New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Question Planar Something +2 HD Power ? Help !

I recently read about some power that adds +2 to the maximum HD allowed for Planar Ally and/or Planar Binding spells. So that you can i.e. get a Balor with Greater Planar Ally/Binding.

But I can't remember in which book it was and I also can't remember if it was a class feature, feat, spell, or whatever.

So, does anybody know where I saw this power ?
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Planar Something +2 HD Power ? Help !

My dear Countess,

The Infernal Bargainer feat (page 165) in Races of Faerun will help you do that if you are an Outsider.
    All Yours Popcorn are belongs to me truly,
    LLS

3. - Top - End - #3

Thanks mylord,

I'll keep that feat in mind. It is quite what I'm looking for since the creature to which I want to give this power is an evil outsider.

But I am sure that read about this power in a more recent D&D supplement. I haven't touched Races of Faerūn for six months or so.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-30 at 08:09 AM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

A quick look over the feats in Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss didn't reveal anything like this, despite the book appearing a likely candidate. Having some hint about where this ability could be (Dragon, Complete Mage, Fiendish Codex II...) and whether it's a feat or class ability would help.

Edit: Checked Complete Mage feats quickly, couldn't see anything like this there, either. Nothing in Heroes of Horror feats or the Fiendblooded PrC.
    Last edited by Thomas; 2007-01-30 at 08:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Yes, I also have Fiendish Codex I and Complete Mage. I really thought that it might be in one of them (since I bought them last thursday and friday, so they are my newest D&D acquisitions).

As I said, I can't remember if it was a feat, class ability, or something else.

Maybe Complete Scoundrel (Malconvoker ?) or Fiendish Codex II ? I also glanced through those books at my FLGS.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Malconvoker. It's the class ability Improved Calling.

7. - Top - End - #7

Yay, thanks Thomas !

I knew that it was in some new book. But I don't know if I'll buy Complete Scoundrel, somehow the book didn't convince me. Maybe I just visit my FLGS a few times and use my almost eidetic memory to get that class.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-30 at 04:47 PM.

Spoiler
    Show