New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Forthcoming Adventures

So, it looks like Wizards are producing a lot more adventures this year and last than previously, which suggests to me that they may be refocusing their efforts away from Rulebooks and onto Adventures (probably as a prelude and wind up to the dreaded fourth edition). I was rather looking forward to this, as I am getting pretty bored of the proliferation of Rulebooks. However, when I took the time to read through the previews for Scourge of the Howling Horde and Barrow of the Forgotten King I was left with a rather lacklustre impression; I just didn't feel the writing was up to much, nor, indeed, the concepts that engaging.
    Now, I'm not a big purchaser of 3.x in general, so I was wondering whether people had any opinions on how these compared to the other adventures produced by Wizards and available for sale. I mean, I am rather looking forward to titles such as Anauroch: The Sundering of the World, Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk, Expedition to Undermountain and Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, but I am starting to wonder whether I might be better served by spending my cash on third party adventures. Any opinions?
    Last edited by Matthew; 2007-02-17 at 07:49 PM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)