New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default A God Of Teamwork??

I'm DMing a game right now where the PCs are all different, so I figured a god-figure could united them all. Is there a god of teamwork?? If not, how would you make one?
    I'll race you to the top of the spire.

HOW TO ROLL ON THE FORUM SITE:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Orlove View Post
    For example: [roll=Spot ]1d20+5[/roll ] would show up (without the extra spaces) as a normal roll.
    There's also [rollv=NameOfRoll]xdy+z[/rollv] which will show you all the individual rolls, eg: [rollv=strength ]4d6[/rollv ] gives you 4 rolls, and their sum.
    [roll=strength ]4d6b3[/roll ] gives you the best 3 of the 4 rolls

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: A God Of Teamwork??

Well, I wrote a god of community, which is basically the same thing. Comfort through familiarity and success through cooperation.

Lamentea

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like VT's. If you're looking for a core common god go with Pelor. All races feel the benefit of the sun.

Except the undercommoners, but about 4/5's of them are bad guys anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrTenko View Post
    TimeWizard, you've got to do something about all that Clarity you've got. It starts by just ruining jokes, but soon you'll be dreaming of electric sheep and stuff. It can't be good for you.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I once had a god of 'adventurers.' Since adventurers generally work together, as a team, teamwork was an important part of his faith.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Community domain and some combination of Courage, Competition, Luck, Planning, Protection... Neutral alignment...figuring it's important to be accepting of your teammates and able to embrace different ideas...
    Proud Supporter of Cleric Rights

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would use the Tribble's goddess, but she's rather meloncholy, and dosn't fit the campaign world. I need someone more upbeat, like people in Ysgard, but with an acceptance, not an obsession with death.

I guess, what I need is a way to create my own deities. Besides bying Demigods and Deities, where else can I find those rules? Does the SRD have them??

For example: [roll=Spot ]1d20+5[/roll ] would show up (without the extra spaces) as a normal roll.
    There's also [rollv=NameOfRoll]xdy+z[/rollv] which will show you all the individual rolls, eg: [rollv=strength ]4d6[/rollv ] gives you 4 rolls, and their sum.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

The SRD does:
    http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineRanksPowers.htm
    http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divine...ainsSpells.htm
    http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm

But really all you need is one stat: God. unless the players are on the extreme epic scale it's not as though the god's stats will be a major issue.

A 'god of teamwork' seems a little bit too after-school special to me frankly (although that could be funny), and it also makes you wonder why this god is focusing on this particular team (are they doing something to promote teamwork in general?). It might be better to pick a god that relates more to the team's goals and nature than simply to the fact that they're a group.
    My Webcomic:

Now in color!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's not a kids game, but you're probably right. The problem is that there are a lot of characters, and it's hard to put them all under one banner, unless I did a sort of mind game/dire situation kind of plot, which I am not.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Concordia: Roman goddess was the goddess of agreement, understanding, and harmony. Also known as Harmonia in Greek mythology. Her better known opposite is Discordia/Eris, who's gotten a lot more play in popular culture.

You can also just go with an "All Father" type god, like Odin or Zeus. They can represent lots of things.