New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default (3.5) Psionic Mantle: Draconic

Just a quickie here, a new Psionic Mantle.

(All the powers are from the Expanded Psionics Handbook (XPH), Complete Psionic (CPsi) or Dragon Magic (DrM).)

Draconic
    Granted Ability: Add Intimidate to your list of class skills for the class that granted this mantle. You gain a +2 bonus on Intimidate checks.

Powers:
    1 Claws of the Beast (XPH)
    1 Primal Fear (CPsi)
    2 Darkvision, Psionic (XPH)
    4 Claw of Energy (XPH)
    4 Dominate, Psionic (XPH)
    4 Gemstone Breath (DrM)
    6 Breath of the Black Dragon (XPH)
    8 Mind Blank, Psionic (XPH)

Divine Mind Aura Bonus: Allies within your aura gain Fire Resistance 5. This resistance increases by 5 for every six Divine Mind levels you've attained (10 at level 6, 15 at level 12, and 20 at level 18).

Desired feedback: Does it make sense? Is it generally balanced with the published psionic mantles? Thank you!

Edits: Changed granted power per neilthrun's feedback.
    Last edited by Blackjackg; 2014-05-05 at 04:50 PM.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth.

Optional rules I'm working on (please contact me if you have ideas for developing them!):
    Generic Prestige Classes; Summon Monster Variant; Advanced Dodges and Dex Bonuses; Incantations to Raise the Dead

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: (3.5) Psionic Mantle: Draconic

Yeah, this seems balanced. Two things you might consider

Just give a +2 intimdate bonus. For small bonuses, I feel its better to not have them be conditional. Less book keeping.

Mind Blank doesn't seem to really fit the theme. I'd go look for something else. Though, I see no reason that picking Mind Blank would be unbalanced.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) Psionic Mantle: Draconic

Thanks for the feedback. You're right that a flat +2 makes more sense.

I'm sure I had a reason or picking Mind Blank as the 8th-level power, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. You're totally right that it doesn't seem to fit. I'll give it some thought.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth.

Optional rules I'm working on (please contact me if you have ideas for developing them!):
    Generic Prestige Classes; Summon Monster Variant; Advanced Dodges and Dex Bonuses; Incantations to Raise the Dead