Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Donvoar: Recruitment (3.5)

Chapter 1: The Desolate Streets

17th Day of the Month of Worship, In the Year of Great Famine 1397
    Spoiler
    Show

For decades a pale of sickness and drought have ravaged the land surrounding the now majestic city of Donvoar. Those without and below the city suffer from all manner of horrific disasters, both natural and ... not. Things from the some dark hell have arisen and began their war of terror against the lower people, many rumor say it is from the depths of the city's mines that these creatures have come. Others say they are a sign of the gods displeasure with the peoples gaiety of success from serving the city and all its frivolities. Sadly it is not only from here that such cruelty has been wrought. The city employs any poor creature to toil in their mines, their factories, their so called poor houses for just a pittance of pay. From these ranks have risen the Calibans, once human this souls have been warped by the foul air, corrupted by the fumes of the harvested miasma, and transformed into things a dog would pity. Now they serve as the lowest of the low, clearing the sewers of waste clogging the pipes and battling the rats and other beasts that haut the tunnels. Yet there are even beings that are lower than these; things know only as the Faded. These are those who have fallen to the recent plague of unknown origins and has only recently been discovered. Only two things are know about it. One is that any affected skin fades to that of the pallor of a corpse. The other is that once they die, whether it be by the plague or by accident is that there body simply disappears. Thus the name, for nothing is left once they pass. Memory of them quickly begins to leave the minds of any that knew of them, even from those that loved them most dearly loss all sense of the faded's memory. So between the new cruelties of this world, the forgettable plague, and the creation of so many new creatures it is only reasonable a few arise from this squalor and look to better themselves. For one reason or another.
    ---------------------------------------------

Hey there everyone I decided to DM a game using some of my favorite systems with a setting that I have been writing out for the last couple of months. What is above is the first part of the first post for this game.This game has already two players and I'm looking for 2 to 4 more players. Be warned though this is a dark campaign and will contain some more violence/cruelties due to the setting type. (Think Victorian decline)

The Big 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

DnD 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Homebrewed

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

3-6, 1-2 Alternates

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

PBP on giantitp

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 2

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

900gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Well for the most part I would like you guys to use stuff from srd that's not banned and from the following list of approved class. If there is a class that you think would fit in my world let me see it (give me a link) and I will check it out (No promises though).

Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane casting classes (bard, sorcerer, wizard, ect..)
    Divine casting classes (Cleric, Durid, Paladin, Ranger, ect...)
    NO TOB stuff

Approved

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Caster (ToM pg 111) with the spoiled fix

Shadow Caster fix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Charisma determines the DC to save against your mysteries. Intelligence determines the highest level mystery you can cast.

2) Grant bonus mysteries per day based on Charisma. These would work just like bonus spells. For instance, if your Cha is 14, you can cast one extra mystery of 1st-level equivalent and one of 2nd-level equivalent per day. (Note that each mystery does give an equivalent level, even though you don't learn them by level.)

3) Within a category—Apprentice, Initiate, Master—you must have at least two mysteries of any given level before you can take any mysteries of the next higher level. For instance, you must have two 1st-level mysteries before you can take any 2nds, and at least two 2nds before you can take any 3rds.

4) You may “swap out” mysteries, just as a sorcerer does spells known. If you “un-complete” a Path in this way, however, you lose access to the bonus feat you gained from completing that Path.

5) Once your Apprentice Mysteries become supernatural abilities, change the save DC from 10 + equivalent spell level + Cha to 10 + 1/2 caster level + Cha. This makes them useful even against high-HD opponents, and follows the pattern for other supernatural abilities.

The Hollow
    The Cultist
    Either Survivor Spell-less Ranger (3.5e Alternate Class Feature)
    The Fighter (this replaces the srd version)
    The Scoundrel

All other noncasting classes (rogue, knight, scout, ect...)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Human(SRD or Darktime), The Caliban, The Faded(WIP)
    Calibans
    Spoiler
    Show

Human In origin, they are the outcast of society that have been forced to live in the areas filled with the factories waste. Forced to survive off the meager pay of a drudge and often exposed to the gases and fumes from miasma and some even exposure to the refined product. Decades of generations have warped these poor people in misshapen lepers that bear just enough resemblance to human so that you can understand the despair in these poor creatures eyes.

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Calibans are filled usually with a deep despair that is only matched by their determination or a forced sense of happiness as the strive to find a better place for themselves. Still human at heart they are just as varied in there personality as they are in their appearance.

Physical Description: They are usually stooped over with masses of flesh, warts, and any other form of deformity on them. No two look alike for each seems to suffer from a different assortment of calamities that make they what they are. Whether it is during there birth (most often among this race), working in the deep mines or the dangerous factories. There bodies though are strong though and extremely tough compare to many others. Some have cloven feet, others a bull like tail, some even bear fangs like that of the boar. These are just a few of the many differences that exist within the Calibans race.

Relations: Overall they have a poor relationship with humans since they are often the working class and based on how they look. They are distrustful of the faded since they though still human in guise have surrender to their unnatural sickness.

Alignment: As Human

Religion: As Human

Names: Calibans have human names.

Languages: As human

Adventurers: They go out into the world not for want but for need. In a world that will never accept them there is little choice left but to go out and find a place for them to have as their own.

Caliban Racial Traits
    Spoiler
    Show
    • +2 Con, +2 Str, -2 Charisma
    • Medium Humanoid (Human):
    • +4 bonus save against diseases
    •Chose any two of the Fallowing:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Gains one of the following natural weapons: May chose this one twice but must be two different attacks (Gore 1d6, 2 Claws 1d4, Slam 1d6, Bite 1d4)
    • Lowlight vision (as elf)
    • Scent
    • Prehensile Tail: flexible tails that can be used to carry items. While they cannot wield weapons with their tails, they can use them to retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action.
    • Gain a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier

• Bonus Feat: Calibans gain a bonus feat at 1st level.
    • Illiterate (May spend 2 skill points to become literate)
    • Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any non secret
    • Favored Class: Any.
    • Level Adjustment: +0

The Faded (WIP):

+2 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Cha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medium humanoid (Human)
    • Darkvision 60ft
    • Sleepless: Faded are immune to magic sleep effects. Instead of sleeping they go into a trance for 8 hours.
    •Quiet and listening: +2 to move silently and listen checks
    • Skilled (as human)
    • Detached: takes -2 diplomacy, bluff, and intimidate checks. Gains a +2 save bonus against mysteries and spells of the shadow subschool, compulsions, and illusions.
    •Immune to the Fading (Magical Disease)
    LA+0

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    28 point buy, Maxed at first, Rolled there after (reroll ones)

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Be what ye shall be ,but be wary ... foul thing lay beneath.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

As SRD

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I will roll for myself, npc's, and ... other things
    You guys roll in spoilers in your posts

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

We are using Reserve Points

You can two traits and one flaw. The flaw though must be hombrewed by you and then approved by me. You may also home brew traits but I have the final call on it if it may be used.

As stated in what classes you may take but also the following:

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes any where from 2 paragraphs to a novel

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

All of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Yes, basically its the srd, the shadow magic section in tome of magic, Descent of shadows stuff, and what I have approved above. If there is a feat or the like from another book you want to use ask and I will give the ya or na.

Setting
    Spoiler
    Show

Dovoar

Spoiler
    Show

"The back of Middins Street, and the families that live there."

Once a town of no repute till a few decades ago with the discovery of the miasma, a oil like substance that when lite slowly burn with a fierce intensity with a black flame that gave off no light. This simply material has made this place into to a capital and a budding city. At first it was only considered a cheap waste to be sold to the surrounding slums as a cheap source of fuel since so much of it was being found near the mineral deposits that had been dug at the time. The poor would take ceramic jar sealed with wax to carry the gases. Till the day though a alchemist discovered a way to consolidate it into a powder, that when light expanded into a gas in a volatile explosion. This created a smog around the source of the explosion that distorted the very are causing things to look warped or twisted when looked through. Thus the name.

Now the year is 1161 engines are just starting to be fully developed so only the very rich ever see these contraptions (at the moment) to be used in their incestments. The first of the factories have just started up, making the air filled with the sound of racket as the machines do their work. The air now is constantly filled with Miasma. And strange creatures are now starting to appear. Men with their body's warped in hideous ways, Beast that can talk and stand on two legs, and worst of all is the shadows. Peoples shadows don't seem to be happy now days with just mimicking there owners. Yet it seems to be only affected the lower quarters of the city though there have been reports for over nations of similar happenings.

No one knows what's happening but everyone knows its going to change the world.

Other notes:
    Spoiler
    Show

"The slums of Donvoar"

Now first thing to get straight there are gods in this world and there is magic (more or less), but it is done only be those with decades of learning behind them and licensed by the Academy of Natural Philosophy. This is were most people go to learn ritual magic (mainly the rich or those sponsored by them). It is also where the alchemist who discover Miasma was taught (he is now dead after three decades of living off the huge amount of royalties he gained for the discovery.).

Shadow Magic official does not exist in the eyes of the government and those who use it are believed to be just rouge "Philosopher" corrupting the rituals. So those practicing it must be wary of first being charge without having a license, two charged of malediction (the use of rituals to influence or harm another), and dealing with "Dark Forces" (as defined by the church of the Wright, or more commonly know as the Church of the Creator).

Guns (EARLY FIRE ARMS) are here but very rare, a master gunsmith is by law under the charge of the state and is held at the tower of smiths (Located in the center of the Academy of Natural Philosophy). I'm homebrew my own guns and rules for them which (partly) is why they are not yet accessible to players. That and the fluff of course.

further questions?

To do:
    -organizations
    -god portfolios
    -technology page
    -expand more on the academy, government, city watch, gangs, ect...

Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-02-19 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler: My Sig
    Show
    Games I'm DMing
    Donvaor: Depths of Shadow : Recruitment/OC/IC

HomeBrew:
    Scribble's Fire Emblem System

Credit to Elder Tsofu for the awesome avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Donvoar: Recruitment (3.5)

Bumping

Is there something missing or wrong?
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

interested, i will being giving more thought on a character. expect a character being submitted sometime tomorrow, or tonight.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    interested, i will being giving more thought on a character. expect a character being submitted sometime tomorrow, or tonight.
    Awesome if you got any questions just ask
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 1whoscribbled View Post
    Awesome if you got any questions just ask
    oh i will. don't worry, if it wasn't for the fact that i don't have time right now i would have a character up in a couple hours.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

You may count me in as interested as well. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for these threads to get off the ground.

As for my character... I assume psionics are out, given the setting you've described? By the looks of it, you're going for a grittier game with some horror elements. I have a character who may fit your bill quite well, actually.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground
    - Skull & Shackles

Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Posting interest. Would a binder (from Tome Of Magic ) be allowed?
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt
    PBP

8. - Top - End - #8

RogueGuy

Hey, I'm one of the players that's already involved. We have a binder and a TWF Ranger right now, if that helps with character ideas. I'm glad there's interest starting to show up already.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm... With that new information in mind I will be building a scoundrel instead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

10. - Top - End - #10

RogueGuy

It isn't impossible for you to play the same class, but I do recall 1whoscribbled being adamant about characters filling different niches especially roleplaying-wise.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    You may count me in as interested as well. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for these threads to get off the ground.

As for my character... I assume psionics are out, given the setting you've described? By the looks of it, you're going for a grittier game with some horror elements. I have a character who may fit your bill quite well, actually.
    Cant wait to see it, please post or pm me if you got questions. Yes psionics are out for the moment (), since they will be showing up in the following campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    Posting interest. Would a binder (from Tome Of Magic ) be allowed?
    Yes and if your serious I will pm you the specifics for that class (the specials rules that I have added and fluff and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by brentcourtney View Post
    It isn't impossible for you to play the same class, but I do recall 1whoscribbled being adamant about characters filling different niches especially roleplaying-wise.
    He is right, I don't mind people playing the same class but I don't want characters having the same feel. For e3xample you could have two fighters but one is a mercenary from the highlands, the other is the head of the kings guard. You would have to show me something unique character wise, I want a person not someone filling a role in the party. Which is why I killed off most of the magic classes (particularly the divine ones) so that people would have to think of creative ways to get around the problem.

Hmmm... With that new information in mind I will be building a scoundrel instead.
    A personal favorite , if you want to start off in a gang or the like let me know and I will give you some information on those that you would most likely end up in.
    Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-02-15 at 11:11 PM.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

The hollow class has piqued my interest. It would make for a decent tragic character. I'll see if I can't come up with a decent story.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

I would very much so like that information on gangs and their methodologies. Also, about the Shadow Essence feats, I notice that their drawback is rather severe. Would it be possible to change it to applying in areas of bright light rather than constantly during the day?
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Cultist seems like a bucket of fun. Posting interest with it.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Arkive View Post
    The hollow class has piqued my interest. It would make for a decent tragic character. I'll see if I can't come up with a decent story.
    ITs a fun one but hard to play (both rp/mechanic wise)

I would very much so like that information on gangs and their methodologies. Also, about the Shadow Essence feats, I notice that their drawback is rather severe. Would it be possible to change it to applying in areas of bright light rather than constantly during the day?
    I will get the gang info to you later to day and as for the shadow essence feats

The drawback is equivalent to the great amount of gain you can get in later levels, but since we are at lower levels we will do this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Essence feats represent a tangible connection to shadows. Each feat taken increases this connection further. However, you lose the benefit while in bright light unless you have an uncast mystery of your highest spell level available to you. Furthermore, if you possess so much as a single shadow essence feat, you are treated as an undead for the purposes of effects with the light descriptor.
    In addition, taking these feats binds you in a more definite sense to the darkness. For each shadow essence feat you possess, you take a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws made while in any area of bright light.

Basically I made for whenever you are in bright light for using them (Unless you got a use of you highest mysteries uncast) and it only affects you and saving throws made while in bright light. This means a torch can really mess with you but you wont be made a very vulnerable target during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallid View Post
    Cultist seems like a bucket of fun. Posting interest with it.
    Remember that at the moments the people are a little lost since the gods seemed to have stop answering everyone's prayers.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking through that scoundrel and oh lord. Ima make me a beaut.

I'm back.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'd like to throw in interest for this too. I really like the flavor of this, something different to try.

Based on the list of classes shown, would this also mean no invokers? Just gotta check though it sounds like a no. I will look closely at all the classes but so far I got some ideas on the Scoundrel or the Shadowcaster. I'll keep you updated DM. ^_^
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Bladehunter217 View Post
    Looking through that scoundrel and oh lord. Ima make me a beaut.
    Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I'd like to throw in interest for this too. I really like the flavor of this, something different to try.

Based on the list of classes shown, would this also mean no invokers? Just gotta check though it sounds like a no. I will look closely at all the classes but so far I got some ideas on the Scoundrel or the Shadowcaster. I'll keep you updated DM. ^_^
    As to the invoker I would say a no only because of what it is and how it wouldn't fit in the game. Shadow caster is as close as it gets though and we are using the extended list of mysteries, feats, and prestiege classes though from the Descent of shadows project.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hmm this is interesting. Now I am not certain if I want to try a Shadowcaster because I have always wanted to play one, or to try a standard non-magic class. Maybe a knight, they're interesting. Is there already a Shadowcaster among the players? I can totally meet the RP requirements, and I know that there can be more than one person of the same class but I still want to be sure it isn't too done already.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

20. - Top - End - #20

Hmm this is interesting. Now I am not certain if I want to try a Shadowcaster because I have always wanted to play one, or to try a standard non-magic class. Maybe a knight, they're interesting. Is there already a Shadowcaster among the players? I can totally meet the RP requirements, and I know that there can be more than one person of the same class but I still want to be sure it isn't too done already.
    As far as I can rember only one but he has only expressed interest and has yet to submit a sheet or concept so its good to go.

Knights in this world are of a dieing bred due to there no longer being need for the honor and the like in a world of the future and business.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Am I too late to post interest?

I haven't read all the info yet, I'm at my volunteer job, so I don't have the time to read everything right now... but I love me a good horror story

As for characters, I have a scout created for another game that I could easily rework to fit your setting. Or if you feel that would be too close to the ranger you already have, I've always wanted to play a rogue

edit: on second thoughts (and having looked at the scout's character sheet) I might just go with rogue from the get-go. I have a feeling it would be easier to create a brand-new level 2 character than drop my level 5 scout down to level 2 (I thought she was only level 3, oops).
    Last edited by Lady Moreta; 2014-02-17 at 12:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Moreta View Post
    Am I too late to post interest?

I haven't read all the info yet, I'm at my volunteer job, so I don't have the time to read everything right now... but I love me a good horror story

As for characters, I have a scout created for another game that I could easily rework to fit your setting. Or if you feel that would be too close to the ranger you already have, I've always wanted to play a rogue

edit: on second thoughts (and having looked at the scout's character sheet) I might just go with rogue from the get-go. I have a feeling it would be easier to create a brand-new level 2 character than drop my level 5 scout down to level 2 (I thought she was only level 3, oops).
    nope smallbiggrin:, just letting you know I just want a person not a role filler
    Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-02-17 at 12:39 AM.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hmm alright, and I just mentioned knight because I don't want to use the standard PHB classes, but you said no casters...I will think on other things, but I would like to try a Shadowcaster too then I think. I'll give that Descent of Shadows a thorough look. Are there any rebellion-like groups against this status quo?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Hmm alright, and I just mentioned knight because I don't want to use the standard PHB classes, but you said no casters...I will think on other things, but I would like to try a Shadowcaster too then I think. I'll give that Descent of Shadows a thorough look. Are there any rebellion-like groups against this status quo?
    The knight is one of my favorite classes and would be realy fun to play just for the rp and fluff you could do so don't let what I said scare you from it.

As to the second part

Let me know if you from the city or outside of it and I will give you more information.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

nope smallbiggrin:, just letting you know I just want a person not a role filler
    That's good to hear

That ramble was mostly me going 'hmm, modifying scout is too hard. And I have always wanted to try a rogue'.

Almost all my characters are sneaky types, one way or another, and yet I realise, I've never actually played a rogue. I think it's time to change that.

Actually, I have a couple of questions:
    This sentence
    Now the year is 1161 engines are just starting to be fully developed so only the very rich ever see these contraptions (at the moment) to be used in their incestments.
    Exactly what are you saying here? Your English has a few problems with tenses and word choice, but while I've worked out the rest, I am at a loss as to what you mean here. The problem is the word 'incestment' - for one, I'm not sure it's actually a word in English, and I suspect that it doesn't mean what you think it means. Incest is two siblings being - intimate, (or a mother/son, father/daughter, anyone who's related bascially) and I'm fairly certain that's not what you meant! Of course, I could be wrong, in which case, I don't want to be rich!

Second Question:
    Are the Caliban playable yet? Because I have the first formings of an idea, but I need to know if this is a playable 'race'. You list them as an option, but there isn't any mechanics. Unless of course, I've missed something, because I've been staring at this computer screen for roughly 6.5 hours and I think my eyes are about to bleed.
    Last edited by Lady Moreta; 2014-02-17 at 01:29 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The knight is one of my favorite classes and would be realy fun to play just for the rp and fluff you could do so don't let what I said scare you from it.

As to the second part

Let me know if you from the city or outside of it and I will give you more information.
    Hmm I see then. Well now I don't know what I want to do. Shadowcaster is the type of character I just honestly find more interesting to play, but those roleplay opportunities...

I'll just roll to decide. Even number is Shadowcaster, odd number is Knight.

(1d6)[5]
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Rolling HP for the Second level.
    (1d8)[3]
    Edit: Ouch, but workable. Although it does make me want to rethink having a flaw that lowers HP.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2014-02-17 at 01:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

28. - Top - End - #28

Flumph

Ok, so this looks awesome!

Will get back with a character concept shortly.

EDIT: Would the plague doctor be available for play? Reading the setting, it feels like the class would fit perfectly.
    Last edited by DeusMortuusEst; 2014-02-17 at 04:28 AM.
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

If my character is capable of crafting his own items prior to the game's start? It would be nice to have more things for less money.
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh great and powerful Oz DM, how is this for an idea of a flaw?

Meosia has a difficult time agreeing to sleep in another persons bed, not just one that they own, but one that they pay for as well such as an inn. This is mostly a personal space issue and causes her to be displeased with the person until she gets a decent nights rest, preferably in her own bed.
    -2 to all charisma based skill checks other than intimidate while the person is in the same room or whenever the person is mentioned for the rest of the day.

I'm back.