Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: True Heroes, IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: True Heroes, IC

Martha follows the others towards the woods.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I wouldn't mind actually SEEING our mysterious benefactor unhooded seeing as we've all mostly given you the same benefit. In fact.....Tim, please help her with her hood.

Spoiler: Tim?
    Show
    Consider Tim the Unseen Servant via Ixen's Collar of Perpetual Attendance
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The figure hesitates. "Very well." She looks over at Ixen. "I am quite capable." She lifts her hood over her head, revealing a face that has been hideously scarred by flame. Above the burn wounds, her hair has only barely begun to regrow. "Do I meet to your satisfaction?" she asks coolly.

4. - Top - End - #34

GnomeWizardGuy

Ixen blinked at the girl before zoning out a bit. Reminds me why I'm here.... he brushed the dirt off his shoulders and started walking with the rest of the group I never wanted this.... he muttered to himself.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh... you poor dear." says Martha, with a look 4 parts sympathy, and 1 part horror.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I thank you for your trust, but such a mark of pain is not to my satisfaction. What injustice has been heaped upon you, poor soul?"

7. - Top - End - #37

Trygg bowed his head slightly when the women repeated her words. A way of thanking her, before heading off. At least that was the plan until the others asked for her to take her hood off, and then started pestering her about what had happened to her. "Such tales can wait till later." Trygg said, already turning away from the women to head towards the forest. "Let us complete the task presented before us, then share tales between one another." That being said, Trygg had to wonder just who this women was, how she knew so much and like the others wondered how she came to be scarred.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Hyacinth cringes at the burns.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The woman looks back and forth between the Swordwraith and Trygg. "I was in a temple that was sacked by the followers of the Dark Mistress. The rest will have to wait until your return."

10. - Top - End - #40

The armored figure bows its head in acceptance.

"Very well. We shall be back as soon as possible. The hour of Her downfall approaches!"

Raising a fist in salute to the scarred woman, the knight begins walking.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Martha falls into place at the back of those leaving right now, looking around nervously, mortified of anyone seeing her associating with such irregular people.
    Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The road from the graveyard is in good repair, and the party is able to make good time. The area is sparsely wooded, and the populated area the graveyard serves is primarily to the east - the opposite direction from where the group is headed. After the group passes a small chapel near the entrance, there aren't any buildings to be seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are you guys going to travel all night? It's about midnight in game, meaning you'd be making camp shortly after sunrise (unless you want to force march).

13. - Top - End - #43

Looking at Ixen, Hyacinth, and Martha, the armored figure respectfully asks,

"Do any of you wish to be carried? Between myself and the warforged, you can all rest while we march through the night. It would save us half a day's travel."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Hyacinth stifles a yawn.

"That'd be nice of you..."
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I don't know... it sounds very irregular to me..."
    Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #46

Gazing down at the little dragon, the figure replies,

"It is indeed irregular. However, we need as much time as we can give ourselves. You need to sleep eventually, and I can carry you without much difficulty."

Looking at Hyacinth, he beckons, "Up onto my shoulders if you wish, little one."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Why the very idea! Being carried through the night rather than getting to bed at a proper hour! Not that we haven't already missed that I suppose... just dreadful, simply dreadful..."
    Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #48

GnomeWizardGuy

You can be as stuck up as you'd like my fair lady. While you are exhausted dreaming of your bed and your proper hour I will happily be asleep. I'm used to sleeping uncomfortably on moving things... Ixen stretches out his wings and arms, letting out a quiet yawn. He looks between the warforged and the figure that had suggested the idea. So which one of you wonderful uncomfortable moving things do I hop up on?
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll have you know I've never slept on anything but stone and copper coins in my life. I may be young, but I'm no mammal to be carried about by its mother. It would be utterly ridiculous. Can't we just make camp and keep watches? That is what *brrr*" she giving a shudder "adventurers are supposed to do, right?"
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-04-15 at 02:15 AM.
    Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

As the party stops for lunch, Martha speaks up from her grim silence.
    "I... I suppose I could ride in the very top layer of someone pack as long as the top isn't strapped down tight enough that I suffocate. I just don't want anyone to see me. I just... I don't like this adventuring business, but I suppose life can't be all stream-water, oatmeal, and overcast days. I'm trying to maintain a semblance of normality. I'm dreadfully sorry for the imposition, but, could someone take pity on a poor dragonet?" says Martha, looking pitiful.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-04-16 at 07:50 PM.
    Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The warforged hefts Martha up onto his backpack, leaving her to make herself comfortable. As the group continues the forest comes into view, but while still a ways off, they spot another group of travelers ahead of them, moving a bit more slowly and pulling a cart of some kind. There are five members of this new group, all humanoid, one of whom is pulling the cart, which is piled high with something the party can't make out.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Martha snores softly, fast asleep.
    Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #53

Trygg paused on seeing this new group of traveler, unsure of what to do. He heard the dragon on his backpack snoring softly, and wonders if he should wake her or not. For now, he doesn't make any move to do so and he turns to the others, speaking quietly he says. "I suggest one or two of us approach them for information, but not all of them as they might get suspicious, especially because so many of use a robed and hooded."

24. - Top - End - #54

The armored figure looks at the dragonborn and nods gently. "I shall go to them and seek tidings, if you wish. I mean no offense, but I feel that I most closely resemble what some would call 'normal'."

25. - Top - End - #55

After a brief silence indicating no problem with this plan, the armored figure approaches the travelers. It pulls the hood back from its head, revealing the shining angelic helm underneath. It holds up an empty hand in greeting.

"Hail to you, friends. Pray tell, what have you seen these past few days? Any trouble with the road?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

One of the travelers, a beefy man with almost-black hair turns around, he greets the newcomer cheerfully, "Well hello there, nice to see a fellow traveler. We haven't seen much since we past that village a ways back. Road's been good though. What brings you to these parts?"

27. - Top - End - #57

"Our travels lead to us to the woods west of here. We are looking to meet up with some friends of ours. And yourselves?"

28. - Top - End - #58

GnomeWizardGuy

((Not exactly sure WHERE Ixen is sleeping but I do know he is sleeping....))

Ixen adjusts himself in his sleep and mumbles quietly, suddenly letting out a loud But I don't want to see the All-Watcher! in draconic before going back to his in-sleep mutterings.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Hyacinth flits up near Ixen's head with a large bell...
    Then changes her mind at the unintelligible shout and tosses it away (to vanish before it hits the ground), slightly sullen.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The man responds jovially to the paladin's comments, "We too, are headed towards the woods. I would suggest we travel together, but I fear we'd only slow you down, seeing as how you're overtaking us and us with our cart and all." He glances toward the cart as he speaks. "Before you go, perhaps you might share your name? I'm Jopin."