New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Does Mythnal from Silverymoon bars Good align drow from entering

Aside from gate guards people seem to say that the wards protect anyone regardless of their alignment is barred from entering, while others claim the opposite. Which side is true?
    Last edited by Suzaku; 2007-02-22 at 02:37 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Does Mythnal from Silverymoon bars Good align drow from entering

If all drow are banned from Silverymoon, that means all drow. I seem to recall that Alustriel had to personally invite Drizzt to vist her.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Actually, from game mechanics I've seen, only evil drow are barred from entry. I believe the ward was stated in Lost Empires of Faerun as an example Mythal (also stated in Silver Marches, but that's 3.0). The spell effect barring them blocks creatures of any of the three evil alignments, and is keyed to only apply to certain races (including drow). Thus, a non-evil drow would not be affected.

Now, this does not mean city policy allows drow inside without special exceptions, but it does mean the wards only block evil drow. Mind, it's your game and you can jump either way on the issue, this is just what the LEoF books has to say on the matter.
    Quote:
    One of the hardest parts of DMing is to give players a reason to railroad themselves.
    (Originally Posted by Rockphed)

Quote:
    You're making a reasonable and rational argument here, instead of pandering to the extremists on either side. Stop it. I'm pretty sure that's a banning offense on the internet.
    (Originally Posted by Swordguy)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Actually, yeah, Renee is correct; to quote:

Antipathy (against lawful evil, neutral evil, and chaotic evil creatures, keyed to demonds, devils, drow, duergar, giants, goblinoids, mind flayers, orcs, and trolls)
    So the wards block evil-aligned creatures of those races only, and non-evil creatures of those races can pass.