New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Binder questions

I'm building a binder for fun currently and have a few questions that I'd like some help on.

I've decided to go a melee focused build, somewhat balanced between a charge/power attack build and a mobility based fighter. Probably leaning more towards the first though.

My question is, should I focus more on Str, or Dex? It seems that for the power attack route, Str would be way more beneficial, but at the same time, the +4 dex, weapon finesse, and Dance of Death ability that Paimon grants are pretty nice looking.

Also planning on going into Knight of the Sacred Seal, which is definetely focusing the charge/str aspect. While I'm at it, which would be a good Patron Vestige for a build like this? Thinking Chupoclops, as the pounce ability granted would be invaluable to charging, but I'm new to the binder class, so I'm sure I'm missing something.

I just kind of wanted a second opinion.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Binder questions

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplord View Post
    I'm building a binder for fun currently and have a few questions that I'd like some help on.

I've decided to go a melee focused build, somewhat balanced between a charge/power attack build and a mobility based fighter. Probably leaning more towards the first though.

My question is, should I focus more on Str, or Dex? It seems that for the power attack route, Str would be way more beneficial, but at the same time, the +4 dex, weapon finesse, and Dance of Death ability that Paimon grants are pretty nice looking.

Also planning on going into Knight of the Sacred Seal, which is definetely focusing the charge/str aspect. While I'm at it, which would be a good Patron Vestige for a build like this? Thinking Chupoclops, as the pounce ability granted would be invaluable to charging, but I'm new to the binder class, so I'm sure I'm missing something.

I just kind of wanted a second opinion.
    You got a pretty good idea of how to do the Charge/str, which is a better fighter damage wise.
    Also, Consider Savnok as one of your secondary vestiges, and the improved binding feat.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Char Ops board has a guide for Binders, unfortunately I'm at work and do nto have the link available to me. Very thorough guide though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

ya if you stat below lvl 4 always get improved binding, but the great thing about the binder is that your so versatile and you can get a feel for what you want before you hav to make any major chooses.

Oh and this always helps, The Binder's Unoffical Guide