A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 898
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Welcome to the Game thread. Please post your character sheets here. After all four character sheets are posted then I will start the game.

    OOC thread can be found here: The Broken Gate [OOC]

    NOTE:

    All images used in this campaign were found on openRPG web pages and webrings and they are assumed to be opensource. They were modified for this campaign. Or created by the thread author.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-08 at 11:02 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Thorael

    Thorael of Balesgreen
    Elf Wizard 6

    Character...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Size and Type: Medium Humanoid (Elf)
    Height and Weight: 5’ 2” 106 lbs
    Age: 163
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Experience: ?????? / 21,000
    ECL: 6


    Attributes
    STR...8..-1..[8 Base]
    DEX..15..+2..[13 Base +2 Racial]
    CON..12..+1..[14 Base –2 Racial]
    INT..16..+3..[15 Base +1 Lvl 4]
    WIS..10..+0..[10 Base]
    CHA..12..+1..[12 Base]


    Miscellaneous Statistics
    Hit Points: 23/23 [d4:4, d4:2, d4:2, d4:4, d4:3, d4:2] (+6 Con)
    AC (Normal): 12 [10 Base, +2 Dex]
    AC (Touch): 12 [10 Base, +2 Dex]
    AC (Flat-Footed): 10 [10 Base][

    Initiative: +2 [+2 Dex]

    Base Attack Bonus: +2 [+2 (Wizard 5)]

    Speed (Land): 30 ft [30 Base]
    Weight Carried: 21.0025 lbs [0-26 (Light), 26.1-53 (Medium), 53.1-80 (Heavy)]
    Damage Reduction: 0 [Source - None]
    Spell/Power Resistance: 0 [Source - None]


    Saves
    Fortitude: +3 [+1 Con, +2 (Wizard 6)]
    Reflex: +4 [+2 Dex, +2 (Wizard 6)]
    Will: +5 [+0 Wis, +5 (Wizard 6)]


    Melee Attacks (+2) [-1 Str, +3 BAB]
    LongSword
    Melee +2, 1d8-1, (19-20/x2), (Slashing) [-1 Str, +3 BAB]

    Dagger
    Melee +2, 1d4-1, (19-20/x2), (Piercing or slashing) [-1 Str, +3 BAB]


    Grapple: +2 [-1 Str, +3 BAB]
    Bullrush: +2 [-1 Str, +3 BAB]
    Trip: +2 [-1 Str, +3 BAB]
    Sunder: +2 [-1 Str, +3 BAB]


    Ranged Attacks (+5) [+2 Dex +3 BAB]
    Light Crossbow
    Ranged +5, 1d8, (19-20/x2), Range 80 ft, (piercing) [+2 Dex, +3 BAB]


    Special Attacks & Abilities
    Arcane Spells: Caster Level 6


    Arcane Spells Readied
    (4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
    (4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
    (4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
    (3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of Exhaustion


    Feats
    Summon Familiar [Wizard 1]
    Scribe Scroll [Wizard 1]
    Alertness [Familiar]
    Still Spell [Level 1]
    Silence Spell [Level 3]
    Extend Spell [Wizard 5]
    Leadership [Level 6]


    Languages
    Common, Elven, Draconic, Goblin, Orc

    Allies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cohort – Gillygalore (Goblin Wizard 1)
    Goblin; Size/Type: Small Humanoid (Goblinoid);Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp); Initiative: +1; Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares); Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +2 leather armor, +1 light shield), touch 12, flat-footed 14; Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3; Attack: Morningstar +2 melee (1d6) or javelin +3 ranged (1d4); Full Attack: Morningstar +2 melee (1d6) or javelin +3 ranged (1d4); Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.; Special Attacks: —; Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.; Saves: Fort +3, Ref +1, Will -1; Abilities: Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 6; Skills: Hide +5, Listen +2, Move Silently +5, Ride +4, Spot +2; Feats: Alertness

    Familiar – Roland (Raven)
    Raven; Size/Type: Tiny Animal; Hit Dice: (1/4)d8 (1 hp); Initiative: +2; Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (average); Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12; Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-13; Attack: Claws +4 melee (1d2-5); Full Attack: Claws +4 melee (1d2-5); Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.; Special Attacks: --; Special Qualities: Low-light vision; Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2; Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6; Skills: Listen +5, Spot +7; Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

    Racial Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    • +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
    • Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    • Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
    • +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
    • Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
    • Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing

    Skills
    Spoiler
    Show
    (+)Wizard Skills -
    Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

    Level 1: Wizard (2 Base +2 Int) x 4 = 16
    Level 2: Wizard (2 Base +2 Int) = 4
    Level 3: Wizard (2 Base +2 Int) = 4
    Level 4: Wizard (2 Base +3 Int) = 5
    Level 5: Wizard (2 Base +3 Int) = 5
    Level 6: Wizard (2 Base +3 Int) = 5

    Skills: 39

    (Max Ranks - 9)
    {table]C|Mod|Skill|Ranks|Class|CC
    |
    3
    |Appraise|[0 Rank +3 Int]||
    |
    2
    |Balance|[0 Rank +2 Dex]||
    |
    1
    |Bluff|[0 Rank +1 Cha]||
    |
    -1
    |Climb|[0 Rank -1 Str]||
    +|
    10
    |Concentrate|[9 Rank +1 Con]|[9]|
    +|
    5
    |Craft: Alchemy|[2 Rank +3 Int]|[2]|
    +|
    4
    |Decipher Script|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
    |
    1
    |Diplomacy|[0 Rank +1 Chal]|
    |
    1
    |Disguise|[0 Rank +1 Cha]||
    |
    2
    |Escape Artist|[0 Rank +2 Dex]||
    |
    3
    |Forgery|[0 Rank +3 Int]||
    |
    1
    |Gather Information|[0 Rank +1 Cha]||
    |
    0
    |Heal|[0 Rank +0 Wis]||
    |
    2
    |Hide|[0 Rank +2 Dex]||
    |
    1
    |Intimidate|[0 Rank +1 Cha]||
    |
    -1
    |Jump|[0 Rank -1 Str]||
    +|
    8
    |Knowledge: Arcane|[5 Rank +3 Int]|[5]|
    +|
    4
    |Knowledge: Dungeoneering|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
    +|
    4
    |Knowledge: Geography|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
    +|
    5
    |Knowledge: History (Ancient)|[2 Rank +3 Int]|[2]|
    +|
    4
    |Knowledge: Local|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
    +|
    4
    |Knowledge: Nature|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
    +|
    4
    |Knowledge: Nobility Royalty|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
    +|
    5
    |Knowledge: The Planes|[2 Rank +3 Int]|[2]|
    +|
    5
    |Knowledge: Religion|[2 Rank +3 Int]|[2]|
    |
    4
    |Listen|[0 Rank +0 Wis +2 Alertness +2 Racial]||
    |
    2
    |Move Silently|[0 Rank +2 Dex]||
    |
    1
    |Perform|[0 Rank +1 Cha]||
    +|
    2
    |Profession: Shop Keeper|[2 Rank +0 Wis]|[1]|
    |
    2
    |Ride|[0 Rank +2 Dex]||
    |
    5
    |Search|[0 Rank +3 Int +2 Racial]||
    |
    0
    |Sense Motive|[0 Rank +0 Wis]||
    +|
    14
    |Spell craft|[9 Rank +3 Int +2 K:Arcane Synergy]|[9]|
    |
    4
    |Spot|[0 Rank +0 Wis +2 Alertness +2 Racial] ||
    |
    0
    |Survival|[0 Rank +0 Wis]||
    |
    -1
    |Swim|[0 Rank -1 Str]||
    |
    2
    |Use Rope|[0 Rank +2 Dex]||
    [/table]

    Gear
    Spoiler
    Show
    Worn / Carried
    ....2.0...Backpack (container)
    ...NONE...Scholar Outfit
    ....0.5...Belt pouch #1 (container)
    ....2.0...Spell Component Pouch
    ....4.0...Longsword
    ....1.0...Dagger
    ....4.0...Light Crossbow
    ....2.7...Bolts (27)
    ....1.0...Waterskin
    ....1.0...Unknown Wand
    ....0.0...Letter of recomendation


    Backpack (Main)
    ....3.0...Spell Book
    ....3.0...Spell Book (torn cover)

    Beltpouch #1
    ....0.0625Gem (worth 461)

    Gilly
    ....2.0...Backpack (container)
    ....7.5...Leather Armor
    ....2.5...Light Shield, Wooden
    ....3.0...Morning Star
    ....2.4...Arrows (16)
    ....3.0...Courtier's Outfit
    ...30.0...Rations, Trail (30)
    ....1.0...Sack, Empyty (2)
    ....1.0...Waterskin
    ....5.0...Rope, Silk 50'

    Accounting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting gold............................450
    Scroll of Summon Swarm..................-150
    Scroll of Touch of Idiocy...............-150
    Scholars Outfit...........................-5
    Backpack..................................-2
    Spell Component Pouch.....................-5
    Inn Stay (Room, Food, Drink)..............-5
    Shortbow.................................-30
    Arrows (20)...............................-1
    Backpack..................................-2
    Rope, hempen 50 ft. (2)...................-2
    Rations, Trail (3)........................-1.5
    Waterskin.................................-1
    Troll Lewt (1pp, 111gp, 32sp, 23cp).....+124.43
    Cave Lewt (13gp, 15sp, 36cp).............+14.86
    1/2 Gem Payment..........................-99
    1 Week Stay at the Silver Steed..........-10.5
    Sell Shortbow.............................15
    Sell Rope..................................1
    Light Crossbow...........................-35
    Bolts (30). ..............................-3
    Long Sword...............................-15
    Dagger....................................-2
    Courtier's Outfit (Gilly)................-30
    Trail Rations (30).......................-15
    Rope, Silk...............................-10
    Sack, Empty (2)...........................-0.2
    Torch (10)................................-0.1
    Waterskin.................................-1
    Gilly Payment (Nesmee Day 1)..............-5
    Tower Tour...............................-10
    "Taken" at the tower......................-7.99
    ================================================
    balance....................................0

    Spell Book I
    Spoiler
    Show
    0-Level Wizard Spells (Cantrips)
    Acid Splash: Orb deals 1d3 acid damage.
    Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune (visible or invisible).
    Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
    Daze: Humanoid creature of 4 HD or less loses next action.
    Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
    Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
    Disrupt Undead: Deals 1d6 damage to one undead.
    Flare: Dazzles one creature (-1 on attack rolls).
    Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
    Light: Object shines like a torch.
    Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
    Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
    Message: Whispered conversation at distance.
    Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.
    Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
    Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.
    Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
    Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
    Touch of Fatigue: Touch attack fatigues target.


    1-Level Wizard Spells
    Animate Rope: Makes a rope move at your command.
    Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
    Mount: Summons riding horse for 2 hours/level.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: Ray deals 1d6 +3 (+1/ two levels) Str damage.


    2-Level Wizard Spells
    Hideous Laughter: Subject loses actions for 1 round/level.
    Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
    Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
    Rope Trick: As many as eight creatures hide in extradimensional space.
    Summon Swarm: Summons swarm of bats, rats, or spiders.
    Touch of Idiocy: Subject takes 1d6 points of Int, Wis, and Cha damage.


    3-Level Wizard Spells
    Dispel Magic: Cancels magical spells and effects.
    Lightning Bolt: Electricity deals 1d6/level damage.
    Ray of Exhaustion: Ray makes subject exhausted -6 Str -6 Dex.
    Secret Page: Changes one page to hide its real content.

    Gillygalore
    Goblin Wizard 1

    CoHort (Work in progress)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Size and Type: Small Humanoid (Goblinoid)
    Height and Weight: 3'4" (Small)
    Age: 19
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Experience: ??????/??????
    ECL: 1


    Attributes
    STR...8..-1..[10 Base –2 Racial]
    DEX..10..+0..[8 Base +2 Racial]
    CON...9..-1..[9 Base]
    INT..13..+1..[13 Base]
    WIS..12..+1..[12 Base]
    CHA...9..-1..[11 Base –2 Racial]


    Miscellaneous Statistics
    Hit Points: 3/3 [d4:4] (-1 Con)
    AC (Normal): 11 [10 Base, +0 Dex, +1 Size]
    AC (Touch): 10[10 Base, +0 Dex]
    AC (Flat-Footed): 11 [10 Base, +1 Size][

    Initiative: +0 [+0 Dex]

    Base Attack Bonus: +1 [+0 (Wizard 5), +1 Size]

    Speed (Land): 30 ft [30 Base Goblin]
    Weight Carried: ??.?? lbs [0-19 (Light), 20-39 (Medium), 40-60 (Heavy)]
    Damage Reduction: 0 [Source - None]
    Spell/Power Resistance: 0 [Source - None]


    Saves
    Fortitude: -1 [-1 Con, +0 (Wizard 1)]
    Reflex: +0 [+0 Dex, +0 (Wizard 1)]
    Will: +3 [+1 Wis, +2 (Wizard 1)]


    Melee Attacks (-1) [-1 Str, +0 BAB]
    Dagger (Small)
    Melee -1, 1d3-1, (19-20/x2), (Piercing or slashing) [-1 Str, +3 BAB]


    Grapple: -5 [-1 Str, +0 BAB, -4 Size]
    Bullrush: -1 [-1 Str, +0 BAB]
    Trip: -1 [-1 Str, +0 BAB]
    Sunder: -1 [-1 Str, +0 BAB]


    Ranged Attacks (+0) [+0 Dex +0 BAB]
    Light Crossbow (Small)
    Ranged +1, 1d6, (19-20/x2), Range 80 ft, (piercing) [+0 Dex, +0 BAB]


    Special Attacks & Abilities
    Arcane Spells: Caster Level 1


    Arcane Spells Readied
    (3)Cantrips [DC 11] - Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Message
    (2)Level 1 [DC 12] - Mount, Magic Missile


    Feats
    Summon Familiar [Wizard 1]
    Scribe Scroll [Wizard 1]
    Leadership [Level 1]


    Languages
    Common, Goblin, Giant

    Allies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar – Xyzarr (Toad)
    Toad; Size/Type: Diminutive Animal; HD: 1 (2 hp); Init: +1; Speed: 5 ft. (1 square); Armor Class: 15 (+4 size, +1 Dex), touch 15, flat-footed 14; Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-17; Attack: —; Full Attack: —; Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.; Special Attacks: —; Special Qualities: Amphibious, low-light vision; Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2; Abilities: Str 1, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 1, Wis 14, Cha 4; Skills: Hide +21, Listen +4, Spot +4; Feats: Alertness

    Racial Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    • -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma
    • Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits Ύ those of Medium characters.
    • A goblin’s base land speed is 30 feet.
    • IDarkvision out to 60 feet.
    • +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
    • Favored Class: Rogue.



    <<SKILLS HERE>>



    Gear
    Spoiler
    Show
    Worn / Carried
    ....2.0...Backpack (container)
    ...NONE...Scholar Outfit
    ....0.5...Belt pouch #1 (container)
    ....2.0...Spell Component Pouch
    ....4.0...Longsword
    ....1.0...Dagger
    ....4.0...Light Crossbow
    ....2.7...Bolts (27)
    ....1.0...Waterskin

    Backpack (Main)
    ....3.0...Spell Book

    Beltpouch #1
    ....0.0625Gem (worth 461)

    Gilly
    ....2.0...Backpack (container)
    ....7.5...Leather Armor
    ....2.5...Light Shield, Wooden
    ....3.0...Morning Star
    ....2.4...Arrows (16)
    ....3.0...Courtier's Outfit
    ...30.0...Rations, Trail (30)
    ....1.0...Sack, Empyty (2)
    ....1.0...Waterskin
    ....5.0...Rope, Silk 50'

    Accounting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting gold............................450
    Scroll of Summon Swarm..................-150
    Scroll of Touch of Idiocy...............-150
    Scholars Outfit...........................-5
    Backpack..................................-2
    Spell Component Pouch.....................-5
    Inn Stay (Room, Food, Drink)..............-5
    Shortbow.................................-30
    Arrows (20)...............................-1
    Backpack..................................-2
    Rope, hempen 50 ft. (2)...................-2
    Rations, Trail (3)........................-1.5
    Waterskin.................................-1
    Troll Lewt (1pp, 111gp, 32sp, 23cp).....+124.43
    Cave Lewt (13gp, 15sp, 36cp).............+14.86
    1/2 Gem Payment..........................-99
    1 Week Stay at the Silver Steed..........-10.5
    Sell Shortbow.............................15
    Sell Rope..................................1
    Light Crossbow...........................-35
    Bolts (30). ..............................-3
    Long Sword...............................-15
    Dagger....................................-2
    Courtier's Outfit (Gilly)................-30
    Trail Rations (30).......................-15
    Rope, Silk...............................-10
    Sack, Empty (2)...........................-0.2
    Torch (10)................................-0.1
    Waterskin.................................-1
    Gilly Payment (Nesmee Day 1)..............-5
    Tower Tour...............................-10
    "Taken" at the tower......................-7.99
    ================================================
    balance....................................0

    Spell Book I
    Spoiler
    Show
    0-Level Wizard Spells (Cantrips)
    Acid Splash: Orb deals 1d3 acid damage.
    Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune (visible or invisible).
    Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
    Daze: Humanoid creature of 4 HD or less loses next action.
    Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
    Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
    Disrupt Undead: Deals 1d6 damage to one undead.
    Flare: Dazzles one creature (-1 on attack rolls).
    Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
    Light: Object shines like a torch.
    Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
    Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
    Message: Whispered conversation at distance.
    Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.
    Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
    Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.
    Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
    Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
    Touch of Fatigue: Touch attack fatigues target.


    1-Level Wizard Spells
    Animate Rope: Makes a rope move at your command.
    Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
    Mount: Summons riding horse for 2 hours/level.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: Ray deals 1d6 +3 (+1/ two levels) Str damage.


    2-Level Wizard Spells
    Hideous Laughter: Subject loses actions for 1 round/level.
    Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
    Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
    Rope Trick: As many as eight creatures hide in extradimensional space.
    Summon Swarm: Summons swarm of bats, rats, or spiders.
    Touch of Idiocy: Subject takes 1d6 points of Int, Wis, and Cha damage.


    3-Level Wizard Spells
    Dispel Magic: Cancels magical spells and effects.
    Lightning Bolt: Electricity deals 1d6/level damage.
    Ray of Exhaustion: Ray makes subject exhausted -6 Str -6 Dex.
    Secret Page: Changes one page to hide its real content.

    Post Template...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
    hp:17/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Spells Readied
    (4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Touch of Fatigue, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
    (4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Ray of Enfeeblement, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
    (4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Summon Swarm, Invisibility
    (3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Rope Trick (Extended), Ray of Exhaustion
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort -1|Ref +0|Will +3|
    STR 8|DEX 10|CON 9|INT 13|WIS 12|CHA 9[/table]


    Gilly Spells...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Spells Readied
    (3)Cantrips [DC 11] - Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    (2)Level 1 [DC 12] - Magic Missile, Mount

    [Round 7...]
    Postin...
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-11-01 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Aged
    ~Ayr

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Calthoric Wintersbane

    Spoiler
    Show

    Calthroic ran at an unbelievable pace. His heart was pounding in his chest. Nimbly the young male ran through the woods dodging thick overgrowth and branches that seemed to reach out trying to impede his escape. Calthoric's clothes were becoming tattered and worn from his exertions.

    The days seemed to pass at an unbelievable rate. The same thing day in and day out. Eating what can be found. Running for your life. Resting when you could not run no more. Repeating the cycle all over again. This was Calthoric's life for the past week. He could no longer hear the sounds of pursuit nor any of the hounds that had picked up his sent for ... for who knows how many times. His pace began to slow as he now trotted more than sprat through the woods. It was not long before the weary man found a well traveled road. Feeling tired yet secure he rested twenty paces to the south of it. No soon did his body slump to the moist earth did his mind drift into deep slumber.

    The creaking of carriage wheels and a horses' whinny quickly woke Calthoric from his catatonic state. His hair was matted and a tiny pool of spittle gathered at the corner of his mouth. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he watched as the carriage slowly drifted down the path. 'An artisan?' he thought to himself. As the covered wagon approached and a better view of the driver could be had he realized that this carriage was not of the working class.

    Martel watched the road sluggishly. His mind dull with travel and wondered to more pleasant times. He was use to driving this road as he has done it more then one hundred times. He could do it blindfolded if he had to, yet today, something told him it was different. Nothing physically gave him this notion it was more a feeling. Then quickly a sharp pain formed in his temple. He reached for it origin then brought his hand back down. The blood was bright and the corners of his vision were becoming clouded. Blackness overtook him and he slumped in his seat as the reigns fell from his hand. Feeling the slack in the line the well trained horses followed what was taught. They stopped.

    Calthorics eyes opened wide amazed at the accuracy of the thrown stone. He quietly watched as the driver slumped over and the carriage came to a stop. A man dressed in regal gear came out of the carriage his face holding the expressions of puzzlement and concern. Calthoric yelled to the man and he twirled on his heels only to catch a flash of movement out of the corner of his eye. Springing quickly from his hiding spot Calthoric ran to the man pointing in the direction of the movement. The well dressed man turned once again on his heels a dagger pointed in Calthoric's direction.

    "My lord...did you see them?" Calthoric said panting. "My shout must have startled them and the ran off. I saw the rock hit your driver."

    The lord just looked at the scruffy looking male before him with a look of deep confusion. Glancing his gaze between Calthoric and the movement in the forest. "I...uhh...yes...yes I did." The noble said not quite sure of exactly what he saw. He was not going to let a peasant see something he had not. "Thank you for your assistance in chasing them off."

    "But of course milord, though I am sure you would have been able to handle them easily by yourself." Calthoric lied. "If i could beg the lord's pardon, perhaps you will allow me to escort to the nearest township?" Again Calthoric gave him a practiced bow.

    The Nobleman stared blankly at Calthoric not quite understanding what he was asking at first. When his senses finally grabbed him he merely nodded and pointed to the driver. "He needs assistance wrap him with a bandage that can be found under the driver's seat and take the reigns. This road leads to a small rest stop. You can accompany me till we reach the Inn then I will see that Martel receives proper treatment." After stating his terms the lord returned to the back of the carriage leaving Calthoric to his stated tasks.

    Calthoric wrapped the man as best he could and took the reigns. Clumsily and rather poorly he drove the carriage down the road. A few curses came from the carriage as he drove it over a log instead of directing the beasts of burden around it. Or when he did not see the pot hole that was deeper then it should have been. Finally After a half a day's travel they reached the out of the way inn. A few hours longer then it should have taken.

    "Watch the carriage as I secure room and board from the inn and hopefully find a cleric to tend to Martel." The nobleman said as he departed the carriage. Calthoric merely nodded with a smile as he watched him leave.

    After a decent amount of time had passed the nobleman returned with a priest dressed in a light blue robe. The cleric quickly attended the driver as the nobleman addressed Calthoric.

    "I thank you for your assistance. This is for your troubles. May it lead you to your fortune." Calthoric bowed with a smile as he took the ten gold pieces from the man. Quickly Calthoric stood up and slung his back pack over his shoulder and walked off to the inn. Something in the motion of him putting on the backpack twinged in the nobleman's mind. Something about the back pack did not seem right...did he have a backpack? Then lord shrugged off his doubts. I...uhhhh...yes...yes he did.

    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-21 at 10:32 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Last edited by Finn523; 2007-02-09 at 02:24 PM.
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Last edited by Chu; 2007-02-08 at 11:43 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Here is the start, I know that many of you do not have your characters done. However, I just wanted to get the game going. Feel free to start role playing your characters in the moment as you finish up your characters. We will not leave this scene until they are done.


    Start for Ayr (Thorael)

    Spoiler
    Show

    The rain pours down upon Thorael head, he questions why his travel mate, Sen, insisted on traveling in this weather. He met Sen a year ago in the city of Nesmee far to the south. Sen was deeply knowledgeable and the elf quickly became fascinated with this halfbreeds (half-elf) stories of forgotten lore. They became fast friend and months back started upon a journey North, mostly financed by Thorael. The journey quickly became tiresome as Sen set a grueling pace. Now here they were in the midst of rain, fog, and mud.

    *SNAP* The wagon Thorael is riding on lurches forward and to the left the horses stop and Sen starts cursing at the horses. Thorael quickly realizes that the wagon wheel or axle must have broken.

    Thorael feels a rush of air to his back and before he realizes what has happened he feels the mud in his face and his ears ringing. (5 dmg) There is an large fire where the wagon used to be and the horses scattering.

    Thorael quickly picks himself up and looks around, his knapsack is next to him. Only a short distance away he sees one of the wagon guards lying on the ground a black arrow through his throat. Thorael bent down to see if this man...this friend...was still alive. Bile fills his mouth knowing this man never had a chance.

    Thorael ears begin to clear and he can hear the sound of wolves or dogs in the near distance closing from the east, he does not see Sen, the fog and ran is getting thicker. Arrows hit the ground near his feet.

    Bandits surround him out of the mist will bows and crossbows pointed at him. They hold his goblin companion with a noose around his neck. Thorael surrenders with the hope of escaping later.

    The rain continues for days and he lays in the mud while the bandits play with his magical trinkets. His poor goblin companion is kept near the edge of death and as soon as he can walk again his is beaten down again. One night, Thorael sees his excape, he grabs the near dying Gilly and they flee into the misty rainy night. Gilly's blood soaks his clothing as he struggles to help this compainion live. After running for what seems like hours he can see the lightened windows of the Weeping Willow Inn. Thorael and his goblin companion enter soaked, covered in mud, and blood.


    [Chu, Finn, & Wildboy]

    You have been waylaid by the rain and mud which has lasted for almost a week. A small river runs down the wagon path outside the Weeping Willow Inn. You find yourself one of three guests staying here. You fill the boredom with stories and ale and quickly become friends.

    These have been hard times, many have taken to adventuring with the hope of making some more money. Your purses are low and you hope the rain will clear soon, however, for the time you are enjoying hot food, a nice bed, good company and plenty of ale.

    The stories continue into the night knowing there is no point to heading to bed soon until the roads dry out a bit. The hours grow longer and then with a BANG the door flies open and a short man (maybe an elf) comes in dripping wet, covered in mud and blood carrying in a bloody goblin. The elf falls to his knees from exhaustion and gently places the goblin on the floor.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-08 at 11:06 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The Weeping Willow Inn
    Map behind Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show




    The Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-10 at 12:35 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Rasellia was staring at her reflection in her mug of ale; how she had cleaned up from the mess she stumbled in as but a few days before. Her right arm on the table, clenching her fist occasionally as she recalled the events of that day.

    She's broken from her self-reflecting at the commotion at the front of the inn. Her thin eyebrows rise in surprise at the picture before her. Getting up from her seat, she hurriedly walked over to the sprawled-out humanoids, looking from one to the other. After a momment, she addresses the apparent elf. "What... what happened?!"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Bolvar sees the man stumble in. He stands up from his table and and follows Rasellia over. He sees the blood on the man and goblin, "You know, after defeating would-be maruding goblins, you don't normally care them around with you."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:15/20|
    Init +2|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk |+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Longbow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10| CHA 12[/table]


    Glancing around at the gathering crowd, the elf, mouth agape raises a quizzical eyebrow. "Maruading goblins? Where?...ah". A smug look of understanding comes over his face as he represses a bit of a chuckle. Wincing in pain, his left hand reactively comes to his left side. Grimacing a bit, he addresses the questions thrown at him. "No, no my simple simple farmer man. This is my consigliere Gillygalaore. I, of course, am Thorael of Baelsgreen. I assure you the bandits which overtook us were quite... human." Thorael begins to tend the wounds of his fallen servant then looks up at the woman "As far as what happened, that is a tale left for when companions are no longer at death's door I'm afraid. If it's not too much trouble, you could make yourself useful. Fetch some warm water. Some towels. The proprietor of this... umm... establishment perhaps?".
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-09 at 10:06 AM.
    ~Ayr

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)


    The barkeep, an older man, sat up as commotion continued near the door. "How long have I been asleep?" he wondered to himself. Slowly sliding off his stool he approached the elf huddled by the bleeding goblin. "You be needing me elf?"


    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp:40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]

    Rasellia raises her eyebrows; attacking bandits, wounded... or possibly dead comrades. She wouldn't let the helplessness that had plagued her for the past few days claim any more victims. "Here, I can help..." She looked dubiously between the goblin and the elf. "If you say he's your companion... then I guess he's to be trusted." Placing a hand somewhat gingerly on the unconcious goblin, she mumbled a soft prayer, a soft white glow emanating from between her fingertips.

    Casting Cure Light Wounds:
    (1d8+5)[9]
    Last edited by Chu; 2007-02-09 at 12:50 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Bolvar lets out a small gasp at seeing healing magic used. He quickly recovers from his shock. He mumbles to himself "I will never get used to seeing that stuff."
    Last edited by Finn523; 2007-02-09 at 03:12 PM.
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:15/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]


    "Ahh... a healer. How um.. quaint. Let me guess, an intrepid band of adventurers? Back from your most recent Quest or Expedition? Slay any Dragons of late have we? Your actions have shown great kindness. And though I am loath to be in anyones debt, I am in yours.
    Please, both of you... let us get a table, and if you would hear it, i'll tell you of the events which lead to my walking through this door.
    "

    Thorael gets to his feet, and then helps Gilly up. After a couple of exchanged words in what can only be presumed as goblin, the mage addresses the waiting innkeeper. "I'll need a room for the night for myself and my valet here. A bottle of wine and a hot meal brought to that table there, and a word with your local constabulary about this bandit activity."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|[roll]1d20+4[/roll]|Listen|[roll]1d20+4[/roll]
    Spellcraft|[roll]1d20+13[/roll]|K:Arcane|[roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Misc|[roll]1d20[/roll]|Misc|[roll]1d20[/roll][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-20 at 09:04 AM.
    ~Ayr

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The old man looks confused, maybe it is the large words, maybe having a goblin as a manservant, maybe he is hard of hearing, maybe it is just because he finds it easier to pretend to be dumb, you might never know. He finally smiles and nods.

    "Tis, 2 gold per night for single room, 5 for larger room. Supper is 5 silver per platter but you'll have to slip me a few extra silver for the beatin' I'll get from the old lady for rousing her at this hour. Ale be 3 copper per mug and a bottle of wine be 12 gold. I be sorry sir that there be no law around these lands."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:15/20|
    Init +2|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk |+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Longbow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10| CHA 12[/table]


    Thorael returns the Innkeepers confused stare with one of his own. "Did i not just tell you, mere moments ago that i was beset upon by Bandits? 12 gold indeed for wine. Looks like it will be ale tonight. Single room, 1 Gold for your beating, and another 2 to ensure that we don't go thirsty this evening." Taking a seat at one of the tables, Thorael waits for those interested in his tale to join him. Gilly stands just behind and to the right of his Master.



    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+4)[18]|Listen|(1d20+4)[12][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-09 at 05:20 PM.
    ~Ayr

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The old man shuffles down the hall. You hear cursing and an old woman come out on the heals of the innkeeper. She does not look happy as she bangs into the kitchen door still cursing. Soon, however, you smell the aroma of steak grilling as the innkeeper brings over some fresh mugs of ale. After a few more moments re returns with plates filled with steak, potatoes, and greens and then sits down with the group, smiles, and waits for the tale to begin.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp:40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]

    Rasellia frowns at the perceived sarcasm, standing back up and dusting off her knees. "You're mistaken. The only relation I have with anyone in this room is just that - I'm in the same room as them. I only came here the day before yesterday, and under circumstances no better than your own." She shrugs and sighs, walking over to the table, but not sitting down. "I'm just trying to help."
    Last edited by Chu; 2007-02-10 at 09:09 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    OOC - please read:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Give me a heads up in OOC thread when you are ready for the plot to start advancing (i.e., characters/background stories are ready to start)
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Bolvar moves to the table, and has a seat. "I agree with the pretty lady. We have nothing in common besides where we are now. But don't let that stop you from your tale. I want to hear an epic story of how you just defeated 30 bandits on your way here."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen[rollv]1d20[/rollv]|spot[rollv]1d20[/rollv] [/table]
    Last edited by Finn523; 2007-02-10 at 02:14 PM.
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The innkeeper sits back in the chair and waits for the epic tale to begin. He slowly nurses the ale as he silently listens.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:15/20|
    Init +2|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk |+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Longbow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10| CHA 12[/table]


    Thorael looks wearily at the man come to join him. "
    I never said there were 30... although there were a great multitude. 30 sounds about right. How is it that you know so much about this bandit cadre... friend?" The mage's hand instinctively goes to his belt only to find his favorite dagger, no where to be found.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+4)[19]|Listen|(1d20+4)[15][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-12 at 05:14 PM.
    ~Ayr

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 13/13/10 | Nobles Clothes
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0|
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]Calthoric watched the rain fall from his Rooms window. He has not left his room for a few days since the Nobleman has dropped him off at this inn. After secure in the feeling the lord has left he dressed in his regal gear and went about his primping and pruning of himself. Calthoric was if anything after all, vein about his appearance. After his third look in the mirror satisfied he was looking his best he traveled down to the tavern part of the inn.

    Calthoric was caught with mild surprise as an elf clutched closely a goblin to him, both bloodied yet seem to be taken care of by a handful of would do gooders. Why anyone would clutch a goblin with any kind of caring was beyond his understand but then again the company Calthoric had to keep at times were not that favorable as well.

    The bartenders eyes widened with a pleasurable look as Calthoric approached him. He cloths had both a form fitting and comfortable look. His bright colors of Blue with inlaid gold trim at the seems of his clothing stuck out well among the current patrons of the bar. A crest, also of blue and gold on his tunic displayed the image of a great predator bird, possibly a hawk clutching a delicate rose in its talons. He walk seemed well practiced and of one that had common dealings with royalty. He sat with perfect posture and order a bottle of wine telling the barkeep to deliver it to the gentleman that had recently changed his order, as well as a glass of wine and a plate of hot food for himself. Calthoric remains facing the bar but is strictly focused on the conversation of the table speaking of bandits and unsurmountable odds.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I already took 12 gp off for the bottle of wine let me know how much for the glass and some food


    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|[roll]1d20+7[/roll]|Listen|[roll]1d20+7[/roll][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-12 at 10:22 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AZ

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The innkeeper raises from the bench at Calthoric request returning with a bottle of fine wine which he places before Thoeal with an empty goblet. He brings out another heaping plate of food for Calthoric with a goblet of wine. He then attempts to make eye contact with the other guests, in hopes that he will not have to get up again, before settling back down on the bench.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp:40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]
    Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 | detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 | cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1[/table]


    "Goblins, you say..?" She frowned, lowering her gaze as she thought for a moment. No, it can't be the same group... Still, the knowledge that there was yet another victim of banitry in these woods made her blood boil, but she remains silent as to listen to the newcomer's tale.
    Last edited by Chu; 2007-02-12 at 11:45 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:15/20|
    Init +2|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk |+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Longbow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10| CHA 12[/table]


    Convinced that the blank stare from the burly human is not a masterful bluff, but truely a lack of comprehension, Thorael relaxes a bit. "My dear sweet simple girl, there were no goblins, other than Gilly of course, and he was on the receiving end of the banditry as it were. The bandits were, for the most part, human. Your healing act was most helpful. No need to feel insecure that its only divine magic which you can conjure. There is no shame in requiring the assistance of a divine being in order to be useful. Please, join us." The wizard takes from the bottle of wine set before him, and fills the goblet. Handing it to Gilly, the goblin takes a sip. Brief moments pass, and convinced that the goblin is indeed still alive and unharmed, Thorael takes back the goblet, and raises it to the gentleman at the bar. "You sir... are welcome to join us as well. Before i begin, i must insist upon introductions. As i have mentioned previously... I am Thorael of Baelsgreen. This is Gillygalore my humble consigliere and valet."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-12 at 11:55 AM.
    ~Ayr

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp:40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 | detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 | cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1[/table]


    Shame? What is he... Shaking her head to ward off any suspicions, she nods in response to the elf's self-introductions. "My name is Rasellia Greenleaf, a Chosen Protectorate, and I'm unsettled by how similar our situations are, Thorael."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[5] Listen: (1d20+3)[18]


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 13/13/10 | Nobles Clothes
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0|
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]Finishing most of the food that was brought to him and looking at his plate that still contained half its helpings. "Keep the food was excellent as well as the wine. I am regretably unable to finish your ample portions. Please dispose of this." Calthoric nods his thanks to the barkeep and looks over his shoulder. Moving from his place at the bar he approaches the table of four. Bowing slightly, a moved he has seen many times during his time as a stable boy and has practiced repeatedly. He flashes a lavish grin as he speaks to the group. "Greetings milady Greenleaf and Thorael of Baelsgreen as well as guests of the table that I do not know. My name is Calthoric Wintersbane, A pleasure to meet you all. Do continue with your tale of how you escaped such an opposing force. You do not strike me as one that can deal with 30 bandits all of your own." Flashing an obviously disgusted look to the goblin. "Even with the aid of your...companion"

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-12 at 12:36 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[27]|Listen|(1d20+7)[18][/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20)[14](14)|spot(1d20)[1](1) [/table]


    Bolvar seems to have been zoning out, thinking about how the rain reminds him of his home. He snaps back to attention. "Sorry, all these names get confusing. I am Bolvar Wyrmsayer. I am a traveling the world. I have seen many acts of banditry. They never do anything by themselves. When there is one, there is thirty!"
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •