New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Upcoming TABLE Code Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    So...do...we have a date for this switch?
    Yes. Her name's Samantha.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    So...do...we have a date for this switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Nicely done Raw, nicely done.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brave girl.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

Is it still happening before the end of March? Do you have any idea how long the forum will be down for?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Is it still happening before the end of March? Do you have any idea how long the forum will be down for?
    Yes, and Sort Of.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

I can honestly say that I would have missed that announcement, if nobody would have posted about it here...

And since I'm out of town over the weekend I'm just hoping (though this is probably too optimistic) it doesn't take that long and it will be right back when I return

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

There is absolutely no way it will be done by Monday. Just transferring the database is projected to take ~24 hours, and then there's a lot of tweaking and formatting to do.

Plan on it not coming back until the 29th, then be pleasantly surprised if it comes back earlier.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    There is absolutely no way it will be done by Monday. Just transferring the database is projected to take ~24 hours, and then there's a lot of tweaking and formatting to do.

Plan on it not coming back until the 29th, then be pleasantly surprised if it comes back earlier.
    Ah, thank you! I could use the extra free time anyway.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Coffee, can I tempt you with a science/nerd forum?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #130

Sorry, I spend enough time here as it is.

11. - Top - End - #131

So does anyone have any advice on the best way to convert very large tables into the new format? In addition to a lot of homebrew work, I have a giant Excel spreadsheet for the much used X stat to Y bonus thread, with individual columns for each "|" and cell entry which I've been irregularly updating and maintaining for around 5 years.

I was very computer savvy in 1996, but time has passed me by, and it seems as if I'm going to have to manually change lots of new code. "Find and Replace" doesn't seem like it will work, since I need to open and close each individual cell now.

Also, I'd just like to say I'm very thankful for this community and all the admins. I am deeply afraid that I will lose something I wrote and love that I forgot to back up, or that my crotchety old self won't be able to use the newfangled forum tools. But that's really my problem, and not something that can reasonably be prevented.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

If you'd be willing to send me the spreadsheet (zherog at yahoo dot com), I'll update it and send it back. I'm fairly sure find/replace can handle the task, but I would need to see the sheet to be sure.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
    So does anyone have any advice on the best way to convert very large tables into the new format? In addition to a lot of homebrew work, I have a giant Excel spreadsheet...
    It's pretty easy in Excel, because you can add cells/strings together in Excel. For instance, I went to your X stat to Y thread and opened the AC thread. I copy/pasted that table into Excel, starting at A2 -- I left a blank line at the top (I'll tell you why in a moment). Excel put it each table cell into a separate Excel cell.

The AC table that way took up cells A2 to H56.
    Above the top right corner of the table, in cell I1 I put this: [/tb][tb]
    To the right of the first line under the header, in cell I3, I put in the following:
    ="[tr][tb]"&A4&$I$1&B4&$I$1&C4&$I$1&D4&$I$1&E4&$I$1&F4&$I$1& G4&$I$1&"[/tb][/tr]"
    I then dragged the mouse from that cell down to the bottom of the table (I selected I3 to I56). I then hit Ctrl+D to make the formula in the top cell that I'd selected copy itself through all the cells below it.

In cell H1 I put this: [/th][th]
    I then copy/pasted the formula in cell I3 into Notepad and did a find/replace for $I$1 to $H$1 then copy/pasted that into cell I2.

Then all you need to do is to write this down on the page:
    {table="class: grid"]
    [/table]
    Then copy/paste everything from $I2 to $I56 in the middle. It will look like this:
    Code:
    {table="class: grid"]
    [tr][tb][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Apparition Ribbon[/tb][tb]Feat or Class[/tb][tb]Magic of Incarnum[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Arcane Duelist 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Online[/tb][tb]NA[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Ascetic Mage[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Complete Adventurer[/tb][tb]105[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Astral Stalker (+6 LA)[/tb][tb]Race[/tb][tb]MM3[/tb][tb]12[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Battle Dancer[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]DragMag#159/DragComp[/tb][tb]26[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Battledance[/tb][tb]Epic Feat[/tb][tb]Dragon #297[/tb][tb]28[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Combat Panache[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]PHBII[/tb][tb]93[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Divine Shield[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Complete Warrior[/tb][tb]106[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Dread Pirate 9[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Adventurer[/tb][tb]39[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Gloura (+2 LA, 7HD)[/tb][tb]Template[/tb][tb]Underdark[/tb][tb]88[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Grimwierd (+3 LA, 12 HD)[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]MMIII[/tb][tb]75[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Incorporeal[/tb][tb]Sub-type[/tb][tb]MM[/tb][tb]310[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Knight of the Sacred Seal 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Tome of Magic[/tb][tb]54[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Mystic Wonderer[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Magic of Faerun[/tb][tb]35[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Nymph (+7 LA, 6HD)[/tb][tb]Race[/tb][tb]MM[/tb][tb]197[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Paladin 2[/tb][tb]Sub level[/tb][tb]Champions of Valor[/tb][tb]48[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Risen Martyr 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]BoED[/tb][tb]68[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Sirine's Grace[/tb][tb]Spell[/tb][tb]Spell Compendium[/tb][tb]191[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Unholy Scion (+5 LA)[/tb][tb]Race[/tb][tb]Heroes of Horror[/tb][tb]156[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Warmage 1/3/5[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Dragonlance[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Oracle 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Adv Player's Guide[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC & CMD[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Oracle 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Adv Player's Guide[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC & Ref Saves[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Wilder[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Expanded Psionics Handbook[/tb][tb]29[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]Touch AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Deepwarden 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Races of Stone[/tb][tb]105[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Fist of the Forest[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Champion[/tb][tb]80[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Forsaker[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Masters of the Wild[/tb][tb]57[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Improved Bind Vestige[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Tome of Magic[/tb][tb]73[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Ascetic Psion[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Secrets of Sarlona[/tb][tb]115[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Blade Singer 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Warrior[/tb][tb]17[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Control Body[/tb][tb]Power[/tb][tb]Expanded Psionics Handbook[/tb][tb]86[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Duelist 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]DMG[/tb][tb]185[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Duelist 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]PF Core[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Eternal Blade 6[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Tome of Battle[/tb][tb]110[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Factotum 16[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Dungeonscape[/tb][tb]14[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Factotum 3[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Dungeonscape[/tb][tb]14[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Iaijutsu Master 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Oriental Adventures[/tb][tb]41[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Invisible Blade 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Warrior[/tb][tb]44[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Magus 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Ultimate Combat[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Mantis Mercenary 5[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Oriental Adventures[/tb][tb]231[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Student of War 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]PF Chronicles: Seekers of Secrets[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Carmendine Monk[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Champions of Valor[/tb][tb]28[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC, Monk Powers[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Kung Fu Genius[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]319[/tb][tb]71[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC, Monk Powers[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Balance[/tb][tb]Domain[/tb][tb]Player's Guide to Faerun[/tb][tb]84[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Dragon Warrior 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Dragon #298[/tb][tb]104[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Dungeoneers Intuition[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Waterdeep[/tb][tb]144[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Mantis Mercenary 5[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Oriental Adventures[/tb][tb]231[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Monk 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]PHB[/tb][tb]39[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Monk 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Core[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Monk's Belt[/tb][tb]Equipment[/tb][tb]DMG[/tb][tb]248[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Moon-Warded Ranger 2[/tb][tb]Sub level[/tb][tb]Dragon #340[/tb][tb]55[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Ninja 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Complete Adventurer[/tb][tb]5[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Saint (+2 LA)[/tb][tb]Template[/tb][tb]BoED[/tb][tb]185[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Sword Sage 2[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Tome of Battle[/tb][tb]16[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [/table]
    And then do that to each of your tables. Presuming that they're all the same width, that they all have the same headers, Attribute, Name, Type, Book, Page #, Edition, Bonus, Notes, you can copy/paste each table into Excel and the formula results that you'll be copy/pasting to make the new table will autoupdate each time. So after you get the spreadsheet set up the first time, it'll basically just be a whole heck of a lot of copy/pasting.

I'd go look at that thread on this forum, use your browser to save it as a website, then you can copy/paste and Excel will automatically put each table cell into a different Excel cell.

Zherog can probably make it even easier on you, though -- send him your file and he'll autoconvert it for you. :)
    Last edited by Banaticus; 2014-03-21 at 09:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ugh. An unintended consequence: table bbcode now is more character expensive, and the post character limits are smaller (down to 50k). Can you please increase them? In Homebrew Design in particular, this is going to break a lot of posts...
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Ugh. An unintended consequence: table bbcode now is more character expensive, and the post character limits are smaller (down to 50k). Can you please increase them? In Homebrew Design in particular, this is going to break a lot of posts...
    Definitely needed. Also has the search-and-replace to make tables salvageable happened yet, or is that something that's going to work over the next few days? So far it seems that all of my tables are straight-up GONE, not even visible in source mode, and I'm not even sure if I have the original tables saved externally to convert to the new format, which will make restoring my homebrew harder.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
    Definitely needed. Also has the search-and-replace to make tables salvageable happened yet, or is that something that's going to work over the next few days? So far it seems that all of my tables are straight-up GONE, not even visible in source mode, and I'm not even sure if I have the original tables saved externally to convert to the new format, which will make restoring my homebrew harder.
    I don't think the search-and-replace was going to happen in Homebrew. Too much chance of screwing stuff up.

My tables have visually disappeared, but are still there in the bbcode -- are you sure that they've vanished?

gitp extended sig

17. - Top - End - #137

All the tables should be broken. I've replaced all instances of "[table" with "{table", and "[TABLE" with "{TABLE". This is the only part I've changed, as this change should be enough to break the entire thing. If people used multiple cases in their table code, well, those tables can only be viewed by editing or quoting, sorry.

Yes, tables now take more characters, but the character limit has not changed. It is the same as it was, it has not been reduced.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #138

Well, either way, can we increase it to, say, 60k? That should allow posts which had been near the limit before to remain un-split after table updates?

gitp extended sig

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

All the tables should be broken. I've replaced all instances of "[table" with "{table", and "[TABLE" with "{TABLE". This is the only part I've changed, as this change should be enough to break the entire thing. If people used multiple cases in their table code, well, those tables can only be viewed by editing or quoting, sorry.

Yes, tables now take more characters, but the character limit has not changed. It is the same as it was, it has not been reduced.
    I've been attempting to use the search function to find all my broken tables, and am having moderate success. I entered for the text: {table=head] as the search entry, under my username only, and my results give me threads that contain the specific wording, but not the actual post, which means I have been haing to trawl through each page with a find on page thing up to find the broken table.

Another thing I've found which is confounding is that it lists multiple threads where I don't seem to have any wording that matches what I searched for. Is there any advice as to how to better use the search?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I've been attempting to use the search function to find all my broken tables, and am having moderate success. I entered for the text: {table=head] as the search entry, under my username only, and my results give me threads that contain the specific wording, but not the actual post, which means I have been haing to trawl through each page with a find on page thing up to find the broken table.

Another thing I've found which is confounding is that it lists multiple threads where I don't seem to have any wording that matches what I searched for. Is there any advice as to how to better use the search?
    On the search page, go to single content type, then choose show as posts.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

On the search page, go to single content type, then choose show as posts.
    Excellent. Thank you very much.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

22. - Top - End - #142

Thanks for the advice. I think I've figured it out, and I'm working on an update.

Questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to make the column backgrounds alternate color? It made it a lot easier to read.
    2. It seems like the table can no longer be sorted. I used to be able to click on a cell in the top line, and it would resort everything that column. Does this functionality no longer exist, or do I need to change something to make it exist?

Is there any benefits to the new table system that I'm overlooking? If there's something I can do to make my tables nicer, I'd like to do it. But again, I'm far from the most technologically advanced guy on the forum.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Well, either way, can we increase it to, say, 60k? That should allow posts which had been near the limit before to remain un-split after table updates?
    There is the same problem with signatures. They have the same old 1000 character cap, and | to [/td][td] and a \n to [/tr][tr] is a 1:9 increase.
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

24. - Top - End - #144

Thanks for the advice. I think I've figured it out, and I'm working on an update.

Questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to make the column backgrounds alternate color? It made it a lot easier to read.
    2. It seems like the table can no longer be sorted. I used to be able to click on a cell in the top line, and it would resort everything that column. Does this functionality no longer exist, or do I need to change something to make it exist?

Is there any benefits to the new table system that I'm overlooking? If there's something I can do to make my tables nicer, I'd like to do it. But again, I'm far from the most technologically advanced guy on the forum.
    1) Not currently. I will be looking into whether this can be done with styles in the future.
    2) That is correct. I may see if there is a way to include it again with styles, much further into the future.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

I have a complaint about the new tables.

They're ugly as sin.

But no, really, they're hideous. Any chance of getting even a skin like the old ones looked?
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    I have a complaint about the new tables.

They're ugly as sin.

But no, really, they're hideous. Any chance of getting even a skin like the old ones looked?
    There are several included styles. Play around with them to get what you want.

More may be included at a future date.

27. - Top - End - #147

The alternating table color is easy to do with CSS, but I have no idea how that translates to the BBCode styles.

Is there a list of the styles available somewhere? It'd be nice if I could at least make the table headers a different color (like the old table=head option), but using the th tags seems to just make the header less pronounced, the exact opposite of what you'd want.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

If you run into trouble, the offer still stands - just pop me an email and I'll see what I can do to help out getting your spreadsheets updated.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

There are several included styles. Play around with them to get what you want.

More may be included at a future date.
    Thing is-

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Is there a list of the styles available somewhere? It'd be nice if I could at least make the table headers a different color (like the old table=head option), but using the th tags seems to just make the header less pronounced, the exact opposite of what you'd want.
    Yeah. I don't know what the other styles are. I'm going with class:grid because that's what I recall seeing in this thread, before the forums went ugly upgraded.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    If you run into trouble, the offer still stands - just pop me an email and I'll see what I can do to help out getting your spreadsheets updated.
    Cool. Your offer is greatly appreciated.