Results 1 to 1 of 1
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
The Professional: Generic Mundane Base Class [3.5]
This class is meant as a high-powered replacement for the Barbarian, Fighter, and Rogue. It should fall into the top of tier 4, breaking into 3, but I'd love feedback. As the class is generic, I have no real fluff to accompany it.
Hit Die: D12
Skill Points: 8+Int Modifier.
The Professional's class skills are all skills presented in the player's handbook except for concentration.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Professional is proficient in all simple and martial weapons, all forms of armor, and shields (including tower shields).
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Talents Mechanics Boosts 1st+1+2+2+211 0 2nd+2+3+3+322 0 3rd+3+3+3+332 1 4th+4+4+4+443 1 5th+5+4+4+453 1 6th+6+5+5+564 2 7th+7+5+5+574 2 8th+8+6+6+685 2 9th+9+6+6+695 3 10th+10+7+7+7106 3 11th+11+7+7+7116 3 12th+12+8+8+8127 4 13th+13+8+8+8137 4 14th+14+9+9+9148 4 15th+15+9+9+9158 5 16th+16+10+10+10169 5 17th+17+10+10+10179 5 18th+18+11+11+111810 6 19th+19+11+11+111910 6 20th+20+12+12+122011 6
Talents:At every level, a professional gains an ability from one of the following packs. She may not select the same pack 3 times in 3 levels.
- A fighter bonus feat. (Combat Pack)
- A rogue special ability (from Pathfinder or, at level 10+, SRD. Remove the bonus feat option, and you must meet any prerequisites, with professional level as rogue level), or trapfinding. (Stealth Pack)
- Pounce, +10 foot bonus to speed when not in heavy armor, Greater Rage (minimum level 8), Indomitable Will (Minimum level 10), Tireless Rage (minimum level 12), or Mighty Rage (minimum level 14, requires greater rage). None of these abilities stack if taken multiple times. (Berserker Pack)
- A Minor Aura known (as Marshal, can use Minor Auras), or a Major Aura known (as Marshal, starts at +1). (Leader Pack).
- Acrobatic Charge (As Swashbuckler), Cunning Insight (As Factotum), Brains Over Brawn (As Factotum), Cunning Strike (As Factotum), Cunning Surge (As Factotum, Swift action to use, requires any other ability in this pack), or Cunning Dodge (As Factotum, minimum level 10). (Braniac Pack)
- Woodland Stride (As Druid), Camouflage (requires Woodland Stride, as Ranger), Hide in Plain Sight (requires Camouflage, as Ranger), Swift Tracker, Blindsense 30, or Blindsense +20 Feet (requires Blindsense). None of these abilities stack except for increases to blindsense. (Nature Pack)
- Blindsight 30 (requires blindsense, minimum level 10), Blindsight +10 feet (requires Blindsight), Lucky (As Swashbuckler), Free Movement (As Scout, requires Improved Evasion, minimum level 12), or a mental ability score of your choice as a dodge bonus to AC (to a maximum of your class level, and only when not flat-footed and wearing no or light armor). None of these abilities can be taken multiple times except for increases to blindsight. (Apotheosis Pack)
- A bonus feat: Skill focus or Open Minded. (Skills Pack)
Mechanics: At first level and every even level, a professional gains an ability from one of the following options. Unless otherwise noted, these abilities stack with themselves. She may not select the same option twice in a row.
- +2D6 Sneak Attack
- Skirmish (+1D6/+1 AC)
- 1/Day Use of Rage
- DR 2/-
- +1 to Major Aura or Grant Move Action 1/Day.
- 2 Inspiration/Encounter
- Improved Unarmed Strike, full strength bonus to damage with unarmed attacks, and treat the damage from your unarmed strike as 1 size category larger (as per Table: Increased Damage by Size). Taking this additional times continues to increase the size category.
- Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Evasion (requires evasion), Improved Uncanny Dodge (requires uncanny dodge), or Mettle (requires any other mechanic in this pack).
Boosts: At third level and every third level thereafter, a professional may gain one of the following. Unless otherwise noted, these abilities stack with themselves. The same ability may not be selected twice in a row.
- +1 to fortitude saves.
- +1 to reflex saves.
- +1 to will saves.
- +1 dodge bonus to AC when not flat-footed.
- +1 to grapple checks.
- +1 on opposed rolls defending against bull rush, disarm, overrun, sunder, and trip attacks.
Alternative class features of the Barbarian, Fighter and Rogue can be taken, replacing the obvious features. Talents can be exchanged as fighter bonus feats, Boosts are gained at the same levels as trap sense for a reason, and rage gained from mechanics can be exchanged just as easily for whirling frenzy.
The three categories of power are generally divided into interesting new powers (Talents), combat number-increasers (Mechanics), and smaller passive bonuses (Boosts). A few items were sorted based on the ability to emulate a class’s full complement of abilities at low levels. For instance, Trapfinding is a talent so that a rogue can get Trapfinding and sneak attack at first level.
1.1 - Added Nature Pack, Apotheosis Pack to Talents.
1.2 - Added Marshal pack to Talents and its support to Mechanics, added Mettle to Mechanics.
1.3 - Added Factotum and Swashbuckler abilities to Talents and Inspiration to Mechanics.
1.4 - Good will save, spellcraft as a class skill (no reason not to identify spells), and added some monk abilities: an unarmed strike track and a mental stat to AC. Removed Cunning Defense.
Last edited by bekeleven; 2021-09-06 at 03:12 AM.Tome of the Holy Grail: Draw power from legendary heroes.|The Dashing Dualist: Two weapons. One happy ending.|The Shifter: Be all that you can be.|The Professional: Mundanes, competent.|The Wuxia Fighter: Mundanes, Wacky.|The Rappeler: Balanced summoning.
Skill Trick Compendium|Complete Control Revamped: Customize everything.|The Guy at the Gym Fallacy: Because I can't.|Monkday Guide to Monks