A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Kindle Glitch, Please Assist

I haven't used my Kindle for a month, and when I pulled it out today there was the usual ad on the screen, but when I pressed the power button about 7/8ths of the screen remained frozen on the ad. I didn't worry too much, because the part of the screen I could see said the battery was dead, so I though it just needed charging. When it was finished charging I tried holding the power button for 30~ seconds, to no effect. That's essentally where my technical know how ends, can anyone help me fix my machine? It's a kindle version two, if that matters.
    Avatar made by Flumphy. Praise his name!

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kindle Glitch, Please Assist

Hold power down for over a minute until you get a screen flash, that is supposed to clear the memory and reboot.

Barring that I'd check to make sure but there should be a little hole on the back or side where you can insert a paperclip marked "Reset" but I'm not sure whether that is the same on the older ones as the last one I played with.
    Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
    ᴛʜɪs ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ sɪɢɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ.