Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Epic Goose Chase OoC

Characters that are in play.
    High OP
    {table="head"]playa'| character| wot is it?| wot do it do? | it ready?
    Silver Night|Sardonyx the Hunter|Half-Dragon Astral Stalker|Cloistered Cleric 3/Church Inq 3/Divine Oracle 5/Contemplative 1/Crusader 1/RKV 8|Yes
    greenpotato|Sandrose the Builder|Half Giant|Psion|Yes
    Smasher0404|Fartales Windspeed|Djinn|Cleric|Totally!
    Supernerd|Clen Mistflitter|Pixie|LA/Battledancer dip/Hero Paladin//Arcanist Bard|Yes
    Ishcumbeebeeda|Jarn Marzgi Kuga|Half-Golem Troll|Evolutionist|yep
    Battlechaser|Lao Tzu|paramind paragon human| monk(sleeping tiger1)-LA20//ardent5-psion uncarnate 10- ardent 6|Hell yeah!
    Alanek2002 |Sharsolis Lind|Paragon pixie|Warmage 6/Rainbow servant 10/Inctantatrix 3/Epic hero 2//LA/Paladin 2|yes
    [/table]
    Low OP
    {table="head"]playa'| character| wot is it?| wot do it do? | it ready?
    Powergamer|Larry|Illithid|Grapple and Eat brains for knowledge|Yes
    gac3|Baera|Vampire Drow|Monk|Yes
    Kusimandro|Karai|Tiefling|Swordsage//Fighter|Yes
    Mousedigits |Thurk|Half-Minotaur Water Dragonborn Orc|Boneblade 20/Fighter 1//Barbarian 10//War Hulk 10//LA 1|Yes
    [/table]
    If your not on the list you have not been forgotten, but I've not seen you post a table saying your done or you don't have enough others in your party that are ready.
    Pick text colors, introductions, and all that.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2014-03-15 at 11:23 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Epic Goose Chase OoC

"Hello, Clen Mistflitter of the Summer Court. I'm here on behalf of Ehlonna, and plan to thank the Lady of the Forests for all she's done. I'm brought to you with the pigmentation of Dark Red. I wish us all the luck we can muster."
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

3. - Top - End - #3

"A pleasure" a female giant of some sort says with a deep bow "I am Sandrose, called Sandrose the Builder. I look forward to working with all of you, although I consider myself an architect I have been known to take on the mantle of a soldier when required of me" Garbed in a pink silk robe and with a great golden headdress in her dark hair she doesn't look like much of a warrior, even considering her size.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Greetings, fellow Seekers. A voice seemed to come out of thin air next to Sandrose's left ear. She could almost feel the uncarnate passing through her before an elderly geezer appeared in front of the half-giant and the pixie. Lao Tzu at your service.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Sardonyx the Hunter, cleric of the chase and interplanar bounty hunter, in MAGENTA.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hello! I am Sharsolis Lind, Caster of both 9th circles and paladin of Boccob... on behalf of Boccob." A pixie Cheerfully says, clad in very frail looking leather armor.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Clen danced about in the air, extending a hand to Sharsolis, "Another Pixie! I knew Boccob's was the reasonable sort. Oh what fun this will be!"
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

8. - Top - End - #8

IC thread people who's party is not ready can still examine the map.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The map leads back here....

10. - Top - End - #10

I'll fix that when I'm home.

11. - Top - End - #11

"Good Morrow fellow Travelers. Let us make haste with our journey" says a relatively brawny djinni cleric hovering slightly above teh ground
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

12. - Top - End - #12

I fixed the map.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Personally, speaks a deep, rumbling voice echoing forth from a truly immense being. I find haste to be... unseemly. As final word washes over the crowd the being shifts his weight, causing a shimmer of iridescent light to cascade through the fine tracery of metals embedded in his flesh. Shrugging slightly to settle the leather strap of his quiver more comfortably across his chest the beast settles a great thumb into the minute space between his belt and hip, drawing attention (perhaps unconsciously) to the fact that all the creature is wearing is a simple loin cloth. It is the will of my Patron that this thing be done, and so it shall. Haste or its lack shall make little difference.

EDIT: Quick question that'll impact how I do things from now on. Do teleportation effects conserve momentum? By which I mean, if I'm falling and I greater teleport myself to a spot I can see on the ground do I still hit it at the speed I was going when I teleported myself? I'd be inclined to say no, but I know DMs who'd be inclined to say yes, so I figured I'd ask first.

EDIT2: Well, as you can tell from those rolls my strengths don't really lie in the finding of the target, lol.
    Last edited by Ishcumbeebeeda; 2014-03-16 at 12:22 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

No, but the sudden stopping in momentum from teleporting may sicken or nauseate someone.

15. - Top - End - #15

Hmm. For how long?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Looking around and see others gather from the spectrum of the planes, the human in deep purple robes walks a bit away from the others as he squashes the cigarette under his heal before joining the others.
    "Earon Tarkil, servant Boccob, former detective to the Deluvian State militia, and archeologist when I have some free time, at your service." he says with a bow.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    "Hello, Clen Mistflitter of the Summer Court. I'm here on behalf of Ehlonna, and plan to thank the Lady of the Forests for all she's done. I'm brought to you with the pigmentation of Dark Red. I wish us all the luck we can muster."
    Quote Originally Posted by alanek2002 View Post
    "Hello! I am Sharsolis Lind, Caster of both 9th circles and paladin of Boccob... on behalf of Boccob." A pixie Cheerfully says, clad in very frail looking leather armor.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with anything related to the game, but do either of you happen to read the Dresden Files? All I can ever think of when I see a pixie PC is Toot-Toot.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Ishcumbeebeeda View Post
    Hmm. For how long?
    Depending on what the falling damage would be.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

A demonic figure brushes purple hair off armored mithril shoulders, a forked tail lazily swinging behind it. "Greetings to you. I am Karai, a servant of my lord Pelor." She folds her arms and settles into a position where she can see everyone in the room. A scabbard on her back catches the light, showing the strange design needed to hold a double-bladed sword. It's fairly large. "I have been told to complete this task, and will work with any and all of you to see it done."
    Spoiler: Find the full-sized version of my avatar here!
    Show

Just 'cause you're crazy
    Doesn't mean that you're free

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    Depending on what the falling damage would be.
    Might be worth it out of combat just for the RP value. I was thinking of using my Greater Teleport to be a kind of paratrooper, only without the "para." Though, honestly with my DR and regen I might just let myself hit the ground... Hey, would a Huge creature weighing a touch over 2 tons impacting the ground from say... 100ft in the air be enough of a jostle to knock over smaller creatures? Might be a fun way to enter battle.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Again, on my phone, so apologies. On a road trip, so limited posting speed. Basically Sardonyx doing his CSI/Colombo impression, just in case anything better than the Blood spatter turns up to target divinations at.

22. - Top - End - #22

Also, I forgot to write before, if it makes a difference, that I have a permanent Arcane Sight effect as well.

EDIT: Last IC post edited to reflect new info.
    Last edited by Ishcumbeebeeda; 2014-03-16 at 02:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

So when we're done here, I'd like everyone to gather within 30ft of me to be subject to my Hero's Leadership. Sends us off with some Temp HP and a good morale bonus to hit.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

24. - Top - End - #24

I may use this once I see it...
    Is the IC thread for both groups or just the High OP
    Last edited by gac3; 2014-03-16 at 09:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Was wondering the same thing.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Was wondering the same thing.
    Looks like it's the High OP and the convergent IC
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I will make different IC threads when the group splits up, but now everyone can view the crime scene until you split up to follow different leads.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Heroic end will take Dark Cyan and do his best to communicate in a standard way. Having dozens of mouths that can talk at the same time will be pretty interesting.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

Across a variety of hidden dimensions you are dismayed.
    Cruoroclast Rewrite (Base Class)
    Star Avatar (Base/PrC Class)
    Inugami (Monstrous Prestige Class)
    Yokai Classes (7 Monstrous Prestige Classes)

29. - Top - End - #29

"You may address me as Larry," says a lightly armored Illithid he pops into existence. "That is the name I have chosen as I would rather none of you slaughter the pronunciation of my proper name. Moving on, Ilsensine has sent me here to gather knowledge, which I will do so hungrily."

Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking in INDIGO
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"GREEEETTTTIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

A vigorous shout followed by a scream from up above can be heard, and looking up you can see someone in trajectory at no less than a hundred feet up in the air. The figure careens mightily towards the ground outside, in a circular arc not unlike a catapult's boulder on a siege.

After the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, you see an upright ursine figure dusting off his scarlet silk robe. He looks back at you, and grins ear-to-ear.

"Hello, children. Old Jizi Strangebrew is at your aid.

By the way, did somebody say... 'hungrily'? I haven't had a feast in days! It's preposterous!
    "

Deep Sky Blue would be his color of choice
    Spoiler: CHARACTER INFORMATION
    Show
    Spoiler: Homebrew Used
    Show
    Race: Pandakinno Natural Armor for LA +0
    Bloodline: Fable (based on the Legend)no Legendary Deed
    Base Class: The Monkhalf Unarmed Strike progression, AC Bonus, Speed, and Skill Bonus, Wavekeeper
    Extra: Add'l houserule (or feat tax?) that allows combat maneuvers vs larger opponents with negligible size bonus via Bend Like a Reed or Flow Like Water
    Prestige Class: Stance Master doesn't stack with other multiple-stance abilities
    Feat: Suppressible Spell +1 Adjustment
    Disciplines: (and discipline replaced, if any)
    • Ocean Tempest: Flowing River, Hurricane Incarnate, Maelstrom's Wrath, Ocean Depths, Tide Receding, Waterfall Mist, Wear Away the Earth (replacing Diamond Mind)
    • Leaping Gale: Blown on the Wind, Greater Nimble Leap, Razor Typhoon, Soaring Riposte, Transcend Weight (replacing Tiger Claw)
    • Broken Wave: Tsunami Stride, Wave Cutter
    • Broken Blade Way of the Sudden Snake, See the Strike that is to Be (replacing Iron Heart)
    • Solaris Arcanum: Arcana Sight, Dance of the Shadow Artist, Stance of Mystic Glory, Solaris Devastation, Solaris Overdrive

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show

An echo drifted on the wind,
    sang deep and wild and free;
    Oh you can be king of the castle
    but I am lord of the sea.

-Judith Nichols, Lord Neptune
    Calm as the deep waters, Pure as the snow

Kuai propped himself up against the cold hard ground, trying to wriggle his hands free from the fetters. It had only been last night--the night he was caught--since the blizzard started, but the chilled metal bar had already numbed his bare back . He never once winced for his fresh wounds, and sure as hell won't for this damning cold! Please. No man can ever comprehend the far greater hell that he had already been through!

Oh, only if he knew.

The sound of metal grinding against metal woke him up. He figured that something must be wrong with his vision, because even in the monochromatic darkness he can clearly see that the person at the cell-gate was Old Jizi. You read that right. Old Jizi. "Why is the old man here?" would be his initial thought, but the knee to the jaw connected faster, and all that Kuai can muster to think of before fainting was an ambiguous "Why?"

"Who ordered the hit on Minister Zhang?", the voice brought him back to reality. But not quite on the real part. Kuai was stil nonplussed; unlike the strict parents and the monastery shifu, Jizi to him was a homely father figure--tender soul, ever smiling, ever encouraging, always giving advice to kids in how to be better individuals.

"I have no idea, I--", his alibi, as well as four of his molars, was unceremoniously knocked down his throat. Kuai then got acquainted with every nook and cranny of the small prison cell as he was tossed around like a rag doll, his whole body continuously firing up signals of pain in unison during the whole ordeal.

Drifting between moments of consciousness due to pain, Kuai's simply felt incredulous. The last time he saw the old man was at the Lunar Festival last week, cheering heartily, a stick of grilled squid in hand, and dancing to the beat of the drums. He recalls his late grandfather's words: "For someone from the Shifting Crest Monastery, the eccentric old Jizi sure doesn't act the part."

And his grandfather was still right, in a way: the Shifting Crest Monks don't belong in prison cells, they don't suddenly jump on you, and they don't suddenly turn into complete monsters.

The pain was already past unbearable.at this point, but it's just been short of an hour. Instinctively, he realizes that the worse is yet to come. "I'm Kuai... fifth street... Don't you remember me, Pops?", he pleaded.

"I taught you the virtues ninety-nine years ago. I tried to lead you towards the right way. Why did you lose your precious honesty, Kuai? You live like a criminal, you die like one." It's that familiar soothing voice again! Even with his neck broken, Kuai tried to look up. Surprisingly, he still managed to feel the shiver running down his spine, as he saw the serene countenance and homely smile of the man who just beat him to within an inch of his life.

Kuai was barely thinking rationally at this point, only that he wants the pain to stop. Once and for all. He quickly ratted his out collaborators, to which Jizi easily confirms as an honest statement--five high-ranking military officials, scums of the world who chose to break the law they swore to uphold and defend.

After getting the information he needed, Jizi grabs Kuai by the neck. As the criminal approached his final moment, for some reason, he remembered his first meeting with Old Jizi:
    It was nearly a century ago... I was trying so hard to break a bundle of boughs for firewood, when Old Jizi approached and told me, "We are strong when we stand with another soul. When we are with another, we cannot be broken." As if to demonstrate, he then picked out a lone stick and pressed it between his thumb and forefinger.

And then came a loud snap.
    Spoiler: Combat Role
    Show
    Main
    Jizi specializes in battlefield control in the form of Spells, Maneuvers, and special attacks. While some of the control can be bypassed by Freedom of Movement, he can cancel that effect by grappling his opponents and pinning them in an Anti-Magic Field. He can also do respectable damage if need be, although he usually prefers to support allies with his primary specialization.

Extra/Addon(will likely be removed if possible, once not needed)
    As supplementary expertise (meaning if nobody else fills the niche), he can also be a scout (high Wis + Spot/Listen), Heal (as the spell), poor man divination (Substitute Domain + Knowledge Domain), and be a taxi (Shades, but he'll replace the feat if this is covered by the party). The Arcana Insight maneuver from the Solaris Arcanum discipline might be used for skill checks in case there are no skill monkeys, or if a niche-skillset is needed.

Additional Notes
    Wisdom is the most important ability score in the build, as it gets added to saves, AC, attack, damage, trip, disarm, and sunder. It also effectively replaces Strength, so the default attack, damage, STR checks, and STR-based skill checks are now keyed off Wisdom. Another trick to utilize Wisdom is to Extend Shapechange into an Aeshkrau Illumian, before resting to gain bonus spell slots for day-long buffing (I believe these slots fade away once the modifier is back to the normal Int) that is now keyed off Wisdom too, instead of Strength. Some Wavekeeper abilities are also normally based on Strength, so they are now keyed off Wisdom.

Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-04-02 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature