A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 73
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    9th of Pharast, 4709

    It's been more than a week already since you set out together from Solku. Eight dry, dusty, dreary days atop tired, smelly camels as part of a caravan.

    "It'll be safe enough," Garavel had promised in Solku, "And the rewards for doing the work of a merchant-princess will be extensive, I assure you..."

    There hadn't been any rewards yet, though, and safety? Daj, one of the caravan guards, hadn't seemed particularly safe when he'd woken up in the middle of the night with an asp in his bedroll. His dying screams as the poison ran through his bloodstream had made sure no one slept for the rest of that night. He certainly wouldn't be enjoying Princess Almah's rewards.

    As you all travel across the northern scrublands of Katapesh, you can just make out the immense outline of the Pale Mountains looming over the mid-evening horizon like a vast, distant tombstone. Your guides haven't told you where they are taking you, but from the way they pat the camels and the dry, weary remarks they make to one another in their own tongue, you are certain that your unknown destination draws near.

    DC 12 Knowledge (Geography)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are on a direct course toward a famous landmark referred to as The Sultan's Claw, an old dead tree shaped like its namesake. If that is your destination, then you are indeed very close.


    *****

    If you guys want to take a post to introduce yourselves, that'd be an excellent idea. You've all been traveling with this caravan for over a week, so you'd have definitely met and become acquainted. Just make sure you mention what you look like and how you act while in this caravan.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Smileybastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Andanak

    Andanak H'fa appears to be a typical Badawi nomad from the southern desert regions. His hair and eyes are dark and on the wild side. He has well trimmed facial hair.



    He is clearly used to a simpler and harder life than civilized folks and at the beginning of the trip he seemed very excited, but as time has gone on he has become less so. He is clearly looking forward to some excitement. He has consistently volunteered for any scouting that needed to be done. The snake bite incident didn't seem to really impact him much.

    Beyond this he seems content and happy with life.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the gates of hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Martrak has a harder time on the journey, as he is used to a more city life, but he manages to adjust quickly.

    he stays on his own durring the traveling portions and prays every morning before most are up and every night just before he goes to sleep. the asp event left him up the rest of the night, praying for the gods to take daj into their own

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    -Laura hums as she rides the camel, not a care in the world, she was just so excited she gets to prove herself. She sings an old melody from her village as they ride. Her voice soft and beautiful"


    crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+4)[18] perform singing
    Last edited by Cogsrow; 2014-02-28 at 03:46 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Chumani, a tall man even for a Half Gaint, is clearly at home in the desert but seams to take no joy in life seaming to approach this as just another job.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jötunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Fourecks

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Kite does not sleep soundly the night that Daj finds his final rest, but neither is she particularly sentimental about his passing the next morning. "Asps will bite and people will die - that is the way of life," she is heard to say. She gives silent thanks to any god that will listen that it was not her sleeping bag that the asp decided to crawl into, and that is the end of it.

    For the rest of the trip, she has been quiet and sure of purpose, knowing that what she searches for may be soon at hand. Her wrist is constantly curling towards the spears strapped to her back whenever she feels cause to be wary of danger.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    None at the moment...
    Amazing White Mage Avatar by Shades of Gray

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    GM Post

    After days of riding through the dusty, dry, cracked landscape, you are at last drawing near your destination. You round a rocky bend of the endless trail and, not far ahead of you, you can suddenly make out a craggy tree rising over the next hill.

    "Sultan's Claw," one of your guides breaths, "See how those five great leafless branches rise up from the tree? They are like the taloned claw of a skeleton. It is said-"

    The words die on your guide's lips, though, as you top the last rise and the camp comes into sight. Spread out below you is a caravan of half a dozen wagons and a large tent clustered around the tree called Sultan's Claw. Camels in a nearby pen prance in agitation. A clutch of confused goats and livestock wander the grounds around the wagons. Nearly a dozen men and women rush around the campsite, chasing down the loose animals or hastening toward the center of the cluster with pails of water in their hands. There in the center, the wagon closest to the tent is on fire.

    Lush orange and red flames engulf the elaborate wooden wagon, which is emblazoned with painted moons and stars. A gout of smoke pours from the open door and, as you approach, an ill wind blows a number of colorful fortune-telling Harrow cards from inside the wagon. One of the singed cards blows against Martrak's chest with a burst of orange cinders.

    DC 10 Knowledge (Arcana or Religion)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Harrow card is The Cyclone, a card that signifies a force that tears through whatever it meets at the behest of an intelligent being.

    DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Cyclone portends war, arson, and destructive plans.


    As the card is carried away by the wind, blowing off of Martrak's chest, it passes by the dried tree that is called Sultan's Claw and suddenly, the entire tree is a blazing inferno.

    The central flap of the large, elaborate tend suddenly flies open and a regal woman who can only be Princess Almah steps out into the firelit night. Her face is tanned by the desert sun, but her cheeks are flush with life; a desert flower.

    "Douse that flame!" she shouts to the men surrounding the wagon before turning in your direction. The man who'd hired you hurries towards her. "Ah, Garavel! Just a moment later than the nick of time, as usual."

    Her voice is proud, but carries more amusement than condescension. She looks past her major-domo, directly at your group. "Find some way to help; quickly!" she orders you.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Untrained Knowledge check (1d20+1)[18]
    Chumani grabs heavy blanket and uses it to smother the fire.
    Last edited by somethingrandom; 2014-03-05 at 07:32 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the gates of hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Martrak will move within range of the tree, and fire beams of frost

    Spoiler
    Show
    casting ray of frost on the tree in hopes that will help, it is a cantrip

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jötunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Fourecks

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Kite is already moving, but there's not much extra she can do but to join the people hurrying towards the tree with water. She snatches up a bucket and hastens to fight the fire presumably consuming the tent.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    None at the moment...
    Amazing White Mage Avatar by Shades of Gray

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    -Laura blinks and hops off her horse and rushes to the fire and looks for something to smother the flames with-

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Smileybastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Andanak

    Andanak watches all the people fight the fire. He would help, but there seems enough people and adding more would likely just cause more chaos.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.


  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    GM Post

    Round 1


    *****

    Kite

    There are several people getting pails of water from an uncovered wagon about twenty feet away containing a massive wooden barrel. While fully, it would contain enough water for twenty people to last a week. One man sits by the barrel and is filling the pails with water as people approach. They then move back to the burning wagon and splash it on the fire.

    You quickly catch on and grabs your own pail. It is filled with water, and you can then move to the fire. One quick toss of the water and your pail is empty again. The constant use of the pails of water seems to be having a small effect, though at this rate, it could be a while before the fire is out completely.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, despite its close proximity, the tent is not on fire. It seems far enough away that it is in no danger, though there is another wagon butted up against the burning one that could be in trouble soon...


    *****

    Chumani and Laura

    You both hunt for large blankets or similar implements with which to battle the fire. It isn't hard to find blankets, but none seem like they'd be particularly effective for smothering a fire that's this out of control. In your search for large blankets or the like, however, you find that most of the blankets are in use by a red-headed halfling cleric who is kneeling over two severely burned mercenaries, one a man and the other a women. The man appears to be in great pain but stable, while the woman is obviously dying.

    *****

    Martrak

    Seeing that the tree is now burning as well as the wagon, you rush toward it and begins casting one of your cantrips. A quick word, a sudden gesture, and a ray of glowing blue shoots from your hands. It strikes the tree in the midst of the fire to little effect. The fire melts the ice as it forms, but you keep at it, moving the beam up and down the tree, freezing the unburned parts first and moving closer to the fire, containing it.

    Perhaps it is due to the dry wood of the tree, or perhaps the fire simply hadn't gotten to its full power yet, but the ray of frost seems to be containing the fire on the tree, at least for now. Unfortunately, the fire on the nearby wagon still rages out of control.

    *****

    Andanak

    From your position with the camels, you can see the entire situation. You can see that the wagon is still burning, and guesstimate that, with the numbers of people rushing water to it now and the effect the water is having, it could still take a fair bit of time to put it out. You can see the wagon next to the fire, too; four burly mercenaries are struggling with the enclosed wagon in an attempt to move it, but are obviously having no luck. On the other side of the camp, you see the cleric and the two wounded mercenaries, one of whom is clearly dying. You can also see a modest collection of pigs, goats, and sheep running wild through the camp. A middle-aged man and his wife are chasing them left and right but are having no luck in catching them. The fire consuming the tree, for now at least, appears to be contained by Martrak.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Chumani rushes over to help the men move the wagon.
    Strength (ignore if unnecessary)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the gates of hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Martrak, once he puts out the tree, will move towards the wagon and repeat, aiming for the fires closest to the second wagon that isnt on fire

    Horaay for cantrips

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Smileybastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Andanak

    Andanak puts down his bow and sprints towards the wagon they are trying to move. As he does he looks for the source of water.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[24]


    Arriving at the wagon he throws himself into the wagon to move it.
    Last edited by Smileybastard; 2014-03-06 at 09:10 AM.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jötunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Fourecks

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Kite continues running water back and forth - it may not be extremely effective but her skills lie elsewhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed that the puff of smoke from the tent meant it was on fire. Oh well. Anyway, there's not much more that I can really do, so...
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    None at the moment...
    Amazing White Mage Avatar by Shades of Gray

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    GM Post

    Round 2


    *****

    Chumani and Laura

    As they look for something to smother the fire, Chumani is suddenly distracted by the sight of the second wagon and breaks off his search to rush to the aid of those trying to push the wagon. Laura keeps looking and, after several seconds, spots an extra tarp for one of the wagons all folded up nearby. She rushes to it and grabs it, then starts running for the burning wagon. It may not be much, but it will certainly help!

    *****

    Martrak and Kite

    Martrak lets up with his polar ray and, to the relief of the few who are able to notice, the flames do not flare to life again. The tree is safe, for the time being. The clever mage shifts his aim now to the greater threat, but the ice melts before it even reaches the blackened wood of the wagon. The air is too hot for the thin magic of the cantrip, and is preventing Martrak from freezing enough of the wagon to make a difference.

    Right on cue, Kite arrives with another bucket of water, though, and tosses its contents onto the blaze.. There is a loud hiss of water turning to steam, but the fire withdraws ever so slightly from the splash.

    *****

    Chumani (again) and Andanak

    The two men strain and struggle to push the wagon forward, muscles bulging. The mercenaries alongside grunt and puff, everyone working together. Suddenly, the wagon lurches as its wheels begin to turn. All six men are turning crimson with the effort, but the wagon is moving! One inch forward, then another, and another, and then it is rolling now, forward, forward... several feet, several yards, and then it is out of harm's way, far enough away that there is no danger of a second fire.

    "Thanks," one of the mercenaries grunts, nodding appreciation to Chumani and Andanak before moving briskly towards the water wagon to get pails of their own.

    *****

    Everyone

    The central wagon continues to burn as flames lick through the top of it and ashes and smoke billow out steadily towards the starlit sky. As four more mercenaries join in the bucket brigade, the fight against the fires grows yet more desperate.

    "Keep that water moving!" Almah shouts urgently, "Someone get those animals under control!"

    One of the mercenaries moves to obey Almah and dives at one of the terrified goats, but misses and ends up landing hard on his stomach. The princess doesn't even notice, though, as her attention returns to the fire. She moves from person to person in the line, shouting encouragement.

    The red haired priest on the other side of camp, on the other hand, looks more dire than ever. He looks worriedly at the dying woman, but at the moment his hands are tied up as he treats the man's injuries.

    "Nethys help me, I need more hands..." he murmurs.
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-03-12 at 04:40 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Smileybastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Andanak

    Andanak see the mercenary struggling with the animals and moves to deal with the animals. He says "Calm down, you will only care them more." Andanak speaks to the animals soothingly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Empathy (1d20)[19]
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.


  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the gates of hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Martrak will race over to the priest and attempt to aid him in stablizing the injured

    Spoiler
    Show
    heal roll:(1d20+6)[14]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    GM Post

    Round 3


    *****

    Andanak

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Empathy converted to Handle Animal for a grand total of 22; Success!


    Your words have a much greater effect on the animals than the mercenaries chasing them. A goat stops to look at you as the strange words pass your lips. It seems pacified by your manner, and the middle aged man who'd originally been chasing the animals is able to approach the creature and get a firm grasp on it.

    The older man who was originally trying to catch the animals looks open-mouthed at Andanak.

    "That was incredible, my friend!" he exclaims, "You have a gift! If you can help me regather this lot, I would be eternally grateful to you!"

    *****

    Martrak

    You rush away from the blaze and settle in next to the red-haired halfling. He glances at you quickly, but seeing that you know what you are doing, he turns his attention back to the man.

    The dying woman is very badly burned. A cursory once over reveals to you that she is only moments from death; it is only by the blessing of the gods that she yet lives at all. You immediately begin to do what you can for her. An ointment for her burns is simple enough, but she has inhaled a great deal of smoke as well, and if she does not come out of shock, nothing will matter anyway.

    While what you are doing is having some effect, it doesn't look to be enough. You can see that her condition continues to worsen. If she is to be saved, it will have to be soon.

    *****

    Everyone

    The fire in the wagon continues to burn, despite bucket after bucket of water being poured on it. The smoke spirals, up, up into the night sky as the bright orange flames lick at the smoldering roof of the wagon.
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-03-19 at 02:48 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the gates of hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    WAIT IVE GOT IT

    Martrak will use the sorcer celestial bloodline power HEAVENLY FIRE(here's hoping shes not evil)

    roll for heals (1d4+1)[4] well not bad, hope 4 hit points is enough
    Last edited by thatonesungod; 2014-03-17 at 01:33 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Smileybastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Andanak

    "Thanks."
    Andanak tries to gather the animals as best he can, by speaking soothingly and moving slower.
    "Lets move a bit slower and speak calmly to them. They are scared.."
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Chumani is loathed to be using so much water but grabes a bucket and helps to put out the fire.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    GM Post

    Round 4


    *****

    Martrak

    Realizing that mundane healing just isn't enough for the dying woman, you are forced to take a chance. Being of an angelic bloodline, you hold within you the power to heal those of righteous bearing. Your hands begin to glow with golden white energy.

    Any who are touched by this celestial beam will be filled, inside and out, with its holy power. If the subject has a wicked heart, however, the fire will cleanse them with flames, devouring and, more often than not, greatly harming them. If they are of a kinder sort, it will heal them and fill them with heavenly light. Unfortunately, you have no way of knowing what kind of woman it is that you are healing. All you can do is hope.

    The light lances away from your hands and washes over the burnt woman. Her body jerks as the light strikes her, and for a moment, her muscles convulse and she spasms, The light surrounds her and engulfs her, completely bathing her in its radiance... and then, just like that, it's over. The light is gone. Your hands are clean and empty, bereft of any kind of ray. As for the woman on the ground-

    "Nethys be praised, you saved her!" the halfling priest exclaims, despite his focus on his own patient.

    He quickly closes his unhinged mouth and returns to his own work, but not before saying quietly, "Thank you. I shall make sure she knows it was you who saved her."

    *****

    Andanak

    The man tries to mimic your approach, tag teaming each animal that you move towards in the hopes of calming and catching more, before they've all run off into the desert.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So apparently the forum's die roller hates me now. I had to roll on another site, but I linked the rolls. Bleagh...

    Aid Anoather: (1d20+2)[22]
    Andanak's Handle Animal: (1d20+3)[18]


    Together, you and the older man are able to grab up several more of the animals. One after another is herded back towards the enclosure, where a middle-aged woman ties them off or puts them in a pen.

    "Just a few more now," the man helping you says eagerly, "Just a few more...".

    *****

    Chumani

    You take another bucket of water from the large water cart. You can hear the water sloshing around inside the massive water barrel as it drains its contents into your bucket; there is still an incredible amount of water to be used, enough that you could keep at it all night if need be.

    You rush past the lines of people with their buckets and hurl the water once more onto the burning wagon. The effects of all the buckets of water are starting to be more apparent now as the fire is getting smaller and smaller.

    "Yes!" Princess Almah cries out, "See how it is working?! Keep it up! More water!"
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-03-19 at 03:21 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the gates of hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Seeing the doctor continue his work Martrak will see if his aid is required with the other paitent

    if so heal roll (1d20+6)[19]

    if not going to attempt to ray of frost the cart again hoping that the efforts of everyone will make it work this time. if the ice does melt immediately again ill aim above so a little more water gets on the cart, cause thats what's important

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Smileybastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Andanak

    Andanak looks around for the animals that were missed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[11]
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Chumani continues grabing buckets of water to though over the fire taking two buckets at a time if another bucket is available (I am assuming Chumani is strong enough to take two backets at a time but that does not seam an unreasonable assumption.)

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    GM Post

    Martrak


    With the woman stabilized for the time being, you move over to the man being treated by the halfling priest. This is a much less dire case, you can see, though the priest seems to be having a hard time on his own. Like the woman, this mercenary appears to be badly burned in many places.

    You take up the burn ointment and focus on applying it to the man's wounds so the old priest can begin to pray. A glowing bronze light emanates from him and the man gasps, his breathing becoming much deeper.

    "Thank you, lad," the halfling says, wiping his hands on his robes, "You saved their lives. You got a name?"

    *****

    Andanak

    You can see several more animals running around, but they're scattering like leaves in the wind. You try to run a few down, as does the old man, but the two of you just aren't quick enough to catch them. All around, it feels like bad luck.

    *****

    Everyone

    With Chumani hurling two buckets at once on the fire, the last of the flames disappear, replaced by hot steam and thick smoke from the wagon. One more bucket from Garavel ends even the smoke.

    For several seconds, the only sound is the wind and the terrified shriek of an animal somewhere nearby.

    "Damn..." Princess Almah curses suddenly, turning an about face to march away from the scorched wagon. Garavel quickly jumped to follow after her.

    "I am sorry, my princess. We have lost one of our own-"
    "We lost a lot of water, Garavel, and a wagon, and several animals, and time, and even my astrologer. This is a disaster!" Almah interrupts loudly, heedless of those nearby.

    Naturally, the entire camp is listening intently, not so much as averting their eyes from the angry princess.

    "Things are not so bad," Garavel replies evenly, "We will not die of thirst; not with so many gnolls in these lands."

    Almah turns once again to stare balefully at the major-domo.

    "Am I supposed to be comforted by that?" she asks incredulously.

    "Apologies, princess. Perhaps you will be comforted in that more of our party has arrived?" Garavel suggests.

    Almah turns to glower at each of you in turn, finally letting her gaze come to rest on Kite and Chumani. As she does so, her fiery expression softens, and she actually smiles slightly.

    "Yes, I suppose that is true..." she says, stroking her chin, "Tell me Garavel, how does a wagon suddenly catch fire?"

    Garavel blinks at the question.

    "Perhaps someone dropped a torch, or knocked a candle from a table, Princess?" the major-domo suggests.

    "Or maybe one of our own started the fire," the princess counters, her lip twisting as she looks into the faces of each of her guards and mercenaries, "But since they weren't here when the fire started, obviously I can trust them with the investigation. See to it, Garavel. I wish to retire for the evening. I will be in my tent."

    Garavel bows low.

    "As you wish, Princess," he replied.

    Once she has vanished into her tent, activity starts again at the camp as everyone begins moving at once. Everyone is whispering and talking, and there are more than a few suspicious stares between the mercenaries. Garavel sighs and shakes his head slightly before approaching the group of you.

    "I trust you heard that?" he asks mildly.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the gates of hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (IC)

    Martrak Will reply to the Priest person

    "i am martrak servant of Nethys"


    Once he hears the investigation orders martrak will return to the other two members of the investigation party(the other pcs) and will await their commands.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •