New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Upcoming TABLE Code Changes

There are two, currently (three if you count no class):

class: grid
    class: outer_border

When we get a chance, we intend to include more.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone know, is it possible to change the vertical align of table cell content (without cheating with newlines)?

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Ugh. An unintended consequence: table bbcode now is more character expensive, and the post character limits are smaller (down to 50k). Can you please increase them? In Homebrew Design in particular, this is going to break a lot of posts...
    Try replacing some of the links with [thread] and [post] tags. That should cut things down a bit.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Does anyone know, is it possible to change the vertical align of table cell content (without cheating with newlines)?
    Looks like you can also cheat by putting in a placeholder character (like a period or whatever) and change the font color to white. As mentioned previously, I just do all my charts in an Excel table, and then make the all the code columns really small. It's a bit of a hassle to set up, but once you've got it, you can just replicate it every time you want to make a new class or whatever.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    There are two, currently (three if you count no class):

class: grid
    class: outer_border

When we get a chance, we intend to include more.
    Hm... All are ugly, but a friend pointed out the fact that [th] [/th] makes the cells format differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Try replacing some of the links with [thread] and [post] tags. That should cut things down a bit.
    It also makes links be more annoying, especially if you're expecting them to open in a new window.

Nothing quite like idly clicking a link and having it open in the same window, when you're used to them opening a new one.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by person_man View Post
    looks like you can also cheat by putting in a placeholder character (like a period or whatever) and change the font color to white. As mentioned previously, i just do all my charts in an excel table, and then make the all the code columns really small. It's a bit of a hassle to set up, but once you've got it, you can just replicate it every time you want to make a new class or whatever.

I asked "without cheating"...
    It is pretty easy to add new lines without needing to use "hidden characters" (just do newlines). But since I have tables with images with different height, adjusting them with newlines is just not really good. To make it look good I would need a "valign" option or something like that. But I don't know whether there is any or not (and how it is named). [Also you can't hit the middle if there is an even number of lines]

I have figured that there is a align option for horizontal alignment - but that doesn't really help me for vertical alignment.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

I can't say if it will be easy for you or not. But if you have a basic table without any fancy stuff (the most critical being presumably spanning columns), then it should be rather easy.

Basically you only need to replace your newlines with " [/TD][/TR][TR][TD] " and your " | " with " [/TD][TD] " and start the table with "{TABLE="class:grid"][TR][TD] " and close it with " [/TD][/TR][/TABLE] ". And while that looks maybe rather horrifying for some, Rawhide said that there will be a editor tool that will help you with creating tables. So you shouldn't need to worry about remember that stuff any time soon. You basically should only need it if you don't want to use the editor or maybe if you're trying to do more fancy stuff than the editor provides. But this case is true even with the current table version.

If your table is a an easy to change one, these changes are rather easy to apply with search & replace and copy/paste stuff a basic text editor should offer. So the best approach to update a table is copy the table code to a text editor, replace those stuff and see if it works (and than try to fix or if you think you can't fix it somehow to use the table editor to and copy the content of the table.
    Thank you, ChristianSt. I used this as a guideline to convert a couple of tables of mine. It wasn't entirely painless, but less painful than I anticipated.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Could a "class: legacy" be quickly added to color and style to the old format. This way we don't have to deal with the ugly less attractive b/w grid.

Perhaps to include allowing the [hr] [/hr] tags to emulate the [table=header] bold and color.
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbit View Post
    Could a "class: legacy" be quickly added
    No .

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #160

No .
    I am hoping that is a no to the "quickly" part of the request, and not the whole thing. Because that's something that I would really love to see.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

I asked "without cheating"...
    It is pretty easy to add new lines without needing to use "hidden characters" (just do newlines). But since I have tables with images with different height, adjusting them with newlines is just not really good. To make it look good I would need a "valign" option or something like that. But I don't know whether there is any or not (and how it is named). [Also you can't hit the middle if there is an even number of lines]

I have figured that there is a align option for horizontal alignment - but that doesn't really help me for vertical alignment.
    I haven't been able to find anything. The CSS option would be "vertical-align=bottom", but I haven't been able to get it to show up in the post; I'm guessing there's a list of approved CSS tags for use with tables and "vertical-align" isn't on it.

I did discover something interesting though, table classes can be applied on table cells instead of the whole table....

...but that doesn't help here, since there's no table class with bottom-aligned cells.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    I haven't been able to find anything. The CSS option would be "vertical-align=bottom", but I haven't been able to get it to show up in the post; I'm guessing there's a list of approved CSS tags for use with tables and "vertical-align" isn't on it.

I did discover something interesting though, table classes can be applied on table cells instead of the whole table....

...but that doesn't help here, since there's no table class with bottom-aligned cells.
    Huh.

That will be really handy once we get some more table elements to play with.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I am hoping that is a no to the "quickly" part of the request, and not the whole thing. Because that's something that I would really love to see.
    New and improved classes are on our list of things to do, eventually. We definitely won't be doing any of then quickly by any means.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

While I still have some problem with how to optimally use the new tables, I really like the no-border option. Enables fun stuff for signatures. (And even saves space!)

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    It's pretty easy in Excel, because you can add cells/strings together in Excel. For instance, I went to your X stat to Y thread and opened the AC thread. I copy/pasted that table into Excel, starting at A2 -- I left a blank line at the top (I'll tell you why in a moment). Excel put it each table cell into a separate Excel cell.

The AC table that way took up cells A2 to H56.
    Above the top right corner of the table, in cell I1 I put this: [/tb][tb]
    To the right of the first line under the header, in cell I3, I put in the following:
    ="[tr][tb]"&A4&$I$1&B4&$I$1&C4&$I$1&D4&$I$1&E4&$I$1&F4&$I$1& G4&$I$1&"[/tb][/tr]"
    I then dragged the mouse from that cell down to the bottom of the table (I selected I3 to I56). I then hit Ctrl+D to make the formula in the top cell that I'd selected copy itself through all the cells below it.

In cell H1 I put this: [/th][th]
    I then copy/pasted the formula in cell I3 into Notepad and did a find/replace for $I$1 to $H$1 then copy/pasted that into cell I2.

Then all you need to do is to write this down on the page:
    {table="class: grid"]
    [/table]
    Then copy/paste everything from $I2 to $I56 in the middle. It will look like this:
    Code:
    {table="class: grid"]
    [tr][tb][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Apparition Ribbon[/tb][tb]Feat or Class[/tb][tb]Magic of Incarnum[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Arcane Duelist 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Online[/tb][tb]NA[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Ascetic Mage[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Complete Adventurer[/tb][tb]105[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Astral Stalker (+6 LA)[/tb][tb]Race[/tb][tb]MM3[/tb][tb]12[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Battle Dancer[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]DragMag#159/DragComp[/tb][tb]26[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Battledance[/tb][tb]Epic Feat[/tb][tb]Dragon #297[/tb][tb]28[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Combat Panache[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]PHBII[/tb][tb]93[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Divine Shield[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Complete Warrior[/tb][tb]106[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Dread Pirate 9[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Adventurer[/tb][tb]39[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Gloura (+2 LA, 7HD)[/tb][tb]Template[/tb][tb]Underdark[/tb][tb]88[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Grimwierd (+3 LA, 12 HD)[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]MMIII[/tb][tb]75[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Incorporeal[/tb][tb]Sub-type[/tb][tb]MM[/tb][tb]310[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Knight of the Sacred Seal 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Tome of Magic[/tb][tb]54[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Mystic Wonderer[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Magic of Faerun[/tb][tb]35[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Nymph (+7 LA, 6HD)[/tb][tb]Race[/tb][tb]MM[/tb][tb]197[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Paladin 2[/tb][tb]Sub level[/tb][tb]Champions of Valor[/tb][tb]48[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Risen Martyr 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]BoED[/tb][tb]68[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Sirine's Grace[/tb][tb]Spell[/tb][tb]Spell Compendium[/tb][tb]191[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Unholy Scion (+5 LA)[/tb][tb]Race[/tb][tb]Heroes of Horror[/tb][tb]156[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Warmage 1/3/5[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Dragonlance[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Oracle 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Adv Player's Guide[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC & CMD[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Oracle 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Adv Player's Guide[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC & Ref Saves[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Charisma[/tb][tb]Wilder[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Expanded Psionics Handbook[/tb][tb]29[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]Touch AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Deepwarden 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Races of Stone[/tb][tb]105[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Fist of the Forest[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Champion[/tb][tb]80[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Forsaker[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Masters of the Wild[/tb][tb]57[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Constitution[/tb][tb]Improved Bind Vestige[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Tome of Magic[/tb][tb]73[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Ascetic Psion[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Secrets of Sarlona[/tb][tb]115[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Blade Singer 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Warrior[/tb][tb]17[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Control Body[/tb][tb]Power[/tb][tb]Expanded Psionics Handbook[/tb][tb]86[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Duelist 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]DMG[/tb][tb]185[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Duelist 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]PF Core[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Eternal Blade 6[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Tome of Battle[/tb][tb]110[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Factotum 16[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Dungeonscape[/tb][tb]14[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Factotum 3[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Dungeonscape[/tb][tb]14[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Iaijutsu Master 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Oriental Adventures[/tb][tb]41[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Invisible Blade 1[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Complete Warrior[/tb][tb]44[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Magus 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Ultimate Combat[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Mantis Mercenary 5[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Oriental Adventures[/tb][tb]231[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Student of War 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]PF Chronicles: Seekers of Secrets[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Carmendine Monk[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Champions of Valor[/tb][tb]28[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC, Monk Powers[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Intelligence[/tb][tb]Kung Fu Genius[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]319[/tb][tb]71[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC, Monk Powers[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Balance[/tb][tb]Domain[/tb][tb]Player's Guide to Faerun[/tb][tb]84[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Dragon Warrior 2[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Dragon #298[/tb][tb]104[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Dungeoneers Intuition[/tb][tb]Feat[/tb][tb]Waterdeep[/tb][tb]144[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Mantis Mercenary 5[/tb][tb]PrC[/tb][tb]Oriental Adventures[/tb][tb]231[/tb][tb]3[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Monk 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]PHB[/tb][tb]39[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Monk 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Core[/tb][tb]?[/tb][tb]PF[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Monk's Belt[/tb][tb]Equipment[/tb][tb]DMG[/tb][tb]248[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Moon-Warded Ranger 2[/tb][tb]Sub level[/tb][tb]Dragon #340[/tb][tb]55[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Ninja 1[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Complete Adventurer[/tb][tb]5[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Saint (+2 LA)[/tb][tb]Template[/tb][tb]BoED[/tb][tb]185[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [tr][tb]Wisdom[/tb][tb]Sword Sage 2[/tb][tb]Class[/tb][tb]Tome of Battle[/tb][tb]16[/tb][tb]3.5[/tb][tb]AC[/tb][tb][/tb][/tr]
    [/table]
    And then do that to each of your tables. Presuming that they're all the same width, that they all have the same headers, Attribute, Name, Type, Book, Page #, Edition, Bonus, Notes, you can copy/paste each table into Excel and the formula results that you'll be copy/pasting to make the new table will autoupdate each time. So after you get the spreadsheet set up the first time, it'll basically just be a whole heck of a lot of copy/pasting.

I'd go look at that thread on this forum, use your browser to save it as a website, then you can copy/paste and Excel will automatically put each table cell into a different Excel cell.

Zherog can probably make it even easier on you, though -- send him your file and he'll autoconvert it for you. :)
    \
    Do you perhaps mean "td" not "tb"? And what is the the "th" code?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Never mind about my tables completely disappearing, they're fine now. It must have just been the search-and-replace stuff not being completely done when I was checking everything immediately after the forum went up.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

confused Re: Upcoming TABLE Code Changes

Can someone please give me a sample of table code that actually works? (Sorry if that sounded confrontational.) I mean such that if you press the "Preview Post" button then it shows up as a table? Because I've looked through basically the entire thread, and I can't seem to find any working examples of table code.

Or are all tables disabled for now?
    Last edited by 1pwny; 2014-03-31 at 08:26 PM.
    I do stuff.

I usually log on, look at some threads, post, watch for few minutes, then leave and come back the next day. If I don't respond to your replies immediately, don't take offence.

My Homebrewer's Signature

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Can someone please give me a sample of table code that actually works? (Sorry if that sounded confrontational.) I mean such that if you press the "Preview Post" button then it shows up as a table? Because I've looked through basically the entire thread, and I can't seem to find any working examples of table code.
    Are you copying in code with {} brackets? Those brackets are intentionally changed to make the code show, rather than the table it would normally form.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by somebody27else View Post

Or are all tables disabled for now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 2
    1 2
    1 2

Spoiler
    Show
    Player Character Class Alignment Notes
    Sanjay Prabhu Lakhani Wizard - Abjurer Lawful Good Dealing with heretical Paladins is hard....
    Colin Duncan Monk, I think? Something Not-Evil This campaign never actually existed.
    Stuff Fields Data Spaceship? A-flat
    Fluff ... and Mountains? Lore SPACESHIP! C-major chord

Spoiler
    Show
    Header 1 Header 2 Header 3
    Thing 1 Thing 2 Thing 3

Spoiler
    Show
    Wizard
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special 0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    1 +0 +0 +0 +2 Summon Familiar, Scribe Scroll 3 1
    2 +0 +0 +0 +3 4 2
    3 +1 +1 +1 +3 4 2 1
    4 +2 +1 +1 +4 4 3 2
    5 +2 +1 +1 +4 Bonus feat 4 3 2 1
    6 +3 +2 +2 +5 4 3 3 2
    7 +3 +2 +2 +5 4 4 3 2 1
    8 +4 +2 +2 +6 4 4 3 3 2
    9 +4 +3 +3 +6 4 4 4 3 2 1
    10 +5 +3 +3 +7 Bonus feat 4 4 4 3 3 2
    11 +5 +3 +3 +7 4 4 4 4 3 2 1
    12 +6/+1 +4 +4 +8 4 4 4 4 3 3 2
    13 +6/+1 +4 +4 +8 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1
    14 +7/+2 +4 +4 +9 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2
    15 +7/+2 +5 +5 +9 Bonus feat 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1
    16 +8/+3 +5 +5 +10 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2
    17 +8/+3 +5 +5 +10 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1
    18 +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2
    19 +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3
    20 +10/+5 +6 +6 +12 Bonus feat 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Testing out lists inside table cells
    2. Because we need to see what they look like
    3. And if they even work.
    Looks like they do.
    • I don't know what you would use this for
    • But it's cool
    • I guess.
    Good to know.
    Lemon Echidna

Spoiler:
    Show
    food water
    meal drink
    hunger thirst

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Or, instead of all the ones Rawhide gave you (and others in this thread - because there are some that work), you could just, Oh I don't know... press the "Create Table" button? It's the one right under the "Bold" button.

And... if you don't like working with the code, you can turn on WYSIWYG mode, with the button right above the "Bold" button. Then when you create the table with the button, you see the actual blank cells.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Can I make a table alternate line colors to resemble the old tables' appearance? I only managed to create a B&W grid. Also, how do I change alignment of the text inside the table cells?
    Homebrew Stuff:

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Can I make a table alternate line colors to resemble the old tables' appearance? I only managed to create a B&W grid. Also, how do I change alignment of the text inside the table cells?
    There is no class currently available to do that. Sometime in the future I will be adding new classes and will investigate this.

Regular bbcode should work within cells. Use the standard align codes.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I see. Thank you for the reply.
    Homebrew Stuff:

24. - Top - End - #174

So it turns out that I can't correctly update all the tables in my Niche Ranking post because the new code pushes the character above the 50,000 character limit. So I ended up having to cut out two of my tables. (Though I saved them on a separate spreadsheet, in case it can ever be changed).

I know that this has already been mentioned on the thread, but is there any way that we can get it increased to 60,000 - 100,000? I can't imagine that such large posts are common, but the increased limit would really help those of us who do large tables.

Separately, it doesn't seem to matter what number I set the "width" to. It could be because it's just a huge chart though. Or I might be doing something wrong. Again, tech is not my strong suite.

Does anyone know of a good way to host images online without having to sign up for some shady website? It might just be easier to convert large charts into pictures, and then re-size and post the picture. Because right now, because they can't be sorted and the columns are all a uniform color, large charts are somewhat unreadable.

25. - Top - End - #175

We will not be able to increase the size of posts. You may need to reserve an additional post for posts you expect will be large. If you do not have one spare on an older thread, and need the functionality at the start of the thread, you may need to request permission to create a new thread.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
    I know that this has already been mentioned on the thread, but is there any way that we can get it increased to 60,000 - 100,000? I can't imagine that such large posts are common, but the increased limit would really help those of us who do large tables.

Separately, it doesn't seem to matter what number I set the "width" to. It could be because it's just a huge chart though. Or I might be doing something wrong. Again, tech is not my strong suite.
    I don't have a source ready, but Rawhide/the Giant said that 50000 is the maximal maximum available to them, too. So it isn't possible to change that. You will have to use multiple posts.

Naturally ninja'ed while typing...

I had no problems with width myself. Can you pos a table where it doesn't work?

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

We will not be able to increase the size of posts. You may need to reserve an additional post for posts you expect will be large. If you do not have one spare on an older thread, and need the functionality at the start of the thread, you may need to request permission to create a new thread.
    The issue with reserving additional posts at the moment is that double-posting is not currently possible, as it just updates your previous post. If that somehow allows the first post to be longer, then this wouldn't be an issue, but I highly doubt that is the case.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    The issue with reserving additional posts at the moment is that double-posting is not currently possible, as it just updates your previous post. If that somehow allows the first post to be longer, then this wouldn't be an issue, but I highly doubt that is the case.
    Save in the game threads, I believe this has now been rectified by Rawhide.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    This was only ever going to be an incredibly short term problem, which I made very clear was being rectified post haste. It has already been rectified.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Save in the game threads, I believe this has now been rectified by Rawhide.
    This was only ever going to be an incredibly short term problem, which I made very clear was being rectified post haste. It has already been rectified.
    Ah, okay. It seems my information was a bit outdated. Thank you!
    A few odds and ends.