New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

biggrin Wanted: 101 ways to kill

I was wondering if anybody knows of any special abilities or spells that work with melee attacks and force a Ref save or the target dies?

I've been trying to come up with the perfect assassin and I've found an ability that forces a Fort save and one that forces a Will save. If there is one to do the same for Ref saves that would be great.

On a side note, if a sucessful attack requires several saves, like a poisoned weapon used with a Death Attack, are there rules on which is rolled first? If the poison reduces CON, then this save affects the other if it is rolled first.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Wanted: 101 ways to kill

i'd say roll the death attack first as it is the ATTACK that is trying to deal death, poison takes effect right after the attack not during it

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...a sufficiently high level Necklace of Fireballs with a Fireball trap on it should do it, but you have to get them to wear it.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

The only Reflex save-or-die things that I've ever heard of are some domain spells from the Sun domain, and they only kill certain types of undead (mainly vampires). Oh, and there's a homebrew spell in the Articles section of this site (the article is "Change is good..."). Neither of which are any help for your assassin (unless he's willing to UMD a scroll of Sunburst). Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.