Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: True Heroes, IC

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: True Heroes, IC

Hyacinth continues hiding under the canopy, observing silently.

Spoiler: Hide roll
    Show
    (1d20+13)[22]
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #242

Trygg decided to take a straight forwards approach and said bluntly. "We were traveling to the nearby temple, and encountered this lot traveling there as well. However, it was revealed that the guide had been enchanted by those we have captive, and they were part of the group planing to usurp the temple for the Dark Mistress. Due to the fight we had, we were unable to travel though the forest and stopped for the night. Does that answer your quest?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Martha remains very still within the closed (but not tied shut) tent, eaves-dropping and wondering if this will be another fight or if the visitor will go away.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Listen (1d20+9)[28]
    Sense Motive (1d20+9)[12]
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm just a traveler that decided there were safety in numbers. Dirt said, absent-mindidly scratching Ash's head.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The centaur blinks at Trygg's forthrightness, then addresses the group, "Well, if you wouldn't mind making a slight detour, my tribe has encountered another group of her agents. Would you be willing to help us deal with them?"

If he notices the dragon in the tent, he gives no sign of it.
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-10-12 at 06:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

(Martha is, in point of fact, not peeking out at all. Probably has no direst LoS from any part of her body to any part of the centaur's. He might see her silhouette against the canvas, hear her, or have seen/hear her before she went back inside the tent though.)
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-10-10 at 10:30 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #247

"I personally would like to, though I would have to discuss it with my companions first, if you are willing to give us five minutes of privacy?" Trygg requested politely, knowing that the others would be able to tell if he's lying, or evil.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    "I personally would like to, though I would have to discuss it with my companions first, if you are willing to give us five minutes of privacy?" Trygg requested politely, knowing that the others would be able to tell if he's lying, or evil.
    The centaur nods, "Naturally." He suits his words, moving back a good 100 feet into the woods.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Firbolg in the Playground

The paladin moves forward to speak, his voice low. "I sense no evil from this one, but this is too much coincidence for my liking. I say we follow, but let us be on our guard."

10. - Top - End - #250

"We're always on our guard." Trygg said wryly at the Paladin's comment, before looking around and asking. "Anyone in disagreement to going?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Martha pokes her head out. "Might as well I suppose. I'd prefer to stay here by, but... I don't think that would be safe?"
    Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #252

GnomeWizardGuy

Dirt turns to Martha That is wise, even to one such as yourself there is safety in numbers.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Martha's lips purse unhappily like she has bitten into a lemon, but she gathers her things and makes ready to travel.
    Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Hyacinth drops a single shadowy thread into the middle of the group, with a small sign holding the words "fine, but I'm staying hidden" hanging from it. She lets it vanish after a moment.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-10-16 at 12:11 AM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, my good lady, if you are going to... that is if you are going to do that, could you be a dear and take me with you? I mean if it isn't too much trouble? I do hate to be a bother, but I would be very appreciative." says Martha, looking at a random point in the tree-tops.
    Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

The sign is replaced by a Handy Haversack on somewhat more than a single thread.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #257

"If the handy haversack doesn't work than you can always hide in my backpack again." Trygg suggested, though he didn't know why the dragon was so obessed with keeping herself hidden from view... but well. Dragon.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Martha gets in the Haversack, relying on the fairy's skill at hiding to keep her unnoticed despite the fact that her nose is sticking out.
    Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

The Haversack is whisked back up.
    Spoiler: Presumably only for Martha's ears, though it's fine to look OOC
    Show
    "You really don't get the whole "stealth" thing, do you?"
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #260

The paladin approaches Jopin and the prisoners.

"We will be moving out soon. I expect you to behave yourselves," he warns.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Whispering, everyone please read OOC since I'm cracking myself up here
    Show
    "I'll have you know the curtains on the windows in my lair are the products of months of personal research into how to knit them to best allow me to peek out unobtrusively...""
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-10-18 at 11:48 PM.
    Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jopin and Ephien stand up after the paladin speaks to them, Jopin nods after the Paladin speaks. Ephien looks at his unconscious companions, then at the paladin and raises his eyebrows.

23. - Top - End - #263

As the Paladin tends to the others, Trygg turned to the centuar and stepped forwards to him, saying that. "We have agreed to come with you. All that's left is to pack up and then we will be able to follow." The dragonborn warforged speaking calmly, despite the potential for a trap.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The centaur breathes a sigh of relief at Trygg's words, "Thank you so much." He begins to lead the party off in the direction he came from.

The prisoners wake up when the Paladin comes over, the archer scowls viciously while Ephien and the blonde woman explain what happened, but he and the swords-man (whose skin has long since returned to normal) follow without complaint.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    I need marching order/position/any special instructions (I'm assuming Martha stays in the sack, but I need them from everyone else)

Dirt: You should probably put up a list of what spells you have prepared now. Since you don't need to sleep and haven't been doing anything stressful, I won't give you a hard time about the timing of it.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Hyacinth follows along in the treetops, trying to remain out of sight.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I assume you'd roll Hide and/or Move Silently secretly once per some time/distance, instead of me rolling once for it all here? If not I can do a roll-post in the OOC.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #266

Being that he had turned into the spokesman of the group, at least for now. Trygg decided it was best for him to be at the front of the group as he followed the centaur. Trusting that the others would follow, and make sure the prisoners didn't try to escape either.

27. - Top - End - #267

Stationing himself behind the dragonforged, the paladin tries to keep a vigilant eye out for any potential ambushes. Every now and then, he glances over his shoulder to ensure that their prisoners are following quietly.

28. - Top - End - #268

GnomeWizardGuy

Placing himself somewhere near the middle of the group Dirt kept an even pace, looking around at the surrounding forest.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The centaur leads the group through the woods. The forest is thick, and their path does not seem particularly well traveled, making going slow. After about an hour, they reach a clearing. Inside the clearing, a centaur child sits on it's haunches, tears in its eyes. A woman in a black hooded cloak with a pale, lopsided face holds a knife to it's throat, and a pair of hulking grey monsters stand behind her with glazed eyes. She looks at each member of the party in turn, excepting Hyacinth and Martha, and also of their prisoners. She shows her teeth in what might conceivably be a smile and says, "Well isn't this wonderful. You've found them. Perhaps your foal can live after all."

Spoiler: Prehysterical
    Show
    The grey monsters don't have any life-glow (the woman and centaur both do).
    Last edited by GameSpawn; 2014-10-28 at 07:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

A rush of emotions rush through the paladin as this tableau presents itself: betrayal, anger, confusion. His fists clench and righteous fury threatens to boil over within him. Through an effort of will, he is able to calm himself. Rushing into battle now would likely only lead to the young centaur's death, out of nothing but sheer spite.

Finally, he says, "...How did you know? How could you possibly have known?" His voice sounds especially mournful echoing in his helm.