New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC (Ongoing Campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spoiler: Thang
    Show

Spiker nods as she lifts her own kill.
    Not physically. But either we have souls, or our bodies are incompatible with housing them. I still wonder if there might be a way to see if humans really do have souls. I'd like to test it on that monster.
    Spoiler: Spiker
    Show
    Wotan looked away. "... so... we have similar mindsets..."
    He stopped. "Tell me, Spiker. Are you tired of living in fear? Knowing that people like Merrix strive to destroy our chance for freedom? I lived in fear, once. Until my Lord came to me."
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    Show
    Wotan looked away. "... so... we have similar mindsets..."
    He stopped. "Tell me, Spiker. Are you tired of living in fear? Knowing that people like Merrix strive to destroy our chance for freedom? I lived in fear, once. Until my Lord came to me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spiker glares at him.
    I find no peace in religion. I am a hunter, plain and simple. I hunt my foes, they hunt me, and the better hunter survives.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guard View Post
    Spoiler: For sir Graves
    Show
    Malvin nods at Cynric as he sits down at the table in recognition of his prescence. He works on in silence, content that Cynric was simply looking for a workspace. He does not immediately respond to the priest's question, although the lines around his mouth and on his brow deepens a smidge. For a long while, there is only scratching sound of claws carefully handling parchment as he unrolls scrolls, refold them, and either returns them or adds them to the meticulously ordered stack that consists of the writings he plans to bring with him.

Then, a scroll brings him pause. He traces the writing with a black, talonlike nail, and a smile spreads on his face.
    The expression is no gleaming explosion of joy, but nor does it carry sarcasm or vitrol. Without the frown lines, the tiefling seems to lose a decade's worth of years.

"Look at the bindings. They're simplistic, almost primitive, yet the spell itself is so elegant." Malcin seemed to be speaking to himself. He bent in close, his horns almost scraping the parchment, smile still firmly planted on his face. "It seems to rely on the faith of the creator to give it structure, yet it is clearly of arcane origin." He rolls up the scroll, and puts it aside, neither returning it to its rightful place, nor adding it to the pile he'd purchase. He wouldn't be able to make use of it, having found direct manipulation of energy a crude field of study, and consequently beneath him. Looking at that spell made him, if not regret, then at least re-examine that viewpoint.

He looked up at Cynric, and although he was no longer smiling, he was not frowning, either. He then picked up another scroll to decipher, returning his attention to it. "My parents were both human. They were well liked, rich, owning both an inn and a collection of magical goods they traded with travellers from time to time." Malvin delicately discards yet another scroll. "The items themselves were strictly off limits, but the library..." He doesn't seem to be seeing the graphs and the text before him. "I sneaked down there at night, read of magic, gods, otherworldy denizens," The dry wryness of his humor is is back in his voice. "Sometimes, I'd lose track of time. Once, I failed to notice the morning light creeping into the study. Mother was quite cross with me, as one might imagine - Khyber is hardly an appropriate subject of study for a young mind." The frown returns to his face, and he closes his scroll with a snap before adding it to the growing stack. "In retrospect I suppose the pair of them must have been powerful, having access to resources like that."

]

Spoiler: Testing Colors
    Show
    "How's this for text?" Dingdingding! This'll be the spoiler text color.

"This is legible. Or is it?"

"Here goes nothing."

"Yippie kay-yay motherfvcker"

"These dreams / Under my pillow / In the twilight, of these white nights"
    Spoiler: Malvin
    Show
    Cynric listened intently, serious. He leaned in close. "Hmm... What happened to them?"

Extended Sig.

Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spiker glares at him.
    I find no peace in religion. I am a hunter, plain and simple. I hunt my foes, they hunt me, and the better hunter survives.
    Show
    "I do not serve the Vassal. He is my friend, and I help him in his time of need. But we do not share perspectives.

Extended Sig.

Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "I do not serve the Vassal. He is my friend, and I help him in his time of need. But we do not share perspectives.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And what perspective do you hold different from him?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And what perspective do you hold different from him?
    Show
    You heard his offer. It was the same thing he offered me: protection. Safety. Sanctuary. He will not fight for us. He is just like all the others: they preach that we are sentient, and yet they do nothing as their same kin kill us in the streets! 'Free...' We are still nothing but slaves, and they coddle our fear because it is an effective cage.
    "But... There can yet be freedom for you. And, should we prevail... Revenge.

Extended Sig.

Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    You heard his offer. It was the same thing he offered me: protection. Safety. Sanctuary. He will not fight for us. He is just like all the others: they preach that we are sentient, and yet they do nothing as their same kin kill us in the streets! 'Free...' We are still nothing but slaves, and they coddle our fear because it is an effective cage.
    "But... There can yet be freedom for you. And, should we prevail... Revenge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spiker smiles at him.
    Ah, so you understand what it means to be hunted. Who made you their prey?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Sir Graves
    Show
    Malvin's frown remained in place. "They died in improbably timed accidents. I left. Now I am here." He resumed the proccess of picking out scrolls, and although he is no less excacting in his work, there is a new urgency to the proccess. His tail flicks rapidly, causing his coat to rustle behind him.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Oren privatness
    Show
    Rurik, you dwarven dunce, what are you doing around here? You were supposed to go back toward the desert after you finished in New Cyre. I'm researching a new kind of firearm. You know those crossbows with clips you tried to sell us? Imagine one of those on a musket.
    There is a time for metaphysical experimentation, and there is a time for doomlasers and face-punching. Do you know what time it is? -Pax Empyrean, Spacebattles

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Halberd
    Show
    Grave smiled. "It would be difficult to remember me, friend," he said. "I was but a regular foot soldier from Sharn, serving under Bulwark. I was younger, then, enlisting even when my father didn't allow it. Sometimes... I wonder what my life would have been like had I listened to him.
    "In fact, I nearly died in my first battle. A Karnn boneknight shoved a sword straight through me. I honestly thought it was the end...
    Until... By chance... I saw a winged beast in the sky. A dragon. I had never seen one before then. It... inexplicably... filled me with the strength to stand. And I fought on, at Bulwark's side. We were victorious. I never explained what had happened to anyone, except to my closest friends."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Halberd leans forward excitedly. "You served under Bulwark? What was he like? Do the stories do him justice?"

11. - Top - End - #251

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Kalim
    Show
    You finish your rounds as far as purchasing what you need. You head into the Vassal's hall where the gathering of commoners hang about. Many are stressed.
    You notice a strange beggar, wearing tattered vestments, feeding the others soup. He walks over to you. He...doesn't look human. He is green skinned, lined with dark green spots upon his face. He bows.
    "May I offer you soup, travelar?" he says.
    Spoiler: Private
    Show

That won't be necessary. The sight of the clothing cause his eyes to soften. You should reserve what you have among yourselves. The pickpocket looks over the beggar's shoulder, distracted by scene, aptly concern. Why are they so glum? Are they refugees? And... Kalim punctuates with slowness as he comes back to the world with fright when he realizes this non-human creature who is serving him. What. In. The. Manner. Are. You???
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-07-18 at 01:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spiker smiles at him.
    Ah, so you understand what it means to be hunted. Who made you their prey?
    Show
    Wotan's eye grow bright. "Dhakanni slavers. During the war, my unit was captured behind enemy lines. To the armies of the five nations, we were simply weapons. But these Dhakanni saw us as entertainment, and worthy warriors to fight in pits. They forced us to fight one another... Until I was all that was left. New ones came as well... sold off from other slave traders... but they never sold me. Even after the Treaty, I was their possession.
    Then my Lord, and his host came. They slaughtered them all, in a glorious massacre. All but one: my task master. My Lord released me, offered me his bloodied weapon and presented my captor to me.
    "I killed him. With my bare hands.
    "Now... Now I am no one's prey. But I do not stop there. Many of my brothers are still slaves. Not to the Dhakanni, but to all of Khorvaire.Bound. Enchained by the hatred of fleshlings. I vowed to my Lord that I would liberate them all.
    Our blade's are many, Spiker. Shall you be one of them?"

Show
    Malvin's frown remained in place. "They died in improbably timed accidents. I left. Now I am here." He resumed the proccess of picking out scrolls, and although he is no less excacting in his work, there is a new urgency to the proccess. His tail flicks rapidly, causing his coat to rustle behind him.
    Show
    Cynric lowers his head. Taking that in, he allows a little silence before he speaks again. "...I'm sorry. I, too, lost my parents... along with the woman I loved. I know that must have been difficult for you."

Quote Originally Posted by czieg View Post
    Spoiler: Oren privatness
    Show
    Rurik, you dwarven dunce, what are you doing around here? You were supposed to go back toward the desert after you finished in New Cyre. I'm researching a new kind of firearm. You know those crossbows with clips you tried to sell us? Imagine one of those on a musket.
    Spoiler: Oren
    Show
    "Aye, but I took th' northern road as a detour, to get to Darguun. Imagine my surprise when I saw it infested with walkers and blights! I came here, as it were'nt safe fer me to travel.
    "But yeh mentioned a new kind of firearm? Yeh won't find a scematic in this lot o' books. No sir. These knights be good people, but they don't get out very often. Closed off to updated models of weapons and such.
    Fortunatley fer you, lad, I be workin' on something..."
    He reaches into his bag and pulls out a few scrolls of paper. He rolls them out on one of the tables. It's all there: exactly what you needed. It may actually work.
    "Haven't had th' time to build one meself yet, but I imagine it might work. Say... Why don't we help each other out? Build yerself the first model using my schematics! Aye, tha' be grand!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Halberd leans forward excitedly. "You served under Bulwark? What was he like? Do the stories do him justice?"
    Spoiler: Halberd
    Show
    Due to your absence, I'll complete this scene separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Spoiler: Private
    Show

That won't be necessary. The sight of the clothing cause his eyes to soften. You should reserve what you have among yourselves. The pickpocket looks over the beggar's shoulder, distracted by scene, aptly concern. Why are they so glum? Are they refugees? And... Kalim punctuates with slowness as he comes back to the world with fright when he realizes this non-human creature who is serving him. What. In. The. Manner. Are. You???
    Show
    The stranger bows once more. "I am Ruz."
    He offers the bowl to another commoner before he speaks again. "I am a friend of the Vassal. Here to help in any way I can. The people here are simply worried about the events transpiring. I act as morale."
    He notices you staring. "I hope my appearance isn't too... unsettling. I am a gith, you see. From Sarlona."

Extended Sig.

Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Briar
    Show
    You sit upon the branch of a great oak in front of the keep, near the tower. You face towards the south, not wanting to look at the scene below. Truly, you're interest is towards the dragon, who has taken a more relaxed and restful pose.
    To your surprise, the dragon speaks.
    "Wer ifpesp ghoros wer wiivai. The calm before the fury. It can be stressful.
    "I can smell the fey blood in you, Odad. Truly, the wilds are your home. So why do you travel with these self-styled "civil men?"

Extended Sig.

Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Show
    You sit upon the branch of a great oak in front of the keep, near the tower. You face towards the south, not wanting to look at the scene below. Truly, you're interest is towards the dragon, who has taken a more relaxed and restful pose.
    To your surprise, the dragon speaks.
    "Wer ifpesp ghoros wer wiivai. The calm before the fury. It can be stressful.
    "I can smell the fey blood in you, Odad. Truly, the wilds are your home. So why do you travel with these self-styled "civil men?"

Spoiler
    Show

"ah, Máedra, i am part fey, yes, my grandmother is a dryad, hence my affinity for nature. i travel with these.. people.. to fulfill my grandmothers wishes, she told me she had nothing else to teach me, and that i had to explore the world. i thought these people would be the most interesting to travel with. And, if possible, while on my adventure, i'd like to bring the one who killed my dyáer, my mother, to justice."

((ooc: Máedra is sylvan for "great/powerful/wise one"
    Dyáer, as i assume you guessed, means "mother"
    honestly, i just typed, and that's what i came up with))
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Wotan's eye grow bright. "Dhakanni slavers. During the war, my unit was captured behind enemy lines. To the armies of the five nations, we were simply weapons. But these Dhakanni saw us as entertainment, and worthy warriors to fight in pits. They forced us to fight one another... Until I was all that was left. New ones came as well... sold off from other slave traders... but they never sold me. Even after the Treaty, I was their possession.
    Then my Lord, and his host came. They slaughtered them all, in a glorious massacre. All but one: my task master. My Lord released me, offered me his bloodied weapon and presented my captor to me.
    "I killed him. With my bare hands.
    "Now... Now I am no one's prey. But I do not stop there. Many of my brothers are still slaves. Not to the Dhakanni, but to all of Khorvaire.Bound. Enchained by the hatred of fleshlings. I vowed to my Lord that I would liberate them all.
    Our blade's are many, Spiker. Shall you be one of them?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spiker looks him in the eye.
    Join your pack? No, not that. But your prey sounds worthy. Should I have the opportunity, I ask your permission to hunt them.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"ah, Máedra, i am part fey, yes, my grandmother is a dryad, hence my affinity for nature. i travel with these.. people.. to fulfill my grandmothers wishes, she told me she had nothing else to teach me, and that i had to explore the world. i thought these people would be the most interesting to travel with. And, if possible, while on my adventure, i'd like to bring the one who killed my dyáer, my mother, to justice."

((ooc: Máedra is sylvan for "great/powerful/wise one"
    Dyáer, as i assume you guessed, means "mother"
    honestly, i just typed, and that's what i came up with))
    Show
    "Hmmm..."
    The dragon sits upright. Stares at you.
    "You beheld the sight of a great evil, as a child. My apologies."
    He leans closer. "Your quarry is nearer than you think, Odad. You have set upon his path, to the ruins of the Forgotten."
    He looks to the north again. "It is not what you will expect, Fey-wilder.He may kill you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spiker looks him in the eye.
    Join your pack? No, not that. But your prey sounds worthy. Should I have the opportunity, I ask your permission to hunt them.
    Show
    Wotan looked puzzled. "You said you need soldiers, did you not? There are many of by brothers who would also see Merrix's head upon a spike. They will fight, kill and, if need be, die for your dream for justice. Alone, your goal is unreachable.
    "But you needn't decide so hastily."
    He takes out a small device from one of his pouches: it is a complex, small, round metal ball. He gives it to you.
    "Revenge is but a stone throw away," he says. "Speak my name into the ball. Toss it in the air. It will find me. Then my Lord will know."
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-18 at 01:40 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Wotan looked puzzled. "You said you need soldiers, did you not? There are many of by brothers who would also see Merrix's head upon a spike. They will fight, kill and, if need be, die for your dream for justice. Alone, your goal is unreachable.
    "But you needn't decide so hastily."
    He takes out a small device from one of his pouches: it is a complex, small, round metal ball. He gives it to you.
    "Revenge is but a stone throw away," he says. "Speak my name into the ball. Toss it in the air. It will find me. Then my Lord will know."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldiers, yes. But once Merrix is dead, I shall go my own way. And what I need soldiers for is a distraction. I got out of Merrix's forge once. I can get back in, if the guards are distracted by a siege.
    She takes the ball.
    I thank you, Wotan. You are a noble spirit. Moreso than the Vassal, cowed by his god and his honor.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Show
    "Hmmm..."
    The dragon sits upright. Stares at you.
    "You beheld the sight of a great evil, as a child. My apologies."
    He leans closer. "Your quarry is nearer than you think, Odad. You have set upon his path, to the ruins of the Forgotten."
    He looks to the north again. "It is not what you will expect, Fey-wilder.He may kill you."
    Spoiler
    Show

"do not worry about me máedra, with my friends by my side, i will succeed, and capture my svytre" he looks at his birds meaningfully
    "And on the off-chance that i am killed, then i do not mind, it just means i was not strong enough, and i will be reunited with my dyáer sooner than i intended"

((svytre is sylvan for "prey"
    hope you don't mind me making up random words))
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-07-18 at 01:49 PM.
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

19. - Top - End - #259

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Guns Guns Guns
    Show
    You already have a schematic?
    Oren looks over the diagram, taking note of materials and processes needed to make it.
    I've been recruited by Sir Grave to help with the undead problem. With the funds I've required and this as a base, we could bring about a whole new era of firearms! We must begin at once!
    There is a time for metaphysical experimentation, and there is a time for doomlasers and face-punching. Do you know what time it is? -Pax Empyrean, Spacebattles

20. - Top - End - #260

Spoiler
    Show
    "It is what it is." Malvin answers in a clipped voice. "My condolences." he adds, almos hesitantly. He loooks away from Cynric and opens the next scroll. Studying it, he clicks his tongue. "Useful."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Soldiers, yes. But once Merrix is dead, I shall go my own way. And what I need soldiers for is a distraction. I got out of Merrix's forge once. I can get back in, if the guards are distracted by a siege.
    She takes the ball.
    I thank you, Wotan. You are a noble spirit. Moreso than the Vassal, cowed by his god and his honor.
    Show
    Wotan nods. "Grave is a good man, in many ways. But he, too, is caged by fear: the fear of change."
    He continued forward with his kill. "We should return with our prizes, Spiker. I would prefer we not keep him waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"do not worry about me máedra, with my friends by my side, i will succeed, and capture my svytre" he looks at his birds meaningfully
    "And on the off-chance that i am killed, then i do not mind, it just means i was not strong enough, and i will be reunited with my dyáer sooner than i intended"

((svytre is sylvan for "prey"
    hope you don't mind me making up random words))
    Show
    "While true, should you fall, who would put an end to his evil? The Vassal and I are dying. And so shall everything we protect. We all must die, yes, from the mayfly to the long lived darastrix. But not before you've fulfilled your role in the grand prophecy."

Spoiler: Guns Guns Guns
    Show
    You already have a schematic?
    Oren looks over the diagram, taking note of materials and processes needed to make it.
    I've been recruited by Sir Grave to help with the undead problem. With the funds I've required and this as a base, we could bring about a whole new era of firearms! We must begin at once!
    Show
    Aye, lad, that'd be true. But... Why're yeh readin' a book about silverware? Are yeh lookin' to make spoons?

Spoiler
    Show
    "It is what it is." Malvin answers in a clipped voice. "My condolences." he adds, almos hesitantly. He loooks away from Cynric and opens the next scroll. Studying it, he clicks his tongue. "Useful."
    Show
    Cynric raises his eyebrow in curiosity. "Ah, and what do you have there?"

Extended Sig.

Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He has no place in our hunt. Though I can scarcely wait for the day when I met what makes him prey.
    Spiker follows Wotan back to the keep.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #263

Show
    "It seems to be a devil's trap. This spell," He taps the scroll twice "Will stupify a devil, if we're lucky. I'd prefer to do the actual casting myself, of course you've noted that scrolls can be somewhat... lacking in their effects at times. Time is a luxury we can ill afford, however - I'll just have to hope for the best." He added the parchment to his purchases.

24. - Top - End - #264

AssassinGuy

Show
    The stranger bows once more. "I am Ruz."
    He offers the bowl to another commoner before he speaks again. "I am a friend of the Vassal. Here to help in any way I can. The people here are simply worried about the events transpiring. I act as morale."
    He notices you staring. "I hope my appearance isn't too... unsettling. I am a gith, you see. From Sarlona."
    Spoiler
    Show

No, not at all. You just took me by surprise being a non-common catch. Which gith, if I may ask? I am leaning to Githzerai since you look monk-like unless you're a rare case of a Githyanki defectee? And don't bow, I know it's respectful. Just don't, it makes me think of myself too highly. Kalim frantically denies his fear and berates Ruz for his humility, shuddering with embarrassment. I am not knowledgeable of that region myself, having not been there once. Last heard, it is ruled inhabited by psychic humanoids and other kinds of bizarreness that spawn there. I rant and forgot to introduce myself properly to an associate of Sir Grave, how rude of me. You can call me Kalim for starters. Oh, here. Kalim deduct 25 gp from the pouch he snagged from Brent at their meeting. This will help you in your troubles. It is not much but it will do. Feel free to use it in whatever manner you see fit.

The thief rubs his slightly cramped leg from talking to the priests. They need more than morale. They need hope. Kalim strides with confidence that comes out of nowhere. He is making a fool of himself by doing this but someone has to do it. Vassal's dying. Many knights had perish. He takes a breathe before he strikes at the heart of the demoralized crowd. Gentlemen, Ladies. You do not need to panic. As you can see how the current situation that made itself known on our front door today, the knights and their alliance with courageous souls overcame the worst. Whilst this is a continuing occurrence for the foreseeable future, you need not worry yourselves. Though the conflict had not yet been resolved, they will keep fighting until peace is restored. Do not falter now! Instead, have faith in them in their abilities. They will route out the forces of darkness! They will prevail!

Diplomacy to lift the commoners' spirits - (1d20+12)[27]

Last edited by Yas392; 2014-07-19 at 07:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Silver and Guns
    Show
    As part of my new job, there is a devil that needs killing. Those things are weak against silver and good old pure cold iron. We know it's waiting for us, so we are getting ready for it. I'm sad to say that this threat must com

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He has no place in our hunt. Though I can scarcely wait for the day when I met what makes him prey.
    Spiker follows Wotan back to the keep.
    Show
    "Hm..." Curiosity gets the best of him. "There are few things that can make someone like Wyrmslayer prey..."
    He pauses. "You seem like you've encountered this new foe already. What manner of beast is it?"

Show
    "It seems to be a devil's trap. This spell," He taps the scroll twice "Will stupify a devil, if we're lucky. I'd prefer to do the actual casting myself, of course you've noted that scrolls can be somewhat... lacking in their effects at times. Time is a luxury we can ill afford, however - I'll just have to hope for the best." He added the parchment to his purchases.
    Show
    "I now see I made the right choices for this task," Cynric said smiling. "This fiend made a grievous error in underestimating us."

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

No, not at all. You just took me by surprise being a non-common catch. Which gith, if I may ask? I am leaning to Githzerai since you look monk-like unless you're a rare case of a Githyanki defectee? And don't bow, I know it's respectful. Just don't, it makes me think of myself too highly. Kalim frantically denies his fear and berates Ruz for his humility, shuddering with embarrassment. I am not knowledgeable of that region myself, having not been there once. Last heard, it is ruled inhabited by psychic humanoids and other kinds of bizarreness that spawn there. I rant and forgot to introduce myself properly to an associate of Sir Grave, how rude of me. You can call me Kalim for starters. Oh, here. Kalim deduct 25 gp from the pouch he snagged from Brent at their meeting. This will help you in your troubles. It is not much but it will do. Feel free to use it in whatever manner you see fit.

The thief rubs his slightly cramped leg from talking to the priests. They need more than morale. They need hope. Kalim strides with confidence that comes out of nowhere. He is making a fool of himself by doing this but someone has to do it. Vassal's dying. Many knights had perish. He takes a breathe before he strikes at the heart of the demoralized crowd. Gentlemen, Ladies. You do not need to panic. As you can see how the current situation that made itself known on our front door today, the knights and their alliance with courageous souls overcame the worst. Whilst this is a continuing occurrence for the foreseeable future, you need not worry yourselves. Though the conflict had not yet been resolved, they will keep fighting until peace is restored. Do not falter now! Instead, have faith in them in their abilities. They will route out the forces of darkness! They will prevail!

Diplomacy to lift the commoners' spirits - [roll0]

Show
    The gith shakes his head, "your offer if generous, but unnecessary, friend Kalim. I do not require sustenance, shelter, or sleep. It would be wasted on me." He turned. "I've... others to care for. Thank you for your time. I will treasure the memory." He moved on to serving more soup.
    You finish your speech, and you see smiles on more faces. You've managed to turn a quiet, uneasy crowd into a wellspring of joyous conversation. You return to Ruz.
    Ruz smiled. "You have a way with words, my friend. Even I could not do better myself."

Spoiler: Silver and Guns
    Show
    As part of my new job, there is a devil that needs killing. Those things are weak against silver and good old pure cold iron. We know it's waiting for us, so we are getting ready for it. I'm sad to say that this threat must com
    Show
    Rurik chuckled and shook his head. "Laddy, tha' not be the way to go about it. If th' bullet is made of pure silver, it would shatter in tha' barrel once yeh fired th' thing.
    "Here, now: let me show yeh how it's done: yeh take yer normal bullets and melt them down. Then yeh melt the silver. Yeh combine the two metals together, carefully, and make th' bullet out of th' mixture. Tha' way, yer bullet won't brake, and the damage is just as well against yer foe.
    "Say... I hear they've got a forge goin' on in th courtyard. I think th' warforged and th' Vassal are workin' with silver. Yeh want to make some bullets with me?"
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-19 at 01:40 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Hm..." Curiosity gets the best of him. "There are few things that can make someone like Wyrmslayer prey..."
    He pauses. "You seem like you've encountered this new foe already. What manner of beast is it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something that doesn't know respect for its prey. It will learn that it is mistaken.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #268

AssassinGuy

Show
    The gith shakes his head, "your offer if generous, but unnecessary, friend Kalim. I do not require sustenance, shelter, or sleep. It would be wasted on me." He turned. "I've... others to care for. Thank you for your time. I will treasure the memory." He moved on to serving more soup.
    You finish your speech, and you see smiles on more faces. You've managed to turn a quiet, uneasy crowd into a wellspring of joyous conversation. You return to Ruz.
    Ruz smiled. "You have a way with words, my friend. Even I could not do better myself."
    Spoiler
    Show

Kalim snorts, pushing back the allotted wealth into the gith's hand. Please, it is yours to distribute if you do not likewise want it. Since you are a caretaker of these people, is it not a mother hen's job to ensure her chicks are well-cared for?

Not really. They just needed some pep talk to erase their doubts. Optimism is better than wallowing in despair. It's better to give optimism to make the unfolding events easily accepted. Kalim's explicits a sad smile. I know of the Vassal's well-being. He doesn't have much longer, does he?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-07-20 at 06:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269

Spoiler: Sir Grave
    Show
    "If it has indeed erred in taking our measure, it would be most fortuitous." Malvin seems sceptical of the thought, but moves on. "I used to believe power would protect you. Seeing Graves and Namhias, an actual dragon, and indeed, yourself, struggle to solve issues such as these... I'm unsure of what to believe now. Perhaps power only makes more powerful entities want you dead."
    Last edited by Guard; 2014-07-19 at 08:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Forging the way!
    Show
    That sounds like a fine idea. Except for the fact that the squirrels would be about, planning. A word about the Warforged though, I've seen him looking at his sword for long moments. It weirds me out sometimes. (OOC:Rurik knows about the squirrell thing)