1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Question The Dimensions of Trunia (IC)

The
    DIMENSIONS
    of
    TRUNIA!

(OOC Thread)
    Fluff Version: (Short version/concrete data below)
    Late Summer, The sun set over the kingdom as half a moon rose in gentle twilight, the chilly wind whistled from the ocean, where couples kissed, loaners pondered, and the Wisemen meditated, a small fishing boat has left out to sea, but nobody, not even the blind could have missed what happened that day.

Up in the sky, the celestial bodies distorted and shook in a thundering crack. It was understood everywhere that reality was warping around them in unfathomable ways, shapes and forms. Something was about to happen.

No man nor woman nor child in trunia will ever forget how the entire kingdom bounced - How unreal and nauseating it felt when the entire land of Trunia was ripped apart perfectly, borders and all, only fit into a perfectly shaped hole in the ground of a world somewhat similar(yet entirely different) to their own. The world seemed pretty normal too, at first. Though something seemed quite off about it from the very beginning.

Within a few nightmarish days more kingdoms and cultures have been spotted, and the order on this new earth took a new form - physics and logic were undependable in this crudely shaped world - much has been altered, Places and creatures that were never before are patched crudely together to form a strange new map with almost otherworldly contrast, but each area and it's inhabitants rise up to enforce their own way of living.

As for the kingdom - this region was left in a crisis, having been torn away from it's allies and imports and many sent soldiers who may never return again. surprisingly though, there still remains a shred of normality inside the chaos, albeit with some new appearances.
    A most notable change in the kingdom was Duchess Tiba's castle near the center of Owlreed. which was shrouded entirely by faint green mist and closed to the public.

A month has past, and many of the citizens of Trunia are starting to readjust to the unusual sights and events occurring around them. Though some changes have proven more troublesome than others.

The cold winds and warm rain from beyond the shore welcomes you fondly after the scorching sands atop frosty mountains on the journey there, but having just crossed the gates into Trunia's meadowlands for one reason or another it's important not to get lost in neither excitement nor calm. Your paths have all crisscrossed at the Trunian borders or on the journey to them and united as a group of...acquaintances, for the lack of a better term. Your personal goals may seem as clear-cut as you make them. That being said - many an opportunity await you in Trunia, but where will you even begin?

Spoiler: Short and crunchy Version
    Show
    Short and sweet:
    Okay, so you begin play in this new land for the first time, Trunia, as it was rumored to have been called. As above, you are all standing in the meadowlands. Since the borders are on a tall hill, you can see the more noticeable features in the short horizon - a village east from here, a large, flawlessly half-elliptical canyon lies north-west (further down the meadow), and a round and stout fort stands upon a low-peaked mountain nearby. what shall you do first?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Dimensions of Trunia (IC)

"ooooh look at that canyon! Killarra says with a jump. "That can't have been natural... We should go see that! Please? Please can we go..?? The fort and village will be there later but oh that canyon could be filled with ANYTHING!" she is positively bouncing with excitement, though it's obvious she thinks the group will much rather head towards some civilization first and that her only chance is if they are humoring her for good spirits.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Kelinguo chuckles, "If anything I'd say the geography will be around longer than the towns. I don't mind checking them out, but I'd like to make sure we're in good standing with the nearest community first, in case we need to retreat there later. Besides, they might either know something about it or want to know something about it themselves."

"Tell you what, let's swing by the fort first. Normally, I'd be more inclined to start at the village, but the fort seems a bit closer to that canyon you're so interested in. We can swing by, listen in on what to prepare for, and possibly restock any supplies we might need for that bout of exploration."

4. - Top - End - #4

ClericGuy

Joseph fiddles nervously with his staff, obviously still unused to being around people, even if they've been his traveling companions. He mutters under his breath, "Sure. Whatever sounds fun to you."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Thorn rustles slightly at the Nymph's antics. "I think we should go to the fort as well. They are also less likely to be startled by our appearances than villagers."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, Lime was too much of an eyesore, so Sienna it is. Bold is speech, italic is thoughts.

Also, I just noticed that Killarra has a (Su) breath weapon! Quick, spew acid at Thorn!

I'm half-serious here. It'd make a nice staple attack to have, and it would actually scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

During the quiet rain, just as the Kelinguo said his own, the red sun breaks through a gap in the clouds and a rainbow forms over a small forest in the distance. As you resume casual discussion, the birds are are now flying frightened across the sky, cawing, chirping away as you feel mild earthquake.

Show
    this was not something I wanted to put in right off the bat, but Kelinguo kinda asked for it by challenging the perpetuity of nature
    A DC 15 INT Knowledge(The Planes) or K(Nature)check will tell more on it, particularly high results will shed more information than given here.
    Spoiler: On a successful Knowledge(Nature):
    Show
    In Neo-Nature, a rainbow is a creation of the sunlight's interaction this new earth's rain that results in catastrophe - bad things are usually bound to happen to the poor creatures and objects caught at the ends of a rainbow.

Spoiler: On a successful Knowledge (The Planes):
    Show
    The extravagant rainbow, while pretty in appearance, is one of the world's neo-natural mechanisms to "paint" the world with chaos. Many unpredictable and likely harsh things occur at the ends of each of the rainbow's 7 arches.

So, is it agreed you are all going to the fort?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-05-09 at 05:31 AM.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"YOU SEE?? That rainbow is not a good sign! Something awful is happening at the end of that rainbow right now... We shouldn't tempt nature." she states matter-of-factily.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The route to the fort was not as eventful as one might think. Passing through the blue meadows and finding green trees and grass in sight is a relief, however.
    On the march towards there, you feel a strange, ominous buzzing echo through your bodies all at once as two, faint and ominous tones sound one after the other, only to fade away in moments.
    Spoiler
    Show
    By the way, moving back and forth in that spot you felt the sounding will repeat the sensation... And it tickles!
    once through the sounding zone, things appear basic and familiar - among other things trees have brown bark with normal red ants crawling up the bark; some bushes bare berries, they are sour but fit to eat. Along the road are trees that mark the road on both sides. The trees each have two symbols are painted on each tree - one of them crudely resembles a rising horse with one horn upon it's head, and the other of a judging face with many diagonal twirls protruding from it.
    Spoiler: Symbols
    Show
    It's not even worthy of a check, either you recognize them or you don't.

Finally you reach the fort. A tall old man awaits smiling by the doorstep. His grin quickly disappears and he screams to the sky as you approach.
    "great guardians, why do you forsake me and punish this holy house with more refugees?"

My Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #9

Chimera

(Before heading out Kelinguo makes a point of pulling out a sheet of parchment and sketching out the location of the rainbow for future reference.)

As they approach the old man, Kelinguo says "Don't know as I'd call us refugees really. I know personally I'm not really fleeing from anything. If anything, I'm more looking for things than running away."

Trying his best at a disarming grin, he continues "In fact, one of the things I specialize in is finding people and places. I actually wanted to swing by to learn about you folks. Of course, if your having a refugee problem, perhaps I could help alleviate that. I imagine if we could find another place that might take them, that could help you out here."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

No! the man exclaimed. It matters not where you came from, nor who sent you - The people who came to my door are not safe anyplace else... he approached Kelinguo. Eyed each of you swiftly, desperation in his eyes, he pays special notice to Joseph.
    "If your truly wish is to aid us, then we will accept it, but you must not let others know about this place."
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-05-09 at 05:37 PM.

My Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #11

ClericGuy

Joseph stares at the ground when the mans eyes pass over him, and fiddles with his staff. Joseph whispers, "I will keep the location of this place to myself."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Thorn rustles slightly as he shrugs, a gesture he has picked up on during his time with the quickbloods. "I do not understand why, but I will not tell others of this location."
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

He nodded earnestly."what about your company?" stares at the rest of them. "could they be trusted?"

My Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't even know how I got here, let alone how I'd get here again if I even wanted to. " Killarra says a bit too honestly.

15. - Top - End - #15

Chimera

Kelinguo presses his claws together. "Ah.. so it's misinformation you want then. I certainly won't advertise the place, but if you want to avoid visitors it's probably best to provide a cover story that will drive away interest instead of just claiming nothing is there. I can avoid mentioning the place and if specifically asked about it I can run with the old 'looks abandonned and probably haunted' angle."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

There is no wonder that gnome was hiding. It's his game. His treant follows suit to his gesturing originating every ten minutes or shorter if their distance are getting too wide. He seen the rainbow and he listened but had not pop out to greet the pink skin, the walking green, the half-breed, the charming dancer and the forest folk. This spot was so perfect and greenish. It's perfect to nestle in because the place was just cozy.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-05-10 at 02:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The man stood perplexed, yet understanding you did not come for a particular purpose.
    "well... I would not go that far, master uhm– Weasel. But I believe I may as well introduce myself." He assumed a dignified posture, for an elderly gentleman he was standing tall at roughly 6-feet-four. "I am reverend Marx, co-keeper of this humble church."
    Show
    I assume anybody who wanted to say his character's name, and perhaps occupation, has done so already.

"I should be grateful, however, that you offer us aid. And that more importantly that you aren't more goblins. He laughed hoarsely, despair accompanied his laughter as for a brief moment it became grief - clear as day.
    "Follow me inside, and I will explain everything."
    Spoiler: EDIT:
    Show
    Do you follow him?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-05-10 at 05:06 AM.

My Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #18

ClericGuy

Joseph nods, and quietly announces who he is to the old man, still uncomfortable with new people.

EDIT: and follows the old man.
    Last edited by Nevershutup; 2014-05-10 at 11:42 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Thorn follows Marx inside.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Killarra is likewise for following. It's not like anyone listens to her brilliant ideas anyway.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Right then!
    You enter the rundown church and find the place empty with wooden pews, some of them broken or in poor state. Patches of broken tile reveal flourishing flower patches."Ah-ah-ah - don't touch those!"he says. "Unseelie blossoms, they are kind enough to keep the poltergeists away, but father of Pelor they will bite your arm off in a blink!" the stained-glass windows are shining bright, especially through the many damaged cracks in them, two altars facing each other at the front. Reverend Marx sure let this place go, didn't he?
    He leads you lot to the dark basement, which locks, opens and locks again without a key. On your way to the second basement floor, the faint echoes of creepy laughing and screaming, metal clanking and objects occasionally striking the walls all intensify as you go further through the hall. The pastor warns you before you see the dining room to watch your step and be watch for things flying your way.
    He opens the door, and that's when you see them.

Goblins by the dozens are all running in a frenzy, throwing food at eachother and climbing on the structure's balance beams, wreaking havoc and injuring themselves in ways only goblins possibly can.
    "Gwirgu - GWIRGU!" Marx hollers at a goblin present, who turns to him with a thin tail protruding and flailing from his lips, "stick that rat out of your mouth! That portion is big enough for 3 of you runts!" many such familiar cries of an overworked babysitter can be heard from Reverend Marx when the goblin's supper time arrives.
    Marx then says something in your direction that is masked by the raging food fight before disappearing into the kitchen.

Spoiler: Listen - DC18
    Show
    "MIND THEM FOR A FEW MOMENTS, WILL YOU KINDLY? THEY ONLY LISTEN TO ME WHEN I STAND ON TALL GROUNDS!"

My Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #22

Chimera

Kelinguo is at a bit of a loss as to what their host expects, so he starts belting out a few lines from an old goblin song. The title roughly translates to "Where's my cricket?" With any luck, it will strike a cord with this group too.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why don't I have an army of goblins," Kavllona says to the group. She'd been following them but not really paying attention, too busy picking grass out of her chain shirt up until how. "Wait how do we...never mind." She sighs and then shrugs.

"I guess if they try to hurt me, just kick them away? I don't know how to goblin," she says to herself, complete with gestures at the empty air in front of her.

Spoiler
    Show
    No vestiges at this time.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kelinguo:
    Show
    Roll a babysitting check S'il vous plaît. Unknown DC, add your charisma mod.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-05-10 at 04:29 PM.

My Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Killarra just laughs quietly to herself at the way this detour had turned out.

26. - Top - End - #26

ClericGuy

Joseph, missing what Marx was trying to say, just stands there, shying away from anyone or anything that gets to close.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

*Ominous die rolling of who,what,where when and Why the heck just...*
    The goblins and their little goblings are busy at their games. Plates of leftover food are being being thrown around and thrown towards... Well, everywhere. The place is getting a little messy when a loud, high pitched scream breaks through the riot, and everybody freezes to look in the direction of the elevated podium. There, A tall figure stands in a heavy clergy uniform in a shady robe stands and flails his sleeved arms, and mumbles the ancient words of sanctified eldritch gibberish in a most jeering manner.
    The goblin crowds laugh is screeching and memorable as the hooded figure dances around before collapsing to the ground into 3 smaller goblings. The act only increased the riot before the roughhousing resumed.

Killara - the dice have spoken, And they smile upon thee!in pity.
    From within of the crossfire something is thrown in your direction and strikes your shoulder - it is not painful enough to deal damage but it's kind of hanging to you right now.
    Spoiler: What is it?
    Show
    a quick inspection will reveal it is mashed cauliflower, oceanberries and rat fur(picked clean). Yum!

Spoiler: Kelinguo
    Show
    I'm still waiting on the roll mentioned above, I ignore the song in the meantime. but want to remind you to do so secretly or in a spoiler. Not that anybody necessarily abstain from reading the spoilers, do they?
    QUICK POLL: IF ANY OF MY PLAYERS WHO READ THIS ABSTAIN FROM PEEKING INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S SPOILERS, DO ANNOUNCE SO IN THE OOC THREAD! XD
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-05-11 at 08:45 AM.

My Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Wiping the food off, Killarra says "I think it might be time to go see that canyon now, yes? Yes."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm? Oh. Okay." Kavllona pivots around on one point. "Too many goblins, anyway."
    Last edited by Kazyan; 2014-05-11 at 11:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

At Kellinguo's initiative he sings a goblin song in a tribal-esque, guttural words combined high-pitched deep sounds, clicks, stomps snarls and what sounds like a frog's croaking?

It is uncanny though, how quickly the riot fell to silence to listen to the Badger-man sing. And once the right interval arrived all the gobbos organized in song and dance - they must have choreographed this song. Or how else would the performance of such feral creatures of deep-seated disturbance synchronize so superbly?
    And the chorus plays...
    (Assuming anyone understands Goblin, or that somebody could translate:)
    ":..Find the cricket, down through the Gob
    before the bullfrog hungers more.
    He could eat a thousand off my feet!
    Would one little cricket even matter?
    NO!"

At that monent Marx breaks out if the kitchen with a colorful make-shift fish statuette that appears to be made of junk, and would have made for the podium should he not have been...distracted, by the obvious change around him.
    As the goblins finished their song they sat quietly to resume eating. Marx's mouth dropped agape as he just stood there.
    After a few moments he asks in awe:
    "How in the accursed blazes did you do that?"

My Extended Signature