New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Crawling Pubs, Not Dungeons [IC Thread]

Mavra scales the ceiling and than with a flick of her wrists sends a powerful blast of eldritch energy. Sadly the strange positioning has thrown off her aim and the blast strikes the door sending bits of burnt wood flying in a explosion.
    The bugbear only huddles behind his tower shield raises his massive warhammer and than freezes. Than like a plank he falls to the ground his armor making a massive banging sound as he connects with the floor. You turn just for a moment to notice Nomen lowing her hands and looking smug.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Nomen spares no time in rushing over to the bugbear as soon as he keels over, kicking away the hammer and shield before confirming the grunt is fast asleep. Having done so, it turns to Mavra, opening the north-side door and waving her onwards.

"Quick, don't let him get away; I will follow you shortly."

The changeling then addresses the frightened dwarf in the corner, superficially trying to calm the poor creature.

"Don't worry, we will catch the one responsible."

Augmenting the calming words with a measure of its innate magic, Nomen tries to persuade the dwarf to leave, allowing the wilder a moment to work in peace.

"Are you uninjured? Can you run and get help?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Using Charm Person (DC 15) to hopefully aid in getting rid of the dwarf for a while without resorting to the far more draining alternative of enchanting it too to fall asleep.
    Until further notice, expect sporadic breaks in posting.

Ernest Gary Gygax (1938 – 2008)
    David Lance Arneson (1947 – 2009)
    Dungeons & Dragons (1974 – ∞)

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra runs through the door as Nomen waves her on.

Don't lag behind too much, I'll need you to hold him steady while I skin him...

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    double move action (60') outside, in pursuit of her shoes/purse to-be
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #754

AssassinGuy

Mavra dashes after Huskin and follows him closely as they twist back and forth between the small streets. Finally he stops at about fifty feet ahead and twists about drawing a short sword from his scabbard.
    " You ****ing bitch. He growls " Couldn't mind your own business.." He snarls and starts to charge and you note the side of the blades seem to be leaking some kind of green liquid.
    (Roll int again to see who goes first.)

Nomen calms the dwarf enough that he stands up and quickly flees through the door you came in avoiding the large bugbear. You hear a loud snort from the the bugbear who snores peacefully.
    Last edited by Jacon; 2015-10-31 at 03:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Her threats and curses are beginning to sound uncomfortably serious... perhaps I should have let this one be when the other woman... Jade... left. I could just leave, right now, and the witch would never find me. And who could blame me, really? I have never given much care to keeping my word before...

Sincerely considering abandoning Mavra to seek adventure elsewhere, Nomen allows her a generous head start on her chase.

...but then again, I am still curious to see how it all plays out in the long run... and it would be a shame to miss a proper ball with actual honoraries attending, as opposed to the ones I am used to. And in any case, if the sorceress turns out to be as barbaric as her language implies, I am sure I will be excused for choosing not to participate in her savagery.

Show
    This is a "stalling for time" kind of post. Go on play out a round or two of the duel, I will reveal my actual plans soon enough.
    Last edited by TheDragonmaster; 2015-10-30 at 09:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+5)[10]

As soon as Huskin turns around, Mavra scales the wall and fires a blast from her fingertips.

Show
    move 20' up the wall,

attack:

to hit: (1d20+4)[12]
    damage: (2d6)[7]
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

7. - Top - End - #757

AssassinGuy

Mavra, seeing Huskin charging her, leaps unto the back wall and scurries up. She twists around and shoots a eldritch blast that almost strikes his head but he manages to duck under it. With a snarl seeing you out of reach he slings his blade at you
    Spoiler: Huskins attack
    Show

(1d20+1)[16]

You take three points of damage as the blade connects with your hip badly bruising it. Seeing how your out of reach he twists about and starts running again for the busier part of town. At the moment he's only 20 feet down the street.

Nomen holds back for the moment surprised by Mavras rage.
    Last edited by Jacon; 2015-12-19 at 06:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra runs along the walls ans hoots Huskin again

Show
    attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    damage (2d6)[10]
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Drawing a deep breath, Nomen gets to work, hurrying outside to find one of the fallen goblin bodies. On arrival, it commits the appearance to memory as best it can, snatches a bow and a few key pieces of apparel, and gets back inside quickly before too much attention has time to gather around the scene of battle.

Concentrating on the mental image, the changeling shrinks as much as its body allows, skin and hair warping and changing colour, until in its shoes stand what it believes to be a decent replica of the dead goblin archer.

Nomen quickly stuffs as much of its belongings as can fit into its pack, wrangles itself into the goblinoid clothing, and finishes the look by generous application of dust, grime, and a dash of blood, in particular in and around the face.

Standing over the slumbering bugbear, the wilder pauses again to consider the situation.

This is a decidedly awful plan, among my worst even... but would I really want to have it any other way?

10. - Top - End - #760

AssassinGuy

Mavra runs along the wall chasing Huskin down. He stumbles and seeing a prime opening she fires a eldritch blast that catches him fully in the back. With a grunt of surprise he falls face first into the dirt and does a half roll from his own momentum. He than lies face down in the ground, smoke slowly fading from his scorched back.

Nomen meanwhile loots a goblin of prime clothing and his bow and disguises herself as the goblin. Taking a few moments to finish the disguise by adding a fair amount of grime and dirt to her face she makes her way back to the bugbear to consider the next step in her plan.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra walks up to Huskin and lines up another shot for good measure.

Spoiler: always doubletap!
    Show

move to 30' range
    Atttack: (1d20+4)[9]
    damage: (2d6)[11]

this is without modifiers from prone or taking one's time to coup de Grace.

If what I think would happen, happened I have enough leather for a new purse. and maybe some shoes too.

You worth less cretin! You will make a fine pair of shoes and maybe a nice clutch. All my friends will be jealous of my immaculate goblin skin shoes. I won´t be waering them to the children, though they won´t know it´s you, but otherwise you will make a fair ensemble.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2016-01-04 at 02:47 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

12. - Top - End - #762

AssassinGuy

Mavra walks up from the ground as Huskin attempts to stand up but his strength leaves him and he falls back to the ground coughing up blood. He looks up weakly at Mavra as he's trembling fingers attempt to grasp a dagger on his belt.
    "You worth less cretin! You will make a fine pair of shoes and maybe a nice clutch. All my friends will be jealous of my immaculate goblin skin shoes. I won´t be waering them to the children, though they won´t know it´s you, but otherwise you will make a fair ensemble."
    " You won't be enjoying them for very long. He's gonna burn you alive for messing with his plans...
    He spits blood at Mavra but it falls short and than with a snap of her fingers a blast of eldritch magic takes Huskin in the face. He slumps and is still.

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn double tap. I was gonna attempt a surprise attack.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

As Mavra finally has the raw materials for her purse and shoes she points at the nearest idling youth.

You there! Come over here. I need you to run a message for me. Here is something for your troubles. Run to the Necropolis, tell the front desk Mavra F. sent you. Tell them to follow you back, bring a cart for a body and that they will need to keep it fresh. If you come back to me after you have carried out these instruction I'll have 5 more gold for you.

As Mavra sees the youth off she paces around the body

Nomen! Durg! I believe we have some unfinished business at hand. Come now, I won't bite... For now...

Spoiler
    Show
    Believe me if I say that I have learned this lesson the hard way. ALWAYS double tap. No exceptions.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

As the changeling reaches for the bugbear, it pauses, then adjusts its face somewhat. Though it had seen broken jaws before, Nomen had yet to see a goblin with one, but it does its best improvising what it hopes is a believable look. After the slight change, it takes a quick jog around the room to work up a pulse, and rushes over to the bugbear to shake it violently but weakly.

As the creature begins to awaken from its magical slumber, the shapechanger begins its act proper, yelling in a loud moan, trying to at once emulate the high-pitched goblin voices while also trying to sell the idea of a broken jaw. Not being able to speak the goblin language, it seems like the best compromise in the situation; better not to raise suspicion by speaking the common trade language. The garbled yelling is accompanied by furious gesturing, mostly split between cowering and pointing repeatedly at the door Huskin fled out through closely chased by Mavra; Nomen hoping to at least get that point across through its non-verbal communication.

Show
    How was I supposed to know you would actually catch the guy? I thought we would need another way to find him after he got away .
    Last edited by TheDragonmaster; 2016-01-10 at 09:32 AM.

15. - Top - End - #765

AssassinGuy

Mavra flags down a young boy who looks terrified as she gives her direction and he quickly scampers off. Feeling good and finally having what she needs for her new wardrobe she calls out for Durg and Marva just before the massive bugbear appears from where they fled from. He stops when he see's Huskins body and stares at you behind his red helmet. He shrugs his shoulders and raises his hammer to charge before he suddenly hears loud footsteps from behind. He quickly reconsiders his plan and makes his way down one the many alleyways.

Moments later Durg appears looking almost fully healed except for a few burn spots. Behind him come the surviving Pickers. He pauses and glares at the body.
    " Looks like you've done us Pickers a bit of a service.. With Huskin dead the goblins tribe should separate again and become easily controlled as they were before his coming. I think you've earned this."
    The massive troll hands over the bag of gems he offered you before.
    " Should you need some help the Pickers are at your service. I'll make sure you can get into any of our territories without hassle…"

A wagon eventually comes to cart the body away.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

As Durg enters the scene Mavra eyes him with a suspiciously friendly smile.

"I am glad we could do business to a satisfying conclusion. I appreciate the courtesy and I think we will meet again.

AS the aforementioned youth comes towards her as the body is carted away he hesitates. Mavra notices him and calls him.

Well done! You already seem to know better then a lot of people I have met. Here are the 5gp I promised. If you ever fancy a job ask for me in the Necropolis. I'll see what I can do.

Now, where is that Nomen fellow!

Nomen, if you can hear me, I'm going back to the Necropolis, you may, if you want to, accompany me.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming we are done at this scene and Nomen sees Mavra and follows her, Mavra does the following.

I'll also be taking the liberty of roleplaying the clerks at the Necropolis

As Mavra enters the Necropolis, covered in blood and gore for the second time a secretary sees her coming and starts running. The rest of the staff hardly raises an eyebrow. Mavra meets at the front desk with an elderly man.

Jarrod, how good to see you again, i see the training of the new girl hasn't been completed yet? She seems to be leaking.

Mistress F. yes she rather has a disconsertingly weak stomach. I do think she will grow into the job eventually. I trust you'd like some medical, or indeed some clerical, attention while you wait for the victim to be put on your table? And shall I send for your surgical tools or a skinner's knife?

I gather I will have need of both. However, what I would want first is a nice refreshing bath and my wounds treated. I do indeed need the services of a cleric. I'll attend to my boots to be in 2 hours. Or do you recon his skin makes for a better purse?

In any case, healer, baths, table. that order. maybe some refreshments in between. Killing him made me hungry and thirsting for a nice glass of brandy.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2016-02-19 at 03:37 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...