New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dead in the Water (Dark Heresy IC)

"'Ow long d'you keep 'em for? When'd this guy start?"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Annie

"Couple months ago, I think." The bartender shrugged. "I don't keep track too much. We've sold a few of his, mostly architecture."

By the Stage

"There's no rules about content. We get a lot of different stuff. I wouldn't do anything about fish, though, most of the amateurs go for that sort of thing. It's been done, y'know?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Enoch tasted the Ebrius, and as he let it slide down his throat, his face softened. But unwelcome memories were hot on the heels of the welcome ones that the liqueur had conjured. His features were suddenly contorted in a display of unbridled rage.

The psyker blinked and shook his head. "Just as powerful as I remembered," he said half-heartedly to the waiter by way of explanation for the paroxysm. Realising this was probably not quite enough to overcome the moment of oddness, he cleared his throat. "And thank you, that is most helpful."

He took another slow sip of the Amasec - this time capable of enjoying it almost entirely without a surge of bitterness - and then, picking up his glass, he wandered over to Hiram. He sat down at the other man's table, and nodded knowingly. "Greetings," he said, before taking another sip of his drink and just staring off into space.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

"Any paticular places?" Annie asked. "I'm new round here, wonderin where's impressive."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

By the Stage

Hiram barely glanced at Enoch when the psyker sat down, his eyes alternating between his empty glass and the stage. Close up, Enoch was able to confirm his earlier assessment of the man: Hiram looked like a labourer from one of the hive's many industrial areas.

"Well met, friend." He said by way of greeting. He had a precise way of speaking that contradicted his appearance, and carried with it the same sort of accent as Detective McKaren's. "You here to listen to the poetry of Mr. Connolly?"

Annie

"Hive's a big place. I think he's done one of Neptune Square that's sold a lot of prints. It's one of the bigger open areas in the hive, sits right in front of St. Elana's Cathedral. Packed with Pilgrims on the holy days, of course. He painted it when there weren't so many people around. Most of it's just buildings, though. I figure that's just what he likes painting. Most artists are like that, y'know?"

Someone down the other end of the bar called for drinks, and the bartender moved off to fix them. Annie watched money and banter being exchanged, the bartender's hands never ceasing to move the whole time. He liked to talk with them, when they weren't holding glasses or a dishrag. High energy sort of person, with a casual manner of speaking. If he didn't make a killing in tips, it'd be surprising.

He came back to her end of the bar before too long. His other patrons hadn't seemed much interested in talk. They'd probably heard it all before. "Sorry, was saying. Everyone's got a topic they love to work with. D'you ever do anything artistic? Tattoos count." He grinned.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Annie was proud of her tattoos, even the ones that had been lasered off her face as a condition of undercover work. "These ain't mine, nah, but I told'im where to put most'f'em."

She tipped her head back, revealing a ring of bullets below her jawline, before showing off the snakes twisted around the ornate hand cannon on her bicep. "I'm Metallican, case you can't tell." Not like it wasn't obvious. "So, s'pose it'd be pistols." She resisted the urge to draw her weapons- the musketeer was impressively artistic, in any case.

She took another swig of the cheap whiskey and leaned forward, bringing the hilts of the dual pistols on her collarbones into prominence. "I'm Annie. You speak like yer know 'bout artists- you one yerself? What'd be your specialty?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's throw out a speculative Charm test: (1d100)[75] vs 48

No specific goal but boosting his disposition. Annie's not above a little flirting to get a contact at a suspicious location.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Stage - Mouse

The Adept gives a small nod to the waiter. "I had guessed that might have been the case. Still, thank you." She says, ignoring that the psyker had moved over for now. If she got up to move with him, it'd be a tell-tale sign that something was going on and she didn't want to spook anyone just yet. "I'll be sure to keep it in mind. I think I'll watch a couple performances before going up myself." She admits, giving the waiter a small smile. "To work up the courage really. I tend not to do well in front of crowds, but I like to try."

What the cogs have I gotten myself into? I'd give my shotgun to go back to that icy mining settlement at this point...
    She thinks to herself.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am not familiar with his work," said Enoch. "Or the scene in general, really. No, I'm hoping to meet a friend here. Apparently he's a regular, and I haven't been able to track him down for the past week."

The psyker took the mundane deck of cards from out of a pocket and began shuffling them.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Annie

The bartender shook his head. "I've done a little engraving, but most of what I know I picked up hanging around here. Place like this, you learn things, enough to know that's some nice ink you've got. Course, place like this also doesn't sound like the sort anyone from Gunmetal would go on vacation. I've never been there, but the gunslingers are famed enough for a few stories to make it out here. What brings you to Landunder? Business?"

By the Stage

"Sure. You need a refill, or anything, let me know." Enoch could see the waiter moving on from his former table from his seat at the new one, leaving Mouse sitting alone with Gabe. The priest had been very quiet since they got here. Watching, more than talking.

"Friend?" Hiram was saying, as the psyker shuffled his cards. "Well, I'm here most days. After work and all. Who might you be searching for?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

"More or less. Some mid-hive business bod wanted a bodyguard with a bit of glamour fer his trips out here. Never really cared what he did. We arrive on landunder, he announces he can't pay me for the journey out but might be able to once we get back. 'Course, I don't work for free, so I tells him "sod that" and i tells him to guard his own body on the way back. That were a couple of months ago, an' since then, bin doing odd jobs here. Standing behind blokes and looking nasty, mostly."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"A man called Thaddius," said Enoch. He dropped the pretense of staring off into space, catching Hiram with his gaze. "I'm afraid he's gotten into some trouble."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Annie

"Makes sense. Who's the guy you came in with, then? Some other odd job?" The bartender leaned on the counter.

Enoch

Hiram frowned, tilting his head at Enoch. "You knew Thaddius too? I haven't seen him since the last time we were here. What sort of trouble you think he got into? I never knew him to be much of a rabble-rouser."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"I heard he got in trouble with the wrong sort," Enoch said flatly. "And then I found he's not the only recently missing hiver that frequented this ... place. Do you know anything about that, Mr Hiram?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, ye could say that." Annie said, glancing at Enoch, and his oddly flat demeanor. "Keep half an eye on him. Some folks can't keep 'emselves safe, savvy?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Annie

"Sure thing," the bartender said. "Don't think you need to worry too much about our clientele, but I'll keep an ear open in case voices get raised."

By the Stage

"He did? He isn't?" Hiram raised a big hand, rough with callouses from hard work. "Slow down there, a moment. You don't think I had anything to do with it, do you? I'd have looked out for Thaddeus, if I thought he was into any sort of trouble. He told me he'd happened on an interesting prospect, and I figured that was just his roundabout way of saying he fancied one of the hens in here. Last I saw him he was off towards the restrooms over there, and when he didn't come back, well, I figured that meant he'd got lucky. Only he didn't show up at work after that, and that's not like him."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"Cheers." Annie said, and, because it lead there so beautifully, "course, some things a bird with a knife can't do nothing about. You hear about the folks turning up around town with their hearts exploded? Nasty, that."
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2014-11-17 at 04:02 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Annie

The bartender's eyebrows shot up. "No, haven't heard anythin' about that. How many people you mean?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

"Fair few." Annie said, deciding not to be too specific, in case it was suspicious. Also, she'd forgotten.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"Damn. Somebody must be burying that in a thousand fathoms." This was, by the way he'd said it, probably not literal. Some local expression, most likely, or so it seemed to Annie. "Usually news travels pretty fast down here. We got a lot of people in a confined space, y'know, and bad news travels faster than good. Assuming you got a good source. You think there's some sort of crazed murderer running loose in the hive?"

He looked like he was watching a holo-vid, rather than discussing actual murder. Crime-holos were fairly popular, even on Gunmetal, though in Annie's home city the adventures of Arbitrator Ominus were usually passed over in favour of vigilante revenge tales featuring Marius Morrison or some other big-name actor. Maybe the bartender was a fan.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"'oo knows?" Annie said, shrugging. "I wouldn't consider this bloke a good source, exactly. Said it were his cousin it happened to... some bloke called Thaddius."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

"He didn't get lucky," said Enoch. "He got killed. In quite a nasty fashion. And as mentioned, he wasn't the only recently expired piece of meat that used to come to this ... vicinity."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse's Table

Once the Adept was left alone for a while, she pulls out her dataslate and begins typing and retyping, attempting to formulate some sort of poem. As she works however, she steals looks over the top edge of her dataslate, attempting to see if anyone has taken a rather peculiar interest in her companions that were making themselves a bit more known at the time.

Eventually though, regardless of whether she spots anything interesting or not, she'll flag down a waiter. "Excuse me, but do I just go onto the stage whenever I'm ready, or is there a procedure to follow?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Annie

The bartender shook his head, showing little recognition at the name. "Well, if it's true, it'll be the next big thing once it gets out. Everyone loves a good murder. Headlines in all the news slates, I'd wager. Now it's none of my business, but if that story looks like it's about to break, I'd find that bloke of yours and get the first interview. Make a mint selling it to the hacks at the Adraxis Tribune."

Enoch

Hiram nearly choked on his drink. "What!?" Again, he held up a hand, coughing a few times before he could continue. "Emperor's teeth, man, when you said trouble, I didn't think that meant dead. What happened?"

The shout had drawn a few looks from other patrons, Enoch noticed. This place was a lot quieter than most clubs, and being overheard was thus much easier. Hiram looked like he expected an explanation, though, no matter who was listening in.

Mouse

Nobody seemed interested, in the few glances Mouse was able to steal while still working, until Enoch dropped his bombshell a few tables over. As absorbed as she was in the problems of vocabulary, it was impossible to miss Hiram's outburst, or the attention it had garnered. Unfortunately, it was equally impossible to tell whether any of it was more serious than normal human curiosity. Even the waiter she'd flagged had stopped to look, for a moment, before returning his attention to her.

"Let one of us know, we can take you around the back. You won't be first in line, though. First performance is due to start in just a few minutes."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, keep it down-low." Annie said absent-mindedly. "We don't want no panic."

After Hiram's outburst, Annie took advantage of her raised position at the bar to scan the room for anyone following the conversation too intently.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Awareness test: (1d100)[76] vs 32-I-Think

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Enoch was starting to get uncomfortable. Accessing this information was proving more difficult than his usual research - at least in the library, the books didn't snap back at you. Not the ones a Silver Aeon had access to, at any rate.

"That's the mystery," he said unhappily, his gaze dropping to the table. "But he's in the Constabulary morgue at this moment, and his entrails are in quite an unusual condition ..."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Enoch

"Well, if he's up there that at least means someone's looking at it." Hiram said, as those around them went back to their drinks. Apparently their curiosity only extended as far as verifying there was nothing more interesting going on. "You with the constabulary? You don't much look like an officer."

Annie

From her perch at the bar, Annie had a better view than Enoch. The occassional glance went in the psyker's direction from the other patrons, but the bar had its disadvantages as well: Annie was too far away to read the expressions of the observers, and couldn't tell if it was anything out of the ordinary.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Annie caught Enoch's eye and mouthed "need a hand?"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not ... exactly," Enoch replied. Catching Annie's eye, he nodded desperately.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Annie nodded at the bartender and sauntered over toward Enoch and his friend, stopping behind the psyker's target.

"Evenin'" she said mildly, holding herself where Hiram would have to turn awkwardly to see her. "'Aving a chat, aye Enoch? Mind if I join yis?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse

The woman winced at the outburst, but she keeps herself from looking at him and gives a nod to the waiter when he turns back to her. "Alright, I'm ready to head back." Mouse says, holding her dataslate close to her. The poem on it took some work to make, mostly because it wasn't just a poem. It certainly had been tricky to work in windows and exploding hearts without outright saying it.