New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

[Pine Forest]

There's no answer. Instead, the surroundings seem to blur and swim, like paint smeared on glass.

[Darkwater Mine]

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go," Wenomir says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Pine Forest]

There's no answer. Instead, the surroundings seem to blur and swim, like paint smeared on glass.

[Darkwater Mine]

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go," Wenomir says.
    Sophia nods.
    Agreed, let us depart.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #753

Forest of Big-Asus Trees

Sophia arrives with Blondie, her 3dmg adorned upon her waist.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Spring]

Kitty is undoubtedly distracting, because when she finishes with Annie, she peels off her clothing to reveal the bikini she has on below. Skimpy clothing aside, she and Annie undoubtedly muddy the waters when trying to determine if there are spirits nearby. "Are you okay, Obriane?" The kitsune watches Obriane while she focuses.

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

Kitty is undoubtedly distracting, because when she finishes with Annie, she peels off her clothing to reveal the bikini she has on below. Skimpy clothing aside, she and Annie undoubtedly muddy the waters when trying to determine if there are spirits nearby. "Are you okay, Obriane?" The kitsune watches Obriane while she focuses.
    Invidia may sort of cause interference: she has an ever-present few companions, about 4 small red dragon-shaped spirits that swirl around her. She blushes at the sight of Kitty. Despite being a drow, she's not exactly shameless or whatever the correct word would be.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island - Barn

After a moment, Melody sits back and looks at Happy. So, why are you here, Momma?

"I wanted to talk to you about something. But it can wait, darling."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #757

[Darkwater Mine]

The three can exit the tunnel without any problems and descend into T3 unless they want to check out the rest of the strip mine. Like in the other tunnel it's completely pitch black and if they turn on the flashlights they can see a number of goblin bodies, both infected and uninfected lay around the tunnel floor. However there aren't signs of any infected goblins living here like in T2 (as in there isn't any excrement on the floor).
    They won't go very far however until the reach an mining shaft connected to an wooden platform attached to a crane. It looks like one should be able to lower it down using the winch right next to it. But it appears someone as put a iron rod into the winch mechanism, making it impossible to use.

[Peaceful Spring]

Obriane opens one eye, the others were already undress?! "Just... checking for spirits. Can't be too careful." She explains before closing her eye again, not wanting to look too much at Kitty in Invida's presence. She wasn't going to discover any spirits with them around though. "So... I'll guess I just go and change then." And yet she just sit there for a moment. What are you waiting for Obriane?

8. - Top - End - #758
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Forest of Big-Asus Trees

Sophia arrives with Blondie, her 3dmg adorned upon her waist.
    "Forest and urban warfare." He says, setting down his box of tools. "With all these trees in the way wouldn't high speed grappling hooks be horribly dangerous?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #759

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Forest and urban warfare." He says, setting down his box of tools. "With all these trees in the way wouldn't high speed grappling hooks be horribly dangerous?"
    Forest of Big-Ass Trees

Nope, the trees aren't too close together. Besides, I've used these in forests many times before on combat missions.
    She replies, having lead him to a location with somewhat sparse trees.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-06-26 at 10:42 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Invidia may sort of cause interference: she has an ever-present few companions, about 4 small red dragon-shaped spirits that swirl around her. She blushes at the sight of Kitty. Despite being a drow, she's not exactly shameless or whatever the correct word would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

Obriane opens one eye, the others were already undress?! "Just... checking for spirits. Can't be too careful." She explains before closing her eye again, not wanting to olok too much at Kitty in Invida's presence. She wasn't going to discover any spirits with them around though. "So... I'll guess I just go and change then." And yet she just sit there for a moment. What are you waiting for Obriane?
    [Peaceful Spring]

Yeesh, what is with this two and being all awkward? Kitty doesn't get it. "Oh, I guess you need a good place to change, huh? Maybe those bushes over there?" She points upstream a ways where some shrubbery are clinging to the rocky edge of the spring. It's not too far away, but the bushes are quite dense.

11. - Top - End - #761

Exclamation Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

[Peaceful Spring]

Yeesh, what is with this two and being all awkward? Kitty doesn't get it. "Oh, I guess you need a good place to change, huh? Maybe those bushes over there?" She points upstream a ways where some shrubbery are clinging to the rocky edge of the spring. It's not too far away, but the bushes are quite dense.
    Invidia is skipped this time!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Barbarian in the Playground

Forest of Big-Ass Trees

Nope, the trees aren't too close together. Besides, I've used these in forests many times before on combat missions.
    She replies, having lead him to a location with somewhat sparse trees.
    Forest of Rather Large Flora

"You'd be surprised how rarely trees conform to expectations," says a man who once met a tree with a girl inside it. Following her to the clearing, he scratches out a 47 into some moss. A nervous habit and a cute little trick to avoid getting lost.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkwater Mine]

"Looks like purposeful sabotage," Wenomir says. "Maybe the non-infected miners did it to keep the infected ones down there. But if so, it didn't save them." He tries to pull the iron rod out, but not all the way. Mostly to see if it can be pulled out and whether or not the mechanism can be salvaged at all.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Halfling in the Playground

[Pine Forest]

Pine Forest

Marcus keeps hid eyes closed shut, trusting his ears to tell him if he is under attack.
    At this point, his diplomacy has failed; now he can only hope to survive this and venture farther into the woods.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765

[Peaceful Spring]

Invidia is skipped this time!
    [Peaceful Spring]

Obriane looks up. "Oh. Yeah." That was totally what she was hesitating for, not since her brain seem to short circuit from time to time. "I'll... go and do that." The changeling get's up and marches over to the dense bushes where she can change. But as she's gone Kitty and Invidia might get the strange feeling of being watched, and it's not Obriane.

[Darkwater Mine]

"Looks like purposeful sabotage," Wenomir says. "Maybe the non-infected miners did it to keep the infected ones down there. But if so, it didn't save them." He tries to pull the iron rod out, but not all the way. Mostly to see if it can be pulled out and whether or not the mechanism can be salvaged at all.
    [Darkwater Mine]

It can be pulled out, but only with quite some effort. Whoever that drove it in there didn't mean for it to be removed easily. But with it gone the winch should be functioning again but there is a problem. The panel next to the winch which probably was used to control the elevator is completely destroyed. This means someone needs to stay up here and lower the others down if they want a way back up again.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-06-28 at 11:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Spring]

Obriane is peeping through the bushes!

Kitty sets Annie down on the blanket in front of her. The baby girl cling to her mother's fingers, using them to keep herself sitting upright steadily. "Why don't you come sit down for a bit?" Kitty offers to Invideo. "It'll take Obriane a minute to change. That breastplate of hers always makes it slow."

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

[Pine Forest]

The only thing Marcus will hear is deafening silence. It's as if all sound was hushed and drained from his surroundings.

[Darkwater Mine]

"Alright... so which of us stays here?" Wenomir asks. "Splitting up is a really bad idea in here, but it looks like we have no choice."

18. - Top - End - #768
    Halfling in the Playground

[Pine Forest]

The only thing Marcus will hear is deafening silence. It's as if all sound was hushed and drained from his surroundings.
    Pine Forest

Silence. Blindness.
    All that leaves is his...resourcefulness.
    The runist takes to his craft and begins carving Runes of Destruction into the forest floor with his runemarked spear. Shortly, he'll have a circular barrier of oppressive red energy flaring around him, the magic rising six feet in height.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769

[Peaceful Spring]

Kitty sets Annie down on the blanket in front of her. The baby girl cling to her mother's fingers, using them to keep herself sitting upright steadily. "Why don't you come sit down for a bit?" Kitty offers to Invideo. "It'll take Obriane a minute to change. That breastplate of hers always makes it slow."
    Um, sure.
    Indicia replies, sitting down by Kitty and Annie.
    Cute kid. What's her name?
    Invidia inquires
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]

"Alright... so which of us stays here?" Wenomir asks. "Splitting up is a really bad idea in here, but it looks like we have no choice."
    "Not me" Wraal quickly answers: he came to fight, he's going to fight. The Krogan steps into the elevator...will it manage to support his 1 ton of weight?
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

21. - Top - End - #771

[Pine Forest]

[Darkwater Mine]

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    [Darkwater Mine]

"Not me" Wraal quickly answers: he came to fight, he's going to fight. The Krogan steps into the elevator...will it manage to support his 1 ton of weight?
    Hmm.... Wraal is by far the most valuable of us three as I cannot use my gear in these cramped conditions, so he should definitely go I agree. That leaves the debate of whether I or wenomir should stay up here. On the one hand there could be large caverns below that enable me to use my gear to the most effect, but if this is bot true wenomir should go as he is skilled at swordplay. How about Wraal looks around to see the environment below and we decide that way?
    Sophia suggests.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "I wanted to talk to you about something. But it can wait, darling."
    Melody props herself on her elbows. Go ahead, Momma. she takes a deep breath. I think I need the distraction.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #773

[Peaceful Spring]

Um, sure.
    Invidia inquires
    [Peaceful Spring]

Whatever is peeking through the bushes slowly creeps forward through the underbrush, it's many eyes all intensely focusing on the two women... then Obriane grunts loudly and the presence quickly retreats back, leaving the scene with only the slight ruffling of leaves.

"I'm okay!" The two can hear the changeling shout. "Just tripped!"

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island - Barn

Melody props herself on her elbows. Go ahead, Momma. she takes a deep breath. I think I need the distraction.
    Happy looks at Magtok, trying to work out how to begin. "It's just... you know Magtok and I have been friends for a long time..."

She pauses, in case Magtok wants to say anything here.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkwater Mine]

"With your gear, you might actually be able to climb back up if anything happens," Wenomir says. "I'll hold the fort up here," he adds, although through gritted teeth. It's not an easy admission for him.

[Pine Forest]

Nothing seems to interact with the barrier, and the silence continues.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, sure.
    Invidia inquires
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

Whatever is peeking through the bushes slowly creeps forward through the underbrush, it's many eyes all intensely focusing on the two women... then Obriane grunts loudly and the presence quickly retreats back, leaving the scene with only the slight ruffling of leaves.

"I'm okay!" The two can hear the changeling shout. "Just tripped!"
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Her name's Annie." Kitty starts to say more, but her attention is dragged Obriane's direction when the woman trips. "Be careful where you fall. You don't want to land on poison ivy or something." She calls back a warning. "Now I feel like I should go help her." She says to Invidia with a silly little smile.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Pixie in the Playground

[Barren Waste]
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

Krayger chuckles. "Yeah, world differences and all. But now, the real question is what does your King plan on doing during his stay here?"
    ((Sorry for the long delay. Was on a camping trip.))

Two heads. Two voices. Does the creature have separate minds and identities? I ought to keep attention toward any more dissimilarities.

"I should hope your King would mean no harm to the world's inhabitants. Surely, this is not your King's nature." the chronomancer says suggestively. He doesn't seem to catch the lie, rather just that there's something amiss about the creature's words. "In any case, are we troubling you or your King by being here? I can assure you I am not one of those who had unjustly imprisoned your liege."

All the while, Suscipio blatantly refuses to allow the Fae to circle around to his back, opting instead to continually turn, facing the beast.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-06-29 at 10:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778

[Peaceful Spring]

"Her name's Annie." Kitty starts to say more, but her attention is dragged Obriane's direction when the woman trips. "Be careful where you fall. You don't want to land on poison ivy or something." She calls back a warning. "Now I feel like I should go help her." She says to Invidia with a silly little smile.
    Invidia chuckles.
    I can understand that.
    So, if you don't mind me asking... who's the father?

She asks, idly curling a strand of her orange hair with her finger.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #779

[Darkwater Mine]

If Wraal does step up on the platform he will see that it easily holds his weight as it has been used to transport ember and heavy mining equipment down into the shaft. I guess they have decided who are going to descend into the shaft then?

[Peaceful Spring]

"I'll... be careful!" Obriane replies from her position behind the bushes. Apparently she's having some trouble getting changed, but she have never been the nimblest of persons.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Spring]

"Uh, well, I mind actually. It's not something I want to talk about. He's just not around." Kitty didn't want to say even that much, but she might as well say that much.