New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC (Ongoing Campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by czieg View Post
    I understand your hesitance but I do much better at longer range.
    Oren hefty his rifle to his shoulder, pouring in some powder from the horn on his belt and stuffing in a lead ball.
    This thing isn't that good in hand to hand.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Loading Musket
    Diplomacy- [roll0]
    Have mercy on me in this next fight o' great gods of dice...
    "Then you'll seek cover behind one of our barricades for a first volley, gunman."
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    "Then you'll seek cover behind one of our barricades for a first volley, gunman."
    Oren raises an eyebrow at this.
    Are you actually trying to get us get killed? *sigh*
    Oren takes cover behind a barricade, ready to fire at the first zombie that comes in range.
    Show
    If something happens to change my desicion, I'll edit this, otherwise- Readying an action to shoot the first enemy to come in 120 ft (2 range increments)
    Attack roll- [roll]1d20+8-2[/roll]
    Damage- (1d12+3)[8] myth-weavers crashed on me and I don't remember if my dex modifier is +3 or +4. If it is +4, add one more to my damage.
    Thanks to my various bonuses, reload is a swift action for me, so I reload at the end of my turn.
    Last edited by czieg; 2014-07-07 at 07:50 PM.
    There is a time for metaphysical experimentation, and there is a time for doomlasers and face-punching. Do you know what time it is? -Pax Empyrean, Spacebattles

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Briar looks around at his allies and puts his quarterstaff away. He starts to prepare a spell

Spoiler: actions
    Show

i'm readying an action to cast a spell on the 2nd enemy that comes within 100ft of me

a briar web aimed towards that enemy, preferably catching as many enemies as possible, if they're close enough to each other
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Spiker also positions herself behind the barricade, and readies her tail to snap forward as soon as enemies come in range.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Readying to chuck spikes at the first enemy within 30ft.
    Attack 1: (1d20+6)[15]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    Crit Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[10]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Crit Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Attack 3: (1d20+6)[18]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]
    Crit Damage: (1d6+3)[8]
    And you should probably post the combat map. I just looked at it, and it matters.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: To all
    Show
    You all have mayebe three rounds before combat actually begins, positioning yourself and readying actions is allowed.

The sound of ghastly groaning grows louder, you cannot yet see them through the trees and the rain. Sorra's Knights ready their heavy crossbows in anticipation. "On my order..."

Halberd, the closest of the Watch, sees faint shadows moving from behind the treeline: shambling figures... And there are many... At least fifteen can be seen at the moment... They draw near...

"FIRE!"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Yus/edit#gid=0

Spoiler: To All
    Show
    Consider this a surprise round, gents.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-08 at 08:21 AM.

Extended Sig.

Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Order of initiative
    Show

Malvin
    Halberd
    Oren
    Briar
    Lady Sorra
    Cynric
    Zombies
    Kalim
    Spiker
    Knights

Extended Sig.

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I don't suppose your rooftop decoration is a live examplar?" Malvin asked Cynric as they were first made aware of the
    threat approaching. "Ah well. I suppose we can't rely on divine intervention for everything." Already in motion, he began his stride to catch up with the warriors, the Lady and mr. Halberd, who'd made for the front ranks. Along the way, he uttered the chant and made the gestures that would provide the framework for his spell. It came into being as a glowing ball of red light, which he waved ahead of him towards Lady Sorra in a casual manner. It settled as a mantle across her shoulders, and she began to grow untill she'd reached an impressive twelve feet in height. Malvin caught up to her, and began tracing his hand in the air in a intricate patttern. As the spell neared completion, the pattern started to come into being, making out an etheral glowing sigil that hovered before him. A swift tap of Sorra's shoulder indicated the target, and the sigil drifted along to settle in chest height on her left side.
    Malvin moved on to Halberd. He made the gestures, chanted, touched the plates of the warforged's shoulder, and for a brief second, nothing seemed to happen. Then red cords grew forth on the areas that served as muscle groups for the construct, glowing with a pulse of light.

Finally, as the approaching horde grew a bit too close for comfort, Malvin took a step back, and called up a semi-solid protective shell, reinforcing his coat over certain vital areas.
    "Here they come."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prep round 1: Follow the front liners as a move action. Cast Enlarge Person on Sorra as a standard action. Free action speech.
    Prep round 2: Get adjecent to Sorra as a move action. Cast Protection from Evil on her as a standard action.
    Prep round 3: Move to P10 behind Halberd as a move action. Cast Bull's strength on him as a standard.
    Round 0 (surprise): 5' step back to P11 as a free action. Cast Mage Armor as a standard. Free action speech.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

Halberd looks over his shoulder and nods, the movement awkward from that angle. "Thanks."

Time to buy those archers some breathing room. Let's do this, Endbringer

Glaring at the zombie forward and to the right of him, Halberd thunders forward, Endbringer poised.

"I. Am. WARFORGED!" The blade swings in a deadly arc.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Charging to P5, +2 Attack, -2 AC (19 AC)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[19]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[13]
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2014-07-08 at 12:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Halberd looks over his shoulder and nods, the movement awkward from that angle. "Thanks."

Time to buy those archers some breathing room. Let's do this, Endbringer

Glaring at the zombie forward and to the right of him, Halberd thunders forward, Endbringer poised.

"I. Am. WARFORGED!" The blade swings in a deadly arc.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Charging to P5, +2 Attack, -2 AC (19 AC)
    Attack Roll: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Spoiler: Endbringer: Halberd Only
    Show
    Time to put some undead to rest, big guy.

Show
    Sir Cynric's readied action included a bless spell.]

The zombie doesn't even see you coming as you dash through the rain. As you shout your opening line, you swing with brutal accuracy at the walking corpse's chest. It staggers, barely holding on for dear unlife.

Spoiler: Oren
    Show
    You not only receive bless, but Cynric has given your musket the magical descriptor.
    And it's your turn.

Extended Sig.

Show

10. - Top - End - #130

PaladinGuy

OOC: first shot on Z1, hitting on touch AC
    Fear my rifle, brainless scum!
    Oren fired his musket and was reloaded, ready to fire another shot in the time it took Halberd to charge into his chosen target.
    Show
    firing on Z1 if my first shot didn't drop him, otherwise on Z5
    Attack- (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage- (1d12+3)[7]
    There is a time for metaphysical experimentation, and there is a time for doomlasers and face-punching. Do you know what time it is? -Pax Empyrean, Spacebattles

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: first shot on Z1, hitting on touch AC
    Fear my rifle, brainless scum!
    Oren fired his musket and was reloaded, ready to fire another shot in the time it took Halberd to charge into his chosen target.
    Show
    firing on Z1 if my first shot didn't drop him, otherwise on Z5
    Attack- [roll0]
    Damage- [roll1]
    KRACKOW!

Your rifle spouts smoke as you fire. At first everyone thought lightning had stricken in the midst of the clearing, but they are then amazed that it in fact came from your weapon. The shot itself lands home into the zombie's shoulder, taking it's arm right off.
    Cynric's eyes widened at the spectacle. "Great Gods!"

Spoiler: Briar
    Show
    Your turn. 3 rounds of prep, including that spiderclimb spell, and then the surprise round.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-08 at 01:40 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Briar casts a strange spell on himself and moves towards the wall. He starts trying to climb it

Spoiler: actions (prep rounds)
    Show

round 1: standard action, cast climb walls, move action to get right up against the wall

round 2: move action to climb 1/2 of my move speed up the wall, second move action doing the same (moving 1/2 of my move speed imposes a -5 penalty)
    (1d20+4)[19]
    (1d20+4)[5]

round 3: if either of those two rolls succeeded, do the same actions
    (1d20+4)[5]
    (1d20+4)[15]

if the first two checks failed
    standard action to cast bull's strength on Yin, my animal companion

From where he now stands briar starts casting another spell he aims it at one of the zombies, after casting his spell he looks at one of his birds while pointing to a zombie and saying something in a strange language

Spoiler: suprise round actions
    Show

standard action cast briar web centered on Zombie 13, if possible, trying to entangle zombies 12, 14, and 15 as well

free action handle animal check to make Yin attack Zombie 6 (DC 10 to make it perform a trick it knows) [the command is in druidic]
    (1d20+10)[11]

extended signature

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    Briar casts a strange spell on himself and moves towards the wall. He starts trying to climb it

Spoiler: actions (prep rounds)
    Show

round 1: standard action, cast climb walls, move action to get right up against the wall

round 2: move action to climb 1/2 of my move speed up the wall, second move action doing the same (moving 1/2 of my move speed imposes a -5 penalty)
    [roll0]
    [roll1]

round 3: if either of those two rolls succeeded, do the same actions
    [roll2]
    [roll3]

if the first two checks failed
    standard action to cast bull's strength on Yin, my animal companion

From where he now stands briar starts casting another spell he aims it at one of the zombies, after casting his spell he looks at one of his birds while pointing to a zombie and saying something in a strange language

Spoiler: suprise round actions
    Show

standard action cast briar web centered on Zombie 13, if possible, trying to entangle zombies 12, 14, and 15 as well

free action handle animal check to make Yin attack Zombie 6 (DC 10 to make it perform a trick it knows) [the command is in druidic]
    [roll4]
    Even with the spell, you struggle to climb the wall... you slide several feet back down a couple of times before you even get there. Despite those fumbles, however, you manage to reach the top. You see the zombies as they pour in. You mutter to your bird of prey, which you think is right next to you, when you notice it's attacking a panicked squirrel. Sighing, you cast your spell...

Grasses, weeds, bushes, and even trees to grow thorns and then wrap, twist, and entwine about the zombies in the area in which you casted, holding them fast. They hardly notice their entanglement, trying to move anyway.

Extended Sig.

Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Lady Sorra is startled at the change of height. She looks to Malvin, and nods. Then she barks more orders to the knights near the bodies. "Sentries! Move to protect the wizard! Cynric, start praying!"

"Yes, M'Lady!" He replies, beginning his prayer in Draconic. You all feel confident, feeling victory within your grasp. He then moves to Oren. Casts an incantation upon his rifle, and then to Spiker, doing the same to her spike tail. "As impressive as your weapons are, friends, they'll do you little good without certain... improvements."

Spoiler: Malvin
    Show
    You recognize the spells as Magic Weapon. and Cat's Grace.

He then draws his sword. "To battle! The unholy spawn of black magics will tremble at the roar of Bahamut's finest!"

As the zombies approach, Sorra charges fearlessly at the shambling horrors. "Taste the fang of a dragon, souless ones!" She brings her enlarged scimitar down on one of them...

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging Z7
    (1d20+13)[15]
    (1d8+4)[11]
    (1d6)[3]

Her blade lands home on the base of the zombie's neck, sending rotten blood to the ground. It still stands, a gaping wound in it's neck.

Cynric quickly makes it over to Halberd. "Care for a change in perspective, Halberd?"
    He casts another incantation, and Halberd grows to a height just a little taller than Sorra's. "There now. Aren't you a sight to behold!" He laughs.

Kalim, seeing little he can really steal from the undead, takes a spare crossbow to the Barricade where Oren is. He carefully aims his shot at one of the zombies...

Spoiler: to all
    Show
    rolling in the next post...
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-08 at 05:02 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    Lady Sorra is startled at the change of height. She looks to Malvin, and nods. Then she barks more orders to the knights near the bodies. "Sentries! Move to protect the wizard! Cynric, start praying!"

"Yes, M'Lady!" He replies, beginning his prayer in Draconic. You all feel confident, feeling victory within your grasp. He then moves to Oren. Casts an incantation upon his rifle, and then to Spiker, doing the same to her spike tail. "As impressive as your weapons are, friends, they'll do you little good without certain... improvements."

Spoiler: Malvin
    Show
    You recognize the spell as Magic Weapon.

He then draws his sword. "To battle! The unholy spawn of black magics will tremble at the roar of Bahamut's finest!"

As the zombies approach, Sorra charges fearlessly at the shambling horrors. "Taste the fang of a dragon, souless ones!" She brings her enlarged scimitar down on one of them...

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging Z7
    (1d20+7)[8]
    (1d10+1)[10]
    [roll2]

Her blade lands home on the base of the zombie's neck, sending rotten blood to the ground. It still stands, a gaping wound in it's neck.

Cynric quickly makes it over to Halberd. "Care foor a change in perspective, Halberd?"
    He casts another incantation, and Halberd grows to a height just a little taller than Sorra's. "There now. Aren't you a sight to behold!" He laughs.

Kalim, seeing little he can really steal from the undead, takes a spare crossbow to the Barricade where Oren is. He carefully aims his shot at one of the zombies...

Spoiler: to all
    Show
    rolling in the next post...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kalim shooting Z1
    (1d20+7)[8]
    (1d10+1)[10]

Extended Sig.

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Action Point
    (1d6)[2]

Kalim's shot narrowly misses the zombies head. "Damn it."
    Spoiler: Halberd
    Show
    You are enlarged. Make adjustments accordingly.

Spoiler: Spiker
    Show
    You were the target of Cat's Grace. Make adjustments accordingly. Also, your turn.

Spoiler: All
    Show
    You have all been blessed. Make adjustments accordingly.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-08 at 04:49 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Spiker feels the agility of the jungle's great predators surge into her, and her tail snaps forward, unleashing a volley of spikes at the closest zombie.

Show
    Attacking Z15
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    Attack 3: (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spiker feels the agility of the jungle's great predators surge into her, and her tail snaps forward, unleashing a volley of spikes at the closest zombie.

Show
    Attacking Z15
    Attack 1: [roll0]
    Attack 2: [roll2]
    Damage: [roll3]
    Attack 3: [roll4]
    Damage: [roll5]
    You fire your volley at an easy target: one of the zombies trapped in Briar's spell. Each spike impales the zombie dead on: two in the chest, one in the head. The spike to the head tears through to the other side of the zombie's skull, splattering it's brains. It ceases moving.

Extended Sig.

Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

The Knights guarding the bodies quickly move to the forward position, in front of Malvin. All Knights fire their crossbows at the undead...
    Spoiler: Knight Volley
    Show

(1d20+4)[7] vs Z3 (1d10+1)[8]
    (1d20+4)[5] vs Z3 (1d10+1)[7]
    (1d20+4)[23] vs Z3 (1d10+1)[9]
    (1d20+4)[23] vs Z3 (1d10+1)[11]
    (1d20+4)[6] vs Z3 (1d10+1)[5]
    (1d20+4)[16] vs Z3 (1d10+1)[5]
    (1d20+4)[13] vs Z11 (1d10+1)[9]
    (1d20+4)[23] vs Z11 (1d10+1)[8]

Focusing fire on the zombies to the northwest, the shots fly and riddle one of the zombies with bolts. One ends up falling, lifeless. The two knights manning the right hand barricades fire on the untrapped zombie on the northeastern side. Both shots land home, but it still advances forward.

Show
    Surprise round over. Round 1 begins...
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-08 at 05:47 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Briar & Halberd
    Show
    Need perception checks from both of you.

Extended Sig.

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Briar & Spiker
    Show
    The two of you both notice it: Briar from your vantage point and Spiker with your keen senses. Behind the tree line, you see more movement. You hear more groaning. The mob you face now is just a first wave, and they will seek to overwhelm you in less than 10 seconds!
    You will be able to warn the others on your turn.

Spoiler: All
    Show
    Top of the round. Malvin's turn.

Extended Sig.

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Malvin seldom regreted not having learned how to make things explode, but this was one of these few times. He could make people think they were blind, deaf and stupid, sure, but these things didn't think, so it was a moot point.

He might still provide some support, but for now his allies seemed to have things in hand, and so discretion was the better part of valor.
    He kept an eye out for things attempting to jump him, and digged through his coat to find that wand he'd grabbed from his shop.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Total defense, AC is 18, draw wand of repair moderate damage.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Adequetly described, Guard.
    Halberd is up next.

Extended Sig.

Show

24. - Top - End - #144

AssassinGuy

Kalim notices that "his" bolt is piddling to the sea of fast approaching zombies, quickly discards the crossbow that he procured and scours the fort for anything that could be of use against the undead forces. His allies may have something in their pocket. But he needs something bigger...He glances around...Hmmmm...

Spoiler: Actions if it's his turn
    Show

Spot - (1d20+6)[16]
    Listen - (1d20+6)[22]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-07-11 at 05:49 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

PaladinGuy

Mentally scolding himself for missing the zombie's head, Oren lined up another shot at the nearest zombie.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack- (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage- (1d12+4)[16]

26. - Top - End - #146

Suddenly much taller than the surrounding zombies, Halberd looks down disapprovingly on the undead horde. As tempting as it is to just start striking indiscriminately, Halberd's discipline holds him in check. Only turn your back on an unmoving corpse. One at a time.

With that thought, he swings to finish off the zombie he had charged.
    Spoiler: Ouch
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage: (3d8+10)[24]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Suddenly much taller than the surrounding zombies, Halberd looks down disapprovingly on the undead horde. As tempting as it is to just start striking indiscriminately, Halberd's discipline holds him in check. Only turn your back on an unmoving corpse. One at a time.

With that thought, he swings to finish off the zombie he had charged.
    Spoiler: Ouch
    Show
    Attack: [roll0]
    You take Endbringer and bury it into the zombie's stomache, lift it off of the ground and flip it over yous shoulder. Still moving, though prone, you lift your heavy metal foot and crush it's skull, ending it's shambling days.

Mentally scolding himself for missing the zombie's head, Oren lined up another shot at the nearest zombie.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack- [roll0]
    Damage- [roll1]
    You aim for the zombie you attacked before, this time sure that you'll fell him. Krackow!
    When the smoke clears from your shot, you notice that it's right eye is now missing. It falls, dead again.

Spoiler: Briar
    Show
    You're up.

Extended Sig.

Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Briar cups his hands over his mouth "Be ready everyone, there's more of them coming soon!"

he turns to one of his birds and spends a while seemingly issuing it orders
    he then turns the the other one, sighing, and starts talking to it while it terrorizes a squirrel

Spoiler: actions
    Show

free action to talk

full-round for a handle animal check (DC25)
    (1d20+10)[13]

free action for a handle animal check, involving my animal companion (DC10)
    (1d20+10)[19]

extended signature

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Briar, you attempt to command your other bird, however, the command is confused through the noise of the rain. You groan, look at the bird whos chasing rodents, and shout "HEY!" The bird stops, squawking it's protestation. You give it "the look," and it complies, flying back to you.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-10 at 10:46 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Lady Sorra, hearing Briar's warning quickens the pace of her attack. She moves shoulder to shoulder with Halberd and makes two quick attacks against the zombie in front of him, and then using her momentum, cleaves at the zombie she just attacked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+14)[31]
    (1d8+6)[13]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d20+9)[24]
    (1d8+6)[10]
    (1d6)[1]
    Cleave attempt (1d20+14)[17]
    (1d8+6)[12]
    (1d6)[1]

In one fluid motion, the two zombies fall, in pieces.
    Turning to her knights, she points her blade to the zombies in the northeast. "Knights! CHARGE!"
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-10 at 04:38 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show