A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fighter Fix Class Feature Compendium

Fighter’s Resilience (Ex): [Defense] Beginning at Xth level the first time each encounter you need to make a save of a specific type (Fort, Ref, and Will) and would succeed on a 10 or lower you automatically succeed at the save and take no effect (as if you had Mettle and/or Evasion).

Whirlwind of Steel (Ex): [Offense] Beginning at Xth level whenever a Fighter strikes an opponent with a melee attack they may make another melee attack against another creature within their melee reach at the same bonus that they have not already struck as part of this ability. They may keep making these extra attacks until there is no creature they have not already struck as part of this attack or until they miss. A Fighter can do this with each attack in a full attack action, potentially striking every opponent in their melee reach once per attack they can make in a full attack.

Memetic Badass (Ex): [Social] The reputation of a fighter precedes them (and sometimes it's bigger than they are). Beginning at Xth level a fighter may declare who they are loudly and bombastically. Each creature that can hear them may make a Knowledge (local) check about them as a free action. Any creature that fails to succeed at a DC 30 +1/2 fighter level Knowledge (local) check, but which either did not make the check or got a total of at least 0, must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 fighter level + Charisma modifier) or be shaken for 1 minute, if they have HD 5 or more less than your character level they are frightened instead. This ability ignores immunity to mind-affecting effects, and type based immunity to fear, but fear immunity from other sources still applies and mindless creatures are immune. A creature that successfully makes its Will save is immune to this effect for 24 hours.

In addition a fighter gains a bonus on Intimidate checks and Bluff checks made to convince a target they have done some act of heroism equal to 1/2 their character level.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-02-25 at 05:31 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

And another day fully tabulated:

unbeliever536: Cut reality makes reference to "legendary subtle cut". Could you clarify the size of the portal before I add it to the main post?

Zaydos: For the moment, I'm rolling the [social], [lore], and most others tags associated with non-combat tasks into [utility]. If enough social abilities surface, I may start to grant different forms of utility their own tags, though.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Blade Surge (Ex): At level X (at least 6), you may make a full attack as a standard action.

Awakening of Steel (Su):
    Choose weapon and armor enhancements totaling an effective bonus of Fighter level/4. These bonuses are automatically applied to any weapon or armor you wield/wear, so long as that enhancement is compatible with that weapon or armor, and are removed 1 round after leaving your possession. If an enhancement is incompatible with a weapon or armor, it gains no benefit. These enhancements can be re-picked with 30 minutes of meditation and focus, requiring the same conditions needed for preparing spells (quiet, free of distractions, etc.).

Commendation to Seerow's Legendary fortitude. Very nicely written and very simple, yet applies to a huge number of situations and is just awesome in general.
    Last edited by Erberor; 2014-02-27 at 09:37 AM.
    "Bro, don't you even cast?" Azar, Dwarven Cleric

"There is a treasure chest ahead. It behooves us to investigate it thoroughly" -Tear

"I can't even understand this boat" -PBG

"It seems that potatoes are beyond my ability to comprehend..." -Me

I draw things sometimes

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Some stuff from my Myth that may not be too high of a power-level for general consumption:

Heroic Grappler
    After striking a foe with an unarmed strike, or any weapon which may be used to make a trip attempt, you may attempt to start a grapple as a free action. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity for doing so.

Legendary Grappler
    After successfully grappling a foe, you may make a second Grapple check as a move action. If it succeeds, you may wield the grappled foe as a weapon on subsequent turns. Grappled foes are two-handed weapons with a x2 crit modifier, dealing 2d6 damage, +2d6 for every size category over medium, -1d6 for every size category under medium, to a minimum of 1 damage-- to both the target of the attack and the grappled target. Grappled foes may attempt to escape from grapples normally. Alternately, you may throw a grappled creature, treating it as a throwing weapon with a range increment of five feet.

Mythic Grappler
    Once you have pinned your foe, make opposed grapple checks. If you succeed, your foe must make a Fortitude save. If he fails, you rip off an appendage. Creatures with 4 or more limbs of the same type reduce all penalties by half.

• The loss of an arm causes a creature to be unable to cast spells with somatic components, wield two-handed weapons, shields, or take any other activity which involves its off-hand. Its Strength modifier is reduced by half, it suffers a -4 penalty to any Strength or Dexterity-based checks, and a -2 penalty to all rolls due to pain and distraction.
    • The lost of a leg reduces a creature’s speed to one quarter normal. It suffers a -10 penalty to any check involving balance or movement (such as Climb or Tumble), a -4 penalty to Dexterity, and a -2 penalty to all rolls due to pain and distraction.
    • The lack of a head kills you. You're dead. If a creature has multiple heads, such as an Ettin, it instead takes half of its current maximum health in damage, and suffers a -4 penalty to all checks for one minute, due to disorientation. In addition, it loses any special attacks or qualities that depended on that head (such as the Ettin's Superior Two-Weapon Fighting)
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Pole Vault (Ex) [Utility]: Beginning at Xth level when wielding a two-handed pole weapon or staff a fighter may use it to propel themselves in a jump doubling their jumping distance and allowing them to jump more than their move speed as a single move action.

Leaping Strike (Ex) [Offense]: Beginning at Xth level when jumping a fighter may spend a standard action to make a single attack (melee or ranged) at any point during the jump.

Focused Strike (Ex) [Offense]: Beginning at Xth level a fighter may make a Focused Strike as a standard action. This attack gains a +2 to hit for every iterative attack the fighter would normally gain and deals 1.5 times damage if the fighter normally has 1 iterative attack, 2 times damage if the fighter normally has 2 iterative attacks, and 2.5 times damage if the fighter normally has 3 iterative attacks. A fighter can instead use this Focused Strike to perform a combat maneuver. If they do so for a sunder they gain the bonus to opposed attack rolls and multiplier for damage to damage dealt to the object; if a disarm check they merely gain the bonus to the opposed attack roll; if a grapple they gain a +2 bonus on the grapple check for every iterative they would normally possess, but this bonus on applies to the initial grapple check to start the grapple; if used for a bull rush, overrun, or trip they gain a +2 bonus to the Strength check per iterative they'd normally possess.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #36

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    unbeliever536: Cut reality makes reference to "legendary subtle cut". Could you clarify the size of the portal before I add it to the main post?
    Sorry, that should refer to "Cut the World". I'll fix it in my post now.

I'd also like to throw a commendation on Legendary Fortitude.
    Last edited by unbeliever536; 2014-02-26 at 07:46 PM.
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew:

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

I basically came up with this one when considering a feat-switching fighter as one of the fixes, since if you roll badly or don't have high point-buy it's going to be hard for you to afford certain feats even if you can switch them. I don't know if it's too fiddly or not, though... Also I'm not sure what you'd tag it with.

Combat Training (Ex): A fighter of Xth level adds a bonus equal to his fighter level to all abilities (i.e. Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma) for the purpose of fulfilling the prerequisites of his Bonus Feat class feature. This permits the fighter to qualify for combat feats despite lacking above-average abilities, and to continue using his feats even after sustaining ability damage or ability drain. This bonus is not applied to the fighter's attributes for any other purposes (such as save DCs or ability checks necessary to use these feats).

Spoiler: Example
    Show
    Tordek, a level 8 fighter with 8 Dexterity and 10 Wisdom, can take Stunning Fist as a fighter feat, since his effective Dexterity and Wisdom for feat prerequisites are 16 and 18, respectively. However, when utilizing the feat itself, he produces a saving throw DC of only 14, since his actual Wisdom modifier is only 0, added to the base DC of 10 plus ½ his character level.

At Yth level, the fighter is considered to fulfill the ability-based prerequisites for any of his fighter Bonus Feats automatically, and access to his feats cannot be undermined by ability damage or ability drain.
    Last edited by Thirdtwin; 2014-02-26 at 08:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Updated

Breaking with my normal posting pattern to reduce searching (and because they were submitted at once), cut reality was placed right after cut the world.

Thirdtwin: I'm listing it as offense for now as it's helping you gain your offensive feats, though It's quite possible that a [feat] tag may see use in the upcoming weeks and it will end up on this ability if so.

Also, I commend blade surge. It's the basic fighter action economy ability.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Also, I commend blade surge. It's the basic fighter action economy ability.
    nice job on keeping up

note, Blade surge should say Standard Action not Attack action in order to function in 3.5
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

10. - Top - End - #40

Consider Blade Surge changed to standard action. Just a fine example of how confused I can get.

"There is a treasure chest ahead. It behooves us to investigate it thoroughly" -Tear

I draw things sometimes

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erberor View Post
    Consider Blade Surge changed to standard action. Just a fine example of how confused I can get.
    not like i have much to stand on, currently both abilities i wrote need some measure of revision each to function as intended.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

Drow avatar @ myself

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Second Wind: A Fighter has a pool of second wind d12s equal to her level. When the Fighter rests for at least 1 hour she may choose to regain her second wind dice.

As a standard action or as part of a full defense action, you can "Take a Second Wind". This consists of rolling any number of these dice and adding her constitution modifier (once, not once per die). The fighter gains temporary HP equal to the least of the total damage the fighter has taken, or the roll. These temporary HP do not stack with another use of this ability, and last until she regains her second wind dice.

The second wind threshold is the fighter's class level from level 1 to 10, then it remains 10. Any second wind dice rolled at or under the threshold are not expended, and any second wind dice rolled over the threshold are expended.

If the fighter is regains HP while she has second wind temporary HP, all second wind temporary HP are lost and instead the fighter heals that amount of damage.

Feat Support:
    Spoiler
    Show

Improved Second Wind: Requires at least one die in your second wind pool. You gain an additional d12 second wind die, your second wind threshold is increased by 1, and whenever a second wind die lands on a 12 you may roll again and add the new die to your total (such extra dice are never expended).

Second Mobility: Requires fighter 5. Once per round as a free action you can roll any number of second wind dice then add your dexterity bonus and move that many feet. Second wind dice that roll under your threshold are expended as usual. If done in response to a ranged, melee, or touch attack, the attack roll still occurs, but gains a penalty to hit equal to half the number of feet you move. If it is a ranged attack, penalties from the cover at the destination location apply. If it is done in response to an area spell or similar effect, the movement happens after the effect's location is determined, but before the spell evaluates. If done in response to a non-attack roll spell, legality of the targeting after the movement must be checked, and if it fails the spell fails to target the fighter (and possibly fizzles).

Second Surge: Requires fighter 10. When you score a critical hit in a battle of CR within 4 of your level, you can Take a Second Wind as a free action. Afterwards, your second wind pool is refreshed.

Second Domination: Requires fighter 15. When making a skill check of a fighter class skill, you can roll any number of second wind dice (and add your intelligence bonus) and (except for intimidate) add this as a circumstance bonus to your check. For Intimidate, only take the highest second wind die (plus your intelligence bonus), including any extra dice from "Improved Second Wind".

Second Immortality: Requires fighter 20. You can "Take a Second Wind" whenever you make an attack roll. The temporary HP gained from "Second Wind" are no longer limited by your current damage, and you can choose how many are converted to healing when you regain HP. Whenever you slay a creature, you gain second wind dice back equal to the creature's HD.

Analysis & Design:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The primary goal was to provide a Fighter with a resource pool that means "adding a Fighter to the party increases party total durability as much as adding a Cleric". It isn't quite strong enough, but it helps.

The threshold trick makes it grow hyperbolically at higher levels. I was thinking of quadratically instead?

The feat support is a mixture of improvements and other uses for the resource. Mobility is a different kind of defensive mechanic, second surge provides a way to regain your pool faster, domination lets you do reasonably epic things with your skill checks (I checked, and only intimidate results in something purely broken), and immortality is aimed at making fighters reasonably tough against HP damage if they choose that feat. Probably immortality isn't good enough.
    Last edited by Yakk; 2014-02-28 at 10:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Fighter Fix Class Feature Compendium (50+ features)

Erberor: Edited to say standard action.

Yakk: I'm trying to avoid putting feats and stuff in the early slides but a link has been provided to your post for those interested.

On an interesting note, we have reached 55 class features (unless I've miscounted) in only 4 days. I guess that the high fix density will do that...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Honestly I'm surprised Ziegander hasn't shown up yet.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Realms of Chaos: I did a small tweak to the threshold (it is now the fighter class level, up to 10, then it doesn't go up, instead of half your fighter class level).

The rate of growth at low levels wasn't fast enough for my taste. Now a level 10 fighter can boost heals/generate temporary HP more than (6.5*10*6 = 390) HP over a day (or between 1 hour rests) without feat support (plus con multiple times).

A level 1 fighter adds ~7+con pseudo-helaing, while a level 1 cleric 4.5+wisdom.

A level 5 fighter ~56+ multiple con bonuses psuedo-healing, while a level 5 cleric ~45 plus multiple wisdom bonuses.

A level 10 cleric using level 1-4 spell slots (not domain, not bonus) on cure spells can heal 148.5 from healing dice, plus wis multiple times. (bonus and level 5 are not included).

Past level 11, heal makes it hard for the fighter to keep up. Each level 6+ spell is 110-150 HP healed, and the cleric gains 1-2 of them per level.

Each Fighter level grants merely +39 extra healing and pseudo-healing from 11 on up.

So my goal (the Fighter adding more total durability to the group, but less flexibility as the durability is in the Fighter, than a Cleric healbot) is achieved up to level 10-13 or so at least against HP damage.
    Last edited by Yakk; 2014-02-28 at 10:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yakk: Altered.

Seerow: I'm not too surprised that some people wouldn't join in. Not everyone wants to turn their hard work into a "public domain" resource.

17. - Top - End - #47

What? NO NEW FEATURES IN A WHOLE DAY? THIS MADNESS MUST END!

Strike of Absolute Annihilation (Ex)
    Beginning at level X you may attempt to annihilate your target with a single blow. As a standard action, make a single attack. If the attack hits, the targeted creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 Fighter level+Str mod) or be destroyed instantly, regardless of creature type. living creatures die, undead are destroyed, constructs collapse, and so on. Even if the save is successful, the target takes normal damage from the attack plus 8d6 extra damage. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your constitution modifier.

Indomitable (Ex)
    Beginning at level X, you may ignore all effects of a single ability, effect or spell that is acting against your interest in any way. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your constitution modifier.

Shatter the Skies (Ex)
    Beginning at level X, you may, as a standard action, cause an immense disruption in the air around you. This disruption causes all creatures and objects flying or levitating within Y ft/Fighter level to plummet to the ground, as though suddenly unable to fly. For the next Z rounds, no creature may fly or levitate by any means so long as they are within Y ft of you. This ability can be used X times per day.

This is a very shield oriented ability. As though it wasn't obvious.

Guardian's Sword (Ex)
    When wielding a one handed melee weapon and a shield, you may treat the one handed weapon as a two handed weapon for all purposes, gaining 1.5xSTR mod to damage, increased power attack returns, and so on. You do not gain this benefit if two weapon fighting or if the weapon is a light weapon.
    Last edited by Erberor; 2014-03-02 at 08:11 PM.

I draw things sometimes

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Updated!

Also, Indomitable doesn't make ANY sense (Yeah, I ignore the portal that the archers are firing through... or ignore the domination spell on my ally that makes him get in my way...) but it is also the only way for that ability to do what you intend so congrats on that.

19. - Top - End - #49

Indomitable has a very loose wording on purpose, to allow for maximum awesome-sauce, but I do wonder if I should tone it back a smidgen. Of course, it fits in perfectly with my imagination of the ideal fighter, someone who can shift reality by sheer strength of body and force of will.

I draw things sometimes

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erberor View Post
    Indomitable (Ex)
    Beginning at level X, you may ignore all effects of a single ability, effect or spell that is acting against your interest in any way. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your constitution modifier.
    Well, why don't we just indomitable the sun?

More features from me coming in a bit, probably.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Well, why don't we just indomitable the sun?
    You make an excellent point...though I still have trouble coming up with a way of having it remain a very flexible, open-ended ability while still making sense. The best I can think of is to limit it to ignoring effects directly pertaining to the fighter.

That way, indomitable-ing the sun would just mean that the sun wouldn't do anything to YOU. It would still shine just as fiercely on all your poor friends...but that does make me think that there should be a time limit on how long you can ignore permanent effects...

As a potential fix, how about this?

Indomitable (Ex)
    Beginning at level X, you may ignore all effects of a single ability or spell that is affecting you in any way. If the ability or spell is permanent or ongoing, you ignore its effects for one minute per fighter level. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your constitution

I draw things sometimes

22. - Top - End - #52

This thread is not allowed to die. Why? Because it's just too awesome. Some of these abilities are really quite good, and I want to see more! MOAR!

So, here's another small ability from myself.

Glorybound (Ex): Beginning at level X, the duration of all beneficial effects is is doubled for you only, and the duration of all detrimental effects is halfed for you only, to a minimum of one round.

I draw things sometimes

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Really like some of these fixes, keep 'em coming. The following are some I use in my campaigns.

Fast Feet (Ex): A fighter’s movement speed increases by 10’ at 5th level, and by an additional 10’ at 10th, 15th, and 20th level.

Battlefield Control (Ex): Starting at 5th level, the fighter may take an additional 5’ step in a combat round as a free action. He gains an additional 5’ step at 10th, 15th, and 20th level. This is in addition to the normal move action the fighter can take in a round.

Quick to Move (Ex): When a fighter uses a move action during a round he can move up to his speed and still use a full attack action at the end of his movement. A fighter may make a double move and take a standard action at the end of his move. Starting at 10th level, the fighter is able to ignore the effects of difficult terrain on his movement speed. At 15th level he can run, or charge, across difficult terrain as a normal move action.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Apologies for the missed update. Was performing an all-night movie marathon.

Everything is up to speed now.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I have just one that I can add to this that I'm tweaking from a mythic path I was working on.

Seize the Night (ex): A fighter of X/Y/Z level can remain in his original position in initiative after a readied action or delayed action,. If the fighter readies an action, but does not take the readied action before the start of his next turn, the fighter may take a (move/standard/full round) action. This action occurs just before your normal action.
    Last edited by Kamai; 2014-03-08 at 12:00 AM.
    http://superrunner2003.wordpress.com/ - A blog of my personal Pathfinder homebrew material

26. - Top - End - #56

Well... this is a pretty neat idea. Instead of using a fighter fix class, you can use this compendium to mix and match a fighter fix to your liking... Lets add in some suggestions that I feel could work. Taken from a WIP class based around the Combat Focus Feat.

Renewed Focus (Ex): Whenever you would lose Combat Focus during an encounter, as a immediate action you can renew your Combat Focus for another 10 rounds, +1 for each Combat Focus Feat.

Swift Focus (Ex): Your ability to become focused on a battle is becoming easier to slip into. At Xth level, you can become combat focused as a swift action once per encounter
    Last edited by Tempestfury; 2014-03-08 at 12:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

And updated for the day

Tempestfury: I don't know if this is a problem but I decided to un-blue your feats for the big gallery. While I know that the blue is your thing, it would seem a bit unfair to make anyone's work innately more eyecatching.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

And updated for the day

Tempestfury: I don't know if this is a problem but I decided to un-blue your feats for the big gallery. While I know that the blue is your thing, it would seem a bit unfair to make anyone's work innately more eyecatching.
    unless of course you alternated the color of every other ability to better confer separation

Drow avatar @ myself

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    unless of course you alternated the color of every other ability to better confer separation
    It'll be a RAINBOW of awesome!

I draw things sometimes

30. - Top - End - #60

And updated for the day

That's fine. Got to keep things fair after all.

Anyway, I give a Commendation to the Master of Many Styles Feat.
    Last edited by Tempestfury; 2014-03-09 at 08:51 AM.