New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Typical Werewolf - Loosely Based on Classic

Not bothered to post on the first day and recent events have conspired to waste my muse so my character will likely make an entrance on the second day.

However, I'm making a job as Callan the Blacksmith, a reliable but taciturn person who rarely speaks to anyone, though he's almost always the first to be there to break up trouble and to stop hysteria.He isn't a normal person, and his eyes glitter dark and unreadable behind the gruff beard, and he seems to dislike moving figures anywhere in his vicinity when he's working his craft. If you can actually get him to speak, though, he is apparently a very well read fellow and is willing to debate his opinion calmly.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

No PMs, people. Why am I hearing about PMs after they're sent?

I'll give Lex-Kat permission to poke people, though. For today only! Giant knows I don't have the PM box space for it.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-04-09 at 12:18 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #303

Point at Sabeki as punishment that he didn't sent in his actions for RPS yesterday

And I don't want an active player lynch on day 1 in this game, honestly. No matter if it helps the wolves or not.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Why are we voting for people who are not here? If they're going to be auto-lynched, then it's a pointless vote, thereby allowing the wolves a free kill. Hence, Dingdong, Basket, and Legato are suspicious, as they're encouraging us to waste our votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    This game is based on fun, rather than winning. If you don't like fun or only play to win, this may not be the game for you.
    I'm not going to spoil somebody's fun just to avoid possibly giving the wolves a slight advantage. This isn't a seriously competitive game, so Chessgeek gets my vote.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Point at bladescape because I'm already RPing a smith, and this Town ain't big enough for the both of us!

Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

6. - Top - End - #306

INTO THE ZAR BAR

Eli enters the bar. People had been giving him suspicious looks all day, and for what reason? Why should someone accuse their fellow man for no good reason! So maybe he'd sold a few things that didn't work. Or actively tried to work against the users! It wasn't his fault that his partner bought from apprentice mages! Well, Ok, he could probably stop that, but still.
    He sat down at the bar, waving for the bartenders attention.
    " Excuse me, he said. "Could I get some Wragtown Whiskey? I need something to boost my spirits. All these people have a murderin' look in their eye toward me, why I oughta... Well, I oughta get real drunk first, because might as well go out in a blaze of glory, right?" Eli rambled to the bartender.
    Bet that Peddler (Count DingDong) Set them on me. He thought to himself, scheming how to get the other merchant on the small village back.

((Seriously though, why'd everybody vote for me I feel worried.))
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Halfling in the Playground

)(I just want to know why I was listed as a seller of junk.
    Also, I will be voting as befits my character, and that's all I will do. Unless someone can make a convincing argument IC, Val Kanias will have to lynch whoever seems the most wolflike IC, regardless of OOC debates.)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey, Count? Did you see the post where I went to talk to your character?

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

((I'm really sorry, but only a short post today, will try to actually get some RP out this weekend. Pointing at BasketOfPuppies because it's the first name I saw looking back at previous posts.))
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Chessgeek

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BourgeoisJerry View Post
    I'm not going to spoil somebody's fun just to avoid possibly giving the wolves a slight advantage. This isn't a seriously competitive game, so Chessgeek gets my vote.
    Alright, I'm sorry. The last and first game I played in was Monty Werewolf, and I got killed straight off by the wolves to see if the wolf kills were going through and test their scry. So I'm a little adversarial. I apologize, though, seriously. My previous experiences give me no right to be a jerk.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Day one is now over. Narration sometime.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    )(I just want to know why I was listed as a seller of junk.)(
    Ah, it was this part here, though I guess it makes you more of a collector of junk? I think I just got into the frame of mind that we had a lot of merchants, so someone connected with "useless junk" would reasonably be a seller of it. Actually, it's called "Merchant's Tent of Worthless Wares," so that's where I got seller. Sorry if I was wrong about that; I posted the chart so corrections can be made!

And on that note, I'll definitely be posting an updated list whenever I feel like updating the vote tally. ((Which, now that day's over, will likely be next day...))

@Tanar, no I don't think I did. I think I saw the Lady and then started skimming. It helps if Peddler is capitalized when referencing my character. I'll see it more easily. I'll get to that...

Oh, and day ended sometime while I was writing this. Well, I suppose I can still RP?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    Next, he approaches the peddler's booth. He asks the newcomer, "I see you're new here. Well, welcome to my town! Well, it's everybody's town, but it's been mine the longest." He chuckles. "Anyhow, I'm just stopping by to see if you've had any experience with werewolves. I expect you're well travelled."
    The Peddler nods at the man as he speaks to him. He then responds, a bit of a scoff in his tone. "Wolves, yes. They pop up every so often when one travels. Men-wolves? Poppycock. It's some elaborate scheme, and I bet someone's got something to hide in those mines. That's the real reason, I tell you. I may be new here, but sometimes that's just what people need. Werewolves, pheh. Who comes up with this lunacy?"

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

No posting at night, actually. It's in the rules.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Day 1:

As the Rardmuk Clan gathered through the town, it was evident that people were less than thrilled. One man in particular, a C. S. Milton, sat at his booth selling games and toys as always. It wasn’t much of a living, he admitted, but he liked seeing smiles. And he wasn’t above a couple of games that involved dealings above and below the table, either. But for today, he had forsaken the puppets he usually put so much effort into displaying. As one of the Clansmen passed by, he nodded, then offered loudly, "Do you want to play a game?" He sat behind a chessboard, pieces prominently displayed. Interestingly enough, one of the knights was absent from Milton’s side of the board.
    "Your knight."
    Milton nodded, smiling. "It’s no fun for me if I don’t play with a bit of a handicap."
    "Put it back. I’m no coward."
    Milton shook his head. "I insist."
    "…Fine."

As the Rardmuk Clan gathered before the mines, one brave member of the town stood with them. He seemed nervous, and no one could remember his name, but he was decked in armor from one smithery and weaponry from the other. The Clan waved off, then descended into the mines. They traveled for what seemed like ages, finding nothing but old mining equipment. The wolves must be far down. Finally, they reached a fork in the path. Not just a fork, a full cavern of passageways. Each took a single path, the Clansmen less than concerned about numbers. The knight took his own path as well, although he didn’t really want to. After some travel, one of the Clansmen, the one who had played the game of chess earlier, stumbled across something cold and large in the middle of the floor. He lit a torch, having relied on his keen senses moments before. He froze; there, on the floor, lay the knight he had stumbled over. He had been bisected, and his innards were strewn about. On the wall, written in blood, read, "Do you want to play a game?"
    The Clansman heard a noise behind him and turned sharply. There stood one of the werewolves. Claws dripping with blood and fangs still glistening from the fresh kill, it leapt at the Clansman. The man parried a couple of blows from the wolf, finally forcing his weapon into its jaws, keeping them from closing. As the beast struggled to remove its gag, he struck a killing blow to the back of its neck.
    The other members of the Rardmuk Clan had already returned, nothing of note in their search. As the final man returned, he threw the wolf’s head to the foot of the mayor.
    "This beast was found in your mines! In life, he was the kindly gamemaster who sat with his puppets and his toys! This serves as a reminder that anyone here could be a wolf!"
    With that, the Clan disappeared, leaving the villagers to ponder their situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chessgeek was lynched. He was the Puppeteer, the Wolf Alpha. (What? Alpha?)

Everyone, check your QTs.

Missed one Day:
    Spoiler
    Show
    DoctorWhooves
    Cuthalion
    Pseudo Nym
    LoP
    Elemental
    The Mad Hatter
    bladescape
    Madmal
    Mahonri Violist
    breathandpaper
    C'Nor

Player List:
    Spoiler: Table
    Show
    Player Killed? Role
    01 Sabeki
    02 banjo
    03 Tanar Aerdoth
    04 BasketofPuppies
    05 firedaemon
    06 Lex-Kat
    07 Zar Peter
    08 DoctorWhooves
    09 Cuthalion
    10 Pseudo Nym
    11 Chessgeek Lynched Day 1 Puppeteer, Wolf Alpha
    12 LoP
    13 Count Dingdong
    14 Aventine
    15 Elemental
    16 Nonayer
    17 BourgeoisJerry
    18 aric_kale
    19 The Mad Hatter
    20 bladescape
    21 Elder Tsofu
    22 The Fiery Tower
    23 mangosta
    24 Legato Endless
    25 Gnrlshrimp
    26 Madmal
    27 Mahonri Violist
    28 Duck
    29 breathandpaper
    30 EmeraldRose
    31 C'Nor

Night 1 Begins.
    It will end in roughly 48 hours or once all night actions have been received.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-04-10 at 01:33 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Bahaahahaha!
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Point at bladescape because I'm already RPing a smith, and this Town ain't big enough for the both of us!

Sorry! I haven't been keeping track. Can someone direct me to a list of what has been done so I can recreate my character?

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Play the roles I gave you, please. And no posting at night.

I already mentioned the rival smithies in the narration.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Several of you either haven't checked your QTs or haven't sent in night actions.

Some of you I've seen on the forum.

...Some of you began the game with night actions.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I keep coming to say that night is over, then another thread updates, and I get distracted...

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #321

So, nights over? 'Cause that's the vibe I get from this post.
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Night 1:

The town was quiet, waiting for the coroner to look over the werewolf and see if there were any distinguishing marks that would lead to more wolves. The town had never known much of the coroner; he had rarely spoken. Well, he had spoken plenty to women, but he had never had much success with them, nonetheless. If anyone had taken time to get to know the coroner, they might have found that he had become rather squeamish in recent years. He didn’t use to be, but perhaps it was the smell of death, or years of looking at bodies, or his lack of success with women… It could have been anything, really. No one could be sure.
    After waiting a few hours into the night, one of the Rardmuk Clansmen got restless and finally kicked down the door to the coroner’s house and entered.
    The scene once he had gotten inside was gruesome.
    There was blood. Lots of blood. Everywhere. It was difficult to tell what color the walls were through all the red. The puppeteer’s body was gone. The coffin had instead been stuffed with the puppets and dolls that he had once sold. Other coffins had been ransacked. Ashes, seemingly from crematorial urns, were scattered all over. The coroner himself was slumped into his chair. If anyone had known of his squeamishness, they might have thought that he had simply fainted. He was pale, and his face was drawn into a long expression. Closer inspection, however, revealed that the blood had indeed come from this man, and that he had been dead for a while.

Spoiler
    Show
    Madmal was killed. He was the Coroner (Town Backup Baner).

Missed one Day:
    Spoiler
    Show
    DoctorWhooves
    Cuthalion
    Pseudo Nym
    LoP
    Elemental
    The Mad Hatter
    bladescape
    Mahonri Violist
    breathandpaper
    C'Nor

Player List:
    Spoiler: Table
    Show
    Player Killed? Role
    01 Sabeki
    02 banjo
    03 Tanar Aerdoth
    04 BasketofPuppies
    05 firedaemon
    06 Lex-Kat
    07 Zar Peter
    08 DoctorWhooves
    09 Cuthalion
    10 Pseudo Nym
    11 Chessgeek Lynched Day 1 Puppeteer, Wolf Alpha
    12 LoP
    13 Count Dingdong
    14 Aventine
    15 Elemental
    16 Nonayer
    17 BourgeoisJerry
    18 aric_kale
    19 The Mad Hatter
    20 bladescape
    21 Elder Tsofu
    22 The Fiery Tower
    23 mangosta
    24 Legato Endless
    25 Gnrlshrimp
    26 Madmal Killed Night 1 Coroner, Town Backup Baner
    27 Mahonri Violist
    28 Duck
    29 breathandpaper
    30 EmeraldRose
    31 C'Nor

Day 2 Begins.
    It will end in roughly 72 hours.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-04-13 at 11:04 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #323

Callan's forge was silent for the first time in weeks, as the weary man took rest in respect of the one who had died. Not the Coroner, the blacksmith had hardly knew the Coroner and grieved little for the odd little man's passing. Instead, as he sat by the fire of his forge staring into the flames, he grieved for the mine leader who had passed away. In the immediate panic, he had not time to quietly remember the man who had insisted on outfitting his teams with the best equipment he could afford, providing as much safety to those under him. Penguinator had cared, unlike many, and it was with relish that Callen had done any of the jobs that the now deceased man had put before him.

"Grief is woven unto the tapestry of life." The intonation sounded in structure more like a resigned repetition than anything else, as he ran fingers over the arm-rest, and continued to stare into the flames. By mid-day his vigil would be over and he would once again return to his forge and craft his blades. Until then, he would remember. He would be as hard as steel, and never let those that deserved punishment for what they had done escape. Vengeance comes to him who waits.

(Zar Peter is the only one I can see trying to protect Chessgeek so I'm running off that.)

24. - Top - End - #324

The men wake up, flip their signs to "Open," and get ready for business. (except for Robillard, he just wakes up.) They all seem to be a bit... off because of the death.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

The schoolteacher looks sadly at the scene from outside the Office, being a little squeamish herself. She nervously swallows as she visits the bar and orders another Absinthe. However, she looks around and mutters, "This place is going to the dogs...I don't know who to trust anymore."

((Vote Zar Peter. Mainly because I agree with Blade that he is the only one who wanted to protect Chess other than myself, and I'm not a werewolf.))

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

...I say FD or Zar peter today for defending chessgeek.

The tailor is restless, and bored. Ever since there was news of werewolves, business has gone down. People aren't as happy in town. He is bored, and waiting for customers.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Just an FYI for games I'm currently in: I will be on a business trip this week, so my posting time will be limited. I'm sure I will have wireless access in the hotel, but I'm not certain how much available time I will have.
    ((Just to make certain. I will make an RP post this evening after homework is done.))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

((Just so you guys know, I promise I'm not a Wolf. I swear on a stack of Pelorite holy symbols, I'm not.))

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    ((Just so you guys know, I promise I am a Wolf. I swear on a stack of Gruumsh holy symbols, I am.))
    FTFY

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    FTFY
    Why Gruumsh (orcs) and not, say, Hextor (massacres) or Vecna (secrets)?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.