New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default [IC] Emerald City Knights

    It is a calm day in Emerald City; the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and lots of people are out and about enjoying the day. Whether they're walking their dog, rollerblading, or whatever, everybody seems to be having a good time today. All of you are on the open-air walking mall known as Yellow Brick Row, enjoying the day for your own reasons. The street itself is indeed paved as the name says, and several shops and other business areas line the sides of this street. Newcomers to the city notice a surprising amount of Asian cuisine being offered by restaurants and food carts alike, although with plenty of the normal kind of foodstuffs as well.

    ((Please describe what your characters are doing here))
    Last edited by Dudeons; 2014-07-25 at 10:39 AM.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ChaosArchon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Koprulu Sector

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    A bright light shining through the window in his penthouse woke him up. Wincing from its brightness, his head throbbing, Cody looks around groggily exclaiming, "Ugh my head still hurts from last night, I should not have used that funnel how I did."

    As he looks over at the clock he see's it reads 12:01PM and remarks,"Huh, why am I up so early, I should at least have had another hour or two. Never the less, I guess I should shower so I don't smell like booze the whole day." and with that he heads to his bathroom to shower. However this is no ordinary bathroom, but one made for a king. It had the one of the most luxurious showers in all of Emerald City, and had some of the finest Italian marble as it's floor tiles. As he opens the stain-glass shower door he remarks,"It's good to be the king."
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-15 at 03:25 AM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

    Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

    My homebrew setting: Raeus

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    smuchmuch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ??Ph??

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Imagine, if you will, golden lanes crossing around large buildings made out of a beautiful translucent green glass and crossed by hundreds of lines of light. The little creature in it does not see the great whole they are a part off, from the giant towering in the middle to the small boxes of the outskirts, they go on to their occupation. It's like an ant farm but so much more complex, so much greater in scope. somehow the whole thing breathes, it pulses, it lives.

    And it hurts. Large rotating blades like clouds of metal come on down, and everything is red. The blades keeps on cutting , removing layers after layers, until they have opponed a wound in the center of the city. There's something dark under it, a tumor. And as the blades cut, a slow moan sowly rises and turns into a chilling cry for help so loud that cracks apear on the glass buildings and it is as the very world itself is going to shatter and then.... That's when she opens her eyes.

    What an disturbing nightmare to wake up to.
    And what a strange place to wake up into. Slowly with stiffs and awkwards movements she puts a hand behind the back of her head and rubs the stiffness out of her neck as her eyes slowly around. It seems she's in a small alley, how lovely. There's even a fire escape right above her and a (thankfully empty) dumpster not far.

    She stands up and take a few steps before walking to a glass window and after wipping the dust with her sleeves she cheks herself with a sheepish smile and a wave. The reflection waves back looks like a young woman with a round face sporting brown eyes a small nose and dark brown shoulder length slightly curling hairs. Its her all right. Her clothes are pretty plain but nothing to be ashamed off, a simple green short skirt, pale red shoes, a white shirt and a dark green jacket with a little logo of the local baseball team (Go, Twisters !) in front. There's a purse as well but it's empty.

    She takes a deep breath and stirs. She doesnt feel sick and the stiffness has passed. In fat is anything, she fels oddly refreshed. Surprisingly clean and healthy, no empty bottle in any hands and both kidney are here as well. All things considered, there are much worse ways to wake up, especially on the hard concrete pavement of a recluse alley.

    That leaves just the question of what she's doing here in the first place. Well you see...
    ....
    "Uh. Why am I here ?" before admitting apparent as much to the general world around her than herself "...I Have no idea"

    The girl blinks. You'd think a complete memory blank would cause shock, horror but she seems to be taking this quite well. She's sure she should feel more upset but she isn't. At worst she does feel annoyed at not being upset or even upset she's not upset. Just a feeling of something lost.

    She doesn't feel like her mind or emotions have being altered (somehow ?) but it's not like she has any relevant memories or such to compare to. Maybe he people who gave her the impression that she her memories aren't manipulated but then why even leave the feeling that she should feel differently than she does ? Maybe.... Ugh after a good couple of minutes thinking along those lines, the teen winces and gives up with a shrug. With no facts to support any way over the other, that train of thought seems needlessly paranoid and frankly endless. She may have woke up in an alley but she's lacking the mandatory tinfoil hat and the empty bottle for that kind of craziness. There's nothing to do about it, no history to think of. Maybe... Surely... It'll all come back any moment ?

    So here she is, having just woken up in an alley, no memories, no one else around it seems, having taken stock of her situation quite quickly (is that normal, she wonders ?) and now she is going to walk out to do.. Something. Its right on the corner of her mind but she know there's a Purpose to her presence. With capital letter and italics even in her own mind, so whatever it is she's supposed to do, it's very important. That she knows for certain. Shame she's got absolutely no idea on what that might be.

    She may have no idea why she's here or how but she does think she know where she is. gets a feel to her environment, the ambient sounds, big crowd near not much traffic, the slight smells of cooking, other clues, a sense of pulsation under her feet like there's a heavy traffic nearby. Yep she's in alley which pours one of the small street that crosses not far from here into the very end of Yellow brick road, near the place with the big famous Chinese '' restaurant, the and all the Asian food places. The air does bring a enticing smell of samples sold in plain air, she feels hungry per se but she might be tempted to try a bit out of curiosity.

    Well it should be a little while before anything really happens, it's a pretty nice day in Emerald city and the yellow brick is full of people, she's got time to hang around here's a bit.
    "I'm sure it'll all be clear soon."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I guess it would have been better if she had woken up without emories after the inccident but I kind of wanted to post now just to say that yes I am in the game. If it doesn't make sense, just ignore her for now and I'll post again when the incident starts and we can consider this whole scene takes place at this moment.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2015-02-06 at 07:10 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

    Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

    -

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Dr. Wilhelm Reinher

    Dr. Reinher rubs his eyes. Medicine is an enjoyable practice, and rewarding, but an 18-hour shift with second-year residents is not his idea of a good time. "Well, if I stay up another few hours I'll see my second sunset in a row. Not the first time." He mutters to himself as he very un-graciously slugs down almost a third of his drink, which resembles a cross between a beehive, the dregs of a coffee factory, and burnt coffee.

    He musters a faint smile for the attractive waitress as she delivers a slightly overpriced, but large and meaty, sandwich. The bistro is a bit over-priced, but you pay for the location. Two blocks from the hospital, at one end of the Yellow Brick Row, with a patio that almost juts into Central Park, it's a prime location.... and blessedly free of much of the traffic noise that consumes the city.

    It's lunchtime.
    Last edited by J-H; 2014-07-16 at 10:11 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Casey hated being outside. The sun was bright, people were everywhere and the various pollens were killing his allergies. If it was up to Casey, he'd still be in bed or, maybe, sitting in the basement playing Halo with a big bowl of Lucky Charms and the AC as high as it could go to make sure the house doesn't overheat.

    Instead, Casey is outside on the Yellow Brick Row, squinting at the glare on his Nintendo DS as he tries to play Pokemon. His dad might make him go outside, but he can't make him do something boring like a sport or physically taxing like running! Casey smirks, knowing that there is no way his dad could know that he didn't do anything. He'd go home, maybe jog for a few yards to get sweaty, then go right into the house without his father noticing. It was the perfect system.

    And so, Casey sits on the bench, pondering whether to make his Alakazam use Psyshock or Psychic on the other Pokemon.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    A sudden boom catches your attention as a panel truck explodes some distance away. A cloud of grey mist streams out from the wreckage, swirling by its own accord into some kind of whirlwind. Pale blue energy arcs within the whirlwind before leaping out, striking several points in its immediate vicinity. All four of you are hit by bolts of energy as the whirlwind dissipates just as quickly as it appeared. All of you feel strangely empowered, as though you absorbed the lightning and became something more than a mere person. The others around you aren't as fortunate, as the panicked crowds of civilians and large amounts of property damage threaten everybody on Yellow Brick Row. What do you do?
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ChaosArchon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Koprulu Sector

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Cody collapse in the shower just as the explosion occurred. As he rises up he thinks,"What the hell was that... I swear if Jon slipped me some X last night I'm gonna kill him." he says other his breath, along with a string of profanities and increasingly unlikely threats involving human anatomy. He then exits the shower and begins to dry off, first brushing his long blonde hair, drying off his arms, but then he stops as he sees something strange in the mirror.

    "What the..." Cody stammers in shock, as in the mirror he sees some of his things in the bathroom circle around him, almost as if they were attracted to him and could not move in any other way. "This has gotta be one seriously freaky trip... I think I just need to get some air..."

    Cody then shambles out of the bathroom, his hairbrush still swirling around his head like a small satellite, wobbling and down but still remaining in the same rough area. He quickly gets dressed, made much easier by the fact that his clothes were seemingly drawn magnetically towards him. He picks out a midnight black dress shirt and some blue jeans, along with his favorite pair of RayBans, "a strange day but no reason not to be dressed as good as I look" he thinks as he steps out onto the terrace.

    As Cody looks out over the city though, he sees it is in a state of total disarray, with fires coming from Yellow Brick Row and people running around in sheer terror. It is an absolutely terrifying view, as he watches civilization break down from the unknown disaster. "What happened... oh crap I left my best jacket in the bar, Puzzle in Yellow Brick Row. Well I guess I might as well try to get it now before the whole district burns." he thinks, "plus, it's a gift from my dad from my 21st birthday, no way in hell I'm letting it burn down with the city. Hell, it could be fun, rushing into a burning building and emerging as a badass, my leather jacket in hand."

    Cody the rushes down from his penthouse, taking the elevator to get to the garage. With his keys in hand, he hops into his Jag and heads to the Yellow Brick Row, still confused as why his stuff gets moving on its own accord towards him
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-19 at 11:52 AM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

    Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

    My homebrew setting: Raeus

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Between the swarming masses and a lighting bolt, Casey's Nintendo DS flies out of his sweaty hands, skittering across the yellow bricks. He runs as fast as his chubby little legs can carry him, only to watch in horror as the DS is stepped upon by one of the thousands panicking. He reaches the wreckage, holding up the broken machine. If his game was alright he'd still have all his saves, right? He'd still have his eight badges and his Alakazam! All the DS did was play the game.

    As he moves to pop the cartridge out, Casey looks in horror at the game split in half, right down the middle. He had 273 hours on that game and it was all gone!

    Despite his strangely good feeling, Casey simply joins the panicking mob, pressing his shattered DS against his chest as he runs, sobbing like a child half his age.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Dr. Reinher

    "What the!" Wilhelm jerks out of his chair at the sudden explosion, then ducks as he realizes what's going on. He comes back to standing just in time for a bolt of energy to slam into him.

    The world goes red, and he finds himself leaning atop his knocked-over chair. Other than being a bit sore, he's un-injured. He stands up and looks around, not immediately noticing anything different.... and then realizes that a bomb went off not far away, and that there are probably people injured.

    "No dust on the sandwich..." He scoops up the remnants of his sandwich in one hand, slugs down the rest of his coffee, and then jogs towards the blast zone to help out as he stuffs the last two bites in his mouth.

    (20 seconds later)
    He arrives in the area, but there's so much dust swirling around it's hard to see. Wilhelm bats it away with his arm ineffectually, and then tries squinting to see through it. As his eye start to focus, everything takes on a red tint, and the wall he was looking along suddenly has a large, smoking trench in the side.

    Dr. Reinher blinks, backs up a few steps, squeezes his eyes shut, rubs his face, and then tries again to see through the dust. A spot of pavement in front of him turns to molten glass. "Okay, so that wasn't a coincidence..."

    He backs out of the dust, shaken. After looking around, normally, for a few seconds without anything burning, heating up, or being sliced in half, he decides to play it safe. He yells into the dust: "HELLO, IS ANYONE HURT? I'M A DOCTOR!"

    Someone else will have called 911 by now, no need for me to do so

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Cody collapse in the shower just as the explosion occurred. As he rises up he thinks,"What the hell was that... I swear if Jon slipped me some X last night I'm gonna kill him." he says other his breath, along with a string of profanities and increasingly unlikely threats involving human anatomy. He then exits the shower and begins to dry off, first brushing his long blonde hair, drying off his arms, but then he stops as he sees something strange in the mirror.

    "What the..." Cody stammers in shock, as in the mirror he sees some of his things in the bathroom circle around him, almost as if they were attracted to him and could not move in any other way. "This has gotta be one seriously freaky trip... I think I just need to get some air..."

    Cody then shambles out of the bathroom, his hairbrush still swirling around his head like a small satellite, wobbling and down but still remaining in the same rough area. He quickly gets dressed, made much easier by the fact that his clothes were seemingly drawn magnetically towards him. He picks out a midnight black dress shirt and some blue jeans, along with his favorite pair of RayBans, "a strange day but no reason not to be dressed as good as I look" he thinks as he steps out onto the terrace.

    As Cody looks out over the city though, he sees it is in a state of total disarray, with fires coming from Yellow Brick Row and people running around in sheer terror. It is an absolutely terrifying view, as he watches civilization break down from the unknown disaster. "What happened... oh crap I left my best jacket in the bar, Puzzle in Yellow Brick Row. Well I guess I might as well try to get it now before the whole district burns." he thinks, "plus, it's a gift from my dad from my 21st birthday, no way in hell I'm letting it burn down with the city. Hell, it could be fun, rushing into a burning building and emerging as a badass, my leather jacket in hand."

    Cody the rushes down from his penthouse, taking the elevator to get to the garage. With his keys in hand, he hops into his Jag and heads to the Yellow Brick Row, still confused as why his stuff gets moving on its own accord towards him
    As you ride down the road, your bike suddenly stops against your will, glowing with a grey energy as you are hurled to the ground. A crazy-looking woman nearby holds one hand up, grey energy surrounding it. The woman has metal wrapped around her body like armor, and she swings her hand towards you as your motorcycle goes hurtling in your direction.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Make an Acrobatics check to see if you are hurt.
    Ranged Attack: (1d20+8)[14]
    If successful, make a DC 25 Toughness check.


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Between the swarming masses and a lighting bolt, Casey's Nintendo DS flies out of his sweaty hands, skittering across the yellow bricks. He runs as fast as his chubby little legs can carry him, only to watch in horror as the DS is stepped upon by one of the thousands panicking. He reaches the wreckage, holding up the broken machine. If his game was alright he'd still have all his saves, right? He'd still have his eight badges and his Alakazam! All the DS did was play the game.

    As he moves to pop the cartridge out, Casey looks in horror at the game split in half, right down the middle. He had 273 hours on that game and it was all gone!

    Despite his strangely good feeling, Casey simply joins the panicking mob, pressing his shattered DS against his chest as he runs, sobbing like a child half his age.
    As Casey runs through the mob, all of the chaos suddenly comes into focus as a strange man lunges onto the scene. The man has orange skin and has four tentacles growing out of his sides. Looking panicked, he is haphazardly hurling citizens aside with his four tentacles. One of them comes swinging at Casey himself.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Tentacle: (1d20+8)[14]
    If successful, roll DC 23 Damage and roll against a grapple check of (1d20+8)[10]


    Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Dr. Reinher

    "What the!" Wilhelm jerks out of his chair at the sudden explosion, then ducks as he realizes what's going on. He comes back to standing just in time for a bolt of energy to slam into him.

    The world goes red, and he finds himself leaning atop his knocked-over chair. Other than being a bit sore, he's un-injured. He stands up and looks around, not immediately noticing anything different.... and then realizes that a bomb went off not far away, and that there are probably people injured.

    "No dust on the sandwich..." He scoops up the remnants of his sandwich in one hand, slugs down the rest of his coffee, and then jogs towards the blast zone to help out as he stuffs the last two bites in his mouth.

    (20 seconds later)
    He arrives in the area, but there's so much dust swirling around it's hard to see. Wilhelm bats it away with his arm ineffectually, and then tries squinting to see through it. As his eye start to focus, everything takes on a red tint, and the wall he was looking along suddenly has a large, smoking trench in the side.

    Dr. Reinher blinks, backs up a few steps, squeezes his eyes shut, rubs his face, and then tries again to see through the dust. A spot of pavement in front of him turns to molten glass. "Okay, so that wasn't a coincidence..."

    He backs out of the dust, shaken. After looking around, normally, for a few seconds without anything burning, heating up, or being sliced in half, he decides to play it safe. He yells into the dust: "HELLO, IS ANYONE HURT? I'M A DOCTOR!"

    Someone else will have called 911 by now, no need for me to do so
    As you are moving through the dust, you are suddenly ambushed as a clawed hand swipes at your back. Landing some distance away after the attack is a woman, covered with fur. Her pointed nose, claws, and long tail make you think of a ferret or mongoose. She bears her pointed teeth and is about to attack again.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+9)[18]
    If successful, roll against DC 24 Damage.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Casey watches the tentacle coming towards him, watching in fear as it comes closer and closer, knowing that he couldn't dodge the tentacle in time. He feels his pants grow wet as the child screams, watching his incoming doom...

    And then, somehow, it missed, hitting about sixty feet away from where the child had been. More than a little confused, Casey stares at the four armed monster, absolutely terrified, seized by the compulsion to make the monster go away.

    To his amazement, a portal opens up under the feet of the creature and, while he can't see it, Casey knew another, similar portal high in the sky opened as well.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Moving things around in my array.

    One rank of Blink - 6 PP
    Ten ranks of Portal Catch - 40 PP
    14 remaining to shuffle

    Using Portal Catch on the octopus thing. Perception Range, so auto-hit. DC 20 Dodge to avoid it. If he fails, he's 4 miles up in the air.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ChaosArchon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Koprulu Sector

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    As his bike suddenly stops, Cody manages to flip off of the bike and land safely. A strange looking woman clad in metal then somehow throws his bike at him, which he manages to dodge as his precious Jag is slammed into the ground and explodes. "You b!*@?, do you even know how much that bike cost?! What the actual hell lady!" As he says this, the air congeals around him as gravity somehow begins to get heavier around him, as he instinctively manifests this power as he prepares to protect himself.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    activating "Newton's Protection"- Force Field 5
    Acrobatics:(1d20+6)[19]
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-20 at 03:37 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

    Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

    My homebrew setting: Raeus

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Casey watches the tentacle coming towards him, watching in fear as it comes closer and closer, knowing that he couldn't dodge the tentacle in time. He feels his pants grow wet as the child screams, watching his incoming doom...

    And then, somehow, it missed, hitting about sixty feet away from where the child had been. More than a little confused, Casey stares at the four armed monster, absolutely terrified, seized by the compulsion to make the monster go away.

    To his amazement, a portal opens up under the feet of the creature and, while he can't see it, Casey knew another, similar portal high in the sky opened as well.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Moving things around in my array.

    One rank of Blink - 6 PP
    Ten ranks of Portal Catch - 40 PP
    14 remaining to shuffle

    Using Portal Catch on the octopus thing. Perception Range, so auto-hit. DC 20 Dodge to avoid it. If he fails, he's 4 miles up in the air.
    A portal suddenly opens up as the octopus-man is teleported a few miles in the air, hurtling towards the ground. He slaps the wall with a tentacle, slowing his fall to some degree before he slams into a car, a dying honk coming from the hunk of metal. The octopus-man gets up, looking more panicked than before. He grabs the car with his four tentacles and hurls it off to the side, where it bounces once in the middle of the mob before whizzing towards the terrified young Casey.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+8)[9]
    If successful, roll against Damage DC 23.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    As his bike suddenly stops, Cody manages to flip off of the bike and land safely. A strange looking woman clad in metal then somehow throws his bike at him, which he manages to dodge as his precious Jag is slammed into the ground and explodes. "You b!*@?, do you even know how much that bike cost?! What the actual hell lady!" As he says this, the air congeals around him as gravity somehow begins to get heavier around him, as he instinctively manifests this power as he prepares to protect himself.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    activating "Newton's Protection"- Force Field 5
    Acrobatics:(1d20+8)[9]
    The woman snarls at you as she raises her hand, grey energy surrounding it.
    "I am Death Metal, and I will do as I wish!" the woman shouts. A lamppost whizzes into her hand before she swings it at you with a murderous grin, the grey energy allowing her to swing the massive metal pole despite her average physique.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[18]
    If successful, roll against Damage DC 27.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Dr. Reinher

    Wilhelm feels claws scrape across his back, tearing his shirt, but they barely graze his skin as he ducks. The marks left behind feel less painful than a paper cut.

    He looks at the...creature... were-ferret? Monster? across from him. The dust and wreckage around him proves that this is no movie, and it certainly doesn't appear to be interested in a rational discussion. He focuses on it, trying to replicate what he did by accident earlier, raking his eyes up and down her(?) body to avoid causing a fatal injury.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Eye beam attack (1d20+10)[16] (ranged vs enemy dodge)
    If successful, DC25 to resist damage

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    smuchmuch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ??Ph??

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Suddenly all hell breaks loose in the Golden Brick road. The young woman instinctively puts a hand in front of her mouth and close her yes to protect herself from the cloud of grey dust. She's sure she got a bit in her mouth and it must be all over her hairs now. What is, this thing ?

    She barely notices the lightning bolt that goes through her. Shouldn't it hurt ? Shouldn't she be dead ? No instead she feels quite fine. Better than fine in fact, she feels stronger, more aware, more... complete ? Like something came back to her. Not her memories, sadly but a connection of sorts. Under her feet she feels the ground, of course, but she feels so much more of it. All around her, every bumps and cracks. And The thousands of panicked footsteps of the running people almost trampling each others, the damage and the fires. No no no, that won't do at all.

    Slowly she opens her yes and look at the dust settling in. Silver dust. A little like the silver blades from her dream. All she knows is that it caused untold destruction. previously she felt an undefined Purpose and suddenly it's nature feels a lot clearer.

    Taken by a sudden energy, the teen starts to run but, counter intuitively, against the flow of the crowd and in the direction of the damage and the fires. She tries to maneuver as nimbly as she can in the panicked crowd. Despite her best attempt at dodging she gets bumped around quite a few time until in frustration she makes a large movement of arms in a vain attempt to get people way from her. Something unknowns triggers inside her head as she does and suddenly the street parts around her forming two small walls.

    What just happened ? Did she.. yes she can feel she moved something somehow.

    Someone is trying to help another who get trapped by the metal husk thrown around in the whirlwind. She closes her eyes in a split second of concentration, claps her hand together and put her palms on the floor. she can feel something stirring, ,if she can just make it move... Please. There's a small ripple forming around her hand and propagating through the street until it reaches around the truck, the ground twists and four pillars of concrete suddenly emerges under each corner of the vehicel and lift it, freeing the trapped man.
    It also very nearly frightened the two people to death. "Hehe. Whoops. Sorry" she scratches her head a bit in embarrassment Slightly overdid it here. Well the man seems fine enough and now that their friends can carry him, hopefully for him some kind of doctor ,will be able to do something for their injuries.

    With that she returns to her running. In her mind the adrenaline races along with the possibilities of the incredible new abilities she just discovered. There's a lot more she can do.

    Spoiler
    Show


    sorry for my lateness.

    Let's just say she spent the last two rounds using her Cityscape bending powers to stabilize the worst of the structural damage she came across and try to stop panicking civilians to trample each others to death
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2015-02-06 at 07:13 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

    Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

    -

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Casey looks at the octopus in fear, knowing that it just fell far further than it should ever have been able to. As the car flies towards the boy Casey only screams, then watches as the car lands a good distance from where he had been. He stares at the flying car, only to watch in awe as it suddenly appears above the octopus, slamming down onto him with far more force than it had any right to.

    The boy turns to run, completely terrified of what both he and the octopus are doing, tears streaming down his face.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Casey easily Dodges again.

    Moving Array around.
    1 Rank in Blink - 6 PP
    Ten Rank in Portal Throw - 31 PP
    13 Points remaining.

    DC 25 Toughness Save for the octopus. Perception Range, so no rolls on my end.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-07-21 at 11:46 AM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ChaosArchon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Koprulu Sector

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Cody attempts to dodge out of the way of the lamppost but is unable to get out of the way. As it connects with his body, not even the mysterious field that was surrounding him could fully protect him from the impact. "Son of a B%&^@" he thinks, "this is gonna hurt." However surprisingly he remains unharmed from being hit with the massive pole.

    Spoiler: Roll Against the Lamp-post!
    Show
    (1d20+6)[26]
    I already know I can't beat a 27 w/ a +6 mod to Toughness so I'll take the hit, now I'm rolling to see how badly I get hit and then will see how badly I'm out.
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-21 at 06:02 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

    Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

    My homebrew setting: Raeus

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Dr. Reinher

    Wilhelm feels claws scrape across his back, tearing his shirt, but they barely graze his skin as he ducks. The marks left behind feel less painful than a paper cut.

    He looks at the...creature... were-ferret? Monster? across from him. The dust and wreckage around him proves that this is no movie, and it certainly doesn't appear to be interested in a rational discussion. He focuses on it, trying to replicate what he did by accident earlier, raking his eyes up and down her(?) body to avoid causing a fatal injury.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Eye beam attack [roll0] (ranged vs enemy dodge)
    If successful, DC25 to resist damage
    The monster ducks under the energy beams that leap forth from your eyes, cutting up the pavement a short distance behind her. She lunges forward, tackling you to the ground before preparing to swipe at you again.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Grapple: 22
    Roll Strength or Dodge against DC 11.


    Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Suddenly all hell breaks loose in the Golden Brick road. The young woman instinctively puts a hand in front of her mouth and close her yes to protect herself from the cloud of grey dust. She's sure she got a bit in her mouth and it must be all over her hairs now. What is, this thing ?

    She barely notices the lightning bolt that goes through her. Shouldn't it hurt ? Shouldn't she be dead ? No instead she feels quite fine. Better than fine in fact, she feels stronger, more aware, more... complete ? Like something came back to her. Not her memories, sadly but a connection of sorts. Under her feet she feels the ground, of course, but she feels so much more of it. All around her, every bumps and cracks. And The thousands of panicked footsteps of the running people almost trampling each others, the damage and the fires. No no no, that won't do at all.

    Slowly she opens her yes and look at the dust settling in. Silver dust. A little like the silver blades from her dream. All she knows is that it caused untold destruction. previously she felt an undefined Purpose and suddenly it's nautre feemls alot clearer.

    Taken by a sudden energy, the teen starts to run but, counter intuitively, against the flow of the crowd in the dirrection the direction of the damage and the fires. She tries to maneuver as nimbly as she can in the panicked crowd. Despite her best attempt at dodging she gets bumped around quite a few time until in frustration she makes a large movement of arms in a vain attempt to get people way from her. Something unknowns triggers inside her head as she does and suddenly the street parts around her forming two small walls.

    What just happened ? Did she.. yes she can feel she moved something somehow.

    Someone is trying to help another who get trapped by the metal husk thrown around in the whirlwind. She closes her eyes in a split second of concentration, claps her hand together and put her palms on the floor. she can feel something stirring, ,if she can just make it move... Please. There's a small ripple forming around her hand and propagating through the street until it reaches around the truck, the ground twists and four pillars of concrete suddenly emerges under each corner of the vehicel and lift it, freeing the trapped man.
    It also very nearly frightened the two people to death. SSIZE=1]"Hehe. Whoops"[/SIZE] she scratches her head a bit in embarrassment Slightly overdid it here. Well the man seems fine enough and now that their friends can carry him, hopefully for him some kind of doctor ,will be able to do something for their injuries.

    With that she returns to her running. In her mind the adrenaline races along with the possibilities of the incredible new abilities she just discovered. There's a lot more she can do.

    Spoiler
    Show


    sorry for my lateness.

    Let's just say she spent the last two rounds using her Cityscape bending powers to stabilize the worst of the structural damage she came across and try to stop panicking civilians to trample each others to death
    Your efforts at manipulating the cityscape seem to have done a lot of good, as the mob starts breaking up. However, as you are working your powers, a blast of dark purple energy narrowly misses you from above. Descending from the sky with high-pitched laughter is a man around your age with gothic attire and an oversized black trenchcoat. He grins manically, black energy sparking from his fingertips.

    "Ah, another person empowered by this storm," he says, hovering a few inches off the ground, "Let's see how you fare against someone as powerful as I, Lord Etheric!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Casey looks at the octopus in fear, knowing that it just fell far further than it should ever have been able to. As the car flies towards the boy Casey only screams, then watches as the car lands a good distance from where he had been. He stares at the flying car, only to watch in awe as it suddenly appears above the octopus, slamming down onto him with far more force than it had any right to.

    The boy turns to run, completely terrified of what both he and the octopus are doing, tears streaming down his face.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Casey easily Dodges again.

    Moving Array around.
    1 Rank in Blink - 6 PP
    Ten Rank in Portal Throw - 31 PP
    13 Points remaining.

    DC 25 Toughness Save for the octopus. Perception Range, so no rolls on my end.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I forgot to mention last time, the man failed by two degrees last time, which means he's dazed and has a -1 on Toughness. Sorry about that.


    The car crashes down on the squid man. He's not expecting it, so it slams heavily into him. As you run away from it, the squid man crawls out from under the car, looking very worse for wear. The man, realizing that you are the somehow the source of his injury, lumbers towards you a few steps before lashing out with his four tentacles to grab you.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Three degrees of failure; he has a -2 on toughness and is staggered

    Attack: 28
    Damage DC: 23
    Grab Attempt: 26 (natural 20 adds one degree; resist with Strength or Dodge)


    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Cody attempts to dodge out of the way of the lamppost but is unable to get out of the way. As it connects with his body, not even the mysterious field that was surrounding him could fully protect him from the impact. "Son of a B%&^@" he thinks, "this is gonna hurt."

    Spoiler: Roll Against the Lamp-post!
    Show
    [roll0]
    I already know I can't beat a 27 w/ a +6 mod to Toughness so I'll take the hit, now I'm rolling to see how badly I get hit and then will see how badly I'm out.
    You brace for the impact of the lamppost, but it never comes as the lamppost breaks into chunks against the field of energy surrounding you. The woman is shocked at the spectacle, dropping the piece of lamppost in her hand. What do you do?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since you didn't take any actions on your turn (you little paranoid gamer, you!), I'll let you go ahead and take an action.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ChaosArchon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Koprulu Sector

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    After staring in amazement at what just happened, he begins to grin and says to his attack,"Oh you are soooo screwed lady!" He then begins to run towards her, but just as he begins to wind up a punch, a bolt of dark, shifting matter appears in his hand. After inspecting the strange essence in his hand he smiles even more,"This will do nicely." he chuckles.

    Cody then throws the lambent bolt of cosmic annihilation towards his enemy, as revenge for attacking him but more importantly for ruining his bike and most likely some of his clothes.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Cosmic Bolt: Damage 10 (toughness resist) [Cosmic]+Snare (dodge resist): (1d20+9)[23]
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

    Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

    My homebrew setting: Raeus

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Dr. Reinher
    The creature tackles Dr. Reinher to the ground. Claws rip at his clothing, shredding his shirt and tie, but again just barely scratch him. In the heat of the moment, the Doctor doesn't realize it. At point-blank range, he can't miss, and twin lines of coherent light spear his attacker, cutting deep, smoking gouges and filling the air with the smell of burning fur.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dodge (1d20+7)[11] glad she didn't target Parry instead.

    Eye beams again (if I get to to attack with them) (1d20+10)[27]
    damage DC 25 again
    Last edited by J-H; 2014-07-21 at 10:17 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    After staring in amazement at what just happened, he begins to grin and says to his attack,"Oh you are soooo screwed lady!" He then begins to run towards her, but just as he begins to wind up a punch, a bolt of dark, shifting matter appears in his hand. After inspecting the strange essence in his hand he smiles even more,"This will do nicely." he chuckles.

    Cody then throws the lambent bolt of cosmic annihilation towards his enemy, as revenge for attacking him but more importantly for ruining his bike and most likely some of his clothes.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Cosmic Bolt: Damage 10 (toughness resist) [Cosmic]+Snare (dodge resist): [roll0]
    The woman is struck full in the chest by the blast of dark matter, sending her tumbling back a few feet. She quickly rises to her feet and starts to lunge towards you. However, the dark energy crackles throughout her, apparently holding her back and slowing her every step. She points a hand at you, grey energy charging through her hand.

    "You want to play with fireworks, then?" the woman taunts as a blast of grey energy bursts from her palm before bursting against your field of energy, ultimately leaving you unharmed.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Made the appropriate checks; she's undamaged, but she took one degree of that Snare effect. That means she's hindered and vulnerable. Attempted a ranged attack, but narrowly missed.


    Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Dr. Reinher

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dodge [roll0] glad she didn't target Parry instead.

    Eye beams again (if I get to to attack with them) [roll1]
    damage DC 25 again
    The woman tackles you to the ground as you ineffectively try to push her off of you. She's much stronger than you, something you are both aware of as she raises a clawed hand. Before she strikes you, the eye beams from before activate again and strike her, blasting her back into a brick wall. She falls to the ground, unconscious.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    This time Casey is far less surprised this time when he disappears, avoiding the attack altogether. Had he been grabbed, Casey likely would have been in a great deal of trouble. Instead he escapes without a scratch.

    And, once again, the car falls through a hole, flying out of one in front of the octopus to slam into it once more.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Blink's Reaction Teleport gets me away from the attack.

    Array remains the same.

    Using Portal Throw. DC 25 Toughness.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Dr. Reinher

    Dr. Reinher rises from the ground. He notes his shredded clothing, and checks for bleeding. "Wow. Maybe the eyes aren't the only change. I hope the rat-thing wasn't carrying any fleas or diseases..."

    He looks around.
    -Did anyone see the fight?
    -Are there any injured civilians?
    -Any other fighting going on?

    He checks the rat-thing and verifies that it's still alive, and looks for some way to restrain it.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ChaosArchon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Koprulu Sector

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    "Listen, why don't you just back down miss? All your attempts to hurt me haven't had any affect on me, whereas I am able to deal with you without much effort." Cody says, flashing a brilliant smile at the obviously insane woman, while at the same time preparing to attack should she reject his offer to surrender.

    Spoiler: Round 2, Action!
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+15)[20] (assuming this is a Presence+Persuasion roll)

    prepared action: Cosmic Bolt (1d20+9)[29]
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-21 at 10:32 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

    Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

    My homebrew setting: Raeus

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    This time Casey is far less surprised this time when he disappears, avoiding the attack altogether. Had he been grabbed, Casey likely would have been in a great deal of trouble. Instead he escapes without a scratch.

    And, once again, the car falls through a hole, flying out of one in front of the octopus to slam into it once more.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Blink's Reaction Teleport gets me away from the attack.

    Array remains the same.

    Using Portal Throw. DC 25 Toughness.
    The car slams into the squid-man once more, crashing down some distance away. As the dust settles, the squid-man seems to be lying down, unconscious.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Toughness check failed three degrees due to previous penalties, so he's now unconscious.


    Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Dr. Reinher

    Dr. Reinher rises from the ground. He notes his shredded clothing, and checks for bleeding. "Wow. Maybe the eyes aren't the only change. I hope the rat-thing wasn't carrying any fleas or diseases..."

    He looks around.
    -Did anyone see the fight?
    -Are there any injured civilians?
    -Any other fighting going on?

    He checks the rat-thing and verifies that it's still alive, and looks for some way to restrain it.
    With the dust swirling around, it doesn't look like anybody has really noticed your fight due to how quick and relatively uneventful it was. You see a truck door open and a large man crawls out of it, clutching his chest in pain. The truck is surrounded by a field of grey energy and sent flying, drawing your attention to some other parts of the city. A woman with makeshift armor formed around her from scrap metal is hurling the truck at a handsome young man with a dark energy field surrounding him. Further away, a orange-skinned man with four tentacles coming from his sides is lumbering towards a chubby young boy who seems to be teleporting away from the squid-man. Nearby, a teenage girl dressed in green is having blasts of dark energy hurled at her by a man in gothic attire.

    Going to check on the woman, she appears to be simply unconscious; nothing that proper medical attention couldn't fix in due time. You don't have anything on hand or in your immediate view that could restrain her. However, you see a group of police cars coming out of the corner of your eye.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    "Listen, why don't you just back down miss? All your attempts to hurt me haven't had any affect on me, whereas I am able to deal with you without much effort." Cody says, flashing a brilliant smile at the obviously insane woman, while at the same time preparing to attack should she reject his offer to surrender.

    Spoiler: Round 2, Action!
    Show
    Diplomacy: [roll0] (assuming this is a Presence+Persuasion roll)

    prepared action: Cosmic Bolt [roll1]
    The woman sneers at you, reaching out to move a truck over towards her before starting to throw it at you. As she throws it, you hurl another bolt of dark energy, slamming through the car and striking her. She falls over unconscious as the dark energy courses through her, her armor falling apart around her.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Failed that toughness by a lot. You've won now.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ChaosArchon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Koprulu Sector

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    As the woman falls unconscious, Cody considers tying her up with something but realizes since she probably could break free from anything metallic and he didn't have any rope on him, to just let it go. He then continues, now on foot, towards the bar named Puzzle.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

    Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

    My homebrew setting: Raeus

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Casey looks at the crumpled body of the octopus man, terrified. In the back of his mind he knew that he hadn't tried to, that he had been defending himself. Still, that fact didn't make the harsh reality that he had just beaten a man into a unconscious lump without lifting a finger.

    Still terrified, Casey continues to run, just trying to escape what has happened.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Everything is in Blink now.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Dr. Reinher

    Seeing nothing useful, the doctor tries to at least tie the creature's hands behind it with the remnants of his tie.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I think this would be a Sleight of Hand check, but I'm not sure. Only taking a round or so to do this.
    (1d20+4)[12]


    Turning to the other battles that he can see through the dust, Dr. Reinher sees that two of them have ended. The last, a girl being assaulted by a costumed man throwing bolts of energy, seems fairly clear-cut, so he intervenes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure if there are any range modifiers
    Attack (1d20+10)[19]
    If successful, DC25 to resist damage


    His eye rays shoot wide, scorching the wall behind the costumed magus.
    Last edited by J-H; 2014-07-23 at 07:59 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    smuchmuch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ??Ph??

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    The teen nearly jumps as a black energy blot zips past her and startles her as she was looking for her next destination

    "Blah blah blah Lord etheric"
    "Uh. Charmed, i'm sure ? I'm..." Oh yeah mind still blank, only name that feels vaguely right for some reason is Esemeralda but somehow she's not sure she want to tell what could be her real name to someone who throw bolt of energy to get your attention. "Miss Green. "Do I know you or something ?" Well he doesn't fell familiar, not that it means much and he said something about someone else being empowered. So apparently he decided to attack her because she was there. Who thinks like that ?
    "Look I'm sure it's be an epic battle an all,Very impressive coat" "but I was kind of busy helping people here ?. Maybe we could do that later ? Or not at all ?" her feet thinks a little in the ground that shimmers around her, ready to rise and intercept any more bolts of energy.

    And then someone else tries to attack him in turn with some laser beams. And looking around, apparently there's an unconscious squid man and a woman in metal who ,just got their ass whooped by other people as well. Why is everyone fighting when there was a freaking tornado just tend second ago, did she miss a memo somewhere. "Yeesh what is it with you people ? Was everyone sprayed with crazy gas or what ?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kinda missed two rounds here, bleh. Sorry had a bit of a block because wasn't sure how I wanted the character to react to this. She is pretty laid back to someone trying to atomize her.

    Just taking a defensive action:
    Taking a standart action for defensive action . Dodge: (1d20+10)[24] (if the D20 roll is under 10 add 10) result of the roll is temporary defense untill next round

    Sleight of hands seems about right
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-07-23 at 10:30 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Emerald City Knights

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry about how late this all is!


    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    As the woman falls unconscious, Cody considers tying her up with something but realizes since she probably could break free from anything metallic and he didn't have any rope on him, to just let it go. He then continues, now on foot, towards the bar named Puzzle.
    You find the bar, but it is now up in flames. Looking in, you see a woman slumped unconsciously against the bar. The flames are starting to reach the bar, and parts of the ceiling are starting to collapse. What do you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Casey looks at the crumpled body of the octopus man, terrified. In the back of his mind he knew that he hadn't tried to, that he had been defending himself. Still, that fact didn't make the harsh reality that he had just beaten a man into a unconscious lump without lifting a finger.

    Still terrified, Casey continues to run, just trying to escape what has happened.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Everything is in Blink now.
    You run away from the chaos, very much shaken up over what just transpired. You see a fight going on down the street, but it's hard to tell what's happening from this distance. The situation seems to be calming down by now, but the fact that you've managed to break most laws of physics half a dozen times in the last minute is still getting to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Dr. Reinher

    Seeing nothing useful, the doctor tries to at least tie the creature's hands behind it with the remnants of his tie.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I think this would be a Sleight of Hand check, but I'm not sure. Only taking a round or so to do this.
    [roll0]


    Turning to the other battles that he can see through the dust, Dr. Reinher sees that two of them have ended. The last, a girl being assaulted by a costumed man throwing bolts of energy, seems fairly clear-cut, so he intervenes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure if there are any range modifiers
    Attack [roll1]
    If successful, DC25 to resist damage


    His eye rays shoot wide, scorching the wall behind the costumed magus.
    Energy blasts forth from your eyes, knocking the coat-clad man from the air. The woman seems to be very calm despite the man's antagonizing, and the man whirls around to face you. The blast has burned the back of his coat, and he turns towards you with a furious expression.

    "Who are you to strike a someone such as I, you wretch!" he shouts at you.

    He rises to his feet, a ray of dark energy blasting towards you from his hands. This ray seems to strike into your mind as well as your body, feeling unlike anything you were expecting.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    This one is Perception range, so it hits automatically. Make a Will save against DC 23.


    Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    The teen nearly jumps as a black energy blot zips past her and startles her as she was looking for her next destination

    "Uh. Charmed, i'm sure ? I'm..." Oh yeah mind still blank, only name that feels vaguely right for some reason is Esemeralda but somehow she's not sure she want to tell what could be her real name to someone who throw bolt of energy to get your attention. "Miss Green. "Do I know you or something ?" Well he doesn't fell familiar, not that it means much and he said something about someone else being empowered. So apparently he decided to attack her because she was there. Who thinks like that ?
    "Look I'm sure it's be an epic battle an all,Very impressive coat" "but I was kind of busy helping people here ?. Maybe we could do that later ? Or not at all ?" her feet thinks a little in the ground that shimmers around her, ready to rise and intercept any more bolts of energy.

    And then someone else tries to attack him in turn with some laser beams. And looking around, apparently there's an unconscious squid man and a woman in metal who ,just got their ass whooped by other people as well. Why is everyone fighting when there was a freaking tornado just tend second ago, did she miss a memo somewhere. "Yeesh what is it with you people ? Was everyone sprayed with crazy gas or what ?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kinda missed two rounds here, bleh. Sorry had a bit of a block because wasn't sure how I wanted the character to react to this. She is pretty laid back to someone trying to atomize her.

    Just taking a defensive action:
    Taking a standart action for defensive action . Dodge: [roll0] (if the D20 roll is under 10 add 10) result of the roll is temporary defense untill next round

    Sleight of hands seems about right
    The 'Lord Etheric' character falls from the air, getting up to attack the man who fired lasers at him. He no longer seems to be paying attention to you.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That's alright; I've been hung up on stuff like that before. It's just good to know that you're still in this.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •