New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: monk deflection

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default monk deflection

you know that deflect arrow feat (not exclusive to monks but i'm playing a monk in a game). What's the exact wording of the deflect arrow feat, is it only arrows and thrown weapons and such. my group got into a debate about it because giants were throwing boulders and my dm said i couldn't deflect them. Which realisticly i couldn't, but D@D bends reality like a pretzel.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: monk deflection

From www.d20srd.org :

Deflect Arrows [General]

Prerequisites

Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.
    Benefit

You must have at least one hand free (holding nothing) to use this feat. Once per round when you would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, you may deflect it so that you take no damage from it. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
    Attempting to deflect a ranged weapon doesn’t count as an action. Unusually massive ranged weapons and ranged attacks generated by spell effects can’t be deflected.
    Special

A monk may select Deflect Arrows as a bonus feat at 2nd level, even if she does not meet the prerequisites.
    A fighter may select Deflect Arrows as one of his fighter bonus feats.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: monk deflection

From the PH:
    DEFLECT ARROWS [GENERAL]
    Prerequisites: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.
    Benefit: You must have at least one hand free (holding nothing) to use this feat. Once per round when you would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, you may deflect it so that you take no damage from it. You must be aware of the attack and not flatfooted.
    Attempting to deflect a ranged weapon doesn't count as an action. Unusually massive ranged weapons and ranged, such as boulders hurled by giants, and ranged attacks generated by spell effects, such as Melf' acid arrow, can't be deflected.
    Special: A monk may select Deflect Arrows as a bonus feat at 2nd level, even if she does not meet the prerequisites.
    A fighter may select Deflect Arrows as one of his fighter bonus feats.
    emphasis mine

Sorry, no boulder deflection.

Sumu'ed!
    Last edited by urodivoi; 2007-02-06 at 09:43 PM.
    Urodivoi