Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: True Heroes, IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: True Heroes, IC

The woman jerks in surprise at the paladin's touch. She glances at Jopin, pauses, then speaks, "I have."

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    You don't detect that this statement is a lie. Did you want to Sense Motive on something else?

Jopin jerks upright at her statement, looking back and forth between her and the party.
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-07-12 at 07:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Hyacinth keeps both crossbows trained on the blonde woman.

"Don't try anything."

Spoiler: Record of retcon
    Show
    Originally said:
    Hyacinth drifts to the ground and dismisses one crossbow, replacing it with a domed hut/shield with a single wide slit, through which she aims her other crossbow at the blonde woman.
    However, a little math shows that such a dome would weigh far too much for the twenty-pound weight limit even if it was only one inch thick, half Hyacinth's height, half a dome (so still open in the back), and made of balsa wood. So I'm sticking with altitude.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-07-13 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #153

Trygg was happy that no one had complaints about his actions to call a truce and agree to heal her, in return for information. Especially as he didn't have any method of healing her himself. The warforged wasn't surprised to hear that Jopin had been enchanted, as they had thought that was the case before beginning the battle. More importantly, Trygg stepped up himself, asking. "Why did you enchant him?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ixen bends down and wipes his rapier off on the clothing of the dead sword-guy. He then paces around to the side of the blonde woman, holding his rapier at his side.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The woman hesitates for a moment, as the party surrounds her, "I wanted him to believe we were good people." She looks imploringly at the paladin, "If you would, my companions are dying around us. Could you please save them?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

A moment's hesitation is the paladin's reply before turning and moving to each of her downed comrades. Each time he touches them, the golden light surrounds his hand, though it is more intense this time. The bell at the paladin's belt begins chiming softly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lay on hands, 4 hp each for a total of 12

EDIT: Wanted to make a Sense Motive on whether she is really cooperating, but that might be kind of redundant now.

DOUBLE EDIT: When I say a moment, I mean a couple of seconds, not 90 seconds. Want to be clear about that.
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2014-07-12 at 09:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The paladin's healing staunches the flow of blood from his foes. Though the fighter and archer continue to lie in their blood, the summoner opens his eyes, in the same weakened state as the blond woman, looking up at the paladin in confusion, "What...?"

8. - Top - End - #158

The paladin leans close to the summoner's face, eyes glowing faintly through its helm's eyeholes. "Thank your companion for caring about your life as much as her own." Standing up straight, it looks back toward the blonde woman. "Do you serve under a man named Ordesiel Silvane?"

9. - Top - End - #159

GnomeWizardGuy

Ixen very calmly paces behind the blonde woman and plunges his rapier into her. I am not for letting people like her and her companions live. he says, wiping the blood off on her robe and kicking her over. People like her and her companions are why I agreed to this. Because from what I understand, we were sent to KILL them."

Spoiler: Coup de Grace
    Show
    (1d4+3)[6] multiply it by two because of the auto-crit
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

"How rude... you could have at least waited for the others to get more information out of her, and then discussed the matter with them like a civilized individual. All the same to me at the end of the day though...." Martha sniffs, and starts digging her claws through the dirt to rub the blood off of them.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-07-13 at 07:15 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

11. - Top - End - #161

Trygg's eyes darkened at the kobold's actions, anger at how he had took the women's life, even after he had promised that she would not be killed. Without hesitating, the dragonborn's arm shot out, a blast of arcane energy erupting from from his fingers and streaking across the air towards Ixen.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[7] vs Touch, and I belief Flat-Footed as well.
    (5d6)[22], damage

12. - Top - End - #162

GnomeWizardGuy

Ixen turns to Trygg as the bolt of energy zooms by his head. Warforged. Do you know what happens when you leave enemy survivors? They wake up, they heal, and they get re-equipped. Then they come back to kill you. he glares. You see.....they killed my wife. People like her that is. Some wandering party with a mission. That same party LET ME LIVE and that was a great mistake on their part. A mistake I do not intend to repeat.

But...if you do not like my methods I give you a choice... Ixen says, sheathing his blade and stepping back with arms stretched to his sides. Try to kill me. Someone who will fight with you. Or kill those who WILL fight against you.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2014-07-13 at 01:13 PM.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Mirror Image
    Show
    Mirror Image is still in effect, meaning you need to roll to hit the right target as well (1 is a hit). (1d5)[3]

The kobold's rapier flickers, and the blond woman falls to the ground, blood spilling out. The summoner rises to his feet with a gasp.

A moment later, Trygg's bolt zooms past Ixen.
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-07-13 at 02:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

"ENOUGH!" The thundering voice of the paladin echoes as it raises its sword and light blazes from its helm. "The battle is over!" Thinking quickly, it falls to its knees and uses the last of its healing to stabilize her.

Pointing a gauntleted hand at Ixen, it continues, "Do not confuse justice with vengeance. I am sorry for your wife, but the desire to inflict that suffering on others only leads to yet more injustice. Save your fire for the Mistress! If you continue down this road, I will not hesitate."

Turning its gaze back upon the summoner, it actually stops awkwardly. Eventually, it says, "...I am sorry. She obviously cares for you. Who is she?"
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2014-07-13 at 02:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

GnomeWizardGuy

Now isn't the time to cling to petty things like 'justice'. Ixen turns around and if you are going to make a habit of letting people like that live then you will die. Eventually you are going to realize how foolish you were. Ixen flaps his wings, flies thirty feet into the air, and starts gliding away.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

"And good riddance, if that's the sort he is. Revenge for death, as a motivator? He'd probably fall the same as the first lot. She'll just offer to bring them back or make him forget them or something."
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The summoner pauses for a moment, looking at the people arrayed before him. Finally, after Ixen departs, he answers the sword-wraith, "She was our leader. She grew up in the same town as I did, but I did not know her well."

18. - Top - End - #168

In the paladin's vision, the tiny spark of life is still visible within the woman. Reaching for its belt, it retrieves a healing kit. While it tends to her wounds, it asks, "Do the four of you know of a man named Ordesiel Silvane? Or is she the only one who knows anything?"
    Spoiler: Heal
    Show
    (1d20+6)[26]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Paladin has no problem treating the blonde woman's wounds. The summoner replies slowly, "All I know is that we were supposed to meet a man by that name."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Rarely one to side with the minority on any given topic of conversation, Martha adds her two coppers to the matter of Ixen as she watches the kobold fly away.
    "A most unpleasant and disruptive individual into the bargain." Martha says. She digs around in her pack and pulls out a toothbrush.

"Always good to remove the blood from the teeth after doing battle. Prevents premature fang loss. Be with you all in just a moment." she gives as an excuse then wanders casually off in the opposite direction from the one that the kobold took when departing. When and if she gets more than 200 feet away, she speaks again.

Spoiler: Listen DC 20
    Show
    "Colgate."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Bluff (1d20+7)[21]
    If I get that far, I'm activating my magic toothbrush and taking 1 minute to brush my teeth. This enhances all my natural weapons to +1 for the next 5 hours.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

21. - Top - End - #171

Trygg simply said nothing, watching as Ixen disregarded the others and left to fight by himself. He didn’t agree that it was good riddance, as the loss of an ally was never as pleasant occasion, but the warforged had to agree that it was most likely for the best. Ixen had already shown that he could not be trusted, and let his lust for revenge control his actions.

When the the summoner admitted that they were going to meet up to their target, the warforged grimly smiled, asking. “Do you know who he is expecting?” Trygg already thinking of how they could turn this to their advantage, either pretending to be the group that he was meant to meet, or by being the group’s ‘prisoners’... though the Paladin might take a while to convince to go along with an underhand tactic.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The summoner gives a resigned shrug, "I think there's a couple other groups moving through here. I'm not privy to all the details of the operation."

23. - Top - End - #173

"So. There's a chance that we can replace your fallen comrades as members of the group." Trygg said thoughtfully and with a grim smile at this information. "As we are healing you, and not straight out killing you, will you play along?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The summoner shrugs, "There's a chance. I don't mind assisting someone if it keeps me alive." He laughs softly to himself at this last comment.

25. - Top - End - #175

Looking over at the summoner, the paladin asks, "What's in the cart that was to be used in your mission?" It finishes wrapping the blonde woman with bandages.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The summoner glances at the cart. "Gold. Supplies. A few gifts for the temple."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

"Gifts? As an excuse to get to the temple, an alibi?"
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The man smiles, "Naturally."

29. - Top - End - #179

“Where are you Ordesiel Silvane exactly? Before reaching the temple, or afterwards?” Trygg questioned, trying to get a good idea of what lies ahead before they would procedee. Information is essential after all.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"We were to meet at the temple," the summoner replies.