New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

Parlaying with Demons - in the demon camp

"I represent someone who will come and talk to you, instead of attacking first!"
    Simone says hotly, fists clenched at her side. "I can talk to you like this because I do NOT answer to any mortal power. Isandwani is lost because no one could make peace. The entire city of my birth burned in flames. Do I need to recruit faction before you speak to me? Do I need soldiers? No! I represent spider-paws who are without faction or army. I. Speak. For. Them!" She glares at King Sargon, then at the woman. "And after we finish here, I go to factions and make them listen."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Parlaying with Demons - in the demon camp

The woman is first to speak once Simone is done. "So you claim to represent the small masses, those who've we have slaughtered by the dozens?" She frowns. "I don't care about their lives! The ones you talk to, they are nothing, you are nothing." She shakes her head. "So I've wasted enough time on you and your pleas. There will be no mercy." Then with a bright flash of light, the same color as the monolith glows with, she disappears.

"That was one of our guides." Sargon notes once she's gone. "As you can see, there is little room for peace, spiderpaw. Our guides believe you a threat."

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

Parlaying with demons - in the demon camp

"Perhaps little." Simone concedes. "But how does a human come to have such high rank? Or is she other than she appears?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1384

Parlaying with demons - in the demon camp

"You could say that, little mortal, the guides come in many forms. They are not consistent like you, or even us, yet such is the nature of a guide, they must adapt when those they guide do. Quite unlike your so-called 'gods'." Sargon scoffs, his breath icy cold. "However, before you leave, I have a few questions now that my subjects aren't attempting to murder you. If only one question, the mortals of your cities appear to be subjected to all sorts of governments, governments that do not care about their own kin, why do these mortals allow themselves to be subjected to that?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-05 at 01:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Parleying with demons

"Government provides to people of city: water, streets, removal of waste, arbitration of disputes, protection from invasion, monetary system, many other things. Without these things, cities do not function. But why do guides feel us a threat? You came to this realm. We did not seek out you. How do we threaten you?"
    Simone asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1386

[Temple Assault!]

Wenomir, Luvon, Steve and Felandria goes through the portal and ends up in large room made up of some kind of white stone. It is bathing in the glow of a group of crystals located in a circle around a huge black throne at the far side of the room. The effect being that anyone looking at the throne will nearly be blinded by the light as the rest of the room is perfectly dark with the complete lack of windows. On the opposite side of the room is a huge door made of the same black stone as the throne.

The walls are decorated in refile paintings of what appears to be a great black sea with strange skeletal beings swimming among the waves, their bone-white skulls contrasting greatly against the darkness around them.

Upon the throne itself sits a woman dressed in white, despite the fact that her her clothing- and hairstyle are completely different, adorned from top to toe in glistening green gems, Wenomir will recognize her as KR. Or who KR once was at least.
    She was until a moment ago staring at a holographic picture of the visage of a one-eyed, obsidian, demon, grinning back at her.
    Then she, and the picture, which appears to be animated, turns to look at them.
    "What is this? You are interrupting us."

The obsidian demon within the image grins. "Intruders, finally." it states in a deep foreboding voice. It sounds amused.

Parleying with demons

Sargon is quiet for a moment, as if he is staring past Simone, looking out somewhere into the distance. Then his gaze suddenly becomes focused once again. "Our realm is connected to many realms, mortal, and despite what your kind might think, you are usually the ones bringing us to you. Mortals summon our kind to do their dirty work, enslaving us to do what they do not have the guts to do themselves. The guides thus consider it a preemptive war, we do not take kindly to anyone using us as slaves." Sargon explains. "You might argue that only a few of your kind do this, but we know that it is not so. Between every mortal realm connected to ours, millions of my kind is enslaved daily. This is simply... payback."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-08 at 01:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

Parleying with demons

The shade of Simone shakes her head. "No. This is not payback. Someone enslaves you. You enslave someone else. That is a cycle of hate. There must be some way to break this. Why is it possible for mortals to enslave you? That is what must be ended. Not mortals. Not Therazim."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple Assault!]

Wenomir's eyes widen, then narrow when he sees the demon that looks like Kr. It's likely pretty confusing for Steve and Luvon, who had never met her. But whoever this woman is, her sight drives the warrior into a state of cold, focused fury. He grips his sword and Jaccalish's device tightly, and seems to grow a few centimetres as he speaks.

"Good," he says, in a forced cheerful tone that sounds outright disturbing. "Interrupting you was the plan. And since you don't recognize me, you don't have her memories. Did you just kill her and take over her body?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Temple Assault!]

Wenomir, Luvon, Steve and Felandria goes through the portal and ends up in large room made up of some kind of white stone. It is bathing in the glow of a group of crystals located in a circle around a huge black throne at the far side of the room. The effect being that anyone looking at the throne will nearly be blinded by the light as the rest of the room is perfectly dark with the complete lack of windows. On the opposite side of the room is a huge door made of the same black stone as the throne.

The walls are decorated in refile paintings of what appears to be a great black sea with strange skeletal beings swimming among the waves, their bone-white skulls contrasting greatly against the darkness around them.

Upon the throne itself sits a woman dressed in white, despite the fact that her her clothing- and hairstyle are completely different, adorned from top to toe in glistening green gems, Wenomir will recognize her as KR. Or who KR once was at least.
    She was until a moment ago staring at a holographic picture of the visage of a one-eyed, obsidian, demon, grinning back at her.
    Then she, and the picture, which appears to be animated, turns to look at them.
    "What is this? You are interrupting us."

The obsidian demon within the image grins. "Intruders, finally." it states in a deep foreboding voice. It sounds amused.
    Steve says "Alright Wenomir, let's send them all back to the hells. I think they might be suffering from homesickness." Steve draws his sword in case their other plan fails.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-04-09 at 04:23 AM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Temple Assault!]

Wenomir's eyes widen, then narrow when he sees the demon that looks like Kr. It's likely pretty confusing for Steve and Luvon, who had never met her. But whoever this woman is, her sight drives the warrior into a state of cold, focused fury. He grips his sword and Jaccalish's device tightly, and seems to grow a few centimetres as he speaks.

"Good," he says, in a forced cheerful tone that sounds outright disturbing. "Interrupting you was the plan. And since you don't recognize me, you don't have her memories. Did you just kill her and take over her body?"
    "Wenomir, if they're a prisoner then they probably wouldn't kill her. I'd guess it's a curse." He says, with his swords​ still drawn.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Orc in the Playground

Temple Assault

Felandria almost draws her sword, but so did everyone else, so might as well add some variety, and she pulls out the Lightning gun.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Orc in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

The distinct 'roar' of some kind of hideously over-powered high-tech engine, the normal low hum of repulsorcraft technology far louder than normal, signals the impending arrival of DC's drone forces. He has no idea how to actually get into the temple or where anyone is in there, so it seems he's sending the drones in a different way.

The boarding pod's speed is such that a human couldn't possibly survive using one without heavy safety precautions that would make it incredibly impractical, and it's this that will slam into the side of the temple soon, if there's nothing to stop it.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #1393

AMEN base

"Thinking about putting a stick in the hornet nest? Well, then I guess you don't mind getting strung!"

Mr E sitting in his room hits the alarm and calls up the automatic defenses of the base, machine guns warming up and turrets rising from the sides of the volcano. He turns on the pa system, ringing within the base and audible outside it.

"To all members, henchmen and allies, we have unwelcome company incoming! Prepare to see them off!"

14. - Top - End - #1394

[Temple Assault! - outside]

The drones can likely be seen all the way to the AMEN base due to how close it is to the temple. But the monolithic structure is not without its own defenses. While the swarm of flying demons scarcely can react to the high-speed drones, but the walls are heavily enchanted. Therefore, while the drones will make more than just a dent, they will be unable to go straight through the thick walls as they ram into them.

A few moments later the entire temple start to lit up in blue. Something is happening.

[Temple Assault - Inside]

The woman only have eyes for Wenomir as the group get themselves ready. "You." She says in shock, suddenly recognizing the warrior. "There is no time..." She says, speaking more to herself than anyone else.
    Then the entire room shakes slightly as the drones suddenly ram into the structure from the outside, the sound of them crashing into the temple can be heard even from here.

This does seem to snap her out of her indecisiveness. "Very well, so be it then." She declares as she gets up from the throne. "Initiate gating sequence, get us back home." Now the crystals around the throne change color to blue. Something is happening, energy is building up.

The holographic demonic head next to her focuses on them with its single volcanic eye. "If they drop any magical gear, it's mine. You can't use it in that body anyway." The demon demands.

Parleying with demons

Sargon grunts, his eyes suddenly becoming more intense. "My warriors have never enslaved a mortal. Perhaps some of the guides have fallen to such barbaric practices, but not me, or my guard." The demon king claims. "Each mortal have been granted a warrior's death, which is more than we can say about some of you. However, I though it was clear what enables it, it is the magic that your kind uses that allow you to bind our essence to you. It is not always the same, but it has the same use, to summon and control beings from other planes of existence. We are only one of the many types of beings that are used in such a manner, but unlike them, we won't so readily accept our fate. We embrace the way of the warrior and won't be slaves to your kind."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-10 at 02:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

So she does recognize him now. But there's no time for more deliberation and arguing. The other demon's words confirm that this is just a demon riding her body, anyway. Whatever feelings Wenomir might have on the subject are pushed back and left for later.

"Watch out for reinforcements!" he commands the other attackers. Then his eyes focus on this... thing using his love's body like a puppet. He moves, pushed by his rage as much as by his muscles, and closes the distance between them as if it wasn't even there. Once he's in range, he tries to pin the demon to her throne with a powerful stab, putting all the momentum of his charge behind it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Parleying with demons

"I have heard it said that mortals can be infected and changed into demons, and that those who are infected will go on to infect more. This sound like slavery to me, for no one would willingly choose...."
    Simone argues, but trails off as the noise of drones draws her attention upwards. She flinches as the drone slams into the temple.

And so the war continues. she says to Helios.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Orc in the Playground

[Temple Assault - Outside]

Reinforced armor plates crumple under the force of the impact before bursting outward, exposing some manner of technological contraption beneath, angular devices surrounding a central gun barrel-like structure. Auxiliary systems keep the pod in the air as that contraption reveals itself to be a plasma drill utilizing a destabilized power supply, crackling with chaotic power as it activates. The high-powered white-hot plasma auger is laced with destructive mundane and magical energy emissions from the power supply, something that the temple's owners may recognize.

Also something that may very well have those enchantments going completely awry even if they don't fail utterly.

Further off, an observation craft waits under cloak. For now, that does nothing. Let's see how Three's new toys work...
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

Steve says "Wenomir, I think that it is time to use our trump card." He readies himself for attack in case any hostiles charge him.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I agree with Steve. Let's not take any risks." Says the ranger, surveying everything around them.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

20. - Top - End - #1400

[Temple Assault! - outside]

The henchmen start to man the turrets and try to focus their fire on the drones within their limited range, attempting to blast them into broken slag. Other henchmen head for the armory for some of the heavier weaponry.

At the approach gate the henchman currently manning it tries to get a nearby demon's attention.

"My boss wants to know if its alright to use some of the weapons we got. He's asking because they might damage your temple."

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Orc in the Playground

Temple Assault

Felandria looks over at Steve.

Wait.....

Am I the trump card?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Temple Assault

Felandria looks over at Steve.

Wait.....

Am I the trump card?
    Steve says "I was actually referring to our gift; but now that I think about it, you also count. I have only been around you for a short amount of time, but I think that you are probably the most powerful force on our side."

23. - Top - End - #1403

"Wait..." The woman states holding up her in protest as Wenomir suddenly dashes towards her. But as he is about to reach her, the group will notice how the are around the thrown, just in-between Wenomir and the woman, as if reality itself was glitching.

Wenomir can now see himself impaling her through the chest, blood and guts spilling everywhere, but he can also see himself unable to do it, his sword falling down on the throne with a clang.
    Then the visions break apart even more, showing him cutting off her head instead, or her dodging his attack, even him falling to his knees before her as a huge demon comes up right behind him, tearing a huge hole in his chest. However, eventually the visions condense into one single vision of him impaling a strange winged-woman that just appears before him.

The rest of the group can see this as well, all of sudden a strange winged human just appeared before Wenomir, and seeing the shock in her eyes, it was probably not voluntarily. Wenomir might have a chance to avoid impaling the winged being, but the question is if he wants to, it could be another demon.
    "You should have waited." The being possessing KR insists grimly as the throne glows even more intensely, a low hum now coming from it. The crystals around it are lit up, one by one, and anyone looking at them might see that they are actually reflecting the woman upon the throne.

In addition, someone with magical senses that are attuned to planar shifts will definitely notice that whatever the throne is doing, it is seriously messing with the very fabric of the nexus. Twisting and manipulating it towards someone's ends.

"That was awe inspiring. I need one of those thrones." The holographic demon muses, as if the group wasn't even there.

Parleying with demons

"We don't infect mortals, that..." Sargon begins before his attention is also drawn to the drones. "Get out. Now." The demon king then orders Simone, without as much as looking at her. He has a point though, if she doesn't leave, the other fiends will take matter into their own hands...

I expected as much, didn't you? You have to admit that there was little, to no chance of success in this undertaking. I simply wanted more information. Helios replies.

Crackles from the walls can be heard as the enchantments react to the energy coming from the drones. However, now the flying demon around the base have gathered and begin spraying the drones with magical acid which while it is completely ineffective to organic matter, is extremely hazardous to inorganic matter such as the drones.

Underneath the temple, the ranks of the army of fiends that have been camping underneath it are beginning to thin as, after Sargon's orders, they are gating out of the base to somewhere.
    The henchman will still be able to talk to one of the pit lords, however. "How are you planning to hit those constructs from this angle, mortal? You're only going to hit the temple itself. Don't you have any other method of defending?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-13 at 09:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir staggers and stumbles his way through the reality-warp. When the images coalesce into someone else, put between him and his target, he makes a split-second decision to redirect his attack. There's no time to hold back, but he changes the sword's direction enough that it should hit the winged woman in the side, or possibly her arm, rather than impale her through the chest. He then jumps back, away from her.

"Go **** yourself, demon," he growls. "Stop expecting us to play along with whatever plan you're unfolding."

As he speak, his left arm snatches a silver dagger from his bandoleer and throws it at one of the crystals.

25. - Top - End - #1405

"The stuff was for defending our base mostly. There might be something that can do it, but while it deals with them it still might can damage. Do I have your permission to risk it?"

The henchman is holding a radio, connecting him to the rest of AMEN's network.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2017-04-12 at 07:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Orc in the Playground

Acid sizzles against the drone pod's armor, but whatever it's made of isn't collapsing instantly, thanks to a mixture of it just being that thick and whatever materials were involved in its construction. The drill continues on with no apparent interruption, turret fire probably hitting the temple as previously described.

Off in the distance, someone else does take notice of something. Her abilities have a certain range, but when something of that scale is happening...well, one tends to notice.

A familiar voice announces "Plane shift imminent" over VIGIL and EI comms, and the effect on the latter is immediately clear as safety protocols disengage on the already deliberately unstable plasma drill, overcharging the destabilized power systems. Were the pod's occupants organic, this would be exceptionally hazardous. As-is, it's going to total the pod with repeated use and render its components unsalvageable from the damage, but that's happening anyway.

"Moving in to support breach now."

Whatever the risks, A-2's shuttle flies in under cloak, firing its laser turrets into the flying demons attacking the drone pod. The aircraft-mounted laser turrets have no right to seem as precise as they are, apparently extremely accurate even against such miniscule targets, the result of A-2's target guidance. The shuttle fires in bursts, cloak concealing it in between to make it harder to deal with.

Running home at the first sign of trouble? Like hell. Not giving up the one chance I've got.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Wait..." The woman states holding up her in protest as Wenomir suddenly dashes towards her. But as he is about to reach her, the group will notice how the are around the thrown, just in-between Wenomir and the woman, as if reality itself was glitching.

Wenomir can now see himself impaling her through the chest, blood and guts spilling everywhere, but he can also see himself unable to do it, his sword falling down on the throne with a clang. Then the visions break apart even more, showing him cutting off her head instead, or her dodging his attack, even him falling to his knees before her as a huge demon comes up right behind him, tearing a huge hole in his chest. However, eventually the visions condense into one single vision of him impaling a strange winged-woman that just appears before him.

The rest of the group can see this as well, all of sudden a strange winged human just appeared before Wenomir, and seeing the shock in her eyes, it was probably not voluntarily. Wenomir might have a chance to avoid impaling the winged being, but the question is if he wants to, it could be another demon.
    "You should have waited." The being possessing KR insists grimly as the throne glows even more intensely, a low hum now coming from it. The crystals around it are lit up, one by one, and anyone looking at them might see that they are actually reflecting the woman upon the throne. Anyone with magical senses that are attuned to planar shifts will definitely notice that whatever the throne is doing, it is seriously messing with the very fabric of the nexus. Twisting and manipulating it towards someone's ends.

"That was awe inspiring. I need one of those thrones." The holographic demon muses, as if the group wasn't even there.
    Steve says in an angry tone "My head is messed up plenty already! Why do you feel the need to mess with it more? Wenomir, tell me which ones I should cut up!" Steve starts charging in to assist Wenomir.

28. - Top - End - #1408

NinjaGuy

[Front Gate]

A humanoid figure in oddly shaped armor approaches the front gate of the volcano base. His armor is sleek and tight, form-fitting, almost cloth-like in places, while solid metal in others, black, trimmed with red and white. His helmet is oddly shaped, twin crests forming a v-shaped fin that extends from the centered ruby on the brow-piece back past the eye-reliefs, following the contour of the helmet before extending in fins beyond the back of the head. His irises glow dully red, interrupted at points by his pupils and sets of parallel bars set at 60 degree intervals. His face wears a mildly curious expression as he looks about. The only sign of weapons on him are holsters of sorts on both thighs that hold the unadorned white hilts of some sort of weapons. Perhaps he's a foolhardy tourist, if his demeanor is any indication. He saunters lazily up to the main gate and stands looking around for a few moments, as though drinking in the scenery, seemingly oblivious to the danger in approaching the main base of an organization like AMEN unannounced.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-04-12 at 10:34 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Parleying with demons

Simone's shade folds her hands and bows again. "Farewell, King Sargon. I hope we may meet again." Then she tries to slip into the shadows and make it out of the camp without being assaulted. Her shadow form should keep her safe from demon attacks, but she would much rather not test it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Temple Assault- Inside]

The ranger says to Felandria,"Use your super strong growing power thing. We need to get out of here fast." He pulls out a silver arrow and aims at the demon making all the noise in the back. Hopefully his arrow will kill it in one shot.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother