New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central

Still have 10 spots for Empire!
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    You're already on it.

I'd also like to say that there are quite a few in the main werewolf stream that don't yet have co-narrators. I'd like to draw special attention to Gnome Barbarians, which is up next.
    Well, I wasn't supposed to be, since I asked not to be. But meh, that's okay, since I now want to be.

WW V was a special set of roles for that one incarnation. I'm sure if it ever runs again, I mean...another D&D based one like that anyway, that the narrator will put up the specific roles. Truth be told, I had no clue what 90% of the roles did even while playing it.

And yes, I'm co-narrating WW VII

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Well, I wasn't supposed to be, since I asked not to be. But meh, that's okay, since I now want to be.
    ORLY!?

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I'll hop on the auto sign-up list for everything except alien invasion, as I'm going to see how the first game goes before I give it a second chance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

4. - Top - End - #124

Okay, fine then. =P Must be crazy.

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

odd, I thought I asked to get on the WW auto list...oh well, can I get on all the lists?

6. - Top - End - #126

Okay, as I missed the whole "Let's Start New Variations" thing, what defines each variation of the game? I know Mafia vs Pirates, okay, I get that, but what separates Werewolf, and Werewolf Classic? Is it the number of roles? I would like to remind everybody that the only reason that I used the roles I did, was due specifically to the number of players I had that signed up. So if there were X number of players, there is automatically going to by Y number of Werewolves, and 1 Seer. More players meant adding in the Baner. More meant adding in the Masons. More meant adding the Devil, etc...So what is it, different rules, or the number of roles used that defines the variation of the game?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77 View Post
    Okay, as I missed the whole "Let's Start New Variations" thing, what defines each variation of the game? I know Mafia vs Pirates, okay, I get that, but what separates Werewolf, and Werewolf Classic? Is it the number of roles? I would like to remind everybody that the only reason that I used the roles I did, was due specifically to the number of players I had that signed up. So if there were X number of players, there is automatically going to by Y number of Werewolves, and 1 Seer. More players meant adding in the Baner. More meant adding in the Masons. More meant adding the Devil, etc...So what is it, different rules, or the number of roles used that defines the variation of the game?
    Werewolf usually has a theme (V was D&D based roles, VI is werewolves as villagers and paladins as wolves), while classic tries to keep true to the original rules.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

8. - Top - End - #128

tongue Re: Werewolf Central

Ahhh...gotcha. Actually, I have been thinking of starting an actual game (not SMBG, but an acutal game) based on the Werewolf game. The setup is going to be something in the realms of 4-6 characters of 4th level or so (can't remember the CR of a werewolf, so I'm guessing here) snowed in at a villaige high in the mountains. The town will have a population of around 25 people, with a Magistrate (this is the Werewolf game's role of the person who prevents or overrules somebody getting lynched, kind of like the Baner), an alchemist (the baner), the party will be the "Masons" (a group of people who know who each other is, knowing that nobody in their group is a werewolf, but unsure of everyone else), a couple of werewolves posing as townsfolk, a devil (still trying to find a low CR devil that can shapechange or polymorph), a psion with Telepathy as their main focus (the Seer) who is the town drunk, a fortune teller with no real powers (the Fool), and the rest are random NPC's who are trying not to get lynched or eaten. I think that this will be fun once I can get it written. I intend on playtesting this on the boards, and then running it (eventually) with my RL group. Right now we are in the middle of the Shackled City campaign, and it is going strong. They are about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through the campaign. What do ya'll think? I was hoping that my group would consist of players from my original post for Werewolf, but for obvious reasons, cannot include everyone. As soon as I can get some feedback to everybody's thoughts on this, I'll put up a recruiting post. Please keep in mind that it is going to be a VERY role playing intensive game.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

The traditional werewolf is CR 3, an imp with 4 levels of sorcerer would have access to alter self quite a couple of times a day, as well as the resources to buy a homebrew magic item to let your innate alternate form ability give you the possibility to transform into a single PC race (item dependant, make it the most common race of the village) This makes the imp CR 6, not to mention the imp has an innate divination ability.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

10. - Top - End - #130

Hmmm...CR 6. Seems a bit high for a party of 4th level adventurers. If there were a total of 6 adventurers, it wouldn't be that great of a challange, but with 4, it would about kill them. Then again, I have a good stat build for the PC's in games I run. I'll go with that. The alter self ability would be grand for an imp with a few levels of sorcerer. Sounds good. Anybody here interested, before I have to post a recruiting post?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm...CR 6. Seems a bit high for a party of 4th level adventurers. If there were a total of 6 adventurers, it wouldn't be that great of a challange, but with 4, it would about kill them. Then again, I have a good stat build for the PC's in games I run. I'll go with that. The alter self ability would be grand for an imp with a few levels of sorcerer. Sounds good. Anybody here interested, before I have to post a recruiting post?
    CR 6 is a reasonable BBEG for a party of 4 level 4 PCs, 6 would slaughter him. 6 PCs of 4th level would have no challenge with a CR 3 creature (it's an easy encounter for 4 already)
    ٩๏̯͡๏

12. - Top - End - #132

Okay, so now that we have identified that in order for an imp to have the ability to change shape as often as needed for "daylight" hours, we are going to need an item that allows him to do so (if anybody knows of one that is already in existance, PLEASE let me know!), or will need to be a higher level sorcerer to get multiple castings of alter self, and maybe also needs a metamagic rod of extend spell. I think that would work. What happens if you take or have a metamagic feat and also apply the use of a metamagic rod to it of the same kind? Can you do this (effectively getting, in my case, a x4 duration)?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so now that we have identified that in order for an imp to have the ability to change shape as often as needed for "daylight" hours, we are going to need an item that allows him to do so (if anybody knows of one that is already in existance, PLEASE let me know!), or will need to be a higher level sorcerer to get multiple castings of alter self, and maybe also needs a metamagic rod of extend spell. I think that would work. What happens if you take or have a metamagic feat and also apply the use of a metamagic rod to it of the same kind? Can you do this (effectively getting, in my case, a x4 duration)?
    Well, I think it wouldn't help (metamagic feats can only be apllied once), but even if it would help it still would cost additional spell levels. But basing my item of alter self I would say 2400 GP would be a reasonable price for an item which grants you a single form for your innate alternate form ability, in which you can change once per day, though there is no limit on how long you can stay in the duration.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

14. - Top - End - #134

Okay, now that the above tangent is done, can we get a url link on the first post of this sticky to the website showing, statistically, how many werewolves you need for X number of total players? I tried finding it from the Wiki site, but to no avail.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

15. - Top - End - #135

I think the suggested number is 1/4, rounded down.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

By the way, preplanning for WW IX is almost complete. I now give you the teaser title. WW IX : The Vampire War.... Thank you, that is all.

17. - Top - End - #137

So, are empire and rebellion going to go here?
    Empire
    Rebellion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Founder of the Guy in a Fancy Cape Fanclub.
    Trophies:
    2nd best discworld avatar
    2nd best discworld sigatar
    Caption contest wins: 5th place, 1st place
    Founder of the invisible message army.

18. - Top - End - #138

Maybe, when I'm not being lazy.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground

People who like massive twists should sign up for my WW game when it comes along

When Empire and Rebellion are on the list, I'd like to get auto-signed for them. They look pretty interesting.

And a note for werewolf lovers, both players and narrators:

If you ever have trouble with writing a death scene of any sort (lynch, auto-lynch, eaten by wolves, special power, target has been protected...) for any combination of roles, give me a PM and I'll be delighted to write something up! Heck, PM me with requests anyway! I love writing death scenes for werewolf!

At the moment, though, I'll only do death scenes for the following:

Werewolf
    Werewolf Classic
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

20. - Top - End - #140

Hey all,

Has the WWC game run by Blood started or finished? I can't seem to find it.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

21. - Top - End - #141

Hey all,

Has the WWC game run by Blood started or finished? I can't seem to find it.
    WWC II is currently being run by EK & PGCoD. When that one wraps up (not sure how it is going, I haven't been following it) then WWC III will start. The WWC III registration thread is floating around here somewhere at the moment.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Theres 11 people left in total and 3 wolves
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

23. - Top - End - #143

Hey all,

How does everybody like my new Avatar (by Simpi)? I thought it embodies both my love of DM'ing as well as my love for Werewolf! If you can't tell it is what the DungeonMaster character from the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon would look like if he turned into a werewolf!
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

24. - Top - End - #144

Um...it looks good, but this isn't the thread to be asking us how it looks, even though it has some small relation to werewolf?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just a question: Should we form some sort of ranking system, just to see who the skilled players are, or would that be too problematic?

26. - Top - End - #146

We should not do that.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmmm. You have a point. Doing that would essentially establish a list of targets. Most unfair.

28. - Top - End - #148

And at the top of all lists? My guess would have been Jontom.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    Just a question: Should we form some sort of ranking system, just to see who the skilled players are, or would that be too problematic?
    Yeah, and next we should form a list of rankings of the skill level of the narrators and just get everyone pissed at each other.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    And at the top of all lists? My guess would have been Jontom.
    Ouch. Can't we be, like, tied or something?
    Spoiler
    Show