A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: OOC: Magic vs. Might

Saturday may be our better option... I suppose we'll know for sure later.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

So just to set the theme for these crests, I will state that each is dynamic in some sort of way. Also going to put it out there, that while the symbols themselves change, the colors of them do not.
    1. “The first crest glows with a blood red wolf emblem. You realize that this emblem is dynamic in some manner unknown to you.”
    “Under further inspection, it seems the crest has a rune slot in which enemy blood can be infused.”

-The form assumed grants the physical form of the being whose blood it contains and any abilities related to this physical form, but not the magic spells or internal powers they may normally contain (Ex. A dragon has wings and claws, thus you could fly and claw enemies, but since fire-breathing is an internal power not granted by the mere form, it cannot be mimicked, unless of course you have that spell yourself). The form held can be changed at any time and can include anything that has blood, which excludes a lot of outsiders and constructs.

2. “The second crest examined depicts a blazing fire of purple. The crest itself yields a rune slot on the back of it, in which an ever so small sphere of magma is inserted.”
    -The crest can have relics inserted into it to add special fortitude save effects, such as burning or freezing.

3. “On this crest lies a green symbol resembling a book. A phrase lies on that back, ‘Intelligence’”
    -This crest holds a message which disappears each morning, allowing itself to be rewritten to any skill the user desires, giving a +3 bonus on any check related to it.

4. “The crest has a blue blade shown on the front. The back of the crest has a switch which does not seem to operate.”
    -Similar to the above, this one grants a bonus that can be changed out once per day, with the switch changing the symbol to either a sword (+2 AB) or a shield (+2 AC).

5. “The final crest displays an arm in orange. On the back there appears to be a rune slot holding a miniature arm of gold.”
    This would allow the user to have a third arm, eye, leg, or whatever else, based on the relic obtained. These are only temporary and exist only when the crest is activated.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

^Oooh. Interesting.

Also, like I've said before, Saturdays work best for me, as I'm not available on Sundays...

9:30 am PST would probably be the earliest time for me, but slightly later (10:00 am) would be better.

EDIT: Question about the first crest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tyrant View Post
    1. “The first crest glows with a blood red wolf emblem. You realize that this emblem is dynamic in some manner unknown to you.”
    “Under further inspection, it seems the crest has a rune slot in which enemy blood can be infused.”

-The form assumed grants the physical form of the being whose blood it contains and any abilities related to this physical form, but not the magic spells or internal powers they may normally contain (Ex. A dragon has wings and claws, thus you could fly and claw enemies, but since fire-breathing is an internal power not granted by the mere form, it cannot be mimicked, unless of course you have that spell yourself). The form held can be changed at any time and can include anything that has blood, which excludes a lot of outsiders and constructs.
    What happens to our stats? Do they stay the same, or are they altered somewhat à la Beast Shape?
    Last edited by Rysc; 2014-03-08 at 09:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Okay guys, based on majority rule, we're going to have the session today in about an hour, here is the link:
    https://app.roll20.net/join/334643/KEnD7g

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Game's about to start, we need everyone here.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

We Called it for this weekend. We'll Cement something a little bit more.

7. - Top - End - #217

EvilClericGuy

Sorry for missing it. I didn't see the announcement in time. We have to set a time with more notice or people aren't going to make it. Also, did anything happen of note?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, I'll just have to jump in on the 22nd. By the, most everything I have to do will be done.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialSunligh View Post
    Sorry for missing it. I didn't see the announcement in time. We have to set a time with more notice or people aren't going to make it. Also, did anything happen of note?
    Nope, just did some setup and announced the crests. I should set each official time a week or two in advance. So, how does this sound:

Next Saturday:
    *9:20 AM - 2:30 PM
    *15 min break sometime in between
    *Goals = Achieve at least level 3 and progress political wars.
    *Should end at the Kingdom of Garn to the Southwest

Saturday afterwards:
    *9:15 AM - 2:20 PM
    *15 min break somewhere
    *I believe this is where Mousedigit's character will join the Undying Blades
    *Goals = Achieve at least level 5 and increase worldwide demon presence
    *Should end either in a different plane, kingdom, or continent, based on the group decides to take their quest (This is the session in which I will attempt to transition it more towards being sandbox-like)

Sunday afterwards:
    *Maybe a We Be Goblins module session?

Please let me know if any of these times do not work and I will adjust them accordingly

10. - Top - End - #220

WhiteWizardGirl

Next Saturday:
    *9:20 AM - 2:30 PM

Saturday afterwards:
    *9:15 AM - 2:20 PM
    Personal Translation: Moutain Standard Time. (We went foward one hour today..woo.. (GMT -6:00 now)
    11:20AM - 4:30PM

11:15AM - 4:20pm

Not that this is a bad thing, I can catch a nap in the morning after work and then one in the evening if i need it.

11. - Top - End - #221

WhiteWizardGirl

I suggest this one for anybody who has a Good Attack bonus, but might not be melee. This'll give them some natural weapons, maybe some movement they don't normally have (In this case, Rysc)

2. “The second crest examined depicts a blazing fire of purple. The crest itself yields a rune slot on the back of it, in which an ever so small sphere of magma is inserted.”
    -The crest can have relics inserted into it to add special fortitude save effects, such as burning or freezing.
    This is a good one for whomever is likely to be the target..or in the target area of magical effects. At the moment, the most likely seems to be the Eidolon, Ser Knight! (Burning seems to be in effect right now, so resistant vs fire?) (I'm not sure what fort saves vs burning/freezing really come from)

3. “On this crest lies a green symbol resembling a book. A phrase lies on that back, ‘Intelligence’”
    -This crest holds a message which disappears each morning, allowing itself to be rewritten to any skill the user desires, giving a +3 bonus on any check related to it.
    Who's our SkillMonkey? If not them, then probally my dwarf for spellcraft or such checks....or intimidate. I seem to be doing well with that! hehe.

4. “The crest has a blue blade shown on the front. The back of the crest has a switch which does not seem to operate.”
    -Similar to the above, this one grants a bonus that can be changed out once per day, with the switch changing the symbol to either a sword (+2 AB) or a shield (+2 AC).
    This one works for anybody really; Anybodie's AC on the low side?

5. “The final crest displays an arm in orange. On the back there appears to be a rune slot holding a miniature arm of gold.”
    This would allow the user to have a third arm, eye, leg, or whatever else, based on the relic obtained. These are only temporary and exist only when the crest is activated.
    [/quote]
    Third arm..or eye or leg. At the moment seems to be arm...so it would allow a extra held item..or weapon? Not sure whom this might be best for.

I can't be the only one thinking of this (NSFW!!!! technically)

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

When I spoke of the fortitude save effects, I actually meant effects that are placed on the enemy. For example, the fire crystal inserted in the amulet would cause all weapons to be flaming

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

The one with the 3rd arm might be good for me, because Spellstrike & Spell Combat With a greatsword! Actually, no, because I'm gonna be a dervish build. Nevermind!
    Last edited by Mousedigits; 2014-03-09 at 10:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224

WhiteWizardGirl

Dervish Builds are usually two weapons right?

Wouldn't being able to apply your spells to one weapon still be beneficial to you?

15. - Top - End - #225

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMists View Post
    This one works for anybody really; Anybodie's AC on the low side?
    Mr. Eidolon could use this as his AC is awful for a melee fighter, and is his main weakness at this point.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Dervish Builds are usually two weapons right?

Wouldn't being able to apply your spells to one weapon still be beneficial to you?
    Not for a magus. A magus is very MAD(multi ability dependent) and so, by taking the dervish dance feat at 3rd level, doesn't have to put anyting into Strength. Not only tat, but the scimitar has a high crit range, which is very good for a magus.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

I'm going to make a sixth crest to accommodate everyone (we have 6 characters/5 players as of now)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

So, super packed weekend. I won't be available Saturday or Sunday morning, but this should be the only weekend like this for quite some time, so unless afternoon works we may just have to push it off another week. Then, some of us could do "We Be Goblins" this weekend if we wish. Otherwise we could just do Play By Post until next Saturday; that way we would further the story a bit. It's up to you guys, but I'm accepting of whatever is suggested.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't care. However, if we do PbP, then I can hop in on Thursday.

20. - Top - End - #230

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm okay holding out another week, Busy scheduling some dental work anyways; so Saturday open might help

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Im down for either way. Although, if we do cancel for this weekend it would allow me to stay where Imma be partyin tonight =)

22. - Top - End - #232

Holding off till next week or PbP works fine for me, as afternoons (or at least, what are afternoons for you) don't really work for me.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

So, this Saturday is cleared for the morning; I am thinking we should push it as early as possible to maximize session time, considering the next one may not be for a while. The major problem is that I won't be around most Saturday mornings after this coming one, so we might have to start working out new session times, if any are possible. I will be here Sundays and Saturday afternoons/evenings most of the time.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with saturday afternoons, and really anytime sunday. Just need to know WHAT time, so I can set my alarm so that I don't sleep in.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

25. - Top - End - #235

WhiteWizardGirl

Reminder: Forum Downage Coming Soon; Make Sure You Can Access Everything Offsite.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Reminder: Forum Downage Coming Soon; Make Sure You Can Access Everything Offsite.
    Agreed, let's all try to meet on roll20 as early as possible on Saturday

27. - Top - End - #237

So, then, going by your previous post, 9:15 PST tomorrow?

I may come in slightly later, but I should definitely be there by 9:30-ish, unless I suddenly and mysteriously lose power or something.
    Last edited by Rysc; 2014-03-21 at 08:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, guys, I've been away from wifi for a while. 9:15 PST is 11:15 CST, correct?
    Extended Signature

Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedigits View Post
    Sorry, guys, I've been away from wifi for a while. 9:15 PST is 11:15 CST, correct?
    It is indeed.

Also, a heads up: my internet has been acting up throughout the day, so I may join late (or join and then mysteriously disappear) tomorrow, but just start without me if this does happen.
    Last edited by Rysc; 2014-03-21 at 08:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

So, when's the next session?
    Extended Signature

Show