A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 206
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WeaselGuy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaroth View Post


    Deathwing (World of Warcraft: Cataclysm) has been added to the list.


    might as well do Illidan Stormrage as well, WoW:The Burning Crusade

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaroth View Post
    Deathwing (World of Warcraft: Cataclysm) has been added to the list.
    Cataclysm Deathwing is a significantly worse villian then Warcraft 2 deathwing. hes weaker, harder to hurt, and less Magnificent bastard and more Megalomaniac.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    might as well do Illidan Stormrage as well, WoW:The Burning Crusade
    Illidan is actually a protagonist. He has a horrible wis score but hes normally trying to do the right thing.
    Last edited by toapat; 2014-05-12 at 03:55 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

    PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

    Drow avatar @ myself

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WeaselGuy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Cataclysm Deathwing is a significantly worse villian then Warcraft 2 deathwing. hes weaker, harder to hurt, and less Magnificent bastard and more Megalomaniac.



    Illidan is actually a protagonist. He has a horrible wis score but hes normally trying to do the right thing.
    In WC3, yeah, Illidan is a protagonist... but in WoW:TBC, he is most definitely a villain, utilizing fel orcs, naga, demons and Kael'thas's blood elves to wage war on Draenor and attempting to use the Dark Portal in order to attack Azeroth.

    edit: I do agree though that in general, and for the vast majority of his life, he lived a misunderstood existence, and operated under the guise of "the ends justify the means". In his defense, he was exiled, and then when the Azerothians attempted to reclaim Draenor, he struck back in defense of his adopted homeland... wow, the more I type, the more I start to disagree with myself...

    Let's just operate under the understanding that a video game villain is the bad guy that you have to defeat, and then Illidan fits the criteria.
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2014-05-12 at 04:02 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    In WC3, yeah, Illidan is a protagonist... but in WoW:TBC, he is most definitely a villain, utilizing fel orcs, naga, demons and Kael'thas's blood elves to wage war on Draenor and attempting to use the Dark Portal in order to attack Azeroth.
    So? the most generous Wis Score id give Illidan is a 6, and thats only when within 20' of Tyrande. We also never get to see TBC from the side of Illidan, so we never know his own intentions.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

    PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

    Drow avatar @ myself

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    He's not a "boss" but Dormammu in UMVC3 would be great to see. I'm sure Hellfire Warlock w/ Eldritch Cone or whatever would suffice for DEMONIC FLAMES!

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by LentilNinja View Post
    He's not a "boss" but Dormammu in UMVC3 would be great to see. I'm sure Hellfire Warlock w/ Eldritch Cone or whatever would suffice for DEMONIC FLAMES!
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna make a separate thread for Video Game protagonists (by which I mean characters you can play as regardless of their goals).
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post


    might as well do Illidan Stormrage as well, WoW:The Burning Crusade
    Added Illidan Stormrage.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Cataclysm Deathwing is a significantly worse villian then Warcraft 2 deathwing. hes weaker, harder to hurt, and less Magnificent bastard and more Megalomaniac.
    I assumed people would be more familiar with the Cataclysm version than the Warcraft 2 version, and as such would be more likely to be worked on by somebody.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ShadowFireLance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ruling Mordor
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Jot me down as Alex Mercer, and how about kalameet? (Dark Souls)
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

    Extended Sig

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WeaselGuy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Thinking about Illidan, I can kind of see the Daggerspell Mage working for him, with it being refluffed to represent his use of the Warglaives... He did start out as a Wizard (really more of a Sorcerer in D&D terms) and then became a Demon Hunter... Maybe Powerful Build Moon Elf with the Half-Fiend template, Sorcerer/Rogue/Daggerspell(fluffed) Mage?

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Jot me down as Alex Mercer, and how about kalameet? (Dark Souls)
    Done so.



    Kalameet (Dark Souls) has been added to the list.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    A thread for Video Game protagonists as D&D characters can now be found here.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Well what CR would we think Qualaag to be?
    10-15?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    What legacy do we leave, after all, but those quotes that others have sigged?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergmo View Post
    What do you do when you fight an undead that turns into a spider that's filled with spiders that turns into spiders after trapping you in magical webbing? You scream, and you never stop.
    'Prax' is fine.

    Take your forklift safety seriously, kids. You'll lose, every time.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by PraxisVetli View Post
    Well what CR would we think Qualaag to be?
    10-15?
    I think Quelaag would be a 15 at least, what with the massive damage her attacks do.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Heres a few I'd like to see (will try building when I get time, too. Will get back to you on that):

    Wesker (Resident Evil)
    Shao-Khan (Mortal Kombat)
    Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    Akuma (Street Fighter)
    M Bison (Street Fighter)
    Last edited by LentilNinja; 2014-05-12 at 06:32 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Angelalex242's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    I never expected to see 'Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts 1...'

    It's not like there's, oh, I dunno...

    Sephiroth, FFVII CC, Sephiroth, FFVII, Sephiroth FFVII-AC

    And on top of that, Sephiroth, KH1 and Sephiroth, KH2.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    I never expected to see 'Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts 1...'

    It's not like there's, oh, I dunno...

    Sephiroth, FFVII CC, Sephiroth, FFVII, Sephiroth FFVII-AC

    And on top of that, Sephiroth, KH1 and Sephiroth, KH2.
    I don't know much about CC.
    I dunno the possibility of him from FF7, since as a party member he never misses and always crits. He also knows Resurrection, Cure (the highest level) wounds, and the strongest Lightning, Ice, and Fire spell.
    AC Sephiroth just fights like a BAMF for a few minutes.
    And then theres KH2 Sephiroth. The amount of **** he gets between lots of projectiles, flaming pillars, raining meteors, etc.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    I never expected to see 'Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts 1...'

    It's not like there's, oh, I dunno...

    Sephiroth, FFVII CC, Sephiroth, FFVII, Sephiroth FFVII-AC

    And on top of that, Sephiroth, KH1 and Sephiroth, KH2.
    I'm avoiding list duplicates and KH1 Sephiroth has an attack that drains you of all but 1 hit point, and drains all MP (not sure what the D&D equivalent of MP is) but it's something I'd love to see re-created in D&D.

    I've also never played any of those games other than the two Kingdom Hearts.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by LentilNinja View Post
    Heres a few I'd like to see (will try building when I get time, too. Will get back to you on that):

    Wesker (Resident Evil)
    Shao-Khan (Mortal Kombat)
    Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    Akuma (Street Fighter)
    M Bison (Street Fighter)
    Please try to read all of the initial post and follow its instructions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaroth View Post
    If there's a recurring boss in a game series (i.e. Bowser), please specify which game in the series.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Got it:

    King Vendrick

    Half-Ogre Gheden

    2 Fighter/3 Barbarian/10 War Hulk

    Assume 36 point-buy
    Str: 46
    Dex: 16
    Int: 1
    Charisma: 2
    Wis: 8
    Con: 18

    Spoiler: DS2 Spoilers
    Show
    Vendrick's exile and slow transformation into a giant from Nashandra's meddling caused him to hollow and lose his sanity and mentality, but his strength and reflexes stayed as sharp as ever.


    Feats:
    1:Dodge, Power Attack, Cleave, Monkey Grip
    2:Improved Bull rush
    3:Knockback
    6:Awesome Blow
    9:Large and in Charge
    12:Combat Reflexes
    15:Karmic Strike

    He has a permanent Enlarge Person cast on him, and wears strongarm bracers. Thusly, he wields a Gargantuan greatsword in one hand or a Colossal greatsword in two. Note that if someone rules that Monkey Grip and Strongarm Bracers donít stack, then get rid of one or the other and use a slightly smaller sword.

    This build is just knockback cheese. When power attacking, you can hit someone and bull rush them as well as Awesome Blow, and this gets to apply to AoOs as well. This also works for Mighty Swings too. If an enemy comes near you, you get a hit like this again.

    I set this at 15 since I couldnít think of any other classes for flavor, although you could probably fit in 7 levels of another class with full BaB and bump down War Hulk to 8 to get Robilar's Gambit for more abuse.

    CR 17, I believe.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluydee View Post
    Got it:

    King Vendrick

    Half-Ogre Gheden

    2 Fighter/3 Barbarian/10 War Hulk

    Assume 36 point-buy
    Str: 46
    Dex: 16
    Int: 1
    Charisma: 2
    Wis: 8
    Con: 18

    Spoiler: DS2 Spoilers
    Show
    Vendrick's exile and slow transformation into a giant from Nashandra's meddling caused him to hollow and lose his sanity and mentality, but his strength and reflexes stayed as sharp as ever.


    Feats:
    1:Dodge, Power Attack, Cleave, Monkey Grip
    2:Improved Bull rush
    3:Knockback
    6:Awesome Blow
    9:Large and in Charge
    12:Combat Reflexes
    15:Karmic Strike

    He has a permanent Enlarge Person cast on him, and wears strongarm bracers. Thusly, he wields a Gargantuan greatsword in one hand or a Colossal greatsword in two. Note that if someone rules that Monkey Grip and Strongarm Bracers donít stack, then get rid of one or the other and use a slightly smaller sword.

    This build is just knockback cheese. When power attacking, you can hit someone and bull rush them as well as Awesome Blow, and this gets to apply to AoOs as well. This also works for Mighty Swings too. If an enemy comes near you, you get a hit like this again.

    I set this at 15 since I couldnít think of any other classes for flavor, although you could probably fit in 7 levels of another class with full BaB and bump down War Hulk to 8 to get Robilar's Gambit for more abuse.

    CR 17, I believe.
    That's awesome, first complete one!
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    ok so the hardest thing was to try and find a way to give the creature an earthquake ability native to the creature I wound up having to break down and use the Kaiju template from Dragon 289 and it got kind of Involved I'm not gonna post the whole thing right now but here's the gist
    8 Headed Kaiju Half Crystal, Red, Green, Shadow, Blue, and Taterian Dragon Cyrohydra
    gets all the breath weapons if you refluff the green's acid gas as poison and cold as water Kaiju template gives the earthquake ability.
    Abilities: Str 87, Dec 12, Con 42, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 41.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Svata's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, GA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Sorry I didn't post in the right format last time.
    Grima (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
    The Cobras (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
    Izanami (Persona 4)
    Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time)

    I might do Grima or Dr. Nefarious
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

    Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2004

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Ooooh, can you do Golbez from FFIV? (Yeah, I know Zemus/Zeromus in the final boss, but come on, you know you think of that organ music first.)

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    I hope I'm not too late, but is anyone acquainted with a game called Bayonetta? Came out in 2010 and it has some amazing bosses. Very over the top action.

    The bosses I'd like to see done from that game: Fortitudo, Temeprantia, Iustitia, Sapientia, and Jubileus, the Creator.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanBruce View Post
    I hope I'm not too late, but is anyone acquainted with a game called Bayonetta? Came out in 2010 and it has some amazing bosses. Very over the top action.

    The bosses I'd like to see done from that game: Fortitudo, Temeprantia, Iustitia, Sapientia, and Jubileus, the Creator.
    Could you please post it in the format given in the original post?

    Please list the bosses in the format:
    • [Boss name] ([Game])

    Taking a new line for each boss.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Ooooh, can you do Golbez from FFIV? (Yeah, I know Zemus/Zeromus in the final boss, but come on, you know you think of that organ music first.)
    Golbez has been added to the list.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Svata View Post
    Sorry I didn't post in the right format last time.
    Grima (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
    The Cobras (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
    Izanami (Persona 4)
    Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time)

    I might do Grima or Dr. Nefarious
    Dr. Nefarious, Grima, Izanami, and The Cobras have all been added to the list.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters



    Darklurker (Dark Souls 2) has been added to the list.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

    I never use Psionics in my games.

    Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

    Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Video Game bosses as D&D characters

    A CR 15-17 Qualaag will be posted tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    What legacy do we leave, after all, but those quotes that others have sigged?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergmo View Post
    What do you do when you fight an undead that turns into a spider that's filled with spiders that turns into spiders after trapping you in magical webbing? You scream, and you never stop.
    'Prax' is fine.

    Take your forklift safety seriously, kids. You'll lose, every time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •