New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,487 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown III

"Like I was saying inside," Ludo said, "Nath is clearly very, very bad news. An Arabyan warlord went to the sorcerers there to ask for a... for something to help him defend against the crusades. Three schools of sorcerers each offered him spells- he refused the first two, since they might have backfired, and threatened to kill them all if he wasn't pleased with the third school. They took him to see it in private- he didn't record what they offered him... but whatever it was, he was horrified. He left Nath, and never returned. It wasn't long after that that the sorcerers destroyed themselves."

Ludo shivered, and not just because of the night air.

"We don't know that it was the book... not really. But... it would fit."

"Did I tell you my theories about Nahorek?"
    He asked Elsa and Sieghard.

"If Klammenberg is a historian, he might be worth talking to." he added.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2014-12-09 at 11:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    "Did I tell you my theories about Nahorek?" He asked Elsa and Sieghard.
    "I don't believe you did," said Elsa. Or she just had not been paying attention.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

"I've compared the carvings we saw back in the temple with the book of legends Adelbert found. They tell the same story- Nahorek was killing people here in the reaches, before he was killed by a dwarven spear and buried under a temple- though with certain differences. Nahorek is a trickster by himself in the legends, and a servant of somebody else- someone who's face had been removed- in the carvings. Which means that Sieghard probably has a weapon that killed a god in his backpack, incidentally."

"This was probably not long before the spell that raised the dead was cast. Which makes me wonder if the book also includes details of how Nahorek was trapped. And - and now i'm just guessing - perhaps details on how to release him."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"You read too much into old stories. There's no way that thing is anything more than an old, gilded spearhead," Sieghard said, though from his tone of voice, it was clear he wasn't completely sure of that.

"Valuable, I'm sure, but not some god-killing weapon."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2014-12-09 at 04:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know if it's magic or anything. But it's probably the weapon they killed Nahorek with. Did you get the symbol translated? I've got some ideas on where to go."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Adelbert Schreiber

Adelbert looked gloomy. He was painfully aware that as the religious member of the group, one who still entertained hopes of joining the priesthood, he should be the one speaking about Nahorek. He was also discomforted by the very suggestion of a 'god killing' weapon.

Also being this close to the Verenan priests home reminded him darkly of his failed interview.

"Well, as I see it we have a few options. The dwarfs are in Putbad and they might not something. Alternately we can visit Klammenberg; I admit my suspicions of him may be groundless."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Did you get the symbol translated? I've got some ideas on where to go."

Sieghard shook his head. "Not a single dwarf to be found in the whole city. Father Hieronymous might be learned enough to tell us what it means, but if the spear is what you think it is, it might be better he not know I have it. Might be better no one other than us knows that."

"Well, as I see it we have a few options. The dwarfs are in Putbad and they might not something. Alternately we can visit Klammenberg; I admit my suspicions of him may be groundless."

"Unless there's reason to believe the dwarves have he book or know where it is, I don't see much reason to go to Putbad. Our time is limited as it is. If you trust Klammenberg and think he can help, that's your decision, just be sure not to say any more than needs to be said."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

"I mentioned that we needed some translations done to Hieronymous." Ludo admitted. "He said that the Jewellers Guild might be able to help. I also think the miners might know a little dwarfish."

"We could copy the rune onto some paper. That way, nobody need know the context of it- I mean, unless it translates to spear-that-is-used-to-kill-Nahorek or something."

9. - Top - End - #1479

BlackDragon

Adelbert Schreiber

Adelbert scratched at his goatee, lost in thought. "Trust is a strong word, but he is clearly a learned man. If we talk to him I want Elsa there to see if she can spot any sinister signs." The scribe yawned. "In any case it is getting very late; let's go to the inn and get to work in the morning."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready to skip to the morning if everyone else is.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

"Which means that Sieghard probably has a weapon that killed a god in his backpack, incidentally."
    Elsa's eyes narrowed. "I don't remember sensing anything unusual from that spear," she said, though she obviously found the possibility raised by Ludo extremely interesting. "Sieghard, may I have another look?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't actually remember if I ever attempted a Magical Sense test on that spear.

(d100)[41]

Edit: Passed by a margin of 22.

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    [B]"If we talk to him I want Elsa there to see if she can spot any sinister signs."
    "I can be there," said Elsa dubiously, "but my Sight won't tell me if he's lying, or anything of the sort."

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert scratched at his goatee
    ...When did he grow a goatee?

And most importantly, why?
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2014-12-09 at 11:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Sure," he muttered, producing the spearhead from his pack and handing it to Elsa.

12. - Top - End - #1482

BlackDragon

Adelbert Schreiber

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    "I can be there," said Elsa dubiously, "but my Sight won't tell me if he's lying, or anything of the sort."
    "No, I didn't think you would, but you be able to tell if is a magician of some sort, right?" Adelbert suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

...When did he grow a goatee?

And most importantly, why?
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technically a van Dyke like this or this.

Adelbert had a shaved and shortly after arriving in Savonne, and why not?

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa Only

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking closely at the sharp, gilded spearhead, Elsa immediately felt the similarity between the dwarfish mark on the blade and the runes she had seen at the gates of the Dwimmulhold. There was magic of the same caged but powerful nature bound into the rune.

It seemed dormant for now. The longer she looked at it, though, the more the spearhead seemed to shine in her second sight, until it was almost too bright to look out. The wind of Hysh had suffused the metal as thoroughly as any Altdorf heirophant's staff.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't actually remember if I ever attempted a Magical Sense test on that spear.
    You did not! I was wondering when you'd get round to it.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    "No, I didn't think you would, but you be able to tell if is a magician of some sort, right?" Adelbert suggested.
    "Only if he casts... or if I cast and watch if he reacts, but then, he'll know I'm a wizard too," said Elsa, squinting at the spearhead.

Her eyes went distant as she opened her witch-sight, then widened. "...Woah, that's..." she breathed, awestruck. "You know, this might just be the real deal... Hysh, the white wind of light, is part of the very metal. Quite strong. I don't know if it's god-killing strong, but it's definitely a magical weapon."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    You did not! I was wondering when you'd get round to it.
    Huh, that's surprising... I guess I was more concerned about the thick flow of dark magic when we first found the spear.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2014-12-10 at 11:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

15. - Top - End - #1485

BlackDragon

Adelbert Schreiber

Adelbert again winced at that blasphemous choice of words. "I'd think if a magical weapon can kill something that something probably isn't a god to begin with."

He cleared his throat and spoke in a louder voice: "Well, we can look into further in the morning."

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Sieghard stood dumbfounded. He hadn't expected the spearhead to be anything more than an ornamental or perhaps ceremonial weapon. It was possible that Elsa was only saying it was magical as part of some trick, but from her expression, he doubted that was the case.

"Glad I didn't try to sell the thing," was the only reply he could manage in light of the revelation.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

"Also good that we didn't ask Beatrix to translate it." Ludo said, impressed in spite of himself. "In fact... it might be best if we don't translate it. If someone realises what we've got- or even just that its very valuable- we could end up losing it."

He didn't mention that he had the horrible feeling that they'd need it before long.

"It might help destroying the book though. Maybe?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    In fairness, we road-tested it, with underwhelming results.