A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

MonkGuy

Default Divine Forge(OOC)

OOC thread up so we can talk. First off post the character(s) here....

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Divine Forge(OOC)

Halberd

How do you want to do stats and hp? Also, is this a solo campaign? Because if it isn't, I know at least one guy who is interested.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

MonkGuy

Roll for abilities(4d6, drop lowest one) or use the standard 32 point buy. Max hp at 1st level, roll other levels.

Deathbane needs a better name....planebane? sword of the planes? 'versebane? Gatebane?

You mentioned another player before, and a duo game works for me, so bring them over unless you want a solo game, it's up to you.

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler: Stat rolls
    Show
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[12]

Spoiler: Hp rolls
    Show
    (2d12)[8]
    (1d10)[3]

I've been thinking for a better name for the sword. Skysplitter? Planewalker? Strider? Maybe Acheron, after the eternal battlefield?

EDIT: *looks at hp rolls* ...Ouch. Can I take average, please? And rolling exactly a 32 point buy build... that's just funny.
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2014-06-17 at 11:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Present. I can post more in a few hours when I get off work.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

MonkGuy

Sure, take average.

Archeron's Razor? Archeron's Tooth? Planecutter? Planestriker? Planesplitter? Realities Edge?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I'm going to get to work now.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[11]

Edit: I'll be damned. That is the first time in my life I've rolled well on stats.

EDIT 2: What sources are allowed? I'm currently considering the possibilities of an artificer (never played one, would give us healing), a meldshaper (love incarnum), or a factotum (does a bit of everything).

EDIT 3: Acheron's Fury? Also, why is Halberd using a Fullblade? What happened to his Halberd?
    Last edited by Keledrath; 2014-06-17 at 01:05 PM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #8

Warforged are often named after military terms, like "Bastion" or "Watcher". I thought Halberd would be a good fit, since a halberd is a versatile and deadly weapon (at least IRL).

Also, artificer would be god-tier for the kind of campaign that we will be running. I want all of the healing, not only half of it, thank you!

Wait a minute... there was a name I had in one of my Deathwatch games for a chainsword... What about Endbringer?

EDIT: Also, how will be handling starting wealth?
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2014-06-17 at 02:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I figured. I was making a joke. My character will probably make it every now and then.

If I did go for an artificer, I feel I would probably be inclined to go Hordificer/Blastificer build, since we have a primary melee. If I'm allowed, I might grab Leadership at 6 and simulate it as creating my own apprentice, functioning as a Buffificer. My followers would be Homunculi of various HD and function.

EDIT: Also, I am also curious about wealth. If I am an artificer, it's kind of core to me.
    Last edited by Keledrath; 2014-06-17 at 03:04 PM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #10

First off, Leadership isn't until 7, right? Second... but I wanted to be the Leadership guy! Ah well, since it is a duo game, both of us having cohorts wouldn't put too much strain on the experience.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

6 in 3.5, 7 in PF

I mostly want it to experiment with different artificer builds. And it fits with the Hordificer idea. Also, I'm planning on making a Portable Hole city. Yes, you can put portable holes in portable holes.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

MonkGuy

Artificer is fine with me, but not Inarnimum(I don't even have that book).

Well, standard WBL sound just fine....

Endbringer sounds like a good name....

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The other point that is relevant
    Can I spend my crafting reserve (basically crafting exclusive XP) from previous levels?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #14

So, Endbringer is a magic weapon. For now, is it just a +1 Fullblade? Is that taken out of my starting wealth?

EDIT: Endbringer is also an intelligent item. Doesn't it need an Ego score, INT score, purpose, and all that other jazz that the DMG talks about?
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2014-06-17 at 06:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it'll need all of that stuff.

Also, there's a warforged variant that I like. It was designed as a PF conversion, but the main thing it does is add +2 Int (WF racial modifiers are pretty bad). It also had an option to take -1 to AC to remove the Cha penalty. I would prefer to use that since both of those stats are important to the Artificer. And it would give Halberd an extra skill point/level.

Also, Pre, anything you buy that is a wondrous item, I can have made it for you at a discount. To be exact, 50% off.

Also, flaws?

Also, also.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

MonkGuy

Two flaws.

You can use your craft reserve.

What variant? You have a link? Book and page number?

Endbringer as a 'plot' item, does not count.

Spoiler: Endbringer
    Show

Alignment: Lawful good
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 20 (+5)
    Charisma: 11
    Languages: Common, Chant
    Senses (30ft.): Sight/sound, Darkvision
    Communication:Speech, Telepathy
    Item Power: has 10 ranks in Knowledge (Planes), 10 ranks in Knowledge (Religion) and 10 ranks in Knowledge(Arcana)
    Dedicated Power: Item can detect any Outsider or Elementals within 60 feet; Plane Shift (5th-level) at will
    Ego1: +7 (does not include additional increase for base item value)
    Add to Base Cost of magic weapon: +13,700gp

17. - Top - End - #17

If we want flaws, do we have to use the ones from Unearthed Arcana? If those are the only ones allowed, I think I will pass on that.

Also, what is Chant? And Plane Shift at will... *whistles*

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Like I said, it was originally a PF conversion, found here. They get rid of the living construct type from them, but really I'm interested in the extra +2 Int and the Prototype alt racial feature (removes -2 Cha, gives -1 AC).

As far as flaws, I'm more interested in these, which are mostly from Dragon mag. They generally have better flavor and still provide significant penalties (Quarter-elf is almost universally agreed to be one of the worst flaws ever).

EDIT: Also, scratch what I said about wondrous items being half off. My craft reserve just can't support that yet.

EDIT 2: How much would you hate me if I started crafting continuous items using these spells? Specifically, with these, I can get +4 stat items (Not Wis or Cha) for 750gp and 250xp. And scrolls of haste for as little as 18.75gp and 1xp (admittedly, this is haste for 1 round, higher CL is more expensive)
    Last edited by Keledrath; 2014-06-18 at 01:35 PM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

MonkGuy

That flaw list is fine. Just remember to pick flaws that hinder your character.
    Quarter elf looks pointless, why would any idiot think it is so bad?

Chant is the way the speak on the planes, not a ''language'', more like slang.

The spell list is fine.

That warforged stuff is some of the worst homebrew ever.... Half construct? Are they cyborgs then?

I do like the idea of PF racial traits for warforged....hummm

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quarter elf basically makes you a human without the bonus skill points. Since you lose all of your half-elf traits for a bonus feat (what a flaw gives you).

There's also the bard one that sacrifices all of the inspires.

Yeah, I really just wanted the Int bonus and the ability to not take the Cha penalty. Everything besides the "Half-Construct" is pretty cool imo.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #21

So, it says that Adamantine Body is considered heavy armor. Does that mean I can take Heavy Armor Optimization to raise my AC and lower my ACP?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    So, it says that Adamantine Body is considered heavy armor. Does that mean I can take Heavy Armor Optimization to raise my AC and lower my ACP?
    Yes it does.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

MonkGuy

''Pathfinder'' Warforged:

Spoiler: Warforged
    Show

+2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, –2 Dexterity, –4 Charisma: Warforged were build as intelligent – and obedient – tools of war, but their strong frame is somewhat bulky and they suffer from a lack of personality.

Type: Warforged are humanoids with the [living construct] and [sentient construct] subtype. Therefore, they can be affected by spells and effects that target both humanoids and constructs(see below).

Medium: Warforged are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Slow and Steady: Warforged have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never reduced by armor or encumbrance.

Light Fortification (Ex): When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on a warforged, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally.

Darkvision: Warforged can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Composite Body:Warforged bodies – unlike normal humanoid bodies – are made from metal, wood, crystals and stone. Therefore, warforged are immune to the conditions of bleeding, disease, nausea, poison, and sickened and have immunity to necromantic or death effects that require or target a living body (e.g. energy drain), but are still subject to effects that target a living creature's spirit or soul.

Composite Plating: The plating used to build a warforged provides a +2 armor bonus. This plating is not natural armor and does not stack with other effects that give an armor bonus (other than natural armor). This composite plating occupies the same space on the body as a suit of armor or a robe, and thus a warforged cannot wear armor or magic robes. Warforged can be enchanted just as armor can be. The character must be present for the entire time it takes to enchant him. Composite plating also provides a warforged with a 5% arcane spell failure chance, similar to the penalty for wearing light armor. Any class ability that allows a warforged to ignore the arcane spell failure chance for light armor lets him ignore this penalty as well.

High Maintenance: Warforged cannot heal lethal damage, neither naturally nor by divine magic (negative conditions still can) and do not benefit from the Heal skill. Warforged are susceptible to positive and negative energy. As a result, they can be the subject of cure spells, inflcit spells, and similar magic. Any source of magical healing, however, has only 1/2 effectiveness on the Warforged (heals half as many hit points) when used on a warforged. However, warforged can be healed by arcane magic (see the repair damage spells) and repaired by certain Craft skills (as described in the ECS). A warforged character gains full use of abilities such as the monk Wholeness of Body feature or the paladin's Lay on Hands feature whenever using that power on itself.

Due to their construction, warforged can be affected by spells like any other living creatures but are also subject to certain spells in addition. Warforged take damage from heat metal and chill metal as though wearing metal armor, even if they have the ironwood plating or the unarmored plating. Both repel metal or stone and repel wood affect them. Warforged take damage from rusting effects as ferrous creature, such as rusting grasp or the attack of

Natural Weapons:Warforged have a single slam attack: Medium (1d4) or Small (1d3). This follows the normal rules for natural attacks.

New to the Game: Warforged suffer a –2 racial penalty to Sense Motive skill checks.

Self-Sustained: Warforged do not eat, drink or breathe. Therefore, they are immune to the effects of starvation, suffocation and thirst. On the other hand, warforged have no sense of smell or taste, and they cannot benefit from the effects of consumable spells or magic items, such as heroes' feast. A warforged can still use oils and potions as long as they don’t heal hit points by divine magic or mimic consumable spells.

Sink like a Rock: Warforged suffer a –4 penalty on Swim skill checks. Warforged do not have significant air pockets in their artificial bodies, and they lack buoyancy as a result. Since Warforged do not breathe, they will not drown and could just walk on the ground. However, warforged can still be crushed by deep sea pressure.

Stability: Warforged receive a +2 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush, overrun or trip attempt while standing on the ground.

Tireless Soldier: Warforged do not sleep and are immune to the conditions of fatigue, exhaustion and to magical sleep and dream effects. They automatically succeed on any Constitution check to continue running or a forced march. In order to replenish their daily spells and abilities, a warforged still has to rest for 8 hours (this includes easy, unstressed walking with no more than a light load). However, a warforged barbarian is still fatigued after ending a rage and cannot enter a new rage until this condition is lifted as usual.

Undying: A warforged responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A warforged with 0 hit points is disabled, just like any living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. However, when his hit point total is negative, but not equal to or greater than his Constitution score, a warforged is inert (instead of dying). He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert warforged does not lose additional hit points (unless more damage is dealt to him). A warforged, whose negative hit point total drops to or below his Constitution score, dies like any living creature. Finally, warforged do not age and are immune to aging effects or spells.

Unnatural: Warforged suffer a –4 racial penalty on Handle Animal skill checks and Wild Empathy checks.

Starting Languages: Warforged begin play speaking Common.

Alternate Racial Traits
    •Integrated Weapon: One of the warforged's hands is replaced by a weapon, which cannot be disarmed or sundered. He is automatically proficient with this weapon; if he was already proficient then he gains Weapon Focus as a bonus feat for weapons of this type, but only gains its benefits while wielding that specific weapon. If the integrated weapon is a two-handed weapon, he must still use his second hand to help wield it. If it is a throwing weapon then he may detach and reattach the limb freely, and it can be sundered while separate. If it is a double weapon then both of the warforged's hands are replaced. Unlike his plating, the warforged must purchase this weapon normally at 1st level. This ability replaces Natural Weapons.

Last edited by jedipotter; 2014-06-19 at 06:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, why did the Cha penalty get increased? I'd rather use the regular WF. I need to make UMD checks constantly.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #25

Could you give us some info on the setting we will be playing in so that I can start writing an integrated backstory?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Hello. Is there room for one more player?
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

MonkGuy

I'm not the right DM for you. I'm out. Have a nice game.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

That's not fair to Prehys. I drop before you do.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #29

Well, I've emailed jedipotter twice, and they just can't be bothered to respond.

Sir Grave, I hate to do this to you, but... can you please salvage this?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    That's not fair to Prehys. I drop before you do.

What is not fair?