multiple people may start on the same path but those who post first get to act first. Everyone must post at least once in the same path before I post the next scene. Now I will tell you to roll for some things for that path if you do something in particular. Note you don't have to do any of the actions I supply or you can do them and any of your own. What I'm doing is just saving time on things I have already in play and know that you already would need these rolls if you take that action. Its just to save time. Do what you want and just Role play well and we will get along fine.

General rules for posting:
    -Spoil your rolls
    -Speak in your color, Italicizes you thoughts in the same color
    -Spell check and grammar are required (and if you see if I made a mistake please message me and I will fix it immediately)

And here is the IC

The Big 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

DnD 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Homebrewed

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

3-6, 1-2 Alternates

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

PBP on giantitp

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 2

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

900gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Well for the most part I would like you guys to use stuff from srd that's not banned and from the following list of approved class. If there is a class that you think would fit in my world let me see it (give me a link) and I will check it out (No promises though).

Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane casting classes (bard, sorcerer, wizard, ect..)
    Divine casting classes (Cleric, Durid, Paladin, Ranger, ect...)
    NO TOB stuff

Approved

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Caster (ToM pg 111) with the spoiled fix

Shadow Caster fix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Charisma determines the DC to save against your mysteries. Intelligence determines the highest level mystery you can cast.

2) Grant bonus mysteries per day based on Charisma. These would work just like bonus spells. For instance, if your Cha is 14, you can cast one extra mystery of 1st-level equivalent and one of 2nd-level equivalent per day. (Note that each mystery does give an equivalent level, even though you don't learn them by level.)

3) Within a category—Apprentice, Initiate, Master—you must have at least two mysteries of any given level before you can take any mysteries of the next higher level. For instance, you must have two 1st-level mysteries before you can take any 2nds, and at least two 2nds before you can take any 3rds.

4) You may “swap out” mysteries, just as a sorcerer does spells known. If you “un-complete” a Path in this way, however, you lose access to the bonus feat you gained from completing that Path.

5) Once your Apprentice Mysteries become supernatural abilities, change the save DC from 10 + equivalent spell level + Cha to 10 + 1/2 caster level + Cha. This makes them useful even against high-HD opponents, and follows the pattern for other supernatural abilities.

The Hollow
    The Cultist
    Either Survivor Spell-less Ranger (3.5e Alternate Class Feature)
    The Fighter (this replaces the srd version)
    The Scoundrel

All other noncasting classes (rogue, knight, scout, ect...)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Human, The Caliban (WIP), The Faded(WIP)

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    28 point buy, Maxed at first, Rolled there after (reroll ones)

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Be what ye shall be ,but be wary ... foul thing lay beneath.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

As SRD

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I will roll for myself, npc's, and ... other things
    You guys roll in spoilers in your posts

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

We are using Reserve Points

You can two traits and one flaw. The flaw though must be hombrewed by you and then approved by me. You may also home brew traits but I have the final call on it if it may be used.

As stated in what classes you may take but also the following:

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes any where from 2 paragraphs to a novel

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

All of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Yes, basically its the srd, the shadow magic section in tome of magic, Descent of shadows stuff, and what I have approved above. If there is a feat or the like from another book you want to use ask and I will give the ya or na.

Setting
    Spoiler
    Show

Dovoar

[IMG] http://www.juliaboston.com/_IMAGES/p252-2.jpg [/IMG]
    "The back of Middins Street, and the families that live there."

Once a town of no repute till a few decades ago with the discovery of the miasma, a oil like substance that when lite slowly burn with a fierce intensity with a black flame that gave off no light. This simply material has made this place into to a capital and a budding city. At first it was only considered a cheap waste to be sold to the surrounding slums as a cheap source of fuel since so much of it was being found near the mineral deposits that had been dug at the time. The poor would take ceramic jar sealed with wax to carry the gases. Till the day though a alchemist discovered a way to consolidate it into a powder, that when light expanded into a gas in a volatile explosion. This created a smog around the source of the explosion that distorted the very are causing things to look warped or twisted when looked through. Thus the name.

Now the year is 1161 engines are just starting to be fully developed so only the very rich ever see these contraptions (at the moment) to be used in their incestments. The first of the factories have just started up, making the air filled with the sound of racket as the machines do their work. The air now is constantly filled with Miasma. And strange creatures are now starting to appear. Men with their body's warped in hideous ways, Beast that can talk and stand on two legs, and worst of all is the shadows. Peoples shadows don't seem to be happy now days with just mimicking there owners. Yet it seems to be only affected the lower quarters of the city though there have been reports for over nations of similar happenings.

No one knows what's happening but everyone knows its going to change the world.

Other notes:

"The slums of Donvoar"

Now first thing to get straight there are gods in this world and there is magic (more or less), but it is done only be those with decades of learning behind them and licensed by the Academy of Natural Philosophy. This is were most people go to learn ritual magic (mainly the rich or those sponsored by them). It is also where the alchemist who discover Miasma was taught (he is now dead after three decades of living off the huge amount of royalties he gained for the discovery.).

Shadow Magic official does not exist in the eyes of the government and those who use it are believed to be just rouge "Philosopher" corrupting the rituals. So those practicing it must be wary of first being charge without having a license, two charged of malediction (the use of rituals to influence or harm another), and dealing with "Dark Forces" (as defined by the church of the Wright, or more commonly know as the Church of the Creator).

Guns (EARLY FIRE ARMS) are here but very rare, a master gunsmith is by law under the charge of the state and is held at the tower of smiths (Located in the center of the Academy of Natural Philosophy). I'm homebrew my own guns and rules for them which (partly) is why they are not yet accessible to players. That and the fluff of course.

further questions?

To do:
    -organizations
    -god portfolios
    -technology page
    -expand more on the academy, government, city watch, gangs, ect...

Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-02-15 at 09:03 AM.
    Spoiler: My Sig
    Show
    Games I'm DMing
    Donvaor: Depths of Shadow : Recruitment/OC/IC

HomeBrew:
    Scribble's Fire Emblem System

Credit to Elder Tsofu for the awesome avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Donvaor: Depths of Shadow OOC

Reserved
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

3. - Top - End - #3

RogueGuy

Buster: Slumming Downtown
    Last edited by brentcourtney; 2014-02-15 at 03:45 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

A Peaceful Rest and a Lighter Purse
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-02-15 at 09:11 AM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5

We got one more so far coming back Sunday (so some good news). For you frist time posters please add the title of your day with you name IN BOLD please. This way when we have a lot of people I can easily see where everyone is at.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by 1whoscribbled View Post
    We got one more so far coming back Sunday (so some good news). For you frist time posters please add the title of your day with you name IN BOLD please. This way when we have a lot of people I can easily see where everyone is at.
    Apologies I meant in the IC not OC.

Edit: posting responses right now
    Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-02-15 at 09:21 AM.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

7. - Top - End - #7

RogueGuy

So does the name of the day date belong in the first post we make only, every post from now on, or is that just for when people join in?
    Last edited by brentcourtney; 2014-02-15 at 12:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by brentcourtney View Post
    So does the name of the day belong in the first post we make only, every post from now on, or is that just for when people join in?
    For when people join in since you two are going to be ahead of the others since they will be joining you on day 2 or three (by the way I got the recruitment up). So just your first post. Once you 2 join up (if you do) you will be on the same path unless you guys want to split up again. I just wanted to start this way so that you can act like individuals and show that your character is a person instead of just a guy with a role in a party.

Edit the link to the recruitment is in my stuff (the sig).

If you know anyone that may be interested just send them this link.
    Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-02-15 at 12:16 PM.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

9. - Top - End - #9

RogueGuy

I like it. Good to know you got the thread up, too.

10. - Top - End - #10

I like it. Good to know you got the thread up, too.
    MY writing or my want for you characters to be characters?

Thanks send anyone that wants to join my way and we can start getting more people into the game. Also one of our old interested people is going to join us sunday.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

11. - Top - End - #11

RogueGuy

Both.

Will do, but I'm not sure anyone that I know is really looking for a PBP at the moment.

12. - Top - End - #12

Both.

Will do, but I'm not sure anyone that I know is really looking for a PBP at the moment.
    , the best compliment a dm can ask for

Thanks either way for keeping an eye out.

Do you mind if I want for trogon to post, I want to set a precedence to posting once we get more players.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

13. - Top - End - #13

RogueGuy

Not at all. Your rules are your rules, and I said I would follow them.

I just don't want anyone to be waiting on me, so I'm planning on replying immediately when I notice that you posted.

14. - Top - End - #14

Not at all. Your rules are your rules, and I said I would follow them.

I just don't want anyone to be waiting on me, so I'm planning on replying immediately when I notice that you posted.
    Thanks, in any case if no else posts in one day then I will respond anyway so you don't get stuck waiting (or anyone else).
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

15. - Top - End - #15

RogueGuy

Right on. That will definitely help facilitate continuous posting.

Also, posting a link even though it is in my signature just in case it eventually isn't:
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=789520

16. - Top - End - #16

Right on. That will definitely help facilitate continuous posting.

Also, posting a link even though it is in my signature just in case it eventually isn't:
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=789520
    Thank you and thank you for the help on the recruitment thread, got pulled away from my computer due to some car mechanic issue . Good now though since someone thought they could foot me their bill .

I will have my post up in a hour or two sorry for the delay.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

17. - Top - End - #17

RogueGuy

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help, I'm glad you got it figured out, and that last post was...not fair. I kinda hope I save the sailor's life, but my hopes aren't high.

18. - Top - End - #18

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help, I'm glad you got it figured out, and that last post was...not fair. I kinda hope I save the sailor's life, but my hopes aren't high.
    Ya I was wanting a description of how you pieceing him together and the like and where you actually searched. Though I didn't give a very good description of the alley.

So how about a deal I give more information about the alley in the next scene and you explain what you are actually doing. This way we both feel better (and other things)

To Torgarn: That wasn't a fair post to you since there was really only one post he could naturally make. Fixing that in my response.
    Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-02-16 at 10:28 AM.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

19. - Top - End - #19

RogueGuy

Haha, deal.

EDIT: I added some description to my post, to try to be more specific.
    Last edited by brentcourtney; 2014-02-16 at 10:34 AM. Reason: New details

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fine. I find that it generally takes at least 2 or 3 pages of pbp for groups to get their groove together, then things fall into place nicely.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21

Thank you you two, I have a decent size post coming up and some good news.

Frist we will have our two friends from the first recruitment thread coming in Monday to the ic.

And we have several candidates already in the new recruitment thread.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

22. - Top - End - #22

Its up
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

23. - Top - End - #23

RogueGuy

I'm always nervous when DM's have you roll a save outside of combat.

24. - Top - End - #24

I'm always nervous when DM's have you roll a save outside of combat.
    Nice rolls
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

25. - Top - End - #25

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 1whoscribbled View Post
    Nice rolls
    I may not have seen anything, but hopefully I can survive.

26. - Top - End - #26

I may not have seen anything, but hopefully I can survive.
    That wasn't the roll I was talking about (you fort)
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

27. - Top - End - #27

RogueGuy

Shhhh....we're ignoring that one.

28. - Top - End - #28

Hey guys a post is coming up today (around 9 or 10), busy writing more setting info since we are going to grow so soon.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hey guys! I'm joining in on this adventure as Jericho Starland, a blind monk.

I talk in thish color and I shpeak with a shlur 'cause I'm almosht alwaysh drunk.

So I hope this goes well

Do I start on day 1 with the rest?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jericho Starland
    Male Lawful Neutral Human Monk 2, Level 2, Init +1, HP 16/16, Speed 30ft
    AC 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Unarmed Strike 5 (1d6+3, x2)
    (+1 Dex, +3 Misc)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition None

30. - Top - End - #30

RogueGuy

Sorry for being nosy, but I noticed that your character has 3,000 experience and 6,000 is your next level. Unless you're already level 3, you might want to drop that down to 1,000 with 3,000 being your next level.