Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: True Heroes, IC

1. - Top - End - #211

Default Re: True Heroes, IC

Trygg followed the group at the back of the group, not minding that it could be called the most lonely position of the convoy. When they began to discuss a nearby clearing to sleep, the dragonborn warforged spoke up, stating. "I have no need to sleep, so I will be able to stand guard by myself."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With Jopin pointing out the way, the clearing is easy to find. In a few places, the group needs to stop to get the cart through the difficult terrain, but the journey is otherwise uneventful. The clearing is about 20 feet across and approximately circular, surrounded by a circle of stones that appear to have fallen down several years ago. Moss has grown up over the stones and long grass has covered the entire clearing. Overhead, the branches are thinner, and one can see a clear path to the sky, though branches still pass through the entire area, created a clearing dappled with light from the sun.

In the clearing, there is a warforged, with a body crafted out of ironwood, accompanied by a badger.

Spoiler: Dirt
    Show
    That's you, Dirt, in case it isn't obvious.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Dirt turns to face the group and smiles, arms outstretched Hello there travelers he says in a calm and quiet voice. His gaze falls to the warforged in the group and his smile widens. See? he says motioning towards the other warforged and turning to the badger I knew I was not the only one to escape.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2014-09-03 at 09:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

"Only one" to escape? I hadn't thought it was that bad... honesty, or overacting?
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+7)[13]
    (the above was thought, not speech - Hyacinth is still hiding behind... huh. I never specified. Hiding somewhere, and we'll figure out where if it becomes relevant.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #215

Trygg was a little taken at back at this, and looked as his scaled hands, and robed body before turning back to the ironword warforged and said. As glad as I am to see you brother, how was it that you recognized me for what I am? My dragonborn visage often hides my warforged nature from others.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Surprised by this friendly new presence, the paladin asks, "What do you call yourself, woodforged? How did you come to be here?"

7. - Top - End - #217

GnomeWizardGuy

Dirt chuckles Mostly a hunch and a guess brother. When you live amongst nature for as long as I you tend to notice small things. he crouches and pinches some dirt between his fingers, standing up and throwing it to the wind. That which my feet have tread to bring me here is also what I go by, you may call me Dirt.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

8. - Top - End - #218

"Dirt? An interesting name." Trygg commented at this, wondering who had decided to name the Warforged such a lowly name, or if he had seen reason take it himself. The dragonborn decided not to comment anymore however, and spoke up, moving forwards to address him. "My name is Trygg, and I am a Covenanter. From how you speak of nature and have a companion in the form of animal, am I to believe you are a druid?"

9. - Top - End - #219

GnomeWizardGuy

Indeed I am brother. As well as something a little more.....As I am connected to the forest, so is the forest is connected to me. Dirt grasps his hat and pulls it off, revealing a small fern growing from the top of his head. I travel to the temple of Ehlonna to pray and meditate. Many things have happened recently that I must ponder.....
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

"What sort of things? Beyond the whole Dark-Lady-taking-over-everywhere thing."

"We were going to set up a camp, yes? How about we get on with that."
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #221

GnomeWizardGuy

Things like watching my grove, the grove I grew into, the grove that grew into me, my one peaceful place burn to ashes. Things like looking over the desolate planes of ash and gnarled stumps and finding one single creature alive. Dirt bends down and scratches his badger So, me and Ash here are searching for our own peace.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2014-09-14 at 02:11 PM.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

"Hah! Peace?! None of that to be found here! Fuss and bother 24/7/365..." can be heard (but not easily heard) from a certain back-pack.

Martha clamps her claws over her sotto voce outburst... she just couldn't help it. She slowly curls up into a tight ball of pure mortification.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

13. - Top - End - #223

"If you pay your respects to the goddess Ehlonna, then listen carefully to what I have to say: there is a plot to infiltrate and destroy the temple. We must find our way swiftly there on the 'morrow, so that we might stop it. Will you help us?"

14. - Top - End - #224

GnomeWizardGuy

Dirt sighs Perhaps your friend is right...perhaps peace is a foolish thing to search for but I will continue to search for it. he places his hat back on his head since our paths cross for the immediate future I will join you. I cannot say for afterwards though.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"'Will you help us?' More 'can,' I think. Why should we think a pacifist - and quite a noticeable one, at that - would be able to help us?"
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #226

GnomeWizardGuy

Assuming that because I seek my own peace, I am a pacifist. he smiles, his hand lingering over the club at his side. A wise man once said a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I say a single man, much less a druid, willing to help is worth a thousand who sit and watch.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

17. - Top - End - #227

The paladin clasps a hand around Dirt's shoulder in camaraderie.

"Well-spoken, my friend! Well said, indeed! With hearts such as yours, we cannot possibly lose!"

He turns to move the unconscious bodies from the wagon, eyeing the summoner.

"Would that all men had such courage..."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The summoner shrugs his shoulders, but says nothing.

19. - Top - End - #229

"Even a pacifist can lend us support, your knowledge in the wild will help us move though the woods, and your magic will surely be able to grant us strength and healing in battle." Tyrgg spoke after a moments silence to contemplate the situation once more. Dirt was an... interesting warforged that much was for sure.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"Point made."
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The sun sinks low as the party prepares their camp. The setting sun casts a strange pattern of shadows through the leaves, and though wind blows through the higher branches, the clearing is peaceful and still. When the sun finally sets, a relatively clear sky offers some light, though much of it is obscured by the trees, and normal vision can discern only about 10 ft. in front of it with any detail.

A variety of animals can be heard in the distance, but not seem inclined to approach the sleeping adventurers, until close to dawn, when Dirt suddenly hears what sounds like hooves approaching the area.

Spoiler: Prehysterical
    Show
    As before, the forest is full of living creatures, so your lifesense is casting light all over the place.

22. - Top - End - #232

GnomeWizardGuy

Rise and shine friends....hoofs approach us. Dirt says, his voice just above normal volume.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Martha walks out of the tent with iron-clad nonchalance.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+7)[18] "Nothing interesting here Mr Dirt. Nope. Not at all."
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #234

"Horses and riders, I wonder who they are." Trygg said quietly as he waited for their approached, relaxed and showing no signs of threat or hostility, but neither was he unready for battle if it came to that.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Hyacinth flies as high as she can get without being obstructed by branches, and waits cautiously.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

"What should we do?"asks the wyrmling, wringing her claws in social anxiety.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-10-05 at 05:02 AM.
    Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #237

"Wait for them to arrive." Trygg suggested easily, not that concerned about the horse's approach.

28. - Top - End - #238

The paladin checks on the status of Jopin and their prisoners, particularly the blonde woman.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll be in that tent if nobody minds... I don't want to be seen adventuring by anyone I don't have to be."
    Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Jopin and Ephien open their eyes as the paladin approaches them, and Ephien pushes himself to a sitting position. The rest of the group, the blond woman included, remain unconscious, so far as the paladin can tell.

As the rest of the group prepares themselves, a centaur male emerges in the pre-dawn light. The human half has olive skin with dark brown hair, and the horse half is solid brown. He glances at the party, except for the Martha, then at their captives, "I, uh, excuse me, I mean you no harm. But, um, might I ask what you are doing in this forest, and why you taken captives?"
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-10-06 at 08:43 PM.