You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Marvel Universe Heal/Hurt II

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each day any person on this forum can vote to Hurt (-1 Health) and Heal (+1 Health) (once each, unless otherwise stated) one of the listed characters. Each character starts the game with 10 Health. There is no max Health. When a character ends the day with their Health below 0 they are listed as UNCONSCIOUS. Last character standing wins.

Endgame begins when there are four characters or less left alive and takes exactly two days. All special days and God Powers are canceled and UNCONSCIOUS characters go straight to the LIMBO list. The remaining four characters are then reduced to a single hp and divided up into two brackets for semifinals matches. All players get one heal and one hurt vote per match. If you only cast a Heal vote in an Endgame match, then a Hurt vote will be assumed for the opponent and vice-versa. The winners are paired up for a Championship match the next day while the losers go to a Consolation match to decide third place. The rules regarding the two matches are the same on the second day as on the first.

Changing your votes is permitted at any time up until I post the new day.

Special Days:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medical Monday: Every player gains an extra Heal vote to assign how they wish.

Triathlon Tuesday: The character with the most ‘Triathlon’ votes at the end of the day activates a two-choice vote as if they had Powered Up, but does not go into Power Up status.

Wham Wednesday: Every player gains an extra Hurt vote to assign how they wish.

Three Choice Thursday: Three choices for a new character will be presented. However, these are guidelines. If a player submits the name of a Marvel character they would rather have join the crew and it passes by a majority vote from agreeing players, that character will join instead.

Freedom Friday: Every player has a total of three votes to assign as heal or hurt votes however they want.

Smackdown Saturday: The two living characters who receive the most ‘Smackdown’ votes will engage in a duel, with the character having the highest Health of the duo gaining +5, and the one with the lowest losing 5. Some characters will win over other characters no matter how much health they have, such as Magneto vs. Wolverine.

Saving Grace Sunday: The UNCONSCIOUS character that receives the most Revive votes will be raised from their state at 10 Health. Characters who are unconscious for two Saving Grace Sundays without being Revived go to LIMBO, are permanently eliminated from the game and cannot be Revived ever, unless something incredible happens. UNCONSCIOUS characters who are not Revived on a Saving Grace Sunday are listed as UNCONSCIOUS to show that they only have one more Saving Grace Sunday before going to LIMBO. As well, a character that has been Revived will have a ‘+’ next to their name to signify this, and the next time they fall UNCONSCIOUS, they instead go directly to LIMBO. Also, if an UNCONSCIOUS character takes direct (as in, they're the only ones affected) damage from a Power, they instantly go to LIMBO.

Powering Up:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When a character reaches 20 Health, they have enough raw power and experience in the field to POWER UP. When in this state, the character is immune to all hurts and heals, and cannot be affected by any special day bonuses or powers that do not specifically target them. Additionally, two choices become available to the players related to the character in question, that can hurt, heal, or have a special effect on one or a group of other characters. POWER UP effects cannot affect another character who is also in POWER UP mode unless otherwise stated in the power description. POWER UP lasts for one day. The day after they POWERED UP a character experiences POWER UP COOLDOWN during which time they are reduced to 15 Health plus an additional 2 Health for each previous time they have POWERED UP. The amount of Health required to POWER UP increases by 5 each time. Characters who are 5 or less Health away from POWERING UP will have their health colored blue to alert players of their status.

If a character is reduced to 0 Health or less, they also trigger a power, called a Beatdown power.

SUPER COMBO!
    Spoiler
    Show
    If five or more powers (Beatdown and Regular can be combined for this purpose) activate at once, that day becomes a Super-Combo day, affecting not only some of the powers but the next few days as well.

First, all powers add a third option to the choices list, and the top TWO most voted will pass.

Second, the next day’s power effect will be changed (if six characters activated, the day after will also change, the day after that if seven, etc.).

Thirdly, a number of powers equal to the total that day divided by two will be supercharged. For example, if six characters hit Power Up on the same day, for three of those characters, all three options will change from ‘Heal’ to ‘Instant-Power-Up’ or ‘Hurt’ to ‘Instant Unconsciousness’.

For example, if one of the two chosen on a Fusion day were Thor, the options may look like this for the God of Thunder:

Still My Brother: Power Up Loki
    Puny Human, Your Ego Needs To Be Curbed: KO Iron Man
    Respected Warrior: Power Up Captain America

If the most voted powers were Still My Brother and Puny Human, Iron Man would be knocked out and Loki would Power Up.

The next available opportunity to trigger a Super Combo is the day AFTER all effects have ceased. So if on Monday four heroes Powered Up, then Tuesday and Wednesday's effects would be doubled, on Thursday no effects would occur additionally, and on Friday you could trigger another.

Special Super-Combo Days -
    Spoiler
    Show
    Retcon Sunday - One unconscious or in limbo character is retconned into life, returning to 10 HP

Healing Factor Monday - The character with the most votes will start regenerating, gaining 3 Health per day for a number of days equal to their current health divided by 3 if it’s below 20, or divided by 5 if it’s above 20. The healing factor can’t send someone to Power Up, though. They’ll stop 1 Health short.

Ultimate Power Tuesday - The character with the most votes is sent to Power Up mode, but both powers are doubled in effect. As well, all enemies of that character take 2 damage.

Killed Off For Real Wednesday - The character who receives the most KofR votes is set to unconscious status if alive, or limbo status if unconscious.

Player Appeal Thursday - Every player votes for a character they like (that isn’t already in) or a character another player has suggested. The two with the most votes join the game.

Heal/Hurt Bomb Friday - Each player gets 3 votes to spend how they like. However, if all three are spent on a hurt, the hurt character takes double damage for today and the next, and if they are all heals, the opposite occurs.

Spectacular Standoff Saturday - Everyone votes for a character to participate. The one with the most votes enters Power Up, and those with the least votes takes 10 damage or the new Health of the winner divided by 5 (whichever is higher). However, if there is a tie with no clear winner, all of the participating characters lose their current health, and are rendered UNCONSCIOUS.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2014-05-24 at 11:31 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Marvel Universe Heal/Hurt

I'm back, ladies and gentlemen.

First order of business! We need to get some characters in here. As I recall, I provided complementary slots last time. Not so again. Instead, all players will get two votes. This vote will determine our starting roster. Thus, one player could vote for Red Skull and Scarlet Witch, and so forth.

Multiple votes for the same character are a waste of votes, but don't do anything special.

The game begins tomorrow at sundown. Get voting!
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Marvel Universe Heal/Hurt

Dead Pool and Luke Cage

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Marvel Universe Heal/Hurt II

Iron Fist/Danny Rand and Quicksilver/Pietro Maximoff please

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

No love for the villains/antiheroes?

Venom and Sentry/Void, please.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2014-03-21 at 10:30 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Green Goblin (not a game winner maybe, but he still deserves some mention in my taste)
    Captain America (we'll even need somebody to smack down, won't we?)
    Was vernünftig ist, das ist wirklich; und was wirklich ist, das ist vernünftig. (G.W.F.H.)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

What is this?

How about... Al Gore and Manbearpig.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    What is this?

How about... Al Gore and Manbearpig.
    Hm. The former is technically part of the MU, as far as I'm aware. The second...not so much.

This is essentially a forum-based game show. By vote, the players systematically eliminate or assist competitors (from this particular branch of the comic book industry). Full rules are in the first spoiler of the OP.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I figured Deadpool would be on the list almost immediately.

"Check me out! I'm more popular than Wolverine now!"

We have representatives from quite a few super teams right off the bat, actually. Half the Thunderbolts are on our roster, both Heroes for Hire, the first Avenger, an Inhuman/Brotherhood member, and...uh...Sentry.

"It's so good to be recognized."

I'll let Windstruck retain their two votes should they elect to stay in the game. Otherwise, the polls are open, and with any luck, they shall be tallied alongside a shiny new forum a week or so from now.

And now for the daily announcements. Luke?

"I'll keep this short and sweet, because Danny and I have a rumble to get ourselves caught up in. Today's Smackdown Saturday, and that means the folks in the spectator booths get a vote each."

"The two competitors with the most votes will go head to head in the ring. Two go in, and two come out, but one will be flush with victory and the other...less so."

"Man, you know what this reminds me of?"

"Mortal Kombat?"

"How'd you guess?"

"I still remember the 'Johnny Cage' job, even if you suppressed the memory."

"What's that? I can't hear you, I'm busy wailing on Osborn!"

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Character Health Change Effects
    Captain America 10 - -
    Deadpool 10 - -
    Green Goblin 10 - -
    Iron Fist 10 - -
    Luke Cage 10 - -
    Quicksilver 10 - -
    Sentry 10 - -
    Venom 10 - -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

Polls Open For Smackdown Saturday
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2014-03-31 at 08:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Heal Deadpool
    Hurt Captain America
    Smackdown Green Goblin
    Last edited by Meph; 2014-03-22 at 05:33 AM.
    Was vernünftig ist, das ist wirklich; und was wirklich ist, das ist vernünftig. (G.W.F.H.)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really enough votes for a Smackdown. It looks like everyone declared a truce.

"Not my fault. I tried to lay a beat down on the Goblin, but he flew away on his hoverboard."

"I'd like to see you try and catch me, Cage!"

"In news that's not at a stalemate, it's finally Friday. We've provided care packages of three votes to each player. Heals and hurts in any combination."

"But mostly heals. For ME."

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 9 -1 -
    Deadpool 11 +1 -
    Green Goblin 10 - -
    Iron Fist 10 - -
    Luke Cage 10 - -
    Quicksilver 10 - -
    Sentry 10 - -
    Venom 10 - -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Polls Open For Freedom Friday

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Triple hurt Captain America

You could consider to add an index of voices' colours and charachters. Whose was that red selfish one asking for heals?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Colors now added to the names of characters in the results table.

"This seems familiar..."

"All right, time for a rematch, Goblin!"

"Not unless you've grown wings in the interval."

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 6 -3 -
    Deadpool 11 - -
    Green Goblin 10 - -
    Iron Fist 10 - -
    Luke Cage 10 - -
    Quicksilver 10 - -
    Sentry 10 - -
    Venom 10 - -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Polls Open For Smackdown Saturday

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Heal Deadpool
    Hurt Captain America
    Smackdown Green Goblin
    And... Summon Player IX!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"Call me crazy, but I don't think you're high enough level to cast that spell yet."

Yeah, and the game isn't high enough level to register a Smackdown. Still.

"I'll get him eventually!"

"Seeing as how no one's knocked out yet, there's nothing special about this Sunday except that we've gone another day without Sentry killing everyone."

"Are you people ever going to let the Void thing go?"

"Probably not."

"Nope."

"Not a chance."

"MEDIC!!"

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 5 -1 -
    Deadpool 12 +1 -
    Green Goblin 10 - -
    Iron Fist 10 - -
    Luke Cage 10 - -
    Quicksilver 10 - -
    Sentry 10 - -
    Venom 10 - -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Polls Open For Normal Sunday

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Normal heal Deadpool
    Normal hurt Captain America
    Sigh, I had not levels enough to cast that spell. But a player can dream. Or download Progress Quest and let it cast.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    -- ayer IX!
    What? Goddamnit, not this again!!

WindStruck won't obey! He hurts a random character in his confusion!
    Hurt: Venom
    Heal: Iron Fist

*disappears in a poof*

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a little late in the day to just proceed with Monday, so we'll do doubles early. Fisty, the rules?

"The rules are 'don't call me Fisty'."

"All right, this here's Medical Monday. Pretty simple. Every player gets an extra heal vote to toss around."

"In this case, it's me and my healing hand."

"Healing factor."

"Super Soldier Serum (ow)."

"Pfaugh! I'll stick with my drugs, thank you!"

"Alien symbiote."

"I'm invincible to begin with."

"Uh, okay. It's MOSTLY me and my healing hand."

"Second order of the day; Triathlon day. You cast a vote each, and the winner gives the rest of us a piece of his mind."

"You know, having run a few Triathlons in my time, I can safely say they're nothing like this."

"Oh, shut up and die so I can have your shield. I bet it sells for like a billion dollars on eBay!"

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 4 -1 -
    Deadpool 13 +1 -
    Green Goblin 10 - -
    Iron Fist 11 +1 -
    Luke Cage 10 - -
    Quicksilver 10 - -
    Sentry 10 - -
    Venom 9 -1 -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Polls Open For Medical Monday/Triathlon Tuesday

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Man, you make awesome games. I think I will stick around even though I don't really know.... 5 of these guys.

Heals: 2 for poor Captain America

Hurt: 1 for Mr. "I'm invincible"

And how about a triathlon thing for... quicksilver. He's been awfully quiet.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Heal Deadpool and Green Goblin
    Hurt Captain America
    Triathlon Quicksilver

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I will stick around even though I don't really know.... 5 of these guys.
    Well, you know, a 45% margin isn't bad.

"I'm back."

You LEFT?! How? Why? Where were you?!

"I went to the moon for some popcorn. I didn't miss anything, did I?"

"We don't have any orbital transport..."

"Who says I flew?"

"You walked to the moon?"

"Don't be ridiculous. My speed only works under pressure. I ran to the moon."

"B."

"Hm. That's actually closer to a Triathlon than I thought we'd get."

"S."

"Whatever. Popcorn?"

"No thanks. It's stupid onomatopoeia day. Two hurts per player. Fantastic."

"Why is HE announcing?!"

"Fair play. Also, full disclosure; I stole your chain belt."

"You little punk-!"

"Sold for eighty grand on eBay."

"...Really? What else of mine you figure we could sell?"

"Your jeans, probably. (Sucker)."

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 5 +1 -
    Deadpool 14 +1 -
    Green Goblin 11 +1 -
    Iron Fist 11 +1 -
    Luke Cage 10 - -
    Quicksilver 10 - Triathlon Winner
    Sentry 9 -1 -
    Venom 9 - -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Special Powers Available Today:

Friction: -3 Venom
    Spacers: +3 Sentry

Polls Open For Wham Wednesday

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Friction
    Hurt: 2 on venom
    WHAM!!

Heal: quicksilver. Because popcorn is tasty.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2014-04-09 at 04:07 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Heal Deadpool
    Double hurt captain America
    Friction

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll go out on a limb and say some of us needed that."

"AAARRAAAGH IT BURNS US!"

"Guess you can't please everyone. Listen up; someone's getting dropped off tonight. We got three vague hints, but it could still be anybody."

"That means you can vote to bring in any Marvel character you want, kids - those triplets below us are just guidelines!"

"All right. Someone translate. What's he going on about now?"

"Just go with it."

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 3 -2 -
    Deadpool 15 +1 -
    Green Goblin 11 - -
    Iron Fist 11 - -
    Luke Cage 10 - -
    Quicksilver 11 +1
    Sentry 9 - -
    Venom 4 -5 -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Suggestions Available for Three Choice Thursday:

Colored Skulls
    Coated Skulls
    Smashing Skulls

Polls Open For Three Choice Thursday

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Heal Deadpool
    Hurt Captain America
    Coated Skulls

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

I have no idea what these skulls are supposed to even mean.

Jack Skellington? Wait, not from Marvel. haha

Heal deadpool
    Hurt Luke Cage

Skulls... uh...? yes sure why not...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

In this case, the skulls are coated in fire.

"Ahh. I remember this game. Let's get going - I have vengeance to wreak."

"That's just great. Now we've got a skeleton with a vendetta. Friday again, folks, that means three votes however you want 'em."

"You feel that? That's me, about to level up."

"I see I already have my first target."

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 2 -1 -
    Deadpool 17 +2 -
    Ghost Rider 10 - Joined
    Green Goblin 11 - -
    Iron Fist 11 - -
    Luke Cage 11 +1 -
    Quicksilver 11 -
    Sentry 9 - -
    Venom 4 - -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Polls Open For Freedom Friday

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Cool, ghost rider! I was thinking of him! (BTW, I hurt Luke Cage)

Heal: 1 ghost rider
    |
    |
    v
    Hurt: 2 deadpool

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Hurt Sentry
    Double hurt captain America

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gah! I was hoping I could get away with that."

"Me too! Ow!"

"And that's what we call vengeance."

"What about Cap?"

"That's what we call just too damn bad. Now get back to the game before I roast one of you."

Sorry about how late this ended up being. I lost track of a bunch of things, this being one of them. This would technically be a raise dead day, but oddly, I don't think anyone wants to get Cap back u[. So two heals, two hurts, and a smackdown vote each.

Character Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain America 0 -2 UNCONSCIOUS
    Deadpool 15 -2 -
    Ghost Rider 11 +1
    Green Goblin 11 - -
    Iron Fist 11 - -
    Luke Cage 9 - -
    Quicksilver 11 -
    Sentry 8 -1 -
    Venom 4 - -
    + = Raised
    * = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Polls Open For Smackdown Saturday/Saving Grace Sunday