New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Goblin Songs

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Goblin Songs

Alright, I've recently run the We Be Goblins! module and despite a disappointing finale (the party died against Vorka and Cuddles after there was a chance for great hilarity in blowing themselves up with gunpowder trying to get into the ship) they had a lot of fun and there was talk about future goblin adventures. So I found myself reading up about goblins in Pathfinder and...the'yre freakin' hilarious! I especially love the fact that they have such a musical/rhyming tradition going on but...uh...I'm not so good at either of those things.

Anyone got any good goblin rhymes or songs?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Goblin Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Alright, I've recently run the We Be Goblins! module and despite a disappointing finale (the party died against Vorka and Cuddles after there was a chance for great hilarity in blowing themselves up with gunpowder trying to get into the ship) they had a lot of fun and there was talk about future goblin adventures. So I found myself reading up about goblins in Pathfinder and...the'yre freakin' hilarious! I especially love the fact that they have such a musical/rhyming tradition going on but...uh...I'm not so good at either of those things.

Anyone got any good goblin rhymes or songs?
    Read "The Hobbit"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Everyone loves taking slaves and singing Down, Down to Goblin Town(You Go My Lad)!

And who can forget that classic marching song, Where There's a Whip, there's a Way!

And this album just wouldn't be complete without Win the Battle, Lose the War, perfect for disheartening Gondormen when they march on the Towers of the Teeth.

/Whose Line Routine
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudd View Post
    Read "The Hobbit"
    Never, can't stand Tolkein's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves taking slaves and singing Down, Down to Goblin Town(You Go My Lad)!

And who can forget that classic marching song, Where There's a Whip, there's a Way!

And this album just wouldn't be complete without Win the Battle, Lose the War, perfect for disheartening Gondormen when they march on the Towers of the Teeth.

/Whose Line Routine
    While...'fun'? Those are a bit too...smart for Pathfinder goblins.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post

/Whose Line Routine
    Why did you leave out everyone's favorite campfire dwarf-roasting song? Funny Little Things
    Last edited by Thrudd; 2014-06-08 at 01:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    While...'fun'? Those are a bit too...smart for Pathfinder goblins.
    Goblins have an Intelligence of 10.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    Goblins have an Intelligence of 10.
    And their behaviour as described in fluff and battle-tactics doesn't match that Int score at all...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I would suggest taking any gruesome or macabre phrase and turn it in a gleeful, sing-song jingle for the goblins to chant. An example might be "Burns the flesh, turns the wheel; peels their skin to makes them squeal!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Why would elves be better at detecting things? We all know that cats use their whiskers as part of their senses. Now compare elves and dwarves. Elves cannot grow facial hair. Dwarves have luxurious beards. Of course dwarves should be better at detecting stuff.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Goblin's Dance by Ensiferum, of course.
    Signatures are so 90's.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOUksDJCijw&t=26m41s

Short, but catchy.

Oh wait, songs sung by goblins, not for them. Nevermind.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

If you ever need any on a particular subject, feel free to contact me. I'm not too bad at poetry, and goblin songs are simple enough.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.