New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss Thog.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default I miss Thog.

What are some possible scenarios in which he is still alive/will be resurrected?

Has he left us for the great elemental plane of ranch dressing in the sky?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: I miss Thog.

He is not for certain dead, so he could come back. The Linear Guild is currently pretty scattered and weakened, so it would be interesting to see how they worm their way back into the story.

Peelee’s Lotsey

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thog is a barbarian; he has a lot of hit points. He could possibly survive that collapse.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Schrödinger's orc is neither alive nor dead until they dig through the rubble and find out.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Even if he *is* alive, how would he get from Bleedingham to the dwarven lands in time to influence anything that happens there? If he can't influence what happens there then there's no point in him returning to the story, so I think it's just simpler for him to be dead at this point.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

I miss Thog too, frequently. AS the latest Rules Dysfunction thread points out, souls are troublesome objects in that they cant be targeted without weirdness, so Thog can't be true res'd without a body, and I can't hit him, either. :(

That is how we meant "miss Thog", right?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Even if he *is* alive, how would he get from Bleedingham to the dwarven lands in time to influence anything that happens there? If he can't influence what happens there then there's no point in him returning to the story, so I think it's just simpler for him to be dead at this point.
    easy. Tarquin has Z resurrected and makes him teleport the surviving members of the Linear Guild after the Order, just to spite them into coming back and dealing with him properly.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

There will surely be a sub-plot involving Ian's revenge on Tarquin. Assuming it takes place in Bleedingham, it's possible Thog could get involved.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That's what I was saying. It would be interesting to see how they (or just Thog) got back into the story at this point.

Peelee’s Lotsey

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

: thog on grog, thog on grog, i do not like that thog on grog. I much prefer a thog with dog!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

If he's still alive, we might get a cameo of him rampaging off into the sunset with an ice cream cone in hand.

Personally, though, I figure he's dead. The day of the Linear Guild is done. Nale, Z, and the kobold are dead for sure. Sabine and the imp are back on their home plane. Leaving Thog around as a loose end, when a 500 ton ceiling fell on him already, just doesn't seem too likely.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    If he's still alive, we might get a cameo of him rampaging off into the sunset with an ice cream cone in hand.
    This would be a nice way to end things. As long as there's a puppy somewhere in that scene.

Peelee’s Lotsey

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

Actually, I kinda wanted to see Sabine go on a rampaging quest to bring Nale back, since they don't seem to be together in the afterlife. Perhaps she makes a deal with the 3 demon lords to get his soul for her own keeping?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Actually, I kinda wanted to see Sabine go on a rampaging quest to bring Nale back, since they don't seem to be together in the afterlife. Perhaps she makes a deal with the 3 demon lords to get his soul for her own keeping?
    That would be kind of interesting to see. Also, keep in mind that only one of them (Cedrik) is a demon.

Peelee’s Lotsey

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Tarquin has Z resurrected and makes him teleport the surviving members of the Linear Guild after the Order
    And Z knows Teleport, does he? I don't recall ever seeing him use it, and in fact, he chose to *fly* himself and the others away from Azure City rather than just teleporting out of there, which kind of suggests he might not be able to do that.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

And Z knows Teleport, does he? I don't recall ever seeing him use it, and in fact, he chose to *fly* himself and the others away from Azure City rather than just teleporting out of there, which kind of suggests he might not be able to do that.

He's used it before.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    And even if he hadn't, Conjuration isn't one of his barred schools, so he could learn it.

18. - Top - End - #18

Nale's Lawful Evil, so to get to where Sabine is, she'd need the help of the Devil Lord and probably the Demon Lord (or possibly all 3 of them) to get his soul somewhere she can get to. There IS ya know, kind of a blood war, and smuggling a soul from one end to the other might be a little difficult.

On Thog...

He might've survived. Rich hasn't said anything either way, so whatever. Wonder if Tarquin even bothered to check if he was alive.

19. - Top - End - #19

Planetar

Thog is Serini, Thog is Serini!!!

~I mister Thog.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nale's Lawful Evil, so to get to where Sabine is, she'd need the help of the Devil Lord and probably the Demon Lord (or possibly all 3 of them) to get his soul somewhere she can get to. There IS ya know, kind of a blood war, and smuggling a soul from one end to the other might be a little difficult.

On Thog...

He might've survived. Rich hasn't said anything either way, so whatever. Wonder if Tarquin even bothered to check if he was alive.
    IIRC, word of Giant is that Nale is CE, and just thinks hes LE because of the evil opposites thing.

21. - Top - End - #21

Well, the stats thread is wrong then. Because it clearly has Nale down as LE along with the rest of his stats.

Also, if he was CE, I'd think Sabine would be considerably less angry, as she'd just go down to the Abyss and collect his soul.

22. - Top - End - #22

Planetar

TG said Nale's actual alignment was an interesting question.. or something along those lines. The postulate was never denied nor confirmed, but hinted at it being relevant... at least that's my interpretation.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfHell View Post
    TG said Nale's actual alignment was an interesting question.. or something along those lines. The postulate was never denied nor confirmed, but hinted at it being relevant... at least that's my interpretation.
    I believe he was listing individuals of various alignment, and put Nale under chaotic evil. Someone pointed out that Nale claimed he was LE, and the Giant said "interesting question, isn't it."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I believe he was listing individuals of various alignment, and put Nale under chaotic evil. Someone pointed out that Nale claimed he was LE, and the Giant said "interesting question, isn't it."
    Nope. Here is the quote (4th reply).

Peelee’s Lotsey

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Nope. Here is the quote (4th reply).
    perhaps im thinking of another conversation, but id swear that the Giant at one point listed Nale as Chaotic Evil.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

perhaps im thinking of another conversation, but id swear that the Giant at one point listed Nale as Chaotic Evil.
    The only time the Giant listed large amounts of characters' alignments was here.

He said Nale was Evil here, but not Chaotic.

-Brought to you by the Index of the Giant's Comments

Peelee’s Lotsey

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    The only time the Giant listed large amounts of characters' alignments was here.

He said Nale was Evil here, but not Chaotic.

-Brought to you by the Index of the Giant's Comments
    Huh. I am baffled. Id swear there was more discussion about Nale not being LE like he thinks.

28. - Top - End - #28

Interesting.

In those quotes, Miko is not listed as LN, TN, or NG. She must've died LG after all. Surprising as that is.

And there's no evidence for Nale being CE. If he was, again, Sabine would be considerably less angry.

Being LE makes more sense, as it adds separation in the afterlife to the tragedy of his death. And if he was NE, he'd be listed as such.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Huh. I am baffled. Id swear there was more discussion about Nale not being LE like he thinks.
    There has certainly been plenty of speculation about this topic. However, as far as I can tell, the Giant has neither confirmed nor denied that he is CE.

Edit:
    Interesting.

In those quotes, Miko is not listed as LN, TN, or NG. She must've died LG after all. Surprising as that is.

...And if he was NE, he'd be listed as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'm sure there are others, and some I'm specifically not mentioning.
    The list is by no means a complete list, and the exclusion of a character from the list is not definitive.
    Last edited by Jaxzan Proditor; 2014-05-17 at 04:41 PM.

Peelee’s Lotsey

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Thog needs to show up again at some point before everything is done. He'll show up randomly out of nowhere, dressed a leprechaun, riding a unicorn, and save the day. Something delightfully inexplicable and adorable in his charming half-orcish way.