Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 573

Thread: True Heroes, IC

  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "I am sorry, Jopin. But I must stop evil wherever I find it. Fear not, for you shall come to no harm."

    Stopping in the middle of the road, the disguised undead turns and faces the other traveling men. He speaks in a demanding voice, standing proudly before them.

    "This charade has gone on long enough. You will tell me what you intend to do with the contents of the cart, and what your purpose is at the temple."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+8)[15]

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin stands back looking worried, as if unsure what to do. One of the other members of the group comes forward, a human woman with long blond hair, pale skin, and blue eyes, draped in simple traveler's robes, "The contents of our cart are a gift for our goddess, and we intend to worship at the temple. What else would we be going there for?" The rest of the group confers amongst themselves.

  3. - Top - End - #93

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Trygg frowned at the disguised undead's actions, not liking how he simply openly challenged the others... still from how Jopin was acting, he wouldn't be surprised if he was under some sort of spell to make him so trusting and accepting, quitely he spoke to the group he was travelling with, asking. "Does anyone have a means of detecting magic? A scan of Jopin and these 'pilgrims' sounds like a good idea right about now."

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    I do. I shall. Ixen says, whistling a short tune and casting Detect Magic. His hand hovers over his rapier, ready to leap forwards should the need arise.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "You sure you're not being a bit paranoid? I mean, yeah, they've had a suprising lack of banditry, but... that automatically pins them as stay-away?"
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "Is that so, then? Then you will not mind overly much if I see just what gifts you are bringing to the temple of Ehlonna."

    The armored figure begins moving toward the cart.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Hey, Tincan, stand down a bit. At least until my spell kicks in and I see weather or not you have anything to worry about. You're jumping to conclusions of the first group we come across and I for one don't care for it. Ixen steps forward and studies the opposing group and their cart.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2014-06-01 at 07:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Ixen's magic reveals to him magic auras on items held 4 of the other party's members, as well as one about Jopin. The group waits to see how the Paladin reacts to the rest of his party before doing or saying anything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can make spellcraft checks as you desire.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    The paladin stops, though he is obviously impatient for the results of the kobold's results. It coldly regards the group of men and women before the wagon, its left hand going to grasp the bell strapped to its belt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should have done this a long time ago...
    Sense Motive for the pilgrims: (1d20+4)[23]

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Four of them ring up, as does something on Jopin. How exactly they're ringing is another question entirely. he says in a quiet murmur.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft awaaayyyy.....
    Show
    (1d20+2)[10] 1st Person
    (1d20+2)[5] 2nd Person
    (1d20+2)[4] 3rd Person
    (1d20+2)[17] 4th Person
    (1d20+2)[8] Jopin
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    The armored figure straightens at Ixen's analysis. Turning its head, it asks, "Jopin... are you carrying any magical items on you?"

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Spoiler: Spellcraft
    Show
    All the aura's are faint (which I really should have told you before). The one you identify (the fourth person) has an aura of faint evocation about his sword. Of the other auras, two are on cloaks and one is on something in the blond women's cloak that you can't quite make out.


    Spoiler: Prehysterical
    Show
    Remember, I'll roll sense motive checks for you. You can't tell if the women is lying or not.


    Jopin shakes his head at the Paladin, "Do I look like I can afford such things? No, none at all. Why do you ask?"

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Drawing its hand-and-a-half sword from the sheath on its back, the paladin holds it pointed to the side. It remains standing firmly in the middle of the road.

    "It all becomes clear now. You have ensorcelled him. Admit your misdeeds and I will show mercy. This is your last warning."

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Spoiler: Gamespawn
    Show
    You didn't tell me which one of Jopin's items was magic so forgive this...


    Ixen draws his rapier and rolls his eyes. Ah hell....faint ring of evocation on his sword, no clue what kind on their cloaks and something in her cloak.... he says, pointing out each person in turn. Jopin, I suggest you toss that [INSERT CORRECT ITEM HERE] that they gave you and run. Things are about to get messy.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    The blond woman shakes her head, "We have done nothing wrong. If you force a fight, I have no doubt Ehlonna will grant us victory, but I pray you do not force it to that." She fingers something within her cloak. The man with the magic sword steps between her and the Paladin, and the other two members step to either side of her. Jopin moves between the two groups, sticks his arms out and speaks, "Please! I beg of you! Do not let this come to blows. I assure you I possess all of my wits."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I need to know where everyone is (except Prehysterical, who I'm using as a reference point); give me a grid number (my understanding is that his character is closest to the NPCs). If any of you want to try to talk things down, you can, otherwise we'll roll initiative. Given that the NPCs have approximately taken move equivalent actions in response to the Paladins declaration, the rest of you can too (this isn't quite RAW, but it seems like a reasonable adjudication of the situation to me).
    ! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z @ # $
    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    6
    7 Cloak 1
    8 Hyacinth
    9 Jopin
    10 Paladin Sword-Guy Blonde Woman
    11 Ixen Cloak 2
    12
    13 Trygg/Martha
    14
    15
    16
    17
    18
    19
    20
    21
    22
    23
    24
    25
    26
    27
    28
    29
    30


    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-06-15 at 08:56 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin, step away from them, this is your last warning. SOMEONE is set on corrupting the temple you are traveling to and I will defer to my compatriot's judgment when he says it's your fellow travelers. If you do NOT move I will assume that despite his judgment you too are with them.


    Spoiler: Bluff Roll for the Italicized Words
    Show
    (1d20+12)[21]
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Martha wakes up at the shouting and poises herself in Trygg's backpack, ready to spring out the instant she feels him start to make the violent upper-body motions of swinging a weapon or dodging (rather than just moving from one spot to another or firing most ranged weapons).

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Delaying.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    "...And you're serious about this. Fine, I'll support you... trust needs to start somewhere, and it's certainly not on your end."

    So saying, Hyacinth flits back a bit and hovers just above the ground, hands lowered towards her own shadow, which darkens slightly near them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  19. - Top - End - #109

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Trygg silently stepped up out sideway, arcane energy beginning to dance between his fingers as he prepared to fight. The warforged doing his best to stay away from the sword-swingers, not wanting to be caught up in the close-ranged fighting.

    Spoiler: Position & Init
    Show
    Position is I13. Init is (1d20+4)[13]

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Jopin looks at Ixen in alarm, stepping back, such that the fighter is partially between him and Ixen.

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    For the sake of expediency, I will roll your initiative (except for Trygg).

    Ixen: (1d20+7)[18]
    Trygg: 13
    Hyacinth: (1d20+9)[27]
    Heiros: (1d20+1)[8]
    Martha: (1d20)[8]

    Hyacinth, take your action, then it's the enemies turn.
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-06-09 at 06:15 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Hyacinth quickly rises from her crouching position, pulling two crossbows from her shadow, and fires at the one with the sword.

    Spoiler: Crunch:
    Show
    Free action to "draw" (create) two Shadowcraft Light Crossbows. Both have Augment Enhancement Bonus (+1), Attune Special Property (Corrosive), and Attune Special Property (Magebane).

    Attacks:
    Mainhand: (1d20+16)[21], +2 if Magebane applies (has arcane spells prepared, has spontaneous arcane spell slots availible, or has arcane SLAs)
    Damage for Mainhand: (1d4+1)[5] piercing + (1d6)[2] acid
    Damage for Magebane Mainhand: (2d6)[9] if Magebane applies
    Offhand: (1d20+16)[25] +2 if Magebane applies
    Damage for Offhand: (1d4+1)[5] piercing + (1d6)[5] acid
    Damage for Magebane Offhand: (2d6)[8] if Magebane applies
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Hyacinth's shadow bolts smash into the man with the sword, finding a weak point under his heavy armor and he grunts in pain as the bolts disappear into him. He responds nearly instantly, he snarls, and matted black fur sprouts from his face. He rushes forward, charging into the Paladin. The attacker's sword finds a gap in the plate and cuts into the sword-wraith's neck. The man draws his blade away, looking at the wraith in confusion, as his blow fails to have the effect he intended.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Heiros takes 17 damage before DR (which applies in full).

    Ixen, go. Then enemies again.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Ixen jabs at the furry-sword-man with his rapier, hoping his attacks make a mark.


    Spoiler: ATTACK!
    Show
    Attack1(1d20+13)[25]
    Damage1(1d4+1)[5]
    Attack2(1d20+8)[19]
    Damage2(1d4+1)[3]
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Ixen's quick strikes catch the man off-balance after his assault, and the rapier comes away with blood on it.

    Behind Jopin, the first cloaked man seems to take notice of his companions relative ineffectiveness and moves forward, drawing a bow as he does so. He launches an arrow at the tiny fey across from him, but she easily avoids the shaft.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trygg's turn; then enemies again.

  25. - Top - End - #115

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Seeing how his allies where taking on the swordsman well enough, Trygg decided to strike someone else, starting with the archer that had recently shot at their fey ally. Mildly wondering if he should mention the Fey Heritage of his Warforged form later as he did so.

    Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Attack, ranged touch (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage (5d6)[19]

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    The second cloaked figure steps forward, speaking firmly, "Intoriellum. Cannieris. Setenium". He continues speaking and makes quick precise gestures centered around something hanging from his neck.

    The blond woman speaks quickly, "Eporiahnis sepiria casoria." With her last word she makes a quick gesture and where there was 1 woman there is suddenly 7.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Prehysterical, and DracoDei, it's your turn, then Jopin has the chance to act again.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    The man's blow is enough to knock the paladin's head to the side, but it remains standing firmly in the middle of the road. Snapping its head back up with a sickening crack of vertebrae, a golden light begins to shine from the eyes of its helmet. It glowers at the confused swordsman. "Justice be done."

    The blade of cold iron swings forth, blazing with holy light.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First daily use of smite evil
    Attack roll: (1d20+13)[22]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[9], +4 if target is evil
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+13)[30]
    Crit Damage: (1d10)[2]
    Overcomes damage reduction X/evil
    Improved Smite damage: (1d6)[6] if target is evil
    If attack hit, 1 STR damage from target

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Martha dithers, uncertain how to interprit the jostling she is getting... she ends up doing nothing.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Delaying until my initiative next round, or someone attacks Trygg.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Guided by his supernatural goodness, the paladin's blade finds a gap in his assailants armor, finding fur and flesh beneath. Though the warrior stays on his feet, it's clear that between this and Hyacinth's and Ixen's attacks he's badly wounded.

    As if unsure what to do, Jopin moves as if to hamper the paladin in some way, but hesitates too much for it to amount to anything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hyacinth's up.


    Spoiler: map
    Show
    ! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z @ # $
    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    6
    7 Cloak 1
    8 Hyacinth + 10
    9 Jopin
    10 Paladin Sword-Guy Blonde Woman
    11 Ixen Cloak 2
    12
    13 Trygg/Martha
    14
    15
    16
    17
    18
    19
    20
    21
    22
    23
    24
    25
    26
    27
    28
    29
    30
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-06-18 at 09:12 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: True Heroes, IC

    Seeing the cloaked figure chanting, Hyacinth rises for a clear shot at him, and takes it.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Move action to I8+10' (vertical, not sure how to notate). Standard action to fire once at Cloak 2.
    Attack: (1d20+18)[25], +2 if Magebane applies (Arcane casting ability or arcane SLAs)
    Damage: (1d4+1)[3] piercing + (1d6)[2] acid
    Magebane damage: (2d6)[11] piercing
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •