Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 124
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gr8artist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Homebrew
    Gender
    Male

    Default TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    You find yourself in Brine, a sad and decrepit little port town. Once a sizeable hub of activity and commerce, the port's fortune was forever changed with the construction of Gemturn Point a few miles up the coast. Despite being smaller and more poorly managed, Brine (pronounced the same way as "green") maintained a desperate grasp on seaside trade for several decades, until a chance fire burned down half their docks. All that remains is a weather-beaten husk of a city, hobbling along with its crippled economy. Many whores and sailors joke that without the black, Brine would have no market at all.
    It is perhaps this sordid and nefarious quality that draws people to Brine. Not the prim and proper aristocrats that grace the boardwalks of Gemturn Point and Skytower Keep, mind you, but the common and more interesting folk instead. Brine is a commoner's city through and through, filled with straight talk and crooked motives.
    There are many reasons to visit a place like Brine, and each traveler has his own. Some come for culture and history, others for opportunity. Some seek reformation, and some seek information. Thieves and merchants, kingpins and cavaliers, members of every faction and class are represented on the splintered docks of Brine.

    You have your own reasons to find yourself here. It could be the pursuit of illgotten gains, or the reclamation thereof. It could be that you're running from your past, or trying to find a future. Whatever your reason, you find yourself on the docks of Brine as a curious event is unfolding.
    A crowd of onlookers are gathering, all trying to watch a young man perform feats of magic and mysticism. The man is young, acrobatic, and a halfling by the look of his build. Fire leaps and dances from his fingertips, his tongue, and the balls of his feet. He entices the flames with the admiration of the crowd, shaping the flickering tongues into the appearance of beasts and birds. The young man is highly charismatic, and has much of the crowd thoroughly engrossed.

    Your schedule is open, and the day is darkly overcast. There is a taste of salt and smoke lingering in the air, the scent of Brine itself, fashioned so thoroughly within the fibers of the city that its citizens will forever bear the aroma of its caress.

    What do you do?
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Once upon a time, Trizbit would have been busy being enraptured by the dancing flames, but right now, she's "on duty". Big crowd of people with their attention held elsewhere? There's bound to be some pickpockets around- so she's on the lookout for them.

    Not that anybody would think that she's looking for trouble, looking at her. At the moment, as she often does when trying not to draw attention to herself, she's using the homemade techmaturgical gear rigged up in Rattleclank's helmet to take on the appearance of a young half-elf girl, perhaps... 15 or 16 years of age, wearing simple azure robes. Definitely not the first person you'd expect to kick anything off.
    Last edited by Phillammon; 2014-06-09 at 11:18 AM.
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    malonkey1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Playground. Duh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Danaan, is also on duty, but a very different kind of duty. On the opposite side of the crowd from our Gnomish friend, Trizbit, he watches the crowd for thieves, while his familiar, a Celestial Hawk by the name of Chim-Chim, glides gracefully over the crowd, ready to alert his master to any theft in progress.
    Last edited by malonkey1; 2014-06-09 at 10:30 AM.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

    Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika


    Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Over the sounds of the enraptured crowd can be clearly heard the barking of raucous laughter, though one would hardly need to rely on their sense of hearing to pick its owner out of the throng. Standing an entire body's length over the heads of practically any other person present, the colorful onlooker would have a hard time not drawing eyes and attentions even if his face wasn't currently split with mirth and his throat rumbling with the glee he found from the display of the halfling fire conjurer. A small berth was given to him by the rest of the crowd, even the most rowdiest of them preferring to stay clear if they could help it. This was not a fact lost upon the troll, his guffawing interrupted now and again with his shouts and whistles towards those who met eyes with him (and who also hurriedly tried to act like they hadn't), trying to cajole them to move a little closer and enjoy the show more comfortably. Even if it wasn't for the fact that he was twice their height, twice their girth and acting like a unruly child, the chilling mask that he wore ensured that they kept a healthy distance. The colors emblazoned on its chipped and shaped surface seemed to be alive, dancing and pulsating with eldritch power like dying snakes across its bleached surface. But Low Coo is not the kind of man to get offended by the cold shoulder, nor is he one to give up from simple rebukes, so the crowd tended to shift and change as those who wanted more distance from him went to find it.

    It's a common misconception that trolls are afraid of fire, leaving those who consider themselves "learned" more than a little puzzled about why a troll, even a "city troll" would be part of this spectacle. This kind of ignorance was the death of more than a few green adventurers, explorers and would-be "heroes", who thought that their torches or pyro-magic made them masters of their situation when faced with a hungry wild troll. As Low Coo would be more than happy to educate any who ask, are they uniquely afraid of the sword, axe or arrow? Just because something was capable of killing a creature that would otherwise prove difficult to take down does not mean you found some crippling weakness that would win you the day. Low Coo himself had taken precaution against that most common weapon against his race regardless and it would take a potent spellcaster to even make him flinch.

    Though he had a portion of the dock to himself and was enjoying the performance, Low Coo was hardly completely lost in the display. His eyes may only be paying half attention to his surroundings and his ears may not be the most well trained, but his sense of smell was unparalleled. If there were any bold cutpurses working this crowd (and they would have to be especially brazen to think of picking the odd troll as a mark) they would be noticed and face to face with Low Coo's grinning countenance as soon as they got within ten feet of the towering witch doctor.

    [Low Coo is not actively using Perception on the crowd, but is paying attention to anyone or anything that gets in range of his Scent special quality.]
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2014-06-09 at 06:04 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    While this spectacle rages on, a man of a distinctly primitive build tries his best to not be pushed around too much. The light of the flames was disconcerting, and he could hear it talking to him. After already shoving someone that had tried to touch his arm, most were keeping at least a slight distance, especially given his pallor that were apart from his large muscles. As always, the light seemed to have answers he could never comprehend, and he wanted to respond with his own light, although anyone would realize how bad of an idea that would be.

    While the burning puffs arced around, Garm sighed and decided that these lights were nothing like the knowing shimmers that had slain his family so long ago. This shining certainly spoke to him, but with no meaningful message. Pushing through the crowd, he attempted to move the circle, but found his path blocked by a particularly large man wearing a skull for a mask. With a slight grin, he realized the area devoid of people near this humongous man would be an easy spot to rest. He sits down on the ground, rubbing his eyes in hopes of driving away those foul messages of the shimmer, entirely fine with the fact that the shadow cast over him was twice as tall as any normal person.
    Last edited by caledscratcher; 2014-06-09 at 08:07 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gr8artist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Homebrew
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    The fire-dancer continues his performace for quite some time, to the enjoyment of the crowd and the accumulation of coin. But something seems to startle him. Surprisingly, it was not the towering behemoth or primitive human. Nor was it the beautiful elven girl or the shimmering bird above.
    In the midst of an acrobatic leap, the dancer misplaced a foot, landing sourly amidst a puff of extinguished smoke. His eyes were wide, and for a moment, his flames flickered with a pale green hue. He coughed, glanced around, and apologized with a charming smile. He stood and straightened himself, and with a flick of his wrists conjured a dazzling array of burning creatures. Squirrels and cats, mostly, with a larger fox and a pair of falcons. He scattered them with his will, guiding them through the crowds as a puppeteer with his strings. The people in the audience jumped with joy and excitement, leaping out of the way in fear of the golden, dancing beasts.
    There was something different in the magic now. A darkening of the hue and tone, and a bit of whispy smoke where there had been none before. The mood of the artist was different now, as well. He seemed less jovial, and more serious, almost worried.
    The object of his unease began making its way through the crowd, unnoticed by the masses, but not so stealthily as to escape the gaze of the more alert members of the audience. A woman, tall and fierce, with dark hair and a cloak of shimmering velvet, is daintily dodging between the onlookers. She has a knack about her, a subtlety that keeps her from drawing the attention of the commoners and simpletons, though such talents are futile against the adventurous and wary. She edges past Trizbit, careful to avoid contact with anyone, even among the dense and swirling crowd, and breaks free upon the street. A squirrel dances about her feet for a moment, out of sight of most the crowd, before she crushes it beneath her heel in a puff of smoke and embers. Her boot is thick, and embroidered with a strange and haunting pattern.

    You see these events unfold, though you have no context or insight of the matter. What do you do?
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    malonkey1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Playground. Duh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    I reach out to Chim-Chim with my mind, noting to him my unease at this woman's appearance. I slink closer, weaving through the crowd to get a closer look while avoiding notice (Stealth Roll [roll]1d20+14[/roll]).

    EDIT: I should not that I intend to study her with my studied combat, readying an action to do so to be carried out if she attacks or casts a spell.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by malonkey1; 2014-06-10 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Edited the post, post lost the roll, had to replace it. Original result was 16
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

    Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika


    Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    There are some merits to being half the size of everyone else in the crowd, and one of them is that if you're willing to step on a few toes, you can cut through almost anywhere. After a brief pause to try and figure out what the street performer is doing differently now (Spellcraft: (1d20+8)[19] to identify spell), Trizbit likewise starts making her way towards the tall woman, but Trizbit is less worried about staying unnoticed and more focused on getting a clear line of fire for her Repulsors, in case something kicks off.

    More specifically, she maneuvers herself to try and get within thirty feet of the newcomer, while remaining within the same radius of the street performer. If she can't do both at once, she prioritizes the former.
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Garm stands from his seat, darts through the crowd with moderate agility, and looks the woman over. Her skin and cloak make him uneasy, as if a wordless around echoed from her person into his dread mind. The fact that her cloak is bulky makes him especially suspicious, and the strange patterns on her boot confuse him. He thinks back to all the tomes he'd mostly forgotten while trying to find the light, as if the intricacies of her boot might have air greater meaning. Knowledge (arcana)(1d20+5)[18]
    Last edited by caledscratcher; 2014-06-10 at 03:15 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gr8artist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Homebrew
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    As the woman draws further and further away, the magician seems to calm himself, and his magic again takes on the peaceful yellow glow. He immerses himself in the crowd, possibly for safety, and continues to entertain them for quite some time.
    The woman appears to have no business with him, and begins striding away. She takes a half dozen steps, before turning to glance over the audience again. As she does so, she make eye contact with Trizbit, Garm, and Danaan. A thin smile graces her lips, as she makes a subtle beckoning motion with her finger, before ducking around the corner of a warehouse.
    The audience seems oblivious, thoroughly captivated by the performance, and the magician is regaining his nerves. There appears to be no harmful effects in his spell, and no immediate danger to anyone in that group.
    A strange chill is blowing in off the sea, carrying with it a sense of foreboding and the stench of rot and decay. The wind is cold and biting, and cuts through your clothes to rake against your flesh.
    Alert and wary, several of you notice the woman's attentions turned toward the others, and you become aware of each other, though you know nothing of nature or intent.

    The woman seems to desire your presence, though you have no context as to why. She is out of sight, possibly within the warehouse or just around its corner, and you would likely have no way to find her again at another time.
    What do you do?
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    malonkey1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Playground. Duh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    I whistle for my hawk to land on my shoulder and cautiously follow her, mostly out of curiosity, keeping an eye out (Perception) for any previously unnoticed people following. I make little effort to hide myself, instead trying to get a read on the mysterious lady's intents (Sense Motive). A sense of ill ease sits in the pit of my stomach, but it doesn't hold a candle to my sense of adventure.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

    Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika


    Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Well then. Looks like our interloper has upgraded herself from suspicious, to person of interest. Trizbit makes no effort to disguise the fact that she's following her, paying little attention to either the tall man, or the winged one, proceeding to the corner the woman just disappeared behind.
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    With a grin, Garm realizes that there's a possibility this woman can help him in his plight of madness. Of course, there's a greater possibility that she wants something, but that would logically come with a reward. He begins a jog down the street, turning down the street where she just turned, gazing down the path in hopes of finding this woman once again.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gr8artist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Homebrew
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    As you round the corner, you find yourself standing near the entrance to a large wooden storehouse, filled with battered crates and boxes waiting to be shipped. Before you, strangely out of place among the weather-beaten lumber, stands the woman. Her arms are crossed, and her billowing cloak is twisted around her in an odd fashion that seems to cover her thoroughly without restricting her movements. Her gloves and boots can be seen, bearing the same, strange patterns, and there is a faint sheen on her skin, likely reflected light from a nearby oil lamp. Her eyes are dark and brooding, though somewhat enticing. She looks predomanintly human, though there exists about her the same otherworldly quality possessed by aasimar, tiefling, and fey. Her coloration and garb remind you of the nomadic tribes often found among the great deserts.
    The three of you nearly collide with one another near the door, each as uncertain as the next. But, out of mutual curiosity, you step inside. There appears to be no trap or ambush, no nefarious purpose that would warrant extraordinary security. There is only the woman, and the three of you, and the sound of her voice as she speaks.
    "Perhaps I have been a bit too careless, attracting the attention of riff-raff like you. I shall have to guard my actions more closely in the future... No matter, it may be that some good may come of this yet. My name is Yesiren Furie, and I am in need of some assistance. The work might be dangerous, though I assure you it is for naught but the most noble of causes."

    She pauses for a moment to allow you response.
    What do you do?
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    malonkey1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Playground. Duh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    What she says gives me momentary pause.

    "I'll go along for now, but I should say most 'noble causes,' in my experience, are anything but."

    I step toward Ms. Furie, calmly and deliberately. I murmur to the hawk on my shoulder, "Keep an eye out, Chim-Chim."
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

    Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika


    Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    "Mama will get mad if I don't... I don't..."

    Trizbit squirms a bit under Yesiren's unflinching- and distinctly unimpressed- gaze.

    "...screw it."

    With a click and a deep hum, Rattleclank's illusion generators power down, leaving the shimmering black plate mail plain to see. Trizbit steps forward, joining Danaan

    "I'm in. Trizbit Skeem, at your service."
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    His underbite showing very clearly with the big grin on his face, Gram contemplates the offer. Noble causes are certainly ones he can approve of, although experience shows that when causes are explicitly noble, it's usually a ploy... in his contemplation, he looks over the woman offering him a job, realizing once again that divine abjuration plays a part in her gloves and boots. To need such protection would mean that she plans to fight, and wants her god by her side...

    At least, that's what he imagines. And, while Gram might be mad, he knows full well that his imagination is rampant. Thus, he looks her in the eyes and bellows a kindly question.

    "Who do you intend to fight, that your god must wrap around your limbs?"

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gr8artist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Homebrew
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    The woman smiles to herself as she watches the bird alight on a lookout perch. She then seems unsurprised when Trizbit's disguise fades. "I was wondering when you'd show yourself, little gnome." Her tone is nonchalant, almost mocking, though she does not sound angry or annoyed. She then turns to Garm with a hit of irritation. "Do not presume to know me, or speak to me of gods, simple man." She pulls her cloak about her wrists and boots, as if to hide the markings on them.
    "My request is not for war, but for rescue. Vile creatures have taken my love and kept him from me, in a dungeon not far from here. It has been over a year since I have last heard his voice, and I fear that he may have met the ultimate fate. Tell me, wanderers, would you seek out new of my true love's fate?"
    The air in the storehouse is cold and bitter, smelling like cinnnamon, scented herbs, and rotten eggs. The smell of burnt mold, the smell of Brine itself, was engulfed within these walls, and quenched beneath the pungent aroma of these crates and boxes. The oil lamp grew dim, flickering faintly for a moment, before springing back to life with a radiant red glow.

    Meanwhile, the newly renewed magician is beginning to grow tired. With a final graceful motion, he conjures a small clutch of glowing eggs, before each hatches into a flaming yellow and orange dragon. The spectral drakes take flight, each travelling far into the sky and leaving behind a trail of glowing embers, before exploding amidst the clouds with a pulse of light and a shower of sparks. The crowd is overjoyed, and a final barrage of coins rains down on the performer, who gathers his things and begins thanking the audience gladly. The crowd begins to disperse, and a faint, darker tone seeps into the flames the magician still conjures to bid farewell to children and young women.

    How do you proceed?
    Last edited by gr8artist; 2014-06-12 at 03:33 PM.
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    "How in Nine Hells did you... Okay, two questions," states the gnome, flatly. Tact has never been among her graces, unfortunately.

    "One, what kind of vile are we talkin', here? An' two, bit unrelated, what's the deal with Fireboy over there?" she continues, gesturing over towards the conjurer.
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    malonkey1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Playground. Duh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    "I agree with the guy in the awesome suit," I nod to Trizbit, before continuing. "Based on the color of his flames, you scared the bejeebus of him."

    I move to shake hands with Trizbit and Garm (I assume they're somewhat near each other.) "Danaan Gaaz, pleased to meet you both."

    I turn back to Yesiren. "But to the point, I think some details would be in order. Who are we supposed to rescue, where, and why should we trust you?"
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

    Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika


    Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    With a hint of a smirk at her agitation towards his question, Garm shakes Danaan's hand, introducing himself. "I'm Garm, and Garm's me. Pleasu'e to be workin' with youse." He then turns back to this woman and looks her in the eyes, a faint light showing from his own. "Well, I know the trouble of losin' those you love. I'm fulleh willin' to fight for this cause, but I gotsta ask... why was your love taken from you?"

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gr8artist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Homebrew
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    "So many questions... I should have expected as much," she eyes each of you with a hint of disdain, bordering on annoyance.
    "The creatures that have taken my love from me are a pair of sadistic monsters, so wrapped up in their own desires that they are willing to capture, torture, and possibly even kill my beloved Veglane. He has been their prisoner for more than a year, and my only solace is knowing that they would have drawn out his suffering for as long as possible. He may yet live, and I am powerless to aid him."
    As she speaks, the air around the storeroom seems to get warmer, as if a noonday breeze was blowing in. The lamp, however, flickers and grows dim, cowering like a child faced with a barking wolf. For a moment, there is a feeling of unease, almost anxiety, that passes over everyone, before fading away into the woodwork of this miserable little town.
    "The pyromancer had agreed to aid me. He, and a few compatriots of his. However, upon reaching the dungeon where Veglane is being held, he lost his nerve and returned to town. He cowers from me, because he sees in me the suffering to which he has condemned my beloved. Without his aid, his compatriots had fallen to ruin, and have not been seen since beginning the endeavor."
    "Regarding the task at hand: The dungeon is not far from here. The jackals that have taken Veglane are hidden in the bowels of an old temple. Half a day's journey by horse should see you to its entrance."
    "As to your trust in me...
    " She pauses, and a look of aloofness rests upon her smiling lips, "I can give you no reason better than my broken heart, and the blood that even now might be dripping from the flesh of my beloved. Tell me, are you so cruel a creature as to abandon two innocent lovers to the wickedness of such monsters?"
    Yesiren awaits your reply. Her mannerisms seem odd, but none of you can find any reason to doubt the truth of her statements.
    What do you do?
    Last edited by gr8artist; 2014-06-13 at 02:49 AM.
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Trizbit is thankful for the adamantine visor obscuring her face- the grin she's burst into is quite inappropriate for the tale of woe being spun before them. But this... this is just perfect. Brine was rapidly starting to lose it's appeal, and, well... criminals to be punished, civilians to be rescued and a task so challenging that others have failed before?

    It's like a dream come true.

    "Don' know about you guys, but I've heard enough, I reck'n."

    With a deep, throbbing pulse, white lights on the palms of Trizbit's gauntlets burst into life. She turns them towards the ground, and the thrumming pulse picks up in pace (though not pitch) as Trizbit rises slowly off the ground, pulling into a hover. The air is distorted slightly beneath her hands, as if they are giving off some great heat.

    "Gimme a direction an' a landmark, an' I'll have your man back by this time next week."
    Last edited by Phillammon; 2014-06-13 at 07:13 AM.
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    malonkey1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Playground. Duh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    I turn to look at Trizbit and Garm for a moment, and think. I then whistle to Chim-Chim, calling him to my shoulder.

    "I'll help, for now, but only because I think it's right. Not because I trust you, Ms. Furie." I glare for a moment at her. "Shall we be off, gentlemen?"

    I use the term lightly.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

    Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika


    Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    "I'll do this 'cuz I can relate wholeheartedly. And yeah, leaving for adventure'll be a great time fer me." Garm walks to the door and grins to his newfound teammates, stepping out into the light of day.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gr8artist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Homebrew
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Yesiren smiles as you all agree to aid her.
    "The temple isn't far, shrouded in the valley beyond Blackstone mountain east of here. You will know the temple by the sculpture at its peak, a dragon clad in steel plate. These mountains are barren, and should house no beast that might oppose you. However, I know nothing of what may await you within the temple's walls."
    She pauses for a moment, eying each of you with incredulity.
    "Perhaps you should find some muscle to take with you. I fear that the three of you alone would do naught but stoke the fire of depravity that burns within these creatures. Gather what you need, but do it quickly; I am anxious for word of my beloved... Even learning of his ultimate death would be a kinder fate than this uncertainty."
    "It may be that you find other captives held at the mercy of the monsters that stole Veglane from me. Release them from their suffering as you see fit, but above all things, I ask you to return with word of Veglane's fate. And if it lies within your power, strike down the monsters that doomed him to such torment, and me to my anguish."

    With that, she stops speaking, Watching as you each leave.

    What do you do now?
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Annoyance briefly flashes over Trizbit's (completely concealed) features at the suggestion that she might not be strong enough, but... loathe as she is to admit it, Yesiren here has a point. There's only so much that Rattleclank can compensate for, physically speaking, and... well, these two don't exactly look too sturdy, not to put a fine point on it.

    No point wasting any time, then. With little ceremony, the gnome pulls out of her hover, sweeping up in a wide arc back out towards the docks. Her eyes dart from person to person, sizing each one of them up as she flies round in a neat semicircle, finally coming to rest facing Garm, Danaan and Chim-Chim.

    "I've got... two possibles, I reck'n," Trizbit says to them, now hovering in place. "Any preferences?"
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Garm thinks back to the few hours preceding the event, and fondly recalls the tall man who gave him some shade. Looking at the armored individual, he speaks up. "Do ya gots any tall fellas with bony masks on that list?" He has no clue as to whether that man had any adventuring capability, he just feels that he was nice enough to let Garm sit by him, so repaying him with a job offer would be better than nothing.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cambridge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    Trizbit barely stifles a groan as she starts weighing up the situation.

    On one hand, it's a troll, and... well, she's never gotten along well with anyone above five feet in the past. Trolls doubly so.

    On the other hand, Knuckles here is requesting it specifically.

    "Yep, five o'clock," Trizbit calls back, after a moment's hesitation. She turns slightly in the air to point towards the masked troll.
    Now with terrible homebrew!

    Spoiler: Trophy Cabinet
    Show

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV: Taste My Steel
    First Place, Judges Choice, Most Likely To See Play

    Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXV: Tactical Genius
    First Place, Most Likely To See Play

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    malonkey1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Playground. Duh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request

    "Really? I have about 7:30," Danaan quipped. Danaan then turned to actually look and was very impressed at the figure before him.

    "Whoa, nelly," He said. "Alright, let me talk to him."

    Danaan walks up to our beastly friend, and holds out his hand, saying "Excuse me, sir. Can we have a moment of your time?"
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

    Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika


    Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •