Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 573

Thread: True Heroes, IC

  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Here the armored figure pauses, the silence growing uncomfortable between him and Jopin. Finally, it replies,

    "...I am afraid that I cannot share my name. Not out of disrespect, friend, but because I do not know it. I know my purpose, but I do not know myself.

    However, I am certain there would be no problem in travelling with your band. We made good time this morning and it is always better to travel the roads as a group. The others can introduce themselves as they wish."


    It nods its head respectfully. "I am pleased to meet you, Jopin."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like this is necessary, because nameless people are suspicious.
    Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[19]

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Hyacinth considers the time of day, and pulls out and discards in turn:
    A pair of cymbals, a speaking trumpet, and a tuning fork

    Before settling on a long, thin straw. Put one end near the ear, mouth up to the other...

    Nah. Something else.

    A tall stool, up to Ixen's head height.
    And twenty pounds of atlases, dropped one at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    With a loud SNRK! and a small roll, Ixen hit the ground. Within seconds he is in the air and gliding down in a tight corkscrew, surveying the area. When he eventually lands he shakes his wings a bit before folding them back down and with a bit of heavy breathing says What in the name of the gods was the source of that racket?
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "It's long past noon and you were asleep. Give Trygg a break, carry your own weight for a bit."

    "Also, strangers."
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  5. - Top - End - #65

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Tyrgg kept his expression neutral though out Hyacinth pulled out instruments and throwing them away... sure to make a large racket, the dragonborn thinking if would be sure to bring attention to themselves. However, once the small dragon awoke, and Hyacinth said it was time that the dragon carried his own wieght, Trygg sighed and said. "For you information, I am a Warforged, therefore I don't tire. I would of found it perfectly fine to carry... Ixen wasn't it? To carry Ixen all day."

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Martha stirs in her sleep...
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Listen (because: Very tired) (1d20+9)[17]

    ...and wakes up. She peeks out of the backpack, attempting to draw on her limited experience peeking out of shutters to gather more juicy gossip on the neighbors of friends she would visit to have a cup of tea with.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-05-05 at 03:28 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin ponders the swordwraith's statement for a moment, "You're companions..." He looks past the wraith before continuing, "They seem to be a...spirited bunch. Perhaps you should consult with them before making any decisions?" He begins to move closer to the rest of his companions, leaning in, apparently to speak to them without being overheard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think I'm needed to resolve any of what the rest of you are up to, but let me know if I missed something.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Realizing that Jopin wished to have a moment to confer with his own companions, the paladin turns around and returns to the squabbling group, who are apparently all awake now.

    "These folk travel to the woods as well. It would be better for both parties if we stuck together on the road. Once we reach the forest edge, then we can part ways."

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Martha slowly returns to her sleeping posture, and equally slowly adjusts herself into a position designed to minimize snoring. She is apprehensive about being found in her unconventional location, but perhaps the problem will sort itself out if she ignores it.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-05-09 at 05:29 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "...Oh."

    "Sorry."
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Ixen composes himself, adjusting his sundark goggles, and nods. The more the merrier I always say! he lets out with a guffaw. He bows to the new group. Ixen Narhethi, bard by trade adventurer by choice. It's lovely to meet you.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  12. - Top - End - #72

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Trygg frowned at the offer, pondering it over for a few moments before slowly speaking the thoughts. "Travelling with a group would be beneficial, safety in numbers, and it would be least suspicious... but we are all fairly memorable, and if our mission is done and we earn her ire... her servants will have an easier time hunting us down."
    Last edited by Tempestfury; 2014-05-09 at 05:40 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Which would be why we're splitting up once we get to the forest, before we even start our mission. Ixen says, turning to face Trygg
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin finishes discussing with his companions and returns to the group, "Well then, have you reached a decision?" he asks.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Looking at the dragonborn, the armored figure responds, "You are probably right, but we cannot allow such fears to dictate our actions. If She wishes to send Her foul servants after us, then we shall smite them like the rest. For now, however, let us focus on the task at hand."

    Walking back over to Jopin and the rest of the other group, the disguised swordwraith answers, "The others agree. Come, let us be on our way. As glorious as this day is, I imagine everyone wishes to be in a good spot to camp before nightfall."

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin nods cheerfully, "Well said sir. Let's move then."

    As the expanded group ventures forward, the majority of their new-found traveling companions keep their distance from the party. Jopin, however, speaks freely, addressing the party as a whole, "So then, the friends you all are meeting, what do they do? There out so many people out this way."
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-05-14 at 09:33 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Walking alongside Jopin, the swordwraith responds, "There is a temple there that Ehlonna keeps that we seek for our pilgrimage. I have heard that the priests there are a very giving sort. And what of yourselves? What brings you?"

    Looking over its shoulder, it continues, "Are you not concerned by the possibility of brigands? In this time of raiders, I would imagine a party of five towing a stacked cart would be easy pickings."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive, because I'm beginning to smell a rat: (1d20+4)[21]
    Spot check to determine more of the man's features: (1d20+2)[21]
    Also, do any of the men have an evil aura to them?

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin grins, "Is that so? These fellows are pilgrims too. I'm just a guide." He gestures toward the rest of the people that had been in the group before they joined the party. "We haven't been bothered by brigands yet."

    Spoiler
    Show
    For sense motive checks, let me know you want to make one, and I'll roll it for you. So far as you can tell, Jopin's on the level. He doesn't detect as evil, but the rest of the people he's with do.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "I expect it's just a matter of time, then."
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin looks at Hyacinth, "Oh? What makes you say that?"

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "Well, like he said" - indicating the armored ominosity - "You've got five people, you're moving slowly, and you've got that massive overloaded wheel-bin. Might as well be bait."

    She thinks on what she's just said.

    "It is bait, isn't it. You're trying to catch bandits in a ridiculously twisty way for some reason."
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-05-24 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin seems taken aback. "No, though I don't actually know the contents of this cart, I feel confident these good fellows would have informed me if that were the plan".

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    The armored figure tilts its head slightly at the comment. "Oh, are these not friends of yours? I had assumed that you all knew each other and traveled together. How long have you been with them?"

    Its armored hand beckons back to the warforged and kobold, indicating that they should come closer.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin smiles at the rest of the group, "We recently became friends. We met a few days ago, and I agreed to take them where they wished to go."

  25. - Top - End - #85

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "So... you don't know who they are, don't know the contents of the cart... are you normally troubled by bandits at all?" Tygg asked, starting to get suspicious, but staying calm and quiet. Quite easy being a warforged.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin shrugs, "I trust these fellows. I haven't had much issue with bandits lately."

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Walking more closely to Jopin, the armored figure whispers, "I am not so sure of their friendliness. I can tell you right now that they are not pilgrims on their way to worship, no matter what they say. Tell me, when you met them a few days ago, did they hire you to bring them to the temple? Or are you currently under duress?"

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin looks quite confused by the Paladin's statements, "Duress? No, of course not. They've offered me some food and gifts, but no great payment. I assure you that they're quite good people." He shrugs. "I've spent more time with them than you, I'm sure you'll come to see them as I do."

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Placing a hand gently upon Jopin's shoulder, the swordwraith firmly states, "Jopin, you seem like a good man. I shall be frank with you: these men are evil. I can sense it. Whatever it is they are transporting, it will bring neither happiness nor relief. It will only bring strife and injustice.

    They must not reach the temple, for I fear that they serve the Mistress."
    Even saying Her name is enough to bring an edge of outrage into its voice. "Please, Jopin. If these men reach their destination, I fear for the people of the forest. Help us. Though we have only just met, you must trust me on this."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[29]

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin sighs, "I do not think you intend to be untruthful, but I know these people are good people, and I must help them complete their pilgrimage. I believe you mean what you say, but please do not try to fight these people. They are good people." He nods fervently as he speaks, and he looks back and forth, as if concerned that the two groups will begin fighting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •