New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Leettle-å Puny 78: I Cun Speek Breezeee

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Spoiler: New episode
    Show
    I do think it's aimed at the teachers and people who end up teaching of the world. Because it was Twilight who wrote down the lesson of other people learn different ways and she was the one who was trying to teach Rainbow Dash. While Rainbow Dash did learn things, Twilight was the focus of the episode, and in this episode she was a teacher.

I've been in that situation before (part of the reason I really like this episode). Unfortunately Earth isn't as flexible as Equestria. Basically I had a professor whose teaching method simply didn't work for me at all. And basically I had to suck it up and learn it his way because he certainly wasn't going to go through the effort of teaching it a different way (and yes, I did horribly in that class). And that's basically the education system in a nutshell. I'm lucky in that I can learn the common way most teachers use, though it certainly isn't my optimal way of learning. Other people are just stuck in a crappy situation and get to struggle to learn even the most basic stuff.

Imagine if Twilight (and co) didn't learn that lesson this episode, but Rainbow Dash did have a realization of how she learned best. If everypony was still trying their ineffective methods and refused to help Rainbow Dash learn her own way, Rainbow Dash would still be in a horrible position and likely struggle if not fail the test.

On a side note, Fluttershy's method was actually really close to Rainbow Dash's. Simply add in actual actors rather then animals, and have Rainbow Dash flying and boom! Her method works.
    Spoiler: Testing, Testing, 1,2,3
    Show
    You know, that's almost exactly what we said back when President Obama first said the American education system would do well to emulate the Korean system.

Hello? You want to recreate that Hell on Earth in the States? How many children are you trying to doom? Have you even checked the employment rate of those graduates of that 2-decades-long-mental-grind? Can't you see for yourself the obvious conclusion that that system, while producing the largest number of student suicides among OECD nations, has failed to teach the kids skills that could help in getting jobs, much less some important things about life in general? Would you rather your entire youth population be turned into either blockheaded snobs or self-loathing thugs? Urgh.

The Korean system is basically Twilight's method in Testing123, dialed up to eleven, enforced by punitive downgrades (going down a school year), and then made mandatory for 14 hours a day, six days a week (seven if you are in high school). You. Do. Not. Want. To. Live. In. That. Life. It's even already proven to not work. The current agreement among younger parents in Korea is that individuality matters and that the so-called proven traditional method produces only unoriginal and rather unmotivated cadre of office clerks. Only those who really, truly fail to fit into the system gets wrangled up into tech schools, so a lot of blue collar workers we get from this system are either simply antisocial or have very low self-esteem.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Thoughts on potential DVD Spoilers.
    Show
    I'm hoping for 1 or more of the following

1. That's the Library turned into a second tree of harmony as a side effect of the rainbow power thing. Of corse it needs to be remodeed, so they build a palace their since it is technically a princesses house.

2. If not the above, it's a remodeled royal sisters palace or otherwise in walking distance of Ponyville(I'm still hoping that "Twilight's Kingdom" is refering o a section of Equestria being placed under Twilight's Direct Control, while still subservient to the Diarchy, and that ponyville will be under her purview.

3. I'd like to see Twilight invite her best friends to live in her palace with her. Weather they accept or not is irrelevant, as long as the offer is made.

Or you know, just a mention of awesome royal sleep overs being a semi regular thing.

4. this has less to do with the finale and more to do with something I'd really like to see, but I'd like to see Twilight get invited to some fancy high society Rich Nobility thing or some such Shindig, bring the other five as her entourage, having some snooty noble or some such insult her for hanging out with "Common Ponies" ya kno, despite the fact that they're national heroes five+ times over by know, and instead of getting mad, Twilight just immediately rewards her friends with Noble Titles that she makes up on the spot(Her Kingdom her Rules), and said noble titles conveniently come with noble mares duties that are basically the stuff her friends were doing already(Ergo, no actual change except shutting up the aforementioned snooty noble. The true plot would be her friends reactions. Dop they try to act the part? do they throw themselves into their professions more so than usual? Are they harassed by the Paparazzi?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #723

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: Thoughts on potential DVD Spoilers.
    Show
    4. this has less to do with the finale and more to do with something I'd really like to see, but I'd like to see Twilight get invited to some fancy high society Rich Nobility thing or some such Shindig, bring the other five as her entourage, having some snooty noble or some such insult her for hanging out with "Common Ponies" ya kno, despite the fact that they're national heroes five+ times over by know, and instead of getting mad, Twilight just immediately rewards her friends with Noble Titles that she makes up on the spot(Her Kingdom her Rules), and said noble titles conveniently come with noble mares duties that are basically the stuff her friends were doing already(Ergo, no actual change except shutting up the aforementioned snooty noble. The true plot would be her friends reactions. Dop they try to act the part? do they throw themselves into their professions more so than usual? Are they harassed by the Paparazzi?
    You know, that would make for an excellent episode!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Spamalot in the Playground

Outlaw Mares 3 updated? FINALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler: Episode Most Recent
    Show
    I still say the major take-home of this episode is that it's freakin hilarious.
    Yes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Finally managed to catch the episode this week, and before it was off of YouTube no less!

Spoiler: 1, 2, 3 Thoughts
    Show
    Hilarious, but super awkward in its transitions. I would've been laughing more if I didn't keep getting whiplash'd. That said, the moments with Rainbow Dash just talking to Twilight were some of my favorite in the episode. There was something about that conversation that felt...really genuine to me. Hard to explain, but I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    We have sea pony. She's built like a swimmer, is very mellow and has eyes perhaps a little too large for her head and hair that seems to sway in a nonexistent breeze.

I think 'Penelope' was more apt than I thought.
    I only dove back through the thread for a few pages, but boy am I glad I did.

Congratulations! Have some adorable pony babies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

So here's an exerpt from a funny fanfic Pinkie Pie vs the Souffle

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh please oh please I'm so close the last time I was this close everything was almost okay and then Scootaloo.

It occurred to Pinkie that 'And then Scootaloo' was a remarkably succinct way of summing up forty seconds of disaster produced by an out-of-control failed attempt to gain a mark and the two days of cleanup and repair which had followed it.

Estee is a pretty decent writer and pretty funny. I recommend him. (Rater you were upset right? Well consider this my cheer up fic)
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

Possible Season finale spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking it was the library rebuilt or crystallized since it's large enough to support a castle... then again, if the Tree of Harmony grew from it's current location it could build up up above to the old sisters' castle...

...but yeah, I totally pictured the "ka-ching!" of a new playset from that. :3
    Season finale stuff

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine it's just an image. The castle is real, but the location might be different, and they just wanted something more vibrant on the cover, so they just put it on a different background than the dark and creepy forest.

That was much better than I was expecting.

8. - Top - End - #728

Dear Diego, page 2 of "Celestia Wears Uniforms" is complete! My guess is that I have one or two more pages to go until the whole thing is done. I can only guess, because I can never tell for sure what Celestia will do until I actually get her on the page! XD

Spoiler: Celestia Wears Uniforms, page 1
    Show

Spoiler: Celestia Wears Uniforms, page 2
    Show
    Last edited by meto30; 2014-04-08 at 02:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    It's not like it's even a particularly surprising or unexpected observation. I mean, there's not much point making that observation, but I'm sure it's already been noticed by most ponythreaders by now.
    Rater gets a bit of an excuse.

And to be fair, it may be that she has good reason. Who knows?

Well, The Unexpected Love Life of Duskshine ended on a disappointing Cliffhanger with no hope for a conclusion.

I am so disappoint.
    Ended on disappointing cliffhanger? No real expectation of conclusion?

We call that life, my friend, and the only way to get a good ending is to take charge and write your own.

Human amniotic fluid is almost identicle to pure sea water on a chemical level.

apparently Braz informed SiuiS of that fact when her pregnancy was announced.

SiuiS then drew a picture of herself in her ponysona holding her ear to The belly of Braz's ponysona, shortly after bein told of this fact, and something inside the belly was singing Shoo Be Doo.

If I'm remember in correctly.

actually, I think that was my first thread here.
    Oh that was your arrival thread? My, that must have colored your perceptions of us! That and the pseudoRP.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    new HeadCanon
    http://mrs1989.deviantart.com/art/Or...mark-445561903

also..so glad i dont go to school now...some BS called "core something" where it takes like 113 steps to do a simple division problem and everything is done with something called a "number line"...number line?? wtbleep is that
    ............yeah..i got in trouble for never showing my work cause the simple problems were just done straight in my head
    Hon, you were navy, right? You really see a situation where government regulations are enforced by people who are completely decoupled from the results except in how they're tested for success by other, similar government employees, and are surprised they missed the point? It's like you forgot what SNAFU stands for~

But hey, I'm a masochist. Can you email me a link to this nifty but of misanthropy?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I only dove back through the thread for a few pages, but boy am I glad I did.

Congratulations! Have some adorable pony babies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks, but no thanks. I've got one already~

How's your brother? Haven't seen you folks around for a spell. We are in sure need of funny hats! D:

Estee is a pretty decent writer and pretty funny. I recommend him. (Rater you were upset right? Well consider this my cheer up fic)
    Oh man. Perfect.

I almost got a nap today, but we mistimed te feed-burp-change cycle and then Scootaloo.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Hon, you were navy, right? You really see a situation where government regulations are enforced by people who are completely decoupled from the results except in how they're tested for success by other, similar government employees, and are surprised they missed the point? It's like you forgot what SNAFU stands for~

But hey, I'm a masochist. Can you email me a link to this nifty but of misanthropy?
    Heh, doesn't mean one likes it. My guess is that it's this, the Common Core. Lots to read on that site.

As a side note, I think number lines are very useful, from basic arithmatic all the way to finding transfer function stability regions, though making students write one out if they don't need it seems a little dumb.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2014-04-08 at 02:46 AM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Banned

Exclamation Re: My Leettle-å Puny 78: I Cun Speek Breezeee

The fundamental problem with this is that schooling doesn't give you knowledge except by accident. Schooling is designed to teach you how to get knowledge and how to apply it. Primary school teaches counting as an algorithm once you get past learning the names of numbers. Reading likewise. Science is just how to apply reading, math, and get information used to solve problems. And this is done through repetition.

People then see all these problems and think committing them to memory is the point, when it's not. Drilling number lines is so when you need one, you'll know how to do it. There's just likely a better way to teach that.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Not the only one whose been noticing Spike seems to be getting the short end of the stick. Someone finally wrote something addressing the whole Maud-episode-lack-of-Spike.

(I mean, really, at least last episode he was there, even if he didn't say anything. Why, why did they not just do that in one scene?)

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Not the only one whose been noticing Spike seems to be getting the short end of the stick. Someone finally wrote something addressing the whole Maud-episode-lack-of-Spike.

(I mean, really, at least last episode he was there, even if he didn't say anything. Why, why did they not just do that in one scene?)
    Because its a false premise to even wonder why X character isn't in any particular episode since the show has always kept the cast on rotation since the first season?

14. - Top - End - #734

Finally managed to catch the episode this week, and before it was off of YouTube no less!
    The last few episodes appeared on the Hub Network page for a while, so if you can't find it on the TubeofYou, you can check there as well. It's how my daughter caught up last month.

Spoiler: 1, 2, 3 Thoughts
    Show
    Hilarious, but super awkward in its transitions. I would've been laughing more if I didn't keep getting whiplash'd. That said, the moments with Rainbow Dash just talking to Twilight were some of my favorite in the episode. There was something about that conversation that felt...really genuine to me. Hard to explain, but I really enjoyed it.
    This was a genuinly... genuinely... this was an awesome episode of comedy. Also, everyone got in a good deadpan face (but Rarity gets the blue ribbon for that as a reaction to AJ's comment about fashino not helping her to study). That was a face that subtly whispered, "YOU ARE SO GOING TO WAKE UP IN A PINK FRILLY DRESS AJ!!" :3

"And then Scootaloo"?
    Mane, that works on so many levels. I bet you could substitute any of the CMC and it would still work.

"Well I was boiling the potatoes, but then there was somepony at the door and Opal kocked over the salt and then Sweetie Belle."

Hey, it *does* work! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Season finale stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine it's just an image. The castle is real, but the location might be different, and they just wanted something more vibrant on the cover, so they just put it on a different background than the dark and creepy forest.

That was much better than I was expecting.
    Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    And yeah, it could totally just be a marketing thing and we don't see any kind of Crystal Tree House Castle.

Though I'd be disappointed if the season ends without at least going back to complete the Castle of the Sisters. We've had two episodes with them working on it early on, but nothing since.

Yeah, Miss Bunniswan's singing work isn't bad. I tend to enjoy her literal music videos.

Quote Originally Posted by meto30 View Post
    Dear Diego, page 2 of "Celestia Wears Uniforms" is complete!
    Hee hee, mischevious Celestia forcing her sister into uniform. Fun!
    Great work at usual Meto. :D

Ended on disappointing cliffhanger? No real expectation of conclusion?

We call that life, my friend, and the only way to get a good ending is to take charge and write your own.
    I personally prefer fanfics that don't bring up my life in any way.
    I'm trying to read fanfics to escape life, not be reminded that the rent is due. Hee hee.

Hon, you were navy, right?
    Oh we got Navy representin' in here? Awesome! One of my former gaming group members was Navy as well (can't remember which carrier he served on). I always went to him for getting some of my military jargon straight in my writing. My roommate is a retired Marine (though depending on who you ask, Marines don't technically retire). He worked on Marine-1 which was pretty presdigious... prestigious... which was quite the honor.

I almost got a nap today, but we mistimed te feed-burp-change cycle and then Scootaloo.
    I am totally stealing this idea because it just works too darn well.

I dunno... considering Spike is the go-to butt monkey of the group, I think not getting a part is safer than just hanging around to get injured by some crazy happenstance.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-04-08 at 07:16 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #735
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh that was your arrival thread? My, that must have colored your perceptions of us! That and the pseudoRP.
    Yes. very much.

I believe my reaction was "holy s***! these guys are crazier than meeeee!" followed by 10 strait minutes of mad cackling

And then Bleakbane tried to get me to read his fic, and I threatened him in Character as my AQ guy(by the way, I'm never using him for RP purposes again, events in the actual AQ game have established that he is much more powerful than I originally thought)

the a few months later, I got bored of that, stopped doing it. Posted some pictures of the Mane 6 as monsters that I found, while making a Ravenloft joke in reference to something you said. Did a call back to that joke. Branched of into a sequel of the Roleplay thread, Joke was made canon against my will, had to completely rewrite my primary Rping persona to fit with the new canon(bit of early instalment weirdness going on), got marry sued agaist my will*, and the thread died before I could fix it.

Still angry about that.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

Looking for a new Daring Do desktop image? Behold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *beholds*

Yes, this will be a fantastic addition to my backgrounds, thank you!

Dear Diego, page 2 of "Celestia Wears Uniforms" is complete! My guess is that I have one or two more pages to go until the whole thing is done. I can only guess, because I can never tell for sure what Celestia will do until I actually get her on the page! XD

Spoiler: Celestia Wears Uniforms, page 1
    Show

Spoiler: Celestia Wears Uniforms, page 2
    Show
    You are my hero. I love how Celestia just teleports the uniform off herself to give to Luna (I assume that's what's happening there).
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Banned

Spoiler: Very very minor spoilers, almost non-spoilers
    Show
    For what it's worth, the three episodes leading up to the finale seem from the released synopses to be Spike-centered episodes. And one of those episodes was meant to be earlier in the season.

18. - Top - End - #738

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I love how Celestia just teleports the uniform off herself to give to Luna (I assume that's what's happening there).
    Maybe she just pull it off by the tabs like Robin did from Teen Titans~
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow that's a neat trick. I wish I could change that easily. He even gets the pants... somehow. Unicorns OP!
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2014-04-08 at 10:04 AM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

20. - Top - End - #740

Diego, Page 3 of Celestia & Luna Wears Uniforms is complete!
    Spoiler: Celestia Wears Uniforms page 1
    Show

Spoiler: Celestia Wears Uniforms page 2
    Show

Spoiler: Celestia Wears Uniforms page 3
    Show

This was a genuinly... genuinely... this was an awesome episode of comedy. Also, everyone got in a good deadpan face (but Rarity gets the blue ribbon for that as a reaction to AJ's comment about fashino not helping her to study). That was a face that subtly whispered, "YOU ARE SO GOING TO WAKE UP IN A PINK FRILLY DRESS AJ!!" :3
    One is wise to never anger Rarity. All that precision with needles and scissors can be applied to not just fabric...

"And then Scootaloo"?
    Mane, that works on so many levels. I bet you could substitute any of the CMC and it would still work.

"Well I was boiling the potatoes, but then there was somepony at the door and Opal kocked over the salt and then Sweetie Belle."

Hey, it *does* work! :D
    Cheerilee: And why is your homework not done yet, dear?
    Silver Spoon: Apple Bloom.
    Cheerilee: Oh, I see, nevermind, I understand.

Hee hee, mischievous Celestia forcing her sister into uniform. Fun!
    Great work at usual Meto. :D
    Thank you! Celestia, being out of the public eye, is letting out her impish side, if you ask me. Unlike the Studies I did with Twilight and her Ponyville friends, the cameras were hidden in this shooting.

*beholds*

Yes, this will be a fantastic addition to my backgrounds, thank you!

You are my hero. I love how Celestia just teleports the uniform off herself to give to Luna (I assume that's what's happening there).
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would not be too far off what I intended to portray XD I was thinking more of simultaneous undoing of all clasps and buttons by telekinesis, but teleporting the outfit off works too

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *stares at the magically appearing gloves*

Wha-?

Marvelous! Those uniforms really suit them! ^^

That would not be too far off what I intended to portray XD I was thinking more of simultaneous undoing of all clasps and buttons by telekinesis, but teleporting the outfit off works too
    Close enough!
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2014-04-08 at 10:09 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Wha-?
    Sh-sh-sh-sh-sh. Superpowers Diego. Superpowers.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    but robin has no superpowers!!!!!!!

24. - Top - End - #744

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    Wow that's a neat trick. I wish I could change that easily. He even gets the pants... somehow.
    Wha-?
    In my opinion, Date with Destiny was one of the best Teen Titans episodes, mostly for it's visual humor such as Robin pulling off that tux in one swing like that. That's skill (and yeah, the pants and gloves thing boggles my mind too).

Yay! Poor Luna, bell-bottoms so do not work for her. Awesome job on getting the uniform details right. Very well done.

One is wise to never anger Rarity. All that precision with needles and scissors can be applied to not just fabric...
    Right? That mare has a whole shop full of tiny pointy instruments. Rainbow Factory nothing, fear the Boutique!!

Cheerilee: And why is your homework not done yet, dear?
    Silver Spoon: Apple Bloom.
    Cheerilee: Oh, I see, nevermind, I understand.
    See? Works on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    but robin has no superpowers!!!!!!!
    Just like how earth ponies have no magic?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-well-i...y-*******s_p2/
    So does #2 apply to anyone?
    Spoiler: Testing, Testing, 1,2,3
    Show
    You know, that's almost exactly what we said back when President Obama first said the American education system would do well to emulate the Korean system.

Hello? You want to recreate that Hell on Earth in the States? How many children are you trying to doom? Have you even checked the employment rate of those graduates of that 2-decades-long-mental-grind? Can't you see for yourself the obvious conclusion that that system, while producing the largest number of student suicides among OECD nations, has failed to teach the kids skills that could help in getting jobs, much less some important things about life in general? Would you rather your entire youth population be turned into either blockheaded snobs or self-loathing thugs? Urgh.

The Korean system is basically Twilight's method in Testing123, dialed up to eleven, enforced by punitive downgrades (going down a school year), and then made mandatory for 14 hours a day, six days a week (seven if you are in high school). You. Do. Not. Want. To. Live. In. That. Life. It's even already proven to not work. The current agreement among younger parents in Korea is that individuality matters and that the so-called proven traditional method produces only unoriginal and rather unmotivated cadre of office clerks. Only those who really, truly fail to fit into the system gets wrangled up into tech schools, so a lot of blue collar workers we get from this system are either simply antisocial or have very low self-esteem.
    Spoiler: Response
    Show
    Not just Korea but China and Burma too (though Burma's a very poor country but it kinda fit in). I also remembered that another reason we moved to US was that they at least know how to teach student with disability (I am not that serious enough to get into Special Needs but I get angry easily back in Burma and start a rampage at school). Ironically, the time when I attended Highschool in US was the first time I became interested in reading novels (mostly sci fis). And the tests to determine the major too (Well, as far as I know the final test in 10th grade determine the eligibility to go to university, which she believed that it's worthless if you did great earlier but end up failing the finals.
    Last edited by t209; 2014-04-08 at 12:20 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

26. - Top - End - #746

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    The board's censor ate the last word in the url (the a-word), making it invalid.
    Which is kind of funny given that #2 is about censorship and children

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    #2 on the article is the phrase "But what about the children?", which has gone from a benign question about protecting kids from mature topics to a phrase used often for comical purposes on TV/Internet when children and censorship are involved (One of the image examples is from The Simpsons). It's a heated topic over who gets a say on what gets censored for the rest of us (for example, the Grand Theft Auto debate). What does this have to do with pony?

Well... the example they used was that some people who find censorship to be 100% laughable probably never had to stop a small child from Googling My Little Pony and getting images of ponies raping each other.

To answer you question t209, as a father I take responsibility to ensure what my daughter sees on TV/Internet is appropriate for her age (Because she knows how to google pony images). I don't stop anyone else from what they want to see as it's not my place to make that call. That's about as far as my opinion goes on the matter (Dunno if censorship is on the list of touchy things not to discuss so I'll just stop here).
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-04-08 at 02:10 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

sensorship
    I suspect you mean "censorship", as "sensorship" is what a Traitor class Recon Destroyer is...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-04-08 at 01:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748

I suspect you mean "censorship", as "sensorship" is what a Traitor class Recon Destroyer is...
    Well I have to give credit to autocorrect. It was consistent.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

The board's censor ate the last word in the url (the a-word), making it invalid.
    Which is kind of funny given that #2 is about censorship and children

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    #2 on the article is the phrase "But what about the children?", which has gone from a benign question about protecting kids from mature topics to a phrase used often for comical purposes on TV/Internet when children and censorship are involved (One of the image examples is from The Simpsons). It's a heated topic over who gets a say on what gets censored for the rest of us (for example, the Grand Theft Auto debate). What does this have to do with pony?

Well... the example they used was that some people who find censorship to be 100% laughable probably never had to stop a small child from Googling My Little Pony and getting images of ponies raping each other.

To answer you question t209, as a father I take responsibility to ensure what my daughter sees on TV/Internet is appropriate for her age (Because she knows how to google pony images). I don't stop anyone else from what they want to see as it's not my place to make that call. That's about as far as my opinion goes on the matter (Dunno if censorship is on the list of touchy things not to discuss so I'll just stop here).
    I'm curious on how you control your daughter's internet usage.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah..common core is what i was reading about

Oh we got Navy representin' in here? Awesome! One of my former gaming group members was Navy as well (can't remember which carrier he served on). I always went to him for getting some of my military jargon straight in my writing.
    so he was just sitting on a giant target?

thats what carriers are to subs....
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2014-04-08 at 02:26 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar