Results 1 to 1 of 1
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
The Professional: Generic Mundane Base Class [3.5]
This class is meant as a high-powered replacement for the Barbarian, Fighter, and Rogue. It should fall into the top of tier 4, breaking into 3, but I'd love feedback. As the class is generic, I have no real fluff to accompany it.
Hit Die: D12
Skill Points: 8+Int Modifier.
The Professional's class skills are all skills presented in the player's handbook except for concentration and spellcraft.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Professional is proficient in all simple and martial weapons, all forms of armor, and shields (including tower shields).
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Talents Mechanics Boosts 1st+1+2+2+011 0 2nd+2+3+3+022 0 3rd+3+3+3+132 1 4th+4+4+4+143 1 5th+5+4+4+153 1 6th+6+5+5+264 2 7th+7+5+5+274 2 8th+8+6+6+285 2 9th+9+6+6+395 3 10th+10+7+7+3106 3 11th+11+7+7+3116 3 12th+12+8+8+4127 4 13th+13+8+8+4137 4 14th+14+9+9+4148 4 15th+15+9+9+5158 5 16th+16+10+10+5169 5 17th+17+10+10+5179 5 18th+18+11+11+61810 6 19th+19+11+11+61910 6 20th+20+12+12+62011 6
Talents:At every level, a professional may gain one of the following. She may not select the same option 3 times in 3 levels.
- A fighter bonus feat. (Combat Pack)
- A rogue special ability (SRD or Pathfinder list, except for the bonus feat option), or trapfinding. (Stealth Pack)
- Pounce, +10 foot bonus to speed when not in heavy armor, Greater Rage (minimum level 8), Indomitable Will (Minimum level 10), Tireless Rage (minimum level 12), Mighty Rage (minimum level 14, requires greater rage). None of these abilities stack if taken multiple times. (Berserker Pack)
- A Minor Aura known (as Marshal, can use Minor Auras), or a Major Aura known (as Marshal, starts at +1). (Leader Pack).
- Acrobatic Charge (As Swashbuckler), Cunning Insight (As Factotum), Brains Over Brawn (As Factotum), Cunning Defense (As Factotum, light or medium armor only), Cunning Strike (As Factotum), Cunning Surge (As Factotum, Swift action to use, requires any other ability in this pack), Cunning Dodge (As Factotum, minimum level 10). (Braniac Pack)
- Woodland Stride (As Druid), Camouflage (requires Woodland Stride, as Ranger), Hide in Plain Sight (requires Camouflage, as Ranger), Swift Tracker, Blindsense 30, Blindsense +20 Feet (requires Blindsense). None of these abilities stack except for increases to blindsense. (Nature Pack)
- Blindsight 30 (requires blindsense, minimum level 10), Blindsight +10 feet (requires Blindsight), Lucky (As Swashbuckler), Free Movement (As Scout, requires Improved Evasion, minimum level 12). (Apotheosis Pack)
- A bonus feat: Skill focus or Open Minded. (Skills Pack)
Mechanics: At first level and every even level, a professional may gain one of the following. Unless otherwise noted, these abilities stack with themselves. She may not select the same option twice in a row.
- +2D6 Sneak Attack
- Skirmish (+1D6/+1 AC)
- 1/Day Use of Rage
- DR 2/-
- +1 to Major Aura or Grant Move Action 1/Day.
- 2 Inspiration/Encounter
- Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Evasion (requires evasion), Improved Uncanny Dodge (requires uncanny dodge), Mettle (requires any other mechanic in this pack).
Boosts: At third level and every third level thereafter, a professional may gain one of the following. Unless otherwise noted, these abilities stack with themselves. The same ability may not be selected twice in a row.
- +1 to fortitude saves.
- +1 to reflex saves.
- +1 to will saves.
- +1 dodge bonus to AC when not flat-footed.
- +1 to grapple checks.
- +1 on opposed rolls defending against bull rush, disarm, overrun, sunder, and trip attacks.
Alternative class features of the Barbarian, Fighter and Rogue can be taken, replacing the obvious features. Talents can be exchanged as fighter bonus feats, Boosts are gained at the same levels as trap sense for a reason, and rage gained from mechanics can be exchanged just as easily for whirling frenzy.
The three categories of power are generally divided into interesting new powers (Talents), combat number-increasers (Mechanics), and smaller passive bonuses (Boosts). A few items were sorted based on the ability to emulate a class’s full complement of abilities at low levels. For instance, Trapfinding is a talent so that a rogue can get Trapfinding and sneak attack at first level.
1.1 - Added Nature Pack, Apotheosis Pack to Talents.
1.2 - Added Marshal pack to Talents and its support to Mechanics, added Mettle to Mechanics.
1.3 - Added Factotum and Swashbuckler abilities to Talents and Inspiration to Mechanics.
Last edited by bekeleven; 2020-04-16 at 05:46 AM.Tome of the Holy Grail: Draw power from legendary heroes.|The Dashing Dualist: Two weapons. One happy ending.|The Shifter: Be all that you can be.|The Professional: Mundanes, competent.|The Wuxia Fighter: Mundanes, Wacky.|The Rappeler: Balanced summoning.
Skill Trick Compendium|Complete Control Revamped: Customize everything.|The Guy at the Gym Fallacy: Because I can't.|Monkday Guide to Monks