New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Some questions.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Some questions.

Can someone remind me:

1)Do prone characters still can make Attacks of Opportunity?

2)If I sucessfully trip someone while having "Improved Trip" feat can I use the extra attack from omproved trip to start a disarm?
    Three are the paths of soul:
    One out - roam across the plain,
    One back - dwell with the tribe and tent,
    One in - turn an enemy's hate.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Some questions.

Prone: The character is on the ground. An attacker who is prone has a –4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A defender who is prone gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a –4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.
    Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.

Threatened Squares: You threaten all squares into which you can make a melee attack, even when it is not your action.
    You can make melee attacks while prone, ergo you threaten, ergo you can take attacks of opportunity. There's no exception mentioned.

Yes, you can. You can turn Cleave attacks, attacks of opportunity, etc. into disarm, trip, or sunder attempts.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Some questions.

It's also worth mentioning that once a person is Prone, they cannot be Tripped again until they are standing up. When they go to start standing up and provoke an AoO, they still count as Prone until after the AoO is resolved. This prevents serious Trip build abuse.