A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 59
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default [IC] Those that were

    It was another craphole of a day in Sigil, you awoke, if you slept, and the semi-real-psuedo weather was raining the disgusting smog ridden, acidic rain upon the stone buildings of Sigil.

    Maybe it would wash away some of the stink and filth of the city.

    Not likely.

    You had a mission, 0800 go find Lord Ruathgar, a little lordling of the world Morpororo. Shouldn't be to hard.

    Damnit, it's already 0730.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Go to town, feel free to port however you like to the location of this lord and fluff anything up you want.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2014-04-26 at 12:05 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    "Ah, yes, what I fine day to be a pincushion! Right, Ls and Gs? Oh I just know you love it... deep down... somehow." he looks at his wonderfully cooperative companions.

    After all, nothing's better than welcoming a brand new day with someone shouting "Surprise buff attack, wenches!" at you. Sure, not everyone takes thing like that too well, but the shallowness of his sustained wounds soon after tells Goodwin that those counterattacks were done in jest than out of malice.

    He then looks around for signs that might give him a clue about this Lord Ruathgar. Who knows? Obviously, a colossal sign that reads with "I AM LORD RUATHGAR" would likely be a bait, but that would at least be a lead than none at all. He also tries to delve into his mind for more information about this person.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check in case he could identify anything peculiar that might be a clue or lead: (1d20+77)[91]
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+35)[50]
    Knowledge (Religion): (1d20+35)[42]
    Here's the buff list for the party again. The +4 to skill checks would probably come in handy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    +2 morale bonus to Attacks, Skill [Admiral's Bicorne]
    +5 morale bonus to Saves [Conviction (9H)]
    +4 sacred bonus to Saves [Tyche's Touch (1D)]
    +2 luck bonus to Attacks, Damage, Saves, Skill [Recitation (2D)]
    +8 racial bonus to Spot [Eyes of the Avoral (9H)]
    +5 enhancement bonus to Weapons, Armors, and Shields [GMW & MV (2D)]
    +6 resistance bonus to Saves [Resistance, Superior (2D)]
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    Pae glances up from where he had sat all night. He'd been slightly bored, but an inability to sleep is something you get used to. ...eventually. He absently pats the area of his chest that was just shot through with buffs.

    "I am uncertain that needed to be a 'surprise' attack. The effects are helpful, after all." The Warforged stands, collecting his weapon and shield from the ground beside him, strapping both to his back.

    He follows Goodwin in glancing around the area for clues, but then moves to their other companions, to begin waking them.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Spot - (d20+53)[56]
    [roll=Knowledge (Planes)]d20+36[/roll]

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Spoiler: Find the full-sized version of my avatar here!
    Show

    Just 'cause you're crazy
    Doesn't mean that you're free

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    "Pincushions, I'll show you pincushions..." The red dragon made its way along with the group on all four, muttering in a low tone. It wore a metal disc strapped over its chest and a pair of vicious looking steel claws over its own that rang with each step on the stones below. A few embedded gemstones decorated its hide, and it tried to look dignified as it surveyed the city of doors through its gleaming ruby-like eyes.

    Saath walked in front of it and smiled at its grumbling. A bit of humility may do it good. Still, when compared to some of the things that had been shot at them, he welcomed these arrows. As he walked he remembered looking at this city once and thinking of a glorious campaign to claim it. How things had changed. For now, to find this Lord Ruathgar... Does that name ring a bell Krata?

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Saath: Knowledge: The Planes (1d20+23)[39] with an Aid Another from Krata
    Krata: Knowledge: The Planes (1d20+14)[23] with an Aid Another from Saath
    Trying to figure out anything regarding Lord Ruathgar, or any recent oddities in Sigil.

    Psicrystal fused to Krata
    Both with Inertial Armor
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2014-04-23 at 03:55 PM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zanos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    Kelris moved along with the group, floating himself about half an inch off the ground. His daughter, Arien walked next to him. Thankfully she was rather talkative today, as getting a word from her father was like getting blood from a stone. They were perpetually dressed in fine black robes; the clothing of mourners. Arien had tried to add a bit of character to hers with various feathers and pelts she had collected, but her father's was as plain as the day it was tailored.

    "My father and I thank you for your continued assistance, Master Chebyshev. She turns to bow, but a stone hand from her father grasps her shoulder, and she stops midway through. He shakes his head at her, and she continues walking. He turns to Chebyshev and inclines his head at him; a barely noticeably gesture. "Father, have you learned anything of who were to find in your studies?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Might as well roll all of them:
    Kn: Arcana(1d20+42)[56]
    Kn: Planes(1d20+42)[60]
    Kn: Religion(1d20+42)[49]
    Kn: Nature(1d20+42)[51]
    Kn: Local(1d20+42)[44]
    Kn: Dungeoneering(1d20+42)[58]
    Kn: History(1d20+42)[48]
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    The woman without a name had given Goodwin a few good pokes with her Wind Spear as a weird sort of appreciation for the prank that she presumed would become routine. If he couldn't handle a jab or two with a spear, then he probably wasn't worth her time. In either case, the woman was now smiling and bouncing up and down on the soles of her feet, white hair flowing up and down along with the movement. Following the group, she declined to show off her speed; they'd figure it out later.

    "If none of you know where Ruathgar might be, I can Circle Dance to give us a direction," she offered, looking around. Her eyes settled on the red dragon for a few moments, before she turned back to Goodwin. "It shouldn't take too long to get to him after that."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Torgarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    Marco stands in the shadows behind the others, he would allow them to attempt to find the man they were seeking. His job wasn't to find the man, it was to apprehend him. His skillset was very focused and he had a very limited knowledge of Sigil, he had not spent much time here up until this point. His domain is shadow and whilst this filthy city had plenty of that, he wouldn't prefer to dwell here. He pulls several daggers from his belt and starts juggling them as he waits for information from his current allies, trying to think if he might have some small bit of knowledge that could be helpful.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Know Local: (1d20+8)[26]
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

    Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

    My Homebrew

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    Jargun had awoken somewhat earlier that day to begin his daily routine of enshrining himself in his magics. Sigil had a habit of turning dangerous at a drop of a hat. He fiddled with a wand in his hand as his psicrystal hums into motion next to him. Interesting to think that the rock next to him was smarter than the average man. It had been a worthy companion, he was happy to have decided to have crafted one years ago...

    "Come now," he said calmly. "Let's talk about what we know. I can hope that we're all ready since we don't know much time." The contracts had been coming in somewhat quickly and they must have lost track of time again. This was cutting it a little close, even for them. With a twitch of his hand, he flicks the wand, mind juice, his eyes glaze over and he searches his memory for anything he might have heard about the man...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Know (planes) (guidance of the avatar buff) (1d20+59)[72]
    Know (history) (1d20+39)[45]
    Know (religion) (1d20+39)[40]
    Know (psionics) (1d20+39)[48]
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    You all head to the portal that was designated by the contract, which provided enough information for a name and portal.

    Thats it.

    You know nothing of this Prince, only that you are to secure him and escort him back to Sigil.

    You find the portal on the corner of a building where an Eladrin and Vampire are discussing something, they both disperse at your arrival, the Vampire dissipating into a cloud of bats and the Eladrin flying off in a huff.

    The portal is in the cornerstone of the building and requires you to speak a word while pressing your hand to it.




    The portal jerks you into another dimension, the feeling of being in 3 places at once assaults you, and the contents of your stomach churns at the feeling, threatening to climb out of your mouth.

    Suddenly, you are pulled along like a current in a stream, and you are sent hurtling through space, streamers of golden blue trailing from your form as your spin and fly.

    And just as sudden as you were moving you stop. All three of your bodies merge with the quickness of time and your stomach forces itself through your mouth, spilling its content.

    As you recover from your lost meal, you look around you to see a lush green field, a stream trickles nearby and some kind of bug chirrups away.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    "Good ol Sigil portals..." Saath wipes hi mouth with his for arm and takes a few paces away from the mess. Similarily, Krata spews a few flame-tongues into the air to clear the taste.

    He takes a deep breath, "Nothing much is there?" He turns to the dragon, who nods and spreads its wings, taking flight. "Krata's gonna have a look around, if it runs into anything, I'll know." That said, he gets on one knew, places a hand on the grass below, and closes his eyes. "Odds are it wants to catch a second breakfast too."

    "So secure the prince and add our lunch the Sigil's aromas. Easy enough. I don't suppose anyone knows a cleaner way back to the city of doors? A window maybe?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Go into Hunter's Stance (Gain Scent)

    Krata will check scout out a 1 mile radius from our landing spot. +17 Spot and Listen, along with Mindsight of 40ft and all the other senses.

    Saath will start on a Psychometry (CPsi), augmented to a 30ft radius. He'll go for as long as allowed to, but cut it short if the group wants to go on.

    Also, some knowledge rolls regarding this world.

    Planes (1d20+21)[36]
    History (1d20+14)[31]
    Geography (1d20+13)[25]

    Krata as well, in case it rolls higher
    Planes (1d20+11)[14]
    History (1d20+5)[9]
    Geography (1d20+3)[22]
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Goodwin imagines that must be what being disemboweled feels like. His only consolation was that his diet now only consists of honey (not that he needs to eat or drink anymore).

    "You guys do your stuff, while I'll be the auxiliary eyes on the periphery. Now this one's for easier communication..." He regains his footing, and starts casting a Telepathic Bond spell on him and his allies. His bow reappears on his hand as he draws his blunt arrows and begins casting a Chain of Eyes spell.

    "And this one's optional, but highly recommended, for spying on you.

    Oops! I meant spying on anyone you come in contact with. Just touch anyone you suspect to be of interest, and the magic'll do its thing.
    "

    After the deed is done, Chebyshev stands steady still and let's his keen eyes alone roam up to its periphery, which is pretty far enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 20 on Spot (97)

    Knowledge checks if applicable
    Arcana: (1d20+39)[43]
    Religion: (1d20+39)[55]
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-04-26 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Jargun's mind spun, and he was thankful once again that he rarely eats. Men were clearly not made for planar travel though it was clear they could. "We can always shift back unless there's a block on it. I'm more concerned with not even knowing what kind of creature we are tracking. This isn't our best, we need to be better prepared next time."

    Jargun focuses and clears his mind and raises his senses.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast touchsight, augment 3
    True seeing
    Mind blank, psionic


    "I can try to find our way unless you wish to do otherwise..." He began to giggle as he cast his spell...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting divination, psionic with the question. "Where on this place is Lord Ruathgar, and what exactly is he?" (1d100)[98] failure on 1-10.
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Pae falls to a knee with a loud thump as they emerge from the portal. Almost 2000 pounds of metal hitting the ground likely left a mark. He shakes his head back and forth after a moment of gathering his wits. "That was as...unpleasant as always." At least he is among those who doesn't eat.

    The Warforged glances around the field they find themselves in, before shrugging lightly and making his way to the front of the group. "You know that my information-gathering and observational skills are not as masterful as some of yours are. I will simply stand ready for any sudden hostilities." He stands in front of those beginning their spells or other abilities, arms folded. Hopefully the imposing figure alone would scare off any wildlife or other problems.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Spot - (d20+53)[63]
    Spoiler: Find the full-sized version of my avatar here!
    Show

    Just 'cause you're crazy
    Doesn't mean that you're free

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    "Does anyone have a Prestidigitation?" The woman with the spear asked, before wiping her face with a small water elemental that was, just, there all of the sudden.

    "So I'll just cast...oh," she stops herself upon noticing that various party members are going through their respective find-something rigmaroles, then frowns. She was slow, wasn't she... "Never mind. Lead us to him, then." The woman sighed quietly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Summon Elemental for a small water elemental.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Krata flies up on his huge wings, his steady beating of the air getting slightly muffled as he climbs ever higher. As he gets to about 50 ft, he can see some tall trees, and some buildings off in the distance, as he gets eve higher, he sees the buildings look a like a farm, or a villa, the landscape is soft rolling hills and seems to be cultivated, with barren fields adjacent to plowed, adjacent to fully grown fields of some kind of grain.

    His keen vision can pick out children playing in the nearby villa, and people moving about the fields, tending to the crops.

    Meanwhile Saath concentrates on his power, he can see well tanned humans walking about, younglings playing in the nearby stream, and running away from their elders, dogs and cats, birds and insects....

    Goodwin's eyes are keen enough to make out the individual birds cheeping in response to your arrival, and you can barely make out a building on the other side of the creek, hidden by the trees.

    Jargun receives an answer to his question:
    "Lord Ruathgar is at his home, he is but a human Prince."
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    "Looks like a human farm, and little else really, at least within a mile. Nothing noteworthy has been by here either. Nothing to point me towards the target though." Saath can't help but sigh, was this really what he had been reduced to? "There are some buildings up ahead, but it would probably be best for someone else to go ask around. If its humans, they might not take too kindly to me and Krata." Would there even have been anything of value in a place like this?

    It was best to keep these thoughts to himself, anything he felt the dragon probably felt even more, best not to feed that flame. He points the way to the buildings.

    ---

    The dragon heads towards were there may be any sort of wildlife. It'll avoid humanoids and domesticated animals, and go for wild game. Beyond that any sort of animal would do, just something that would keep it entertained for a bit. The first would be a quick bite to eat, the second it'll catch and keep alive for now.
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2014-04-29 at 10:21 PM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Still within a trance, Jargun states, "Lord Ruathgar is at his home, he is but a human Prince" He sighed not being able to be more useful than that. Looking around he states, "You're right, it is a human farm. Shall we be old fashioned and simply ask?"
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Pae tilts his head slightly, looking at Saath. "I would not receive a most welcome reaction in most villages either, but given that the man we are to meet is considered a prince, and how close to his village we have arrived..." He taps a large foot, slowly. "We may be expected by the villagers." He shrugs his shoulders, equally as slowly. "Or our arrival may be meant to be a secret, and we should go directly to his manor, or other such dwelling. It would be better to have more information."

    Pae glances around at the others, shifting in place a bit. "Though if we have investigated with all the methods we are willing to...the village may be our only option."
    Spoiler: Find the full-sized version of my avatar here!
    Show

    Just 'cause you're crazy
    Doesn't mean that you're free

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    "Better be up front about it, then, champs. It's not like everyone can be subtle to save their lives", he pauses to look half-heartedly around in a fruitless effort to locate Marco.

    "I suppose I could instantly transport us all, but a force field's presence would easily ward that magic off. Walk, run, fly... your choice."
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zanos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Kelris lands on the other side of the portal surprisingly upright. Aerin on the other hand, is not as lucky, and wipes the remains of her breakfast off her lip with a strip of black pelt. "I'm fine father, thanks for asking." Her fathers voice projects from his location, but his mouth remains shut. "I am certain I would know if you were not."

    Kelris turns to Saath as well, joining the conversation. "The mental well-being of commoners is not our concern. If our appearances causes them to panic, then allow them to panic. I will not lose any sleep over it. I do not relish the suggestion of meandering about their hovel, however..."

    Kelris produces a polished silver mirror and waves his hand across the surface, attempting to scry on Lord Ruathgar.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spending 13 arcs to cast Greater Scrying. DC is 32 and Ruathgar gets a +5 bonus on his will save since I only have second hand knowledge of him.
    456/545 Arcs
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    That caught him off guard. In a place like this, these people were cattle and little else, why did he care? Time ago he would have flown in and forced them to drag the prince out. But I had an entire warband behind me then

    He takes a deep breath. Primal air always felt off. "I don't see them having any kind of wards to be honest. Lets let him finish the divination. If that turns out nothing, then a teleport over to the farm seems the next best step. Want to handle it Goodwin, or should I?"
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Despite his earlier warning, and being the great panderer that he was, Goodwin obliges Saath. "Heh. Sure. Whenever everyone's ready, chief..."

    Faint gray motes of energy appear from his hands and begin creeping slowly toward his bow, not very dissimilar to a pack of hunters circling their next prey.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Those that were - IC

    "You can save your teleport and fast travel spells," the unnamed woman commented to no one in particular. "It's more efficient for me to run over there for you and come back. Just point me in the right direction." She began ascending an invisible staircase (air walk was weird) to get above the treeline.

    If given a direction, she'd start running at top speed. Assuming whatever interesting landmark the party pointed her towards was within a mile, she'd reach it within 20 seconds and then stop.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Torgarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Marco silently fades into a nearby shadow, he begins jumping from shadow to shadow, heading in the indicated direction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow jumping until I reach the farm house
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

    Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

    My Homebrew

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Pae stands to his full height of thirteen feet, pointing in the direction of the town the others have pointed out. He gives the woman with no name a small wave as she presumably speeds off.

    He slouches down again a bit to look towards the others easier, as they sort out however they will be travelling.
    Spoiler: Find the full-sized version of my avatar here!
    Show

    Just 'cause you're crazy
    Doesn't mean that you're free

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Kelris peers into his mirror and sees the surface ripple with movement, and but only a moment later, a picture of a plump noble appears, he is sitting in a bathhouse, being fed grapes by nubile slaves, as others bring in wine and others still stir the water and bring in steaming tubs to re heat the bath, there are no windows and the room is lit by torches that buoy by the walls, suspended by magic.

    Unfortunately, the scyring does not indicate a direction.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    "Well..." Jargun taps his foot impatiently as he watches the others dash off ahead. "Did your divinitations go any better than mine?"
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Saath stretches, watching the woman go. That woman went ahead, into that farmhouse you saw. Keep an eye on her, just in case. We're still trying to magic his location on this end...

    ---

    Krata grunts, exhaling a short flame. Nothing yet and no time for a meal. There were always those children... probably not the best idea. This wasn't a raid, they'd gone over this before. A good raid would be nice around now, it had been far too long. Still, it stops its hunt and goes back to the skies, staying out of sight but trying to spot that woman that refused to name herself. Bah, what secrets could she be hiding?

    Let her be, we need friends right now, not annoyed mercenaries.

    Fine, fine...

    ---

    At Jargun's question, Saath simply shrugs. "You know, I am starting to think the old fashioned way may be best here."
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    A moment passes with Pae looking up into the sky, before he looks to Saath and nods. "You may be right." The Warforged turns towards the village, and begins walking. "I will go and say hello." He moves off through the trees, branches not giving any resistance.
    Spoiler: Find the full-sized version of my avatar here!
    Show

    Just 'cause you're crazy
    Doesn't mean that you're free

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Torgarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Those that were

    Once Marco reaches the house he approaches the nearest window or door and attempts to look into the building stealthily.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

    Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

    My Homebrew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •