New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [EMPIRE!] The Blazing Temple

Spoiler: OOC Notes
    Show
    This is a Freeform RP set in the world of EMPIRE!, specifically the location of the Temple of the Blazing Avatar, also known as the Blazing Temple Of The Most Fiery One In Heaven And Earth. It was built hundreds of years ago, on a tall mountain on the border of the Heartwaste (region 5 on the map), Lyradis (region 13) and Guilder (region 14). The setting is generally low fantasy at this point.

Spoiler: The Map
    Show

Though there has been a lot of RP between the players of Empire so far, they've been a bit limited by the rules of the game. I wanted to have some RP set in that world not bound by the rules and not simply, specifically limited to just that group of players. To that end, I figured "why not post a thread in FFRP?" And so here it is!

For those who don't know about the world of Empire, I have provided some links above, and a short description of the setting of this thread in the post below.

Feel free in your choice of character, as long as it isn't royalty from any of the countries on the map--unless you have permission from the person who made that country. Nobility, merchants, monks, common folk, anyone can come to the Temple!

There it stood, high on the mountain, a mere two miles' walk away from the top--if you could include at least one arduous climb in that "walk". The Blazing Temple's roof was multi-tiered and quite decorative, unlike the simple, strong pillars that held it up. The central pillars were all single pieces of stone, long ago hewn straight from the mountain, but later additions to the temple all had been made out of wood and painted in the red colour of their god.

It was warm that day, signalling a good spring that was coming, and the air was dryer than it had been the past month, even with the breeze coming in from the sea in the east. It was weather just they way they liked it, only the summer heat could top it for the most fanatic among them. Most of the monks were either out visiting surrounding villages or in the main hall for dinner. They were all part of the Order of the Fiery Fist, who tended to the temple, protected it and prayed for the people in the surrounding countries and those who followed the Way of Fire. A few were elsewhere, some even in the farthest known countries, where the rumours of the monks having the ability to bend fire to their will were possibly even stronger than in the countries the Temple bordered.

One of the few that were elsewhere was the Blazing Avatar himself. He sat on a rock by a tree just outside the Temple grounds. He was well over six feet tall, his shoulders broad and revealed by the sleeveless flowing robes of the Order. But his robes! They appeared as if they had been woven from threads of every metal known and unknown, shimmering white and yellow and red. The man bore no tattoos like most monks did, but his skin was yet memorable in its appearance, for it seemed it had an inner glow, as if the man's very veins harboured liquid fire. His eyes were closed, and he seemed to be resting. He looked completely undisturbed even by a beaked lizard that was scurrying around trying to dig up worms.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-19 at 04:18 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] The Blazing Temple

Lady Lyra of Lyradis arrives at the entrance to the temple of the Lord of Fire, asking audience of the Avatar. She comes unarmed, and alone, her retinue discarded above on the Crest.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lady Lyra of Lyradis is welcomed by a monk who bows for her and leads her through the temple grounds and out again on the other side, pointing at the Blazing Avatar on his rock by the tree. He then leaves the Lady again in silence.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I decided on spring of 354 after Mosi's first year of meditation. So umm... Probably not the same time as Lyra, but maybe it's possible.

It had been a long journey for Mosi. Previously he had sent his sons to Lyradis, but this was his first time making the trek across the continent. One boat, weeks in a carriage, two more boats, then days on horseback from a Lyradisian port. It was a long time to be away from his work, but this was what the Great Ancestor called him to do. When it finally came time to scale the mountain Mosi moved spryly despite his great age. If it weren't for his mawa heritage it might have taken a full day to climb the nearly sheer cliff face the road up the mountain led them to. Meanwhile, his guards grumbled about stairs.

Mosi felt more surefooted than he ever had. It was as if each step was guided personally. After a year of meditation and complete saturation of osuro Mosi felt connected to the world around him in a way that defied description. He saw the spark of the Great Ancestor in everything. Each stone held a small piece. The wind looked more like a wave of pale energy. Ahead he could see the Avatar. He shown like the sun in the sky. Mosi had seen him from the bottom of the mountain, and he had not blinked since.

It was late in the day by the time the monastery was in view. Mosi headed directly to the Avatar. He was drawn like a moth to flame. The Avatar's visage was blindingly bright, but it did not harm his eyes.

"Blazing Avatar, I have traveled far to speak with you."
    Mosi bowed low. His dreadlocks shifted and hung low in front of his face. He swept them back over his shoulder as he straightened up. Their length was only matched my his long greying beard. He wore only worn trousers and a loose vest. Mosi looked up at the Avatar with his milky white eyes. "Hopefully you have time to speak with one so humble as me."
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The Blazing Avatar opened his eyes--half open, as typical of him--and smiled kindly upon seeing Mosi. "Do not be silly, my bearded mawa friend. I should be humbled that you would speak to me. Be seated, if you wish. I cannot offer your old legs a chair, but the Earth is the seat of all things, as it is currently mine." He gestured at the grass and the rock, which was large enough for two more to sit beside him. "Shall I have someone bring food and tea to bring you relif after your long journey?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Mosi chuckled. "Then it is good enough for me." He sat cross legged on the ground. "Water would be fine enough. Thank you." His bones creaked as he settled down and caught his breath. Even just sitting down took more effort than it used to.

"If you don't mind, I would like to get straight to our discussion. Old age has made me a bit more eager to see things finished." Mosil spoke slowly, but with conviction. "I have been... I'm not even fully sure where. Deep in mediation I suppose. So deep I came through the other side into waking life again without ever leaving. I assume you are aware of the revelation I received. I have spoken to many powerful spirits since, some understand the world as I do, but others do not. So now I am not sure that what I thought were universal truths laid out before me are really so universal." He paused momentarily to gather his thoughts. "You have been reborn many times. Do you remember your previous incarnations? Or the time between them?"
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Hi!

So, I made a character. Will probably be one-off as I explore thoughts for characters of whatever stories, but...here he is. I read several parts of those links. For the sake of my simplicity, I haven't exactly decided which nation this character is from.

The Disgraced Knight
    An undecided year

A broad-shouldered man finally reached the Blazing Temple on the mountain. It was a long trip, and he was out of breath. His speckle-grey beard (like he hasn't shaved in a month) revealed his age, but almost no else of him was visible from under the black cloak - not his eyes, from the hood; not his clothing nor whatever else he was carrying - in actuality, he was carrying very little. The cloak would definitely make him very hot and sweaty, especially in this warm weather.

Really, the only other thing that could be discerned about him would be the scars on his face - some, from weapons, showing he was well-used to deadly battles. Most notably, but mostly covered by his hood, is a large scar from a burn.

He approached the temple with an air of penitence. It seems he had done something he considered dishonorable, and he had come here to the temple, seeking spiritual understanding. Forgiveness? No. It was beyond his reach. Just understanding, to come to terms with reality.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The cold wind blew as the moon begins to rise in the sky over the Blazing Temple.

「356」

A lone figure dressed in brown furs and breeches pauses halfway up the mountain. Kokuei looks back to the base of the mountain to see her small guard setting up camp. They could have been from anywhere in these parts, or perhaps merchants from over the sea. Looking forward she sees the Blazing Temple, home of the man who would come to Tekorva for better or worse unless she were to stop him. Sighing, she adjusts the small bundle on her back and checks her bowstring. She was certainly not suited to discussion, yet nobody else would do what needed to be done. Perhaps it is time I learn how to handle matters which cannot be handled with violence... she reflects.

By the time Kokuei reaches the top of the hill, the Moon was high overhead and the sky was fully decorated with stars.

Show
    Well now, a convenient thread with a convenient way to conveniently deal with this inconvenience. How convenient!

It also means I don't have any premature schisms...
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-21 at 05:03 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

[zabbarot, Spring 354]

The Blazing Avatar gave Mosi a nod. "I understand what you mean. Talking to the spirits can have a profound effect on a man. Walking among them even moreso." He motioned with a hand to signal a monk standing near the temple entrance, who then disappeared inside. "Their world is different from ours, and each world has subtle differences in its rules from all the others. Few things are universal, but that there are things is one of them."

He heaved a breath. "I do not remember the time between lives, and the time within them is only as a half-forgotten dream that you're not sure belonged to you. It seems as if the existence of memory is not a universal truth when it comes to reincarnation."

[Mahonri Violist]

When the knight had come into view of the Blazing Temple, he wasn't instantly noticed. The monk who stood in the low tower above the gate was leaning against a pillar, half asleep. He jolted awake when he slipped off the pillar and nearly fell, thus allowing him to see the guest coming in. He ran off the stairs to greet him. "Hello, good sir! Welcome to the temple, may I be of service?"

[Rain Dragon, 356]

The Blazing Temple by night was perhaps far grander a sight than its fairly ordinary looks by day. Lanterns of decorative colour and pattern lit up the temple and its surroundings in brilliant displays of colour, with light in twisting forms of creatures only dreamt of. Underneath the starlit sky, against the backdrop of the mountaintop where there was just that hint of snow this time of year, it was absolutely gorgeous. A thrumming came from the temple ground, alternatively deep and high-pitched. Music?

Show
    Welcome, Mahonri! Since I don't know your character, I look forward to interacting with him. (Okay, granted, Rain Dragon, I only vaguely know yours. )
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-21 at 07:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The sight was fit to take one's breath away, yet the lone figure seemed not to notice as a slight breeze tugged at her hood.

「356」

The pulsing sound of the Blazing Temple at once excited and intimidated Kokuei. Pushing aside all fear, a lone figure approaches the entrance, hoping to be approached so she would not have to approach them. Though it was warm in these parts, Kokuei shudders slightly at the thought of who she must communicate to. The Blazing Avatar whom upset the balance of the spirits at the Grand Ball.

Remembering what her mother said of that night, Kokuei took another step.

He was a very strong 'Man' if you could call him such, and very much out of place, but... I do not think he meant harm. Indeed, he watched the Duels as avidly as I and appeared to make conversation as any other. Perhaps the recent rumours are false, but I would still not trust him so easily.

Kokuei pauses at the very last step she could possibly have taken without entering the Temple itself.

"Hello?" a thirteen year old girl's voice pierces the night air, but not so strongly as to wake those who would not wish to be woken.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's ok. I don't really know my character either yet.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

[Rain Dragon, 356]

Within the temple grounds, there were monks sitting around on the sides of the wooden walkways that were part of the buildings, playing on drums. Others were sitting in the grass beside the the natural stone paths in the garden, wielding drums, flutes or horns. In their midst, several people were caught in the most abundant dance as they moved like wildfire in pairs, both monks and guests to the temple. Among them was even the Blazing Avatar, his eyes wide open as he and the other dancers laughed and he ululated along with the tunes of the music. His skin lit up the circle from within, contrasting the dancing lights of the lanterns. If any of them even noticed Kokuei, they did not pay her any direct attention.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-21 at 04:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

「356」

Slightly annoyed, but not wanting to be rude, Kokuei finds a seat somewhere near the dancers. The Blazing Avatar himself was unmistakable as the monks continued their dance. Glancing over to the musicians Kokuei thinks briefly about joining the dancers before deciding against it. For all she knew, it could be a way to worship the Lord of Fire. Furthermore, the dance seemed so different to any practiced in Tekorva and she wasn't sure if she would dance well.

Kokuei takes out the strange rock the strange Avatar had sent her family. The words seemed innocent enough, yet her father had seen them and dropped the rock before rushing elsewhere muttering in Razdissi and holding an iron amulet so hard his knuckles became white. Her brother Yuuhi's reaction was perhaps... Worse. While he didn't do anything directly, he was clearly uncomfortable with the thought of the Blazing Avatar in the lands that were sure to be his. The stone lied on a table for months before Kokuei finally decided to do something about it. She didn't know if Yuuhi had deemed to send the Blazing Avatar a response yet, but she knew the Avatar was not to be trifled with.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-21 at 05:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

[Rain Dragon, 356]

After a few minutes, the music died down to only a few playing softly as the dancers sat down. Only the Blazing Avatar remained standing and he clapped his hands together and gave a few small bows to some of the musicians and other dancers. "Tonight is truly one of joy, that we get to welcome guests like you who live life so fully. Your inner fires stoke my own to new heights! Thank you, for your music and your dancing. I must now retreat momentarily, but please, let my departure not limit this celebration."

He looked directly at Kokuei for a moment, then turned and stepped between two monks to make his way toward a shrine further into the gardens, where the music was more distanced.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

「356」

Kokuei notes the Blazing Avatar's departure and feels a direct audience with him would not be possible now. Looking around, Kokuei tries to catch the attention of a nearby monk who doesn't appear to be doing anything.

"Excuse me, excuse me, sorry. Hey. May I speak with one of you?"

Show
    I'm a fermata; hold me - I like this more than words can express
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-21 at 09:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Default Sorry for taking so long; it took a while to get into his thoughts.

Mahonri Violist - me

When faced with the monk, the knight bows his head in reverence. "Good day," he replies. He pauses, unsure of what to say next.

Finally, he looks up, and takes a deep breath. (It seems he forgot to breathe as he was thinking.) "I've heard that this place is very close to The Other Side, and I though that..." His voice falters, and he starts again.

He looks down again to regather his thoughts. "What I mean to say is, I've had some questions for a while, and I heard that here's just as good a place as any to get them answered," he says, shifting uneasily in place.

So I don't forget the name that I've decided on for him, here it is: William Shachar.

Show
    Thanks.

From what I've read of the IC of the threads so far, it sounds like a very interesting setting.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #16

Arkhosia!

Show
    You know, we should at some point consider the idea of having a FFRPG where people can play the citizens of our nations.

A young moss elf walks up to the temple, clad in a simple blue tunic and black leggings.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Year 347

Orpa looked up the mountain and the great temple that rested high on top of it. He wiped his nose as a cool wind blew, it was winter, his second one on the road but unlike his first he didn't feel like he might not make it, he was there. He began to climb the steps that would take him closer to the temple.

He had traveled far from the shores of Woodwind and the rule of Khan Ignato and during his time he has worked a wide array of jobs. He had left when he was 15 years old, his time on the road had seen him mature into a young man, his chin sported the wispy outlines of a beard and his time on the road left his hair long and kinked sprouting wild directions from his head. The Calorum priests speeches of the Lord of Fire and his Blazing Avatar had inspired him to take up the mantle of spreading the faith but the Khan's regime seemed more concerned with grabbing land and spreading his glory than improving the lives of his people. Orpa knew this was wrong and he had left.

His travels had brought him through Calorum, where he had worked a few months as a servant to a temple but the time had disillusioned the young man to the faith preached there and he had fled in the night when the Calorum priests were least likely to be patrolling for runaways. He had also been through the Heartwaste, a strange land filled with creatures that were distinctly non human. He had worked a variety of odd jobs in this land but he had received one lasting mark. In preparation for his request he would make at the top of the mountain the young man had paid to have a tattoo resembling the Lord of Fire's sigil tattooed upon the back of his left hand. As he reached the part of the mountain that demanded climbing it looked back at him every time his hand clasped for a handhold. It was messed up, the artist had been intoxicated and the symbol had ended up looking like a water droplet. Orpa prayed the Avatar would not have him cast out for making a mocker of the Lord of Fire.

Eventually the young Woodwind lad reached the temple, he collapsed and panted, regaining his breath as realization that he had climbed faster than he had ever moved before dawned on him. After taking a few moments to regain himself he approached the temple, a cold sweat breaking out to add to the sweat the climb had prompted. He hoped he could prove himself a worthy monk and servant to the Avatar.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

「356」

While the monks are clearly busy dancing and not paying her any mind, Kokuei notices the arrival of a strange looking person. She had never seen anything like them, and was quite intrigued. Searching her brain, Kokuei's best guess would be that this newcomer was a Moss Elf. As Eyrecradia was on fairly good terms with her home region, Kokuei decides to try to talk to the newcomer while the monks continued their dance.

Flipping back her hood to reveal a round, light gray face full of youth topped by a short mop of pure white hair, Kokuei greets the Eyrecradian. "I see you for the first time." Kokuei's accent is thick and exotic, though it was clear she spoke Common Speech well despite her upbringing. Resting her hands on her chest, she bows semi-formally to the Eyrecradian.

Show
    Just for the record, she's speaking in Polite speech, as should be assumed most of the time a Tekorvan speaks to someone they don't know unless they know for sure they are royalty. Kokuei is too young to have grown any facial hair yet, so no need to be worried about reactions to beardy women here for now. Though as she's only thirteen, you can confuse her for a young boy if you like. She's 5'11 this year, growing to her full 6'1 over the next two years. Kokuei also very strongly resembles Elder Ambvard.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    「356」

While the monks are clearly busy dancing and not paying her any mind, Kokuei notices the arrival of a strange looking person. She had never seen anything like them, and was quite intrigued. Searching her brain, Kokuei's best guess would be that this newcomer was a Moss Elf. As Eyrecradia was on fairly good terms with her home region, Kokuei decides to try to talk to the newcomer while the monks continued their dance.

Flipping back her hood to reveal a round, light gray face full of youth topped by a short mop of pure white hair, Kokuei greets the Eyrecradian. "I see you for the first time." Kokuei's accent is thick and exotic, though it was clear she spoke Common Speech well despite her upbringing. Resting her hands on her chest, she bows semi-formally to the Eyrecradian.

Show
    Just for the record, she's speaking in Polite speech, as should be assumed most of the time a Tekorvan speaks to someone they don't know unless they know for sure they are royalty. Kokuei is too young to have grown any facial hair yet, so no need to be worried about reactions to beardy women here for now. Though as she's only thirteen, you can confuse her for a young boy if you like. She's 5'11 this year, growing to her full 6'1 over the next two years. Kokuei also very strongly resembles Elder Ambvard.
    The moss elf, a female with long, knee length white hair, returns the bow.
    Xellia Norwith.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

「356」 『Kokuei to Xellia Norwith』

A little surprised at the short introduction, Kokuei thinks back to the mistakes of Tekorvanin in the past. In particular, the transcript she studied of Akira Shirokinu's dealings with the Kasumori.

All the same, she couldn't quite bring herself to such an abrupt greeting.

"Kokuei. May we be well met."
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-21 at 11:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

A little surprised at the short introduction, Kokuei thinks back to the mistakes of Tekorvanin in the past. In particular, the transcript she studied of Akira Shirokinu's dealings with the Kasumori.

All the same, she couldn't quite bring herself to such an abrupt greeting.

"Kokuei. May we be well met."
    May we be well met.
    The moss elf replies.
    What brings you here, miss Kokeui?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

A little surprised at the forwardness of the question without the formalities of Tekorva, Kokuei slips into Casual Speech. Hoping it will not offend Norwith, she responds, "I am here to see the Blazing Avatar about some correspondence my family received a few years ago. Why have you come?" Kokuei decides she quite likes the moss elf's hair.

EDIT
    Show
    Sorry to have started a conversation then left so abruptly, but I just saw the time and my train is apparently going to be delayed... Gotta go. Catcha later.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-22 at 12:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

A little surprised at the forwardness of the question without the formalities of Tekorva, Kokuei slips into Casual Speech. Hoping it will not offend Norwith, she responds, "I am here to see the Blazing Avatar about some correspondence my family received a few years ago. Why have you come?" Kokuei decides she quite likes the moss elf's hair.

EDIT
    Show
    Sorry to have started a conversation then left so abruptly, but I just saw the time and my train is apparently going to be delayed... Gotta go. Catcha later.
    Queen Weiss charged me with the duty of investigating the religions of the other nations.
    Xellia replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

[Mahonri Violist]

"Fairly close." The monk smiled at William, then gestured him to follow him into the temple. "You can feel at ease, sir. I myself first came here for answers. Didn't like the answer at first, but some answers require thinking before you realize how good they are. That's when I came back and became a monk." Inside, the monk pointed out some pillows the guest could use as a seat, while he moved to a corner where a teapot stood on a low flame. "Drink, sir?"

[QuintonBeck, 347]

One of the older monks was fetching water at a nearby well outside the temple grounds when Orpa arrived. He heaved a bucket of water and put it down beside the ancient stone well and looked up upon hearing feet. "Ah, visiting the temple, eh? Quite a youngun you are for that, but I don't judge!" The old man grinned broadly behind his patchy grey beard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bit shorter and less fancy, less time today. I'll leave Xellia and Kokuei to each other for today. But yes! It was my intention to work towards more general Empire FFRP threads like that later, Arkhosia. Of course, you are free to start one up already. :P

25. - Top - End - #25

[Mahonri Violist, who is me]

It appears the monk is very good at putting William at ease, saying exactly what needs to be said. That's good; it makes it easier for him to feel comfortable speaking his mind.

He nods and follows the monk into the temple. Once in there, he sees the pillows and slowly walks over to them to sit. "Yes, please," he responds - he would like a drink.

As the tea heats up, he removes his hood, which reveals the entirety of his face - all the scars from conflicts, the burn engulfing most of his face, and the weary expression in his eyes. He appears lost in thought for a few moments.

Then, he raises his eyes. "I...I guess all the questions I have derive from the same core...how would I describe it...fault in my knowledge." He takes a deep breath and sits up straighter. He continues, "Why must the innocent suffer for the wicked's mistakes?" His own mistakes. Why did they have to die when it was his own sin? "If it's something I'll never understand, I can accept that. But it's something I need to know."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Year 347

Orpa bowed his head towards the monk, "Yes sir, I'm seeking education sir. Education in the ways of Fire sir."

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"Äh, is that so? In that case, the Blazing Temple is among the first logical places to go, is it not?" Kokuei turns her lilac eyes to the moon.

"If I may be so bold, what faith do you follow? My own beliefs lie primarily in a spirit known as the Lady of the Moon."

Show
    Well, I have been busy so sorry about the long wait between replies. I likely will be busy again this afternoon. Sorry Arkhosia!

Also, cheers Morph. I wanted to interact with other people at some point and you're busy interacting with three already.

28. - Top - End - #28

"Äh, is that so? In that case, the Blazing Temple is among the first logical places to go, is it not?" Kokuei turns her lilac eyes to the moon.

"If I may be so bold, what faith do you follow? My own beliefs lie primarily in a spirit known as the Lady of the Moon."

Show
    Well, I have been busy so sorry about the long wait between replies. I likely will be busy again this afternoon. Sorry Arkhosia!

Also, cheers Morph. I wanted to interact with other people at some point and you're busy interacting with three already.

Agreed. I mainly worship Kedrielle, goddess of Exploration.
    Xellia replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fascinating! Would you tell me more of Kedrielle?" Kokuei at this point wasn't asking purely out of politeness, but genuine interest. The desire for knowledge was something well respected within Tekorva.

EDIT - Typo
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-22 at 10:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spring 354]
    "It is interesting at least I'm sure. In my meditations I have tried to find my own past lives, but it's like grasping smoke. The more you reach for them the more they waft away. So I relax and eventually some waft by me." Mosi reaches into a small pouch and produces several small chili peppers.

"These are osuro mirc. They're sweet with a delicate heat, actually quite tasty, but that is not their purpose. They focus the mind inward in a way that is hard to describe. They helped me significantly in my meditations. It was through them that I was able to meet Mwalimu, who introduced me to the spirits of the Genivana jungles. Mwalimu is an ancient spirit of Asnaoga. Apparently long ago she was worshiped as a god. She was kind and glad to have company though, and she taught me much." He paused for a moment, reflecting. "If you are interested, and only with your permission, I would like to attempt to meet your god. Take the osuro with me, and we can travel together." He extends a hand to the Avatar with a single pepper.

Show
    I can show you the world! Seriously though I want to write something sort of surreal, so if you're interested and you don't mind possibly making some decisions about religion for the setting along the way, it could be fun.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-02-24 at 09:59 AM.